Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cedardale Underworld Inquirer SU (A Paranormal Conspiracy RPG) - Rated R

Default The Cedardale Underworld Inquirer SU (A Paranormal Conspiracy RPG) - Rated R

Rating: This RPG is rated R to allow for language and violence. Under this rating, some substance use, and some romance is also considered acceptable. Please do not abuse this liberty, please fade to black if your characters are going beyond hugs and kisses.

Note: Your character in this RPG will be human (14+), and you will likely be paired with another player or two for work purposes. If your player partner(s) disappears, we will work out a scenario by which they died/got injured/quit/got fired/got kidnapped/etc. I will also try honor requests to team up with particular players, assuming they are interested in the team-up.

Plot:
    The Cedardale Underworld Inquirer is fairly well known in town as a local tabloid paper and e-paper. It’s been in print (and online) now for just over 6 years. The main goal of this paper is to collect weird stories to entertain the readers, so they will keep buying issues and ordering online subscriptions. The Chief Editor, Edmond Welsh, actually was serious about spreading paranormal news when he started the paper, but even he admits this paper is now little more than a joke, though it’s an entertaining enough joke to keep readers buying papers and online subscriptions.

The paper’s office occupies most of the third floor of a high-rise office building in downtown Cedardale. It’s a reasonably good headquarters for the paper, having fully stocked offices with state of the art computers, conference rooms with wall projectors, printing facilities sufficient for the small paper’s purposes, and a break/lunch room with vending machines and a foosball table. - The rest of the floor is dedicated to small travel agency run by a single woman, Martha Yang, to who Mr. Welsh has granted access to the paper’s break/lunch room. She’s a friendly middle aged lady, who sometimes gives the paper’s staff information on Chinese mythology.

The paper is still somewhat small, so while some staff has permanent roles in editing and administration, most of the staff does a mixture of investigating, interviewing, photographing, and filming. You are one of these people; a multi-skilled, Field Investigator, which is basically just the paper’s term for Reporter. (You may also play as intern or student intern, but I will only be accepting 2 such players, and the fact that you are in High School or College will limit you ability to travel.)

Working for The Cedardale Underworld Inquirer, you’ve heard your share of kooky stories, but things are about to get really bizarre as you realize that some of theses stories may, in fact, have a thread of truth.

Friday, every week, the company meets in the main conference room to discuss assignments with Mr. Welsh; what stories they’re going to continue investigating, what stories he wants them to drop, and what new leads he wants them to follow.

When you get to this week’s meeting however, Mr. Welsh, is not there. Nobody has heard from him, or knows were he is. However the there is a manila envelope, similar to those he usually stores the week’s new leads in, on the table. It has a sticky note on it, which reads, “Proceed as usual.”

One of the senior editors takes the initiative, and opens the envelope. Inside the envelope are several leads, however as he spreads them out on the table everybody realizes they are old lead, leads that Mr. Welsh had previously discarded during these meetings. Everybody thought they’d gone into the round file (which is to say the recycling bin). The senior editor laughs lightly, “Guess he’s been saving these for a rainy day?”

This is where we’ll start the RPG, staring at a table full of old leads, and our boss nowhere in sight. These leads are of an assorted nature. One lead has a photo of the Georgia Guidestones, a photo of Stonehenge, a newspaper clipping about how Stonehenge may have been a graveyard, and a hard to read three page letter that looks like it was written by a madman. Another lead is nothing more than a single page letter written in purple ink, where what you imagine has to be the sweetest little old lady in existence, confesses that she’s worried there’s something evil living in her garden. Yet another lead is a an assortment of UFO images, and a cassette tape in a sandwich bag stapled to a two page letter precisely describing each photo and the buzzing sound that was captured on the tape many years ago.

Note: Since we’ll all be building this world together, I’m giving you the freedom to select your own case that has ‘a thread of truth’, which will help mold the world. While I do have plans for a conspiracy theory and a couple story arcs (and occasionally I may give you related puzzles), I understand I may need to alter my plans to fit the world we end up creating, but I believe it’ll be more fun this way.

Approved and Pending Players
    1. VampirateMace (Linda Sanders)
    2. Delta Hunter (Harry Bell - Intern)
    3. DVB (Diego Vendrix)
    4. Mr. Owl (Beauregard “Beau” Filibert LeFleur)
    5. Firebrand (Jason Valentine)
    6. Kiruria (Merlin)
    7. Tundra_Wolfmane (J)
    8. Schade (Jen)

Sign-ups:

Name: What we will call you

Age & Gender: How old and what gender you are
    (Your character must be at least 14 to be an intern, I am only accepting 2 interns. Non-interns should generally be 18+)

Strongest Job Skills: Please note if your investigative/deductive skills, interview/people skills, or photography/filming skills, are the strongest. Please do not claim to be perfect at all three, I’m not putting up with Mary-Sues.

(Clarification: You can split the above skill choices up into six if you want too, and pick a few. If you want to explain or add other skills, that’s fine too. Just don’t create an unrealistically perfect skill set by selecting everything. It’s okay to good at a lot of things, but if you’re great at everything, you’d probably have a better job.)

Appearance: What you look like. When choosing clothes consider that your character will likely be outside in all sorts of weather. (+ 8 sentences)

Personality: How you act. A good personality will have both strong points and flaws, so please no Mary-Sues or criminal psychopaths. (+ 8 sentences)

History: What has happened in your life, please try to keep this realistic; if you were raised by pandas, you’re probably not going to speak/write English well enough to work as a reporter. - Also what got you interested in either the paranormal or journalism, or are you just working at the paper for the money? (+ 8 sentences)

Investigating: What current story or new lead would you like to be working on when the meeting concludes? (you can pick something from the above plot or make up your own) Realize that since you’ll likely have a partner, this may not be the story you’ll be working on if their preference is different. Please be creative, but not completely outrageous.

Puzzle Difficulty Testing:
    (You will not be punished for failing to completing any part of this, this just so I can adjust puzzle difficulty based on you and your partner’s skills.)

1. Find five words using the letters in HEADLINES:

2. Chet and Henry are identical twins. They decided to use their birthday money to get a reading from Madame Vera, a psychic who specialized in reading palms and tea leaves. Chet introduces them to her, “I’m Chet, and this is my twin brother Henry, people have trouble telling us apart, so we always wear shirts that are our favorite colors, red and blue.” Madame Vera greets them warmly, and asks them to have a seat. She then explains that she doesn’t like interruptions, and asks them to hand over their cell phones, which she will set on a side table. Now it’s Henry’s turn to joke, “We had to get phone cases that match our shirts, so we could tell them apart.” Madame Vera reads their palms, telling Chet he has potential to be quite successful in life, and will marry young. She then tells Henry that he’ll probably always have trouble with his love life, but he’ll have excellent health his whole life though. She refers to them by name, but never once calls either of them by the wrong name. When they’re done, she thanks them and returns their phones. The twins walk out, and immediately trade phones.

What’s one thing you can deduce?

3. If you are able to decode it, please follow this instruction:
    XKPTBO TFQE VLRO CXSLOFQB YLLH, YLLH PBOFBP, LO XRQELO:
    ____

My Sign-up:

Name: Linda Sanders

Age & Gender: 25, Female

Strongest Job Skills: Investigative/Deductive Skills

Appearance:
    Linda is just over average height, and just slightly overweight, with lightly toned muscle structure. Her skin is a light tan color, and her long, almost straight, hair is blonde, with strawberry tips and highlights. Her face is oval in shape, with a slightly pointed chin, straight nose, and lightly defined cheekbones. Her eyes are vibrant shade of green with just a tinge of blue.

Since she sometimes has to appear on camera and has to work with witnesses, Linda tried to dress nice. Generally she wears a light colored short sleeve blouse, usually with a flowery pattern or mythological print, and black slacks or jeans. For shoes she wears black sneakers, because sometimes field work requires a lot of walking on uneven ground. Additionally she tends to wear socks that match her blouse in color, and a gold bracelet on her left wrist. She carries a dark brown leather two section satchel to keep her personal belongings and work supplies in. For rough weather, she had a beige trench coat and white rubber galoshes.

Personality:
    Linda is a little shy, preferring books and machines to people. Her people skills have improved while working for the paper because she’s had to conduct interviews and such, but where she really shines is in research and field experiments. Following hunches, she checks out the scene, examines evidence, and conducts precision experiments. Usually she doesn’t find anything useful or believable, but that may be about to change.

Linda is friendly, and tries hard to get along with her co-workers, even if they aren’t. At this point, she’s mostly still working at the paper because she needs the money, and would rather report some real news, but she doesn’t hold that against her co-workers, and is willing to hang out with them after work if invited. She wouldn’t do the inviting, due to being a bit introverted however.

Linda loves animals, one of the first things she did after moving into her apartment was get a cat from the local shelter. He’s grouchy and tries drive off anyone he doesn’t know, which is pretty much everyone, but that’s usually not a problem.

History:
    Linda grew up and attended school in Cedardale, so she knows the town and surrounding areas fairly well. She lived in an apartment when she was a little girl, and though her family moved to a house when she was in her preteens. When she was teen they moved into another house that seemed to be haunted. There were odd noises at all hours of the night and something in the shed would growl menacingly, despite her father practically tearing the shed apart in an effort to find it.

Afraid to be home alone, she would stay at the school library and research the paranormal. Reading investigator interviews, and about other people’s experiences with the paranormal, actually made her feel better. It likely wasn’t going to hurt her, and it could always be worse.

This lead her into a career of paranormal investigation and reporting, but she’s not that satisfied with the paper’s current activity and reputation. Her social life has been kind of dull, due to being shy and having an anti-stranger cat.

She’s now living by herself in an apartment, well her and her cat, Victor. Victor is a grouchy old tomcat she got from a shelter, who meows annoyingly at visitors. He’s missing a chunk of his left ear, which was damaged before she got him.

Investigating:
    Wanting to report on something real, Linda would probably go after the Georgia Guidestones or UFO leads, because even if they’re fake, there’s still something physical to report… though she knows she’s supposed to play it up for the paper anyways.

Since I wrote the test, this is kind of useless for me to do…
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 11th March 2014 at 6:51 PM.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

Make me a reserve for this. This sounds fun!

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Sure, I've got another player to add as well. Should I assume you'll be playing some form of Diego?

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Name: Diego Vendrix

Age & Gender: 23, Male

Strongest Job Skills: Deductive skills are quite good, but he is also handy with filming things, or at least editing. People skills could use some work, being his blunt nature like he is.

Appearance: He stands at five foot, 11 inches. He has low cheekbones, a boyish face and with slight stubble. His hair is black with subtle patches of very dark brown, mainly in the tips. His hair is kept trimmed and neat, however the ends on the back of his head are messy and spiky. He has slightly bigger than average eyes, which are chocolate brown. His eyes are large enough that they are noticeably larger than average, even by a margin amount. His skin is a pale shade of olive skin that could be seen from his face.

He wears a black T-shirt with a gold yingyang symbol on front and a white silhouette of Quetzalcoatl, portrayed as an Ouroboros with the crescent moon and sun in the center of the loop on the back. He has on some black cargo pants that has pockets to carry anything he needs to and black tennis shoes with a red spiral on them. He completes this ensemble with a fedora hat and a good sturdy trench coat, giving the detective look. He also has on a digital watch with him. He does change shirts to different slightly bizarre shirts, but overall this is kinda his basic attire.

Personality: : Diego is a warm and emotional person with an occasion fiery temper and an adventurous spirit. He is very empathetic and has a great desire to help people out. Beneath this outgoing facade, Diego is a shy and quiet person. He is also a very artistic individual as he will often draw whenever he gets the chance to do so. He is very loyal, but can come on as clingy, especially around girls. He also likes to cook. When in serious situations, he knows it is time for him to use his intelligence and strengths at their full capacity. He is very creative and known to be devious for his ideas. He is regarded as being very smart in many aspects. He also has a fascination with mythology, the supernatural, the sciences, arts, cooking and the traditional geeky things such as anime and manga. In fact, he tends to emulate the qualities of his heroes to help bolster his self-confidence.

He has his faults, however. Some of these are being blunt, sarcastic, laziness and often day-dreaming during certain moments and saying a weird comment afterward. Beyond that, he also has moments of self-righteousness, showing frustrated toward some of the less-than-savory characters, but holds his tongue when he needs to. He is prone to snarky or blunt comments and is often unable to figure out what to do in situations with people so will often mess things up, though he means no harm. More so, he seems to have a dark side, appearing only in his night mares. Despite this or because of it, he tries to overcome these traits to become a better person.

History:Born of Mexican heritage, Diego does not have of an interesting background. Born on the West Coast, his parents move to the Southeast a few months after his brother is born. He grew up being a bright but eccentric and lonely kid. Not able to understand that he was different and why the kids viewed him strangely, he took it in stride though his short temper would come out and showed that that the neglect gave him a growing self-loathing. In his mind, for every one of his age to avoid him and not being able to make friends until much later, made him wonder if something was the matter. Believing something was wrong with him, he repressed this self-loathing with optimism. He continued moving forward, though he became sulky and aggressive during middle school.

This coupled with his brother’s normalcy, growing contrasting personality and popularity made the two clash and a rift was created that Diego ultimately regretted and while on better terms, still views this as a shame. Regarding his parents, his father worked in Operations for a computer company while his mom was a homemaker. Diego loved both his parents but closer to his father because he was a very competent, patient and understanding man, despite his stubborn attitude and need for control. Diego loves his mom and anyone who offends her will be given the traditional Mexican treatment, i.e. a tongue lashing a chance for a beatdown. However, he views her slightly as a ditz and is exasperated by her occasional lack of practicality and frugality, though he sympathizes with her emotional side, due to being the same way.

Being left to his own devices with no real friends until later, Diego took to some of the nerd hobbies, mainly reading, video gaming and anime and manga. Being shy around some adults and never finding a mentor in the form an older peer, he centered his principles on heroes of various fictions. Emulating some of their properties and adopting their determination, they helped Diego forge a moral code. This combined with his stubbornness and intelligence, made him come off as someone who was devious in arguing and a smartass at times. In high school, as people matured and got used to him, Diego began mellowing out. However, he still holds a grudge to many a peer. To him, they did something wrong and the right thing to do would be to apologize. He does so and has often done so. This ratio adds to the self-loathing by making him think many things are because of his fault. This gradual compilation led to the formulation of a potential dark side. Retaining his assets while thriving on anger, sadness, revenge and other suppressed emotions , this is the side of him he does his best to restrain.

Ultimately, he finishes off high school with strong grades, the only Hispanic with honors and going to college. However, his lack of experience with social cues as well as lacking any psychological coaching until late teenagerdom, put him in odds regarding networking. Furthermore, his philosophical ways and quirky views of the world made it odd for him to decide what he wanted, viewing the world having gotten too complicated. He did managed to meet some good friends on line, his best friend having met him in real life a few times. He graduated pretty well from GSU with a Bachelor's Degree in Film. He had some connections to Turner from his internships, but they were not hiring for the time. In order to get some more experience, he was led to The Cedardale Underworld Inquirer for a gig to help pay the rent and bills in his apartment.

Investigating: Due to already living in Georgia, he decided to head for the Georgia Guidestones.

1. Find five words using the letters in HEADLINES: Head, Lines, Lead, Dean, Dine

2.     Spoiler:- Chet & Henry:

Chet and Henry seem to have impish natures. They like to mess with people regarding their identities. They seem to have opposite phone cases for this reason, a matter of association.

Spoiler:- Spoilers:
    Last edited by DVB; 3rd April 2014 at 7:09 AM.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

DVB: Accepted (but, please read notes)…
    * You mentioned living in Georgia, in your investigation preference. I never specified a location, and if we come to decide that we are not in Georgia (I’m going to go see about getting a Discussion Thread after this, and I may open the location to suggestions), you won’t be either, because this is not a telecommute position. However the Guidestone story can have you traveling to Georgia (and Stonehenge), where you may have lived before.
    * You also may want to clean it up a little:
    For example; your comment on his dad’s traits has ‘understanding’ twice.
    And this sentence > “He is also thinner than last time and having a bit more muscle.”
    Also, “a tongue lashing a chance for a beatdown” in not exclusively Mexican, that’s what a lot of humans would do.

Name: Beauregard “Beau” Filibert LeFleur

Strongest Job Skill: Investigative, Deductive, Interviewing

Appearance:
    Beau is a tall and physically fit young man. He has medium-toned brown skin that is due to his mixed ancestry. He has a small amount of freckles across the bridge of his button-like nose. Beau’s eyes are large and prominent. They are the reason for his name. He inherited the uncommon misty blue eyes of his great grandfather. They are framed by a thick pair of triangular eyebrows. His jaw and cheekbones are well-defined. Overall, his face is rather angular. His dark brown curly hair is kept short. He has the sides and back trimmed lower than the top, creating a rather stylish and sleek appearance.

Beau typically wears somewhat fashionable clothes. He runs a fashion blog as a hobby, so he knows his stuff. His look is casual, but refined. He likes to wear a lot of earthy tones when choosing clothing. He really likes boots and jackets.

Personality:
    Beau is extremely intelligent...in specific areas. Otherwise, he comes off as being ditzy from time to time, but he is definitely the best at what he does. He is able to analyze things well enough that he is usually called upon to do so. Beau realizes that he is attractive, but he gets annoyed when people assume that he isn’t as intelligent as he is because of this, so he takes the time to remind people whenever they make that mistake. He prefers relying on his brains, but he has had to fall back on his looks, occasionally.

Beau understands people logically, but he doesn’t understand them emotionally. He is able to get inside their heads and determine what is going on in their brain, but when it comes to feeling things, he flounders about. He comes off as being socially awkward and speaks in a rigid, harsh manner, but he means well. His lack of filter and tact sometimes gets him in trouble, but it allows him to ask the questions and say the things that need to be addressed. It’s not easy to lie to Beau, and it takes a lot of effort to do so. He has lost his temper on occasion, however, he usually remains calm.

History:
    Beau grew up in the city with his family. They lived a very busy life. His dad was a detective and his mother was a doctor. They were a pretty well-off family. Beau didn’t have much trouble living his life. Although, he was seen as being strange due to his interest in the supernatural. His mother would indulge this hobby of his by showing him different stories and urban legends. Beau also enjoyed reading about mythology, too. He and his mother made a habit of sharing their favorite stories from the Cedardale Underworld Inquirer once it was established.

During high school, Beau considered the idea of following in his father’s footsteps. So much so that he learned all he could about being a detective. He would ask his dad about his cases and try to solve them himself, but he didn’t actually go out into the field. That would be silly and dangerous. He was a natural Veronica Mars, or at least he thought he was.

Beau also liked writing, too. He enjoyed the creative expression that it allowed him to have. He would spend time operating blogs during college, each dedicated to his interests. However, he missed the sleuthing of detective work, so he wanted to focus on investigative journalism.

Beau graduated high school at seventeen and moved on to college. He studied in New York City. He did a few internships throughout college and loved the work that he did. Once he graduated, he decided to take a job offered to him by the Cedardale Underworld Inquirer. His friends thought it was a joke when he told them that he took it, but there weren’t very many opportunities at the time. He was aware that he could be making much more money elsewhere, but after a while he grew to like working with the Cedardale Underworld Inquirer.

Investigating:
    Beau is currently investigating the garden case. He is curious to see what flowers are planted there. It may explain the odd noises.

1. SEED, HEEL, HEAL, SEAL, DEAL
    2. Madame Vera is not actually psychic. The twins tricked her into thinking that they had phones that matched their shirts when this was not the case at all. It was easy to call them by names, because Chet introduced himself and explained how to tell who was who.
    3. This one stumped me. I’ll look at it again later on...

Mr. Owl: Accepted
    There is one flaw in your history, the paper’s only been out 6 years, so his mom sharing stories with him couldn’t have happened until he was 17, and moved to college.

Sorry for the confusion, but that was intentional. That's why I added the part "once it was established".

Alright, I suppose it fits just fine then.

Name: Jason Valentine

Age & Gender: Male, 23

Strongest Job Skills: Jason has strong charisma, and this helps him with interviewing. He also has fairly good deductive skills, though he lacks the patience for proper investigative procedure

Appearance: Jason stands at about 6' 3", with straight brown hair that he leaves a little longer than normal. His brow is broad, and his father used to describe it as "noble". However, Jason finds it kind of unseemly and covers it with his bangs. He runs regularly, and as such has a lean physique with a well-toned core and legs, though his arms are not as muscular as they could be. Jason has a narrow face with high cheekbones that gives him something of a severe look, though in the right light and context, could be construed as moderately attractive. He tends to wear dark jeans and a button down shirt, either cotton or flannel depending on the weather. In colder weather, he wears an old, slightly faded pea coat that he bought at a second-hand shop and thinks makes him look rather dashing. He usually wears brown loafers or, in rain or snow, black boots.

Personality: Jason is quite brash and is very firm in his convictions and idealism. He will act decisively and quickly, though often he doesn't fully think situations through. He has good intuition and instincts, but not much in the way of forethought. That said, he has a strong physical presence, and he doesn't really do things by halves. Often he is good at maintaining psychic distance from people, and this will make people unfamiliar to him think he is cold and aloof, but more often than not he is thinking of how best to phrase his thoughts. Unfortunately, though he has a prodigious vocabulary, Jason often prefers caustic bluntness, and his sense of humor is rather dry and sardonic. He has it in him to be quite charming, and once he has a few drinks (or when the mood takes him) he can be something of notorious flirt, with moderate degrees of success. He is quick to anger and take offense, but he is just as quick with his easy smile and laughter.

History: Jason had a rather ordinary life, growing up in suburban New England with his mother, father and two sisters, one older and one younger. When he was in high school and college, he wanted to be a writer (read, novelist), and double majored in English and Public Policy. However, he couldn't get any agents or publishing agencies to pick up his manuscripts. He put his writing career on the back burner for a time to find some kind of writing work that could pay a bit more reliably. Naturally, he couldn't really find anything that fit. He worked as an intern copy editor for a little while, and he found that to be dreadfully boring. When he graduated college, he and his girlfriend moved into an apartment in a city upstate. He worked as a bartender for a while until he could figure out where he was going in life. Unfortunately, the relationship went sour after a while and he decided to pack up and leave. He sold a lot of his stuff and used the profits to buy a motorcycle. With nothing but a few changes of clothes, a laptop and three thousand in the bank, he struck out south and eventually wound up in Cedardale when his bike's gas ran low. He liked the atmosphere and managed to net himself a cheap apartment on the outskirts of the town. He asked around, looking for a bar-tending job but found out about the Inquirer. He applied and was hired in short order.

Investigating: Jason is looking into the Stonehenge case, though he personally disagrees that it was a burial site

1. LEAD
    2. DENIAL
    3. DEAN
    4. NEED
    5. EEL

2. Chet and Henry are identical twins. They decided to use their birthday money to get a reading from Madame Vera, a psychic who specialized in reading palms and tea leaves. Chet introduces them to her, “I’m Chet, and this is my twin brother Henry, people have trouble telling us apart, so we always wear shirts that are our favorite colors, red and blue.” Madame Vera greets them warmly, and asks them to have a seat. She then explains that she doesn’t like interruptions, and asks them to hand over their cell phones, which she will set on a side table. Now it’s Henry’s turn to joke, “We had to get phone cases that match our shirts, so we could tell them apart.” Madame Vera reads their palms, telling Chet he has potential to be quite successful in life, and will marry young. She then tells Henry that he’ll probably always have trouble with his love life, but he’ll have excellent health his whole life though. She refers to them by name, but never once calls either of them by the wrong name. When they’re done, she thanks them and returns their phones. The twins walk out, and immediately trade phones.

Because the brothers handed over their phones, Madame Vera would have little trouble telling them apart. Chet introduced himself, so as long as she remembers the name of the brother in the red shirt, she should have no trouble using process of elimination to remember Henry's name. The brothers' phone cases work on a similar principle to their shirts, however due to their wry sense of humor or sense of style they have them as opposites. Everyone knows that red doesn't go with red, but red and blue are complimentary colors in an ensemble.

I got nothing on this one.
    Last edited by Firebrand; 28th February 2014 at 10:30 PM.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Name: Harry Bell

Age & Gender: 15, Male

Strongest Job Skills: Interview and Deduction skills, excelling at body language and observing scenary for any imperfections

Appearance: Halt has had a painful time growing up, and only measures, at most, a short 5’2” and weighs in around 100 pounds maximum. He keeps his head down a lot though, so he seems shorter. His hair is a shade between black and violent, appearing black unless looked at from the sides, as the dye he used wasn’t that strong. However, it's very patchy, from multiple hair pulling instances, years of them. The tips of his ears are slightly pink from the dye at times, but mostly are normal shades of pale. His nose and ears are button quality, and Halt is constantly reminded of this from women. His eyes are a soft cyan, though with his low head posture, it’s uncertain when one will be able to see his eyes.

For clothing, this is one of the few things that Harry tries to keep himself. His normal shirt is modeled after his favorite game, Monster Hunter with the trace design of the in game Rathien icon across the back. The black shirt is short sleeved. His pants are short and black, with a blue stripe down the outside, and they cover the tops of his knees. However, despite that he enjoys it so much; he prefers to wear his favorite sweatshirt over it. It was imported from Japan, and its black that reaches about two inches below Harry’s waist. In the center of the back, right between his shoulder blades, is a large white star. Over his hands are fingerless gloves that have a navy blue trim, with a white star in the center of the back of his hands.

Personality: Harry is a very sensitive and shy kid. Harry can feel empathy for anyone in a bad situation. Despite his dislike of physical contact, he’ll still hug someone after they break down, or just need someone nearby. He does, however, have a case of anxiety disorder, brought on from a car accident his friend was once in. He scratches himself something fierce, leaving his sweatshirt's sleeves stained from the blood. His hair is also subjected to abuse, through the forms of pulling and tearing.

Harry is also bashful, often blushing when someone tries to compliment him on anything, which always results in him pulling down the hood of his Black Rock Shooter sweatshirt over his eyes and face to hide the blush. He’s an avid fan of anything kawaii and cute, often squeeing at the sight of a MLP plush of a filly. He also adores the Nendoroid style, a style of figures that makes possibly tough characters into adorable chibis of Japanese figures, wanting to collect them.

He’s always been a massive fan of doing anything that comes to machines and working with his hands, often grabbing a screwdriver or a wrench at the first chance and excuse he has to take something apart and learn how it can tick. He also has an undying love for botany, flowers beng

History: Harry was born along the East Coast, up in Maine, to what appeared to be a normal family of a mother and a father. However, behind the closed doors of the large house they inhabited, Harry was the outlet for his mother’s frustrations at the world and workplace. Even as a little child, at age three, Harry was subjected to beatings. In order to keep moving every day, Harry began to talk to imaginary friends, and when he did, he found himself being the cause of the punishment, and that his friends told him that he shouldn’t fight it. Harry had no other choice, so he simply accepted every beat to his face from the bottle or fist of his mother. Halt’s father wasn’t affected as such, but merely bandaged Harry’s wounds and told Harry about the ‘right of life’. He did have one close friend, a boy named Nate, and the two were close, until Nate was invovled in a car accident. From that day on, Halt became obsessed and is worried sick whenever Nate was missing for a day.

At the age of eight, Harry began to be trained by a few of his school friends that knew about his issues, in martial arts. He took to it fairly well, but three years later, his mother found out. He was forced to stay at home for schooling, and every time he asked for something, he got a swift and painful beating. It was his life for years, something Harry can never forget. Nor can he forget the mangas he began to read on the internet. Black Rock Shooter: Innocent Soul was the first manga he ever read, and the main character, Black Rock Shooter, became his first crush. She was always so brave and noble, and she believed in the innocence of every desire. Halt loved her, and that detail about her, which he tried to bring into his own being. His mother, finally having enough with Harry, sent him with his father away. This was a good idea for poor Halt’s wellbeing, most of it. He couldn't see Nate anymore, and he never got a chance to say a simple three word phrase before he was forced to move.

He didn't start school right away, as his father had started to pick up drinking as a hobby. Without much money, and his father’s drunken habits, Harry started applying for jobs, and eventually found an opening as a librarian at a college, and goes to a high school for a half day nearby. It helped, thankfully, but his father’s job wasn’t too good either. For the most part, Harry lives paycheck to paycheck, keeping up the house, as broken as it is, and feeding his father and himself. He’s mostly waiting for when he turns 18 to move out of the house and take his hope with him for a new life away from their drunken father. In the meantime, Halt stays in shape by gardening and practicing bowstaff technics in the backyard, as well as indulge his mechanical engineering dream. He took the internship at the tabloid with the hope he can use it on a resume later down in life, and seeing his best friend works for it as well, he enjoys the chance heartily.

Investigating: The rambling of the mad man
    (You will not be punished for failing to completing any part of this, this just so I can adjust puzzle difficulty based on you and your partner’s skills.)

Head
    Lines
    Need
    Dine
    Dan

I can deduce that Henry was lying about the cell phone cases

Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

Firebrand (Jason Valentine): Accepted, but please read notes…
    * Please add another sentence to your personality.

Delta Hunter (Harry Bell - Intern): Accepted, but please read notes…
    * It looks like you didn’t quite finish the last sentence of his Personality. And there are spots in your history where it still says Halt (next time you should use word’s ‘find and replace’ function).
    * I’m assuming he dropped the Library job to take the internship, because otherwise he wouldn’t have time for school, meaning the internship wouldn’t be an option for him.

Both of you should hurry up and join the group.

Notice: Any new sign-ups will now have to take a different investigation, as we have now gone beyond the intended 2-3 players investigating Stonehenge/Guidestones.

Wow, this RPG sounds really interesting... and I definitely have a character for it (one who would probably complement Mr. Owl's character quite well in fact). Hooray for paranormal investigations! I'd like a reserve as well; my character would be working on the evil plant case (Little Shop of Horrors, anyone?).

That is, assuming I'd be teaming up with Mr. Owl if I were to take the plant case. Are the pairings dependent on the case each character is working on, or something else?
    Last edited by Kiruria; 28th February 2014 at 9:24 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Owl hasn't yet been active in the RPG, but you're free to join any case you like (other than Stonehenge/Guidestones since it's as full as it will get). This RPG sat without new responses for a while, so we gave up on the pre-pairing system and I'm kind of letting new players add themselves to what cases they want (assuming that case has less than 5 players). You can also make up your own case.

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    Firebrand (Jason Valentine): Accepted, but please read notes…
    * Please add another sentence to your personality.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Awesome, thanks!

At last my signup is here! I almost feel bad not putting another female character into this, but I really enjoy using this character in anything regarding the paranormal, and in all honesty, he has an almost feminine nature about him anyway.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Vincent "Merlin" Estrel
    Age/Gender: 26, Male
    Strongest job skills: General knowledge about the paranormal, as well as some people skills. He's also quite good at spying on people. However, his investigative skills are questionable; he's frequently baffled his supervisors with wacky philosophical conclusions.

Appearance: People who first see Merlin will often notice his height (or lack thereof), his odd style of dress, or his almost feminine appearance. Standing just barely above five feet tall, he ends up at least a head shorter than most of his peers, and certainly all his male peers. Figure-wise, Merlin is more the slender type, not particularly well-built, his skin taking on a light tan hue. His eyes are a dull marble green in colour, so they don't stand out by themselves. What makes them stand out is the bright green eyeshadow he puts on. And then there's his hair. It's straight and black and in a low ponytail that reaches to the middle of his back, but there are a few shorter wisps on the sides of his face. If he wears his hair down when out in public, that's not a good sign--it means he's grieving over something, or in rarer cases, depressed. Yet despite this rather odd appearance, he still comes across as calm and amiable--or at least he tries to.

Outfit-wise, Merlin likes to be different and stylish. The coat he usually wears is a fine example of this. It's purple as a plum on the outside and with pink satin on the inside, and green trim on the pockets and sleeves. The coat reaches down to his knees, and in the back it tapers off as if into tails. It fits him snugly, and is fastened by way of a little silver chain. The rest of his current outfit is comparably simpler: a light green shirt underneath the coat, and a pair of deep teal trousers. Attached to one of the belt loops is a little zippered bag in which he keeps some of his smaller and more fragile belongings--this bag is normally hidden under his coat. On his feet are gray leather shoes that come almost to a tip at the toe. He wears two rings on the fingers of his right hand: one with an amethyst stone and one with a ruby one, both with runes on them.

Personality: Merlin picked his nickname for a good reason--he is in fact a wizard in his own right. This erudite individual enjoys old legends and lore, and loves to read in general. In his residence one will find several ancient documents and scrolls, dusty spellbooks, dictionaries of forgotten languages, books on paranormal topics, fantasy novels, and a plethora of kinds of mythology. Naturally, he comes across as a very odd individual indeed. Besides his inadequate height and peculiar style of dress, there's also the somewhat mystical tone and unidentifiable accent in which he speaks, and his love of being witty and philosophical. His strong belief in magic becomes obvious within a few minutes of conversation with him. Indeed, he is very spiritual in nature, and that in turn makes him very open-minded about things. Foremost among his beliefs are appreciating the harmony among all living things, respecting all walks of life, vowing to harm none, and realising that everything is connected.

However, he doesn't pursue knowledge as much as he pursues wisdom. Knowledge may provide facts about the world, but wisdom explains how and why things work, and therefore knowledge is useless without it. So rather than pay attention to facts and details, Merlin tries to grasp the general idea and feeling of something, the very basic fundamentals. Likewise, he hates competition and hierarchy, preferring to treat everyone as equals. Arguments act as deterrents for him, and he prefers the kinds of games where everybody wins or the stakes are low. However, because of this, many people consider him a bit of an airhead, not able to grasp reality as much as they'd like.

Beneath all his quirks, Merlin has a calm and friendly nature. Being an extrovert, he isn't shy about starting a conversation with someone. In such a conversation, he acts in a polite and somewhat formal manner no matter who he's talking to, although his manner of speaking may be a bit strange. Another thing he likes to do is offer advice and guidance to people. If someone is in distress, he will do his very best to comfort them. Perhaps his greatest skill with people is his sensitivity to their emotions and troubles. But with such a highly benevolent and optimistic attitude, he tends to overlook or underestimate dangers that might be present. Often times he'll think he's addressing a problem directly, when in reality he's inventing a creative way around it that doesn't necessarily solve it. And when he does get hurt, he really gets hurt, and often has a hard time dealing with it.

Now for the fun facts! Although Merlin has been accused of being homosexual, he isn't. Quite the contrary, he pays more attention to young ladies than anyone else, due to a rather high sex drive. In turn, he acts more polite and caring than usual around them, and draws less attention to himself. Despite social pressures, he readily expresses his emotions, especially during a conversation. And the things he's most afraid of are pain and violence--and while we're at it, perhaps being "burned at the stake" for his take on society.

History: The Estrels were supernatural conspiracy theorists on some occasions, fortune-tellers on other occasions, and historians of haunted places on yet other occasions. Due to this, they moved from place to place and country to country quite often. They stayed in Europe and the Americas for the most part, causing Vincent to be born in Italy, but consequently moving to Wales, then Romania, then all the way across the pond to New Orleans over the course of his childhood. In those early years, Vincent was a chubby little boy who was quiet and timid around people. He was peaceful and complacent, never thinking to start fights with anyone. Occasionally he would tag along in his parents' meetings or learn about various divination methods from them, but had no obvious ambition to follow in their footsteps.

Then after a while the family decided to settle down a little bit, residing in a town just a few miles away from Cedardale. Here his mother retired, while his father took the more mundane job of a history teacher at a local community college. They had all but retired from paranormal stuff, growing rather tired of it and society's overall dismissal of it. But on the plus side, Vincent was no longer alone. The neighbours had three sons, which he ended up spending quite a bit of time with. He was surprised how much they accepted him, for being from such a faraway place and having such peculiar interests. But they had a secret: they were a slightly mischievous bunch, enjoying sneaking around town and stealing stuff. At first Vincent thought negatively of this idea, but after realising that they took a more professional attitude towards it and strove to avoid acts of violence, he felt as an accepted member of the group. Their most memorable feats were an adventure through a house believed to be haunted, and a successful raiding of an electronics store after closing hours. Growing quite close to each other, they gave themselves a "gang name": the Black Cat Bandits.

Additionally, the Black Cat Bandits gave themselves individual nicknames at this time. So the eldest member was Halberd, a prospective mechanic who liked to collect swords. The youngest was Warren, the cute hippie who lived in a cartoon world. The "leader" of the group was Lupin, an experienced thief with a dark past. Vincent decided to give himself the nickname Merlin, as it fit his wizardly persona. Merlin never became truly comfortable with the Black Cat Bandits' thieving practices, preferring to scout and spy on places.

After graduating from high school, Merlin rented a house with Lupin while going to college; the latter used his thieving profits to help with the rent. The spacious living room of that house was a space called the Mystic Sanctuary. When it wasn't used for ritual purposes, it was an open, welcoming place where people could come for healing and consolation. Sometimes Merlin would read people's fortunes, and sometimes he would try his hand at healing with crystals or aura-based methods. He even hosted holiday parties (mainly for Easter, Christmas Yule, and Halloween) which became modestly popular with the children in the neighbourhood. Meanwhile, his parents made their final move to Italy, where they were originally from, only this time leaving Merlin behind.

During this time, Merlin had managed to find a girlfriend: a musician and nursery worker named Ashleigh. He loved Ashleigh dearly, but there was a problem: she came from a devoutly religious family who would not approve of their relationship, even going so far as to say Merlin was using witchcraft to seduce her. Initially Ashleigh ignored them and stayed with Merlin, but after learning he was friends with a thief (Lupin, who he lived with and was sometimes an accomplice to), and being hesitant herself about living with Merlin's interest in the paranormal, she decided she couldn't be with him anymore. This not only left him depressed, but also led him to question whether his interests would be of any use in this world.

After Merlin graduated from college with a degree in psychology, he found it hard to get a job related to that field, especially since most of his professors thought he was too eccentric to be effective as a teacher or counselor and thus refused to refer him anywhere. However, luck came his way soon enough: he found a job with the Cedardale Underworld Inquirer, a small news company focused on stories revolving around the paranormal. Needless to say, Merlin was excited about taking this job, so he parted ways with Lupin and moved to a humble apartment in downtown Cedardale.

However, the job wasn't quite as interesting as he expected it to be. Even the chief editor seemed to think more of the stories the paper was coming out with as mere hoaxes. In fact, the main complaint he ever got from any of his supervisors was that he was being too keen on the possible reality of some of the stories. He did write a few articles he thought were pretty good, mostly informational articles on the influence on the position of the sun and moon on a prominent historical landmark, the magical properties of a common herb, supernatural characteristics of common animals, stuff like that. At one point he was contributing a monthly article where he would do a tarot reading for the month ahead and interpret its meaning. This idea eventually got shot down, though; his supervisor mentioned to him that people weren't too interested in astrology beyond a simple horoscope.

Right now, Merlin is on uneasy terms with his boss, due to his questionable investigation skills and his apparent lack of seriousness and lofty dismissal of apparent problems. However, with some local supernatural issues that may be more real than most people think coming up recently, Merlin hopes that will change...

Investigating: The case of the old lady with the evil plant she bought at the Little Shop of Horrors. I'm thinking I might add an arc to this that involves her granddaughter reporting a strange sort of illness that every doctor she's visited has been baffled by... would that be okay?

Puzzle Difficulty Testing: (I always love it when you give us these in a signup)
        Spoiler:- Quiz Answers:
    Last edited by Kiruria; 10th March 2014 at 1:11 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Kiruria (Merlin): Accepted
    * You can do whatever you want for your case as long as you don’t make it too insane - btw, I never said the evil was a plant. You’ve got lots of options.
    * Last sentence of history implies he knows stuff he shouldn’t, be careful there. The physic/magic type powers are fine, as long as you don’t overplay it.
    * Also, you should feel brilliant!

If not too late, can I reserve a spot? Would love to try out as an intern, if possible
    Last edited by Schade; 9th March 2014 at 10:05 AM.

A reservation for me as well, please. Also, is it necessary for the character to have at least one of the six skills in the skill sets / choices you have put up?

Also, I'll just put my Puzzle Test Answers here in advance and add my sign-up later. Think of it as my...sign-up contract.
        Spoiler:- Answers:
    Last edited by Tundra_Wolfmane; 9th March 2014 at 4:29 PM.
    There are stories made from the imagination. There are stories born from experience.
    There are stories told because of a need to be filled. There are stories that simply need to be told.
    This is one of them.

“Maybe there really is a method to his madness…or maybe he’s just plain insane."
    Chapter 3: Act III is out and posted!

Alright, you're both reserved. No, Tundra, you don't have too, but it would be a really good idea to have at least one of them, since they are job related.

@VampirateMace: At first I had no idea what you were talking about regarding the magic powers. Then I looked over Merlin's History and realized I had forgotten to delete a paragraph-and-a-half that was not supposed to be in there (it was temporarily copied from a previous signup, where Merlin actually did have magical abilities). I edited those out, so hopefully this makes more sense now (plus, the deleted paragraph said his parents moved to Ireland, but a couple paragraphs later it says they moved to Italy--talk about discrepancy). But thanks for accepting me anyway! ^_^

And Merlin won't be having any real magic powers in this RPG, though he might claim to at times.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 10th March 2014 at 1:28 AM.

I did wonder why you had his parents moving away twice, but one disjointed thing out of the whole sign-up didn't seem like too big a deal.

Name:
    Jace “J” Gilleys

Age & Gender:
    30, Male

Strongest Job Skills:
    He’s pretty good at deduction, although he shines at investigation, though in a physical sense rather than intellectual or objective. He’s not above using a lock pick or breaking into a house to get to that one note in a person’s locked desk that might lead to a decisive conclusion, and he’s pretty good at trailing people without them noticing. He’s also pretty good at reading people, picking up their mannerisms pretty quickly, despite not being able to communicate well (in short, his people skills suck).

Appearance:
    At a flat six inches tall, J is a pretty tall man. Combine that with light brown skin and a medium-built body with a good portion of fat for health, J would probably have a body fit to be a model’s. His muscles are lean and slightly toned, mostly from activities such as running, swimming and climbing rather than weight lifting in the gym. His legs are probably his best asset, with a good portion of muscle and fat that give him both power and stamina. He also has numerous scars littered all over. Most of them are pretty small, although he has some notable ones. His calloused palms are practically covered in them, trying to hone certain skills as a young child. He also a long diagonal one across his left forearm, and long slash-like marks practically cover his left calf and foot.

His head is pretty angular, with a somewhat pointed chin and cheek bones. His black hair is really short, cut really close to his scalp that the shape of his head is pretty obvious. His eyes, which usually tend to narrow around people, are dark brown and full of cynicism. His ears are slightly pointed, and the right has a single piercing on the lobe with a simple silver stud. He has a thinly bridged nose at the center of his face – perhaps the only part of his body that has miraculously escaped any form of injury in his life. His thin lips, usually turned into a frown or a smirk, hide a set of slightly crooked teeth, although only an expert eye would be able to notice.

J doesn’t particularly have any kind of style or preference when it comes to clothes, although he does seem to favor anything that’s dark colored and long-sleeved. His most common attire is a solid black, long-sleeved shirt that neither fits too tightly nor too loosely and looks way too warm for the average Joe. He also wears gray camouflage pants with multiple pockets for various kinds of tools and gadgets to put in, including a pair of gray gloves and some plastic bags. Not much else to say other than a set of worn out black sneakers meant for all kinds of terrain. On particularly hot days, however, he brings around a pair of simple sunglasses and a black, flat-top field cap.

Personality:
    Jace is pretty cynical and sarcastic, and it shows almost immediately during first meetings. He’s not afraid to speak his mind, nor is he afraid of being rude or tactless. He does try to rein it in during some job outings and in front of superiors, although the key word there is ‘try’. This means that there aren’t a lot of people that consider him anything beyond a colleague or acquaintance. The ones that do, however, know that he has a peculiar and strange way of showing he cares by doing things that may seem mean, but actually show that he’s trying to protect them in some way. He does do some random, and perhaps unusual, acts of kindness, but more often than not, they are left unsaid and unnoticed.

Left to his own devices, he’d most likely be walking around the town and observing people and the way they interact with each other and the environment, trying to figure out what they’re thinking and what they might be off to doing. He’d also try his hand at figuring out a person by their looks and appearances, although he might have been influenced by movies such as Sherlock. He supposes that means he’s interested in the nature of people, although he wouldn’t particularly admit it, and even then, word it that way.

His major fault, however, is an easily incensed inferiority complex. Any kind of indication or pass that he’s in any way or form weak or useless may prompt him to throw an uncontrolled punch, which has actually got him in trouble many more times than he can count. This even counts for when he’s aware of his shortcomings, unwilling to actually believe that he can’t do it. However, as one of the few positives out of it, it gives him a drive to better himself at all costs.

Meanwhile, his approach in most investigations and fieldwork is usually to scope out real info and facts rather than find out things second hand. He’s particularly sensitive to the fact that people can lie and omit facts, as well as the fact that some people can even fool themselves into thinking that their lie is actually truth, not to mention that the human mind and perspective is easily fooled or take into disillusion. That’s probably one of the reasons why he’s not particularly fond of interacting with others.

History:
    Jace doesn’t have much of his life to be happy about. Being raised in a crappy neighborhood by a poor family composed of a dead-beat dad and a mom that thought otherwise – who basically kept saying that life would turn around and that her husband was doing everything he could – meant that young J often had to fend for himself. This came in the form of learning how to pickpocket and steal at a young age. He also picked up on a few other skills from them as well.

Of course, he had a lot of mentors, most of them older teenagers or residents near his block that knew how to survive in the streets. He had easily learned how to prey on sympathetic and kind people who thought that a young and innocent kid like him couldn’t possibly have a bad bone in his body. Not that they were wrong, of course. To the young J, it was either that or wait for scraps of food that his dad would bring home doing who knows what. He held no malicious intent nor did any true malevolent deeds, just the strong will to survive.

And he didn’t feel like he would be able to survive living with his family. They were long overdue to get kicked out of the apartment that his parents brought him in anyway. So at the age or thirteen, having mastered quite a few tricks of the trade, he ran away and lived off the streets.

It only took him a month to realize how bad of a move that was. People did not take as kindly to dirty and hungry teenagers compared to a young and needy child. And when he came back to find his parents, he already found that they left the apartment without a single note telling him where they went.

Unwillingly, and telling himself that he didn’t really need his parents or their help, he started to live off the streets. At the very least, he still had a few friends that he could count on, although more often than not, he realized that they worked on a ‘dog eat dog’ creed. It was every man for himself.

By the time he turned fifteen, he had already forgotten what kindness felt. That’s why, after having his left leg caught in a man’s barbed-wire fence on a failed robbery attempt, he was so shocked to have been offered food and a warm bed.

It was with cynical and guarded suspicion that he took the man’s offer. He fully expected the man to call the cops the moment they got inside, but it made him wonder he hadn’t called while he was trapped by the metal barbs. The man treated his leg with practiced care, and it had been the first in a long time since J felt the kind and warm touch of another person.

As he was treated, he learned that the man lived alone and that he made a living off being a mechanic. He learned that the man used to live with his son, who died of an illness so long ago, and that J would have been about the same age if he were still alive.

J didn’t know what to make it of it, really, but he mostly kept quiet and silently accepted the man’s offer of food and lodging. Although he would leave on the morning without a word, J would eventually come back, and then he would stay for a few days, keeping the man company in exchange for a warm meal and shelter. Eventually, J stopped leaving and started learning the ways of a mechanic to add to his unique skillset.

By the time he was a full-grown adult, he had learned many kinds of tricks and knacks, doing so many odd jobs to help support himself and what he then called his old man. He had even gone as far to change his last name.

But he knew that doing odd jobs wouldn’t keep their livelihoods afloat. Already, his old man was beginning to show signs of old age and would no longer be able to keep his full-time job as a mechanic. There were very few of companies that would even think of hiring a man like J, whom had no formal education or training whatsoever.

So it was to his surprise that he was hired by the company called the Cedardale Underworld Inquirer. Whether it was by stroke of luck, or if he really did a really good job selling himself and his set of skills, he didn’t question it. He needed the money, after all.

Investigating:
    He’s off investigating the old lady with the weird garden. No particular reason; just that it needed the least amount of fieldwork.

Spoiler:- Doo doo doo~:
    There are stories made from the imagination. There are stories born from experience.
    There are stories told because of a need to be filled. There are stories that simply need to be told.
    This is one of them.

“Maybe there really is a method to his madness…or maybe he’s just plain insane."
    Chapter 3: Act III is out and posted!

Name: Genevieve " Jen" Deveraux

Strongest Job Skills: She has a strong charisma, and her stern personality Works well for interwievs and interrogations. she have no Clue how to operate Technology other than the camera on her phone.

Appearance: at first glance, Genevieve is pretty much a simple Young woman With a lanky figure. She's a bit taller than average, and always walk With a straight back. Her hair is long, curly and Orange in color, laying as a frame around her face, falling Down to her waist. Her skin is pale, and she have difficulties in obtaining a proper tan due to her only obtaining sunburns after spending short amounts of time in the sun. Her eyes are deep green, and often locked in a serious look, matching her rarely smiling mouth. She wears a pair os big round frameless glasses, and often stare death-Arrows at whoever is making fun of them.

for clothing, Genevieve mostly dress formally when working. Her outfit consists of a long-sleeved white shirt, unbuttoned Down to her chest, revealing the black leather corset she is wearing under it to push up her cleavage to appear bigger than it really is. She also wear a short, tight dark skirt, and wear dark Brown stockings, and a pair of high heeled shoes in the favour of her long legs. when not working, she prefer to be as comfortable as possible, tucking her long hair into a big bun, wearing wide pyjamas pants and a huge light mint-colored hoodie.

Personality: Despite her stern apparence, Genevieve is really a kind Young woman that enjoys the Company of others, thus, she has many firends. She's mainly focused on work, but doesn't let it get in the way of her social life. She's a bit laid back in her work, doing thnigs at her own pace rather than being pushed foreward by others. Genevieve is fairly occupied with her looks, and can be pretty shallow at times in need. She's a social butterfly With really good social skills, and she often use her gifted feminine looks in order to seduce People into giving her answers if they are being difficult to manage. She's not a very Bright woman, and often rely on her social skills and looks. She's not very good at Puzzles or finding Clues, and would rely on others in order to do that for her. She's somewhat of a flirt, and have more than once used her charisma for personal gains when it comes to personal relations.

History: Genevieve comes from a fairly mediocre Family. Her parents were not Rich, but they weren't poor either. Her mother was a nurse at the local hospital, and her father owned a coffee-shop downtown, where she spent a lot of her spare time Reading or hanging out With friends. (She got a discount on coffee) she lived the happy middle-class life With her parents until the age of 18 when she moved out to study journalism, which was one of her favourite subjects all through high School. she was always a talkative gossip of a child, and though she got bullied for her glasses in high School, she didn't let the bullying get her Down. she was what the popular Girls would Call a nerd, and she would be popular too, if she didn't need glasses, or had red hair, or wore simple clothing. Basically anything about her screamed victim. She did not let it get to her head though, as she knew how important a proper education was for her. She studied day and night, growing her interest for journalism a little bit more every day until she Applied for college. though her dream of journalism wasn't ideal among her parents, they did support her in her dream, and did their part in order for her to achieve her dream.

After she finished college, she joined as an intern at a local newspaper, and quickly developed her skills as an aspiring journalist. Live was moving around smoothly for her, but she eventually grew tired, and wanted to take a break, though she knew that she couldn't do that in her lifestage. She then decided to move to Cedardale, and apllied around town for jobs at newspapers until she got the one she set sight for ni the first Place: The local tabloid; "
    The Cedardale Underworld Inquirer ". Right now, her big dream of being a major international journalist is on hold until she have earned enough Money to make a proper living somewhere fancy, in order to get a job at a more pristegious Company.

Investigating: She is currently on the case of the evil garden, though she suspects it to be somethnig like a stray cat or something

- Lies, Heal, Sin, Senile, Dine

2. Madame Vera is a trusting woman With a good memory for names.

3. I'm clueless..
    Last edited by Schade; 11th March 2014 at 1:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast