Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalos Region Mysteries

Default Kalos Region Mysteries

So, Gen 6 has left us with a lot of mysteries. From Pokémon #719-721, to locked doors, to creepy ghost girls that move without walking, the Kalos region, in my opinion, still has a lot to be discovered.

A disappointing number of new pokemon, and a lackluster post game is why I think that something big going to happen soon in the pokemon world.

Some weird things I have found in the games:

1. Parfum Palace's garden has the Reshiram and Zekrom statues, and the gardens look like certain things...

2. The Spooky House. What was the point of this place? It didn't have any relevance, but it was there.

3. The Power Plant is still locked. There are 4 buildings, only 1 of which was accessed during the game. Could these house the three new legendary pokemon. Volcanion certainly looks like a steam generator, only helped by the Water-Fire dual typing.

4. The train stations that lead to nowhere. Will these be used? Also, there is a mysterious message on the back of one of the turntables

5. The Strange Souvenir and the new region the hiker promises. It looks like an Easter Island head...new region is based off South America?

6. The creepy girls in Lumiose, the building next to the Galette Stand on 2F and 4F in Hotel Richissime

7. There was a scientist in one of the cities that said humans could turn into pokemon. Is Lysandre still around somewhere?

Feel free to discuss anything else mysterious you found in these games!
    Last edited by Dragonair7; 9th June 2014 at 11:29 PM.

There's also that statue that the hiker gives you when you talk to him enough.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

The Strange Souvenir is indeed strange. Another one I forgot to mention is the Pokémon in Jaune Plaza - "The Lava Dome Pokémon"

it could be all those thing you said or nintendo just put it there and make us thinking and waiting for nothing or it gonna be unlock in the next kalos game ' let said pokemon z ;
    "I'm not crazy, my mother have me tested"Bazingaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    The Strange Souvenir is indeed strange. Another one I forgot to mention is the Pokémon in Jaune Plaza - "The Lava Dome Pokémon"
    Heatran is the Lava Dome Pokémon, it's most likely just a random reference.

I don't understand why it is just thrown in there. There is no indication that Heatran is going to be making a return in these games, unless it is getting a Mega Evolution and its stone is found there. I believe that this has something to do with the trio of pokemon that haven't been confirmed by Nintendo - #719-721

I don't understand why it is just thrown in there. There is no indication that Heatran is going to be making a return in these games, unless it is getting a Mega Evolution and its stone is found there. I believe that this has something to do with the trio of pokemon that haven't been confirmed by Nintendo - #719-721
    It's just a radnom reference, not every Pokémon that is referenced is going to appear at that location.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    It's just a radnom reference, not every Pokémon that is referenced is going to appear at that location.
    It could also not be referencing Heatran. For example, both Groudon and Torterra are the "Continent" pokemon, so they could possibly make another "Lava Dome" pokemon. But I don't think it's going to be one of the three legends, maybe a teaser for new pokemon later on
    3DS (Pokemon Y) Friend Code: 2122-6645-2601
    Friend Safari: Rock type, Pokemon found: Pupitar, Barbaracle and Dwebble
    If you add me, make sure you PM me your own code so I can add you back!

Spoiler:- IV bred pokemon:

(I apologize if there is already a better thread for this topic up)
    5. The Strange Souvenir and the new region the hiker promises. It looks like an Easter Island head...new region is based off South America?
    Easter Island is Polynesian which would mean the "new region" would be based off of Oceania not South America.

A disappointing number of new pokemon, and a lackluster post game is why I think that something big going to happen soon in the pokemon world.
    Or, those are the respectively the results of game design economics and the fact that XY are the first Gen VI installments.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Heatran is the Lava Dome Pokémon, it's most likely just a random reference.
    Plus, NPCs reference various Pokémon all the time without any real significance behind their statements.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Easter Island is Polynesian which would mean the "new region" would be based off of Oceania not South America.
    Easter Island is a territory of Chile and is only accessible from Santiago, so, if the next region is involving the moai, it would be through South America, not Oceania.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    There's also that statue that the hiker gives you when you talk to him enough.
    that's the Strange Souvenir, which is already mentioned.

1. Parfum Palace's garden has the Reshiram and Zekrom statues, and the gardens look like certain things...
    The patterns seems to be nothing significant at all, they're Solrock, Chandelure, and male Pyroar. Only Chandelure is related to Unova.

3. The Power Plant is still locked. There are 4 buildings, only 1 of which was accessed during the game.
    Could these house the three new legendary pokemon. Volcanion certainly looks like a steam generator, only helped by the Water-Fire dual typing.
    There are a total of 5 buildings, 4 of them are locked. The fourth one is located on the left area, right after the one we can access.
    It seems to generate energy from photosynthesis, due to the power plant looking like a greenhouse.

Also, I don't think Hoopa and Diancie will fit the Power Plant, only Volcanion really fit the place

Hoopa is more suitable for the strangely pointless Chamber of Emptiness (which you haven't mention, by the way).
    Chamber of Emptiness' only purpose is to house two Ghost-related items that could have been placed elsewhere.
    It is possible that the fact GF decided to create a separate cave just for the two Ghost-related items is a clue, since Hoopa is part Ghost.

Diancie.....I have no idea where she will be. Probably she will ends up being obtainable through event only, similar to Meloetta

4. The train stations that lead to nowhere. Will these be used? Also, there is a mysterious message on the back of one of the turntables
    It should be noted that the version-exclusive messages are on Lumiose's train station, while the one that we cannot use and seemingly leads to nowhere is in Couriway Town.

7. There was a scientist in one of the cities that said humans could turn into pokemon. Is Lysandre still around somewhere?
    I don't think it's even a scientist, it's just a normal NPC telling a folklore, iirc of a Froakie who turned into human, likely referencing the popular Frog Prince story.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Easter Island is a territory of Chile and is only accessible from Santiago, so, if the next region is involving the moai, it would be through South America, not Oceania.
    "Special Territory" or not, it's still part of Oceania as a region.

It (Easter Island) also doesn't work well as a representation of South America since Central & South cultures deserve a lot more to that than half a Generation!
    Last edited by Hexin' Wishes; 3rd February 2014 at 5:17 AM.

I'm still interested in Zygarde's specific interaction with the box legends and its role in Kalosian myths, as well as the significance of the Anistar Sundial and the influence it had on the advent of Mega Evolution (and how the box mascot's powers affected the transformed stones).

I'd also like to know more about the knight figure with the Golurk depicted in the statue in Parfum Palace's courtyard and in the painting in the Lumiose Museum.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I'm still interested in Zygarde's specific interaction with the box legends and its role in Kalosian myths, as well as the significance of the Anistar Sundial and the influence it had on the advent of Mega Evolution (and how the box mascot's powers affected the transformed stones).

I'd also like to know more about the knight figure with the Golurk depicted in the statue in Parfum Palace's courtyard and in the painting in the Lumiose Museum.
    I am hoping for more elaboration with the Anistar sundial. Also, Zygarde, imo, seems like its the pokemon that would fight humans for other pokemon, like the musketeer group.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

There are a total of 5 buildings, 4 of them are locked. The fourth one is located on the left area, right after the one we can access.
    It seems to generate energy from photosynthesis, due to the power plant looking like a greenhouse.

Also, I don't think Hoopa and Diancie will fit the Power Plant, only Volcanion really fit the place

Hoopa is more suitable for the strangely pointless Chamber of Emptiness (which you haven't mention, by the way).
    Chamber of Emptiness' only purpose is to house two Ghost-related items that could have been placed elsewhere.
    It is possible that the fact GF decided to create a separate cave just for the two Ghost-related items is a clue, since Hoopa is part Ghost.

Diancie.....I have no idea where she will be. Probably she will ends up being obtainable through event only, similar to Meloetta
    I didn't think about Hoopa and the Chamber of Emptiness. I think all of these pokemon will be event only though. Sorry for the miscount though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    "Special Territory" or not, it's still part of Oceania as a region.

It (Easter Island) also doesn't work well as a representation of South America since Central & South cultures deserve a lot more to that than half a Generation!
    While i still think that it would be a part of South America, although a separate area where you would Fly/boat to, I agree that South America deserves more than "half a generation". I was thinking that this was something more along the lines of gen. 7, like a relocater type of thing, where if you send over the item, it could activate an event. Also, maybe Mew would make a return
    Last edited by Dragonair7; 3rd February 2014 at 10:16 PM.

I agree. I was thinking that this was something more along the lines of gen. 7, like a relocater type of thing, where if you send over the item, it could activate an event.
    Ahh! I understand now. Most people seem to believe that the Strange Souvenir is a hint at a new region for this generation though. Who knows? Maybe this new region is a special territory of Kalos?

That would be fun. But GF is set against DLC, so I wonder how that would be incorporated? If there is an event, I wonder if it will be a ticket or pass, or something that will get you into a previously restricted area, like Liberty Pass

That would be fun. But GF is set against DLC, so I wonder how that would be incorporated? If there is an event, I wonder if it will be a ticket or pass, or something that will get you into a previously restricted area, like Liberty Pass
    They're against paid DLC (ie you'd buy a $35 game, then pay more money for withheld content - we get on-disc DLC every Gen in the form of events, but they're free so ehhh).

I would think that a hypothetical new region would be involved with a new game in this Gen, though; I doubt GameFreak would make something as large as a region into an add-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    There's a certain area within B2F of Glittering Cave that is really sparkly. I'm betting Diancie shows up there when the event is triggered.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

OOh, not as DLC but for a "sequel" (a straight third version would take place in Kalos). Most people theorize that, for the first time, the next game would be a different region. Some don't realize that new Pokémon means it's a new Generation but others do believe its simply a new region (without new Pokémon, just new formes possibly) because of the strange souvenir and how the guide mentions berries from "another region".

I just think the guide hints at a RSE remake to be honest and that the strange souvenir might just be saying the next Gen is coming sooner than the usual (which would make Gen VI not only the Gen with the fewest new Pokémon but also the shortest time).

I'm wondering about the cave in route 13,there's this npc who said something about a sparkly pokemon in this cave,althought there's no cave
    Some people be like omglookatmehashtaginstagramselfie

Quote Originally Posted by shinyclauncher1234 View Post
    I'm wondering about the cave in route 13,there's this npc who said something about a sparkly pokemon in this cave,althought there's no cave
    I didn't recall there's such NPC in Route 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    There's a certain area within B2F of Glittering Cave that is really sparkly. I'm betting Diancie shows up there when the event is triggered.
    Ah yeah, I completely forgot about that area. It's strange how Alakazite is placed on the sparkly area that draws attention, when other Mega Stones are placed on incredibly random areas (on the stairs in a city, in front of a tower somewhere in Victory Road, behind a Pokemon NPC, on the back side of a Gym puzzle.......)

It feels like it's a diversion, to make us think it's for Alakazite when in reality it's for something else.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I'm most interested in the Power Plant, which we pretty much know is going to have Volcanion, and the Couriway train to nowhere.
    I am confident that the 4 extra doors at the Power Plant just consist of a massive maze to Volcanion. Either there are four entrances, with only one that leads to Volcanion (like the Whirl Islands), or you have to go through one door with a key from an event, complete a maze in there to get the 2nd key, go through the next door, etc.

There is a possibility that the train in Couriway is just an oversight by GF, though it most likely is associated with an event. It could be an obvious way to reach either Hoopa or Diancie, but it could serve as a link to Hoenn, which would be AWESOME. Think about it, the last time we had a region situated on the western half of a continent, it connected to the east to another region (Johto --> Kanto). The example I just gave probably wasn't the only time that GF dabbled in a multi-region game; there is solid evidence that they were going to do that in Gen 3 as well. There are multiple music tracks from Gen 2 located in the data for Gen 3, including Route 38, the Legendary Beast theme, Saffron City, the Team Rocket theme, and the Communication Center theme. All of these tracks had been updated for Gen 3; they are not the originals. You can search them up on YouTube if you don't believe me. With all the allusions to Hoenn, it wouldn't surprise me if that's where the train goes. It could be the ticket event to end all ticket events. It would also be significantly more surprising than a game announcement that we could see coming. Thoughts?
    Friend Safari: Ground: Trapinch, Marowak & Diggersby

Y Friend Code: 0834 2236 1763
    Black Friend Code: 2065 8209 0070 Depressingly no longer relevant

Credit goes to Astral Shadow for the awesome banner!

^It'd have to be a pretty big patch IMO.

And why would Nintendo allow it? They'd make no money off it to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by MrThEsTaN View Post
    I'm most interested in the Power Plant, which we pretty much know is going to have Volcanion, and the Couriway train to nowhere.
    I am confident that the 4 extra doors at the Power Plant just consist of a massive maze to Volcanion. Either there are four entrances, with only one that leads to Volcanion (like the Whirl Islands), or you have to go through one door with a key from an event, complete a maze in there to get the 2nd key, go through the next door, etc.
    I didn't think about it like that. I agree with you that only Volcanion looks like it has anything to do with power, as a said earlier, it looks like a steam generator. But I like your multiple paths/doors ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by MrThEsTaN View Post
    There is a possibility that the train in Couriway is just an oversight by GF, though it most likely is associated with an event. It could be an obvious way to reach either Hoopa or Diancie, but it could serve as a link to Hoenn, which would be AWESOME. With all the allusions to Hoenn, it wouldn't surprise me if that's where the train goes. It could be the ticket event to end all ticket events. It would also be significantly more surprising than a game announcement that we could see coming. Thoughts?
    I doubt that GF would release that huge a patch. That is a lot, and would not make them any money unless the patch was paid for, and seeing how things are going with pokemon bank.....

So, about the Hex Maniac on 2F of the building next to the Galette Stand, what do we think about her? I have heard tons, like she is waiting for the right trainer id to activate the event. Personally, I think that is bogus, because that is not the usual style, and also means it would be exclusive. I have also heard that she is the same person from the bridge in gen 5, but I find that implausible as well. Rather, I think she is a ghost, and might be related to Hoopa in some, because if she a ghost/projection, who better to project it than a
    Ghost/Psychic type pokemon?

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast