Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 558

Thread: Kalos Region Mysteries

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    555

    Default

    I can see cave of emptiness for Hoopa, The power plants HAVE to play some role, GF wouldn't add them if they weren't at least somewhat necessary. I always found it weird that Diancie looks like a Carbink, but that its crystals ALSO seem to match the Anistar Sundial...so maybe you do an event where you can perform a special evolution with Carbink and the Sundial? Perhaps the power plants also hold "locked up" mega stones that are only unlockable through some sort of event key. That could explain Mega Latios/Latias. The Ghost Girl in Lumiose may also have something to do with Hoopa.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    366

    Default

    I sincerely, with all my heart, doubt that Carbink has anything to do with Diancie. Like, anything. They look the same and have the same typing, but other than that, why would they be related? But, Diancie could have some other connection with the Sundial, since, now that you mention it, the crystals do look similar, but this could be coincidence.

    I am also skeptical on the Mega Latios/Latias thing. Why are they the same color? They basically look the same. I couldn't find any differences when I was looking at their pictures. It almost looks like they were fused together, but that's weird... Also, you don't encounter a wild pokemon in Mega form. Mega Evolution is caused by a trainer's bond with their pokemon, so unless there is a character that has Latios and Latias....(which I doubt) you would never battle them in Mega form.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    Why are they the same color?
    Red + Blue =

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    They basically look the same. I couldn't find any differences when I was looking at their pictures.
    The differences are subtle, but they are based on twins anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    Also, you don't encounter a wild pokemon in Mega form. Mega Evolution is caused by a trainer's bond with their pokemon, so unless there is a character that has Latios and Latias....(which I doubt) you would never battle them in Mega form.
    Yeah that's because the guy hacked them in.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    Also, you don't encounter a wild pokemon in Mega form. Mega Evolution is caused by a trainer's bond with their pokemon, so unless there is a character that has Latios and Latias....(which I doubt) you would never battle them in Mega form.
    Mewtwo pretty much showed how they tackle Mega Evolved Legendary: Find the Pokémon and then BAM! they "left behind" their mega stone.

    Alternately, what if the Hiker's fake mega stone turned out to really be Latinite (or whatever it is called) only after an event has occurred? Maybe even, dare I say, bringing in the Lati from a remake of RS?

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    366

    Default

    ^I would be okay with that ^
    Are you talking about the Intriguing Stone, which is for some reason a key item?

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Red + Blue =
    The differences are subtle, but they are based on twins anyway.
    I get that. But it still doesn't make it look legit, in my eyes at least. I would hope that they would look a little better, and still retain differences.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    555

    Default

    To support my claim, why would game freak make diancie have such a similar appearence to carbink? I am sure they could've made either of them look more different during development

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Mewtwo pretty much showed how they tackle Mega Evolved Legendary: Find the Pokémon and then BAM! they "left behind" their mega stone.

    Alternately, what if the Hiker's fake mega stone turned out to really be Latinite (or whatever it is called) only after an event has occurred? Maybe even, dare I say, bringing in the Lati from a remake of RS?
    No because you trade the Intriguing Stone for a Sun Stone with the man near the stairs.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiningKnightXY View Post
    To support my claim, why would game freak make diancie have such a similar appearence to carbink? I am sure they could've made either of them look more different during development
    Appearance isn't enough... Remember Alomomola & Bouffalant who were assumed to evolve from Luvdisc & Tauros? Nothing happened. They're all separate pokemons. So, it needn't happen here. Although if it did, it would be an interesting & welcome change. I kind of liked Manaphy's unique status of the being able to breed & yet still be a legendary.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruas View Post
    Appearance isn't enough... Remember Alomomola & Bouffalant who were assumed to evolve from Luvdisc & Tauros? Nothing happened. They're all separate pokemons. So, it needn't happen here. Although if it did, it would be an interesting & welcome change. I kind of liked Manaphy's unique status of the being able to breed & yet still be a legendary.
    Alomomola and Bouffalant were introduced several generations removed from their not-pre-evolutions, though (not that Tauros -> Bouffalant made any sense to begin with, but I digress). Carbink and Diancie were conceived of as a part of the same generation without several years of time separating their respective creation times.

    Also, to go off on a tangent, I wasn't really involved in the online fanbase at the time of BW's pre-release, but didn't Game Freak say back then that none of the Gen V Pokémon would be related to any old Pokémon? If so, why did people still expect there to be cross-generational evolutions? Was it just a denial thing like the introduction of only 72 new Pokémon in this Gen?
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    No because you trade the Intriguing Stone for a Sun Stone with the man near the stairs.
    I know that silly but he is super convinced it's a Mega Stone. I simply proposed a theory of going back to him (I just did it without the spoiler).
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Alomomola and Bouffalant were introduced several generations removed from their not-pre-evolutions, though (not that Tauros -> Bouffalant made any sense to begin with, but I digress). Carbink and Diancie were conceived of as a part of the same generation without several years of time separating their respective creation times.

    Also, to go off on a tangent, I wasn't really involved in the online fanbase at the time of BW's pre-release, but didn't Game Freak say back then that none of the Gen V Pokémon would be related to any old Pokémon? If so, why did people still expect there to be cross-generational evolutions? Was it just a denial thing like the introduction of only 72 new Pokémon in this Gen?
    Yes, they did confirm there would be no Pokémon related to older ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    I know that silly but he is super convinced it's a Mega Stone. I simply proposed a theory of going back to him (I just did it without the spoiler).
    Considering the Stone is gone the moment you traded it, I doubt GF would include a missable Mega Stone.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Considering the Stone is gone the moment you traded it, I doubt GF would include a missable Mega Stone.
    ...
    Obviously "going back to him" would imply you get it back from him.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    ...
    Obviously "going back to him" would imply you get it back from him.
    If there is no known way to do so, that would render it useless.

    It's also a Key Item, so unless it goes Enigma Stone I don't think it'll function like that.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I suck at discussing mysteries so I'll just wait for Nintendo do clarify it.
    3DS Friend Code 4210-5373-6942

    Current shinies:

    Beartic

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruas View Post
    Appearance isn't enough... Remember Alomomola & Bouffalant who were assumed to evolve from Luvdisc & Tauros? Nothing happened. They're all separate pokemons. So, it needn't happen here. Although if it did, it would be an interesting & welcome change. I kind of liked Manaphy's unique status of the being able to breed & yet still be a legendary.
    Come on now, Bouffalant and Alomomola were GENERATIONS apart from Tauros and Luvdisc. Diancie is from the same gen as Carbink. It can't just be bad planning in design, or lack of imagination for a rock/fairy. It isn't like I'm saying that you have to do some crazy ritual. It can't just be a coincidence that Carbink and Diancie look similar.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Alright, perhaps that was a poor example. But if you do look for it, you can find similarities between many other pokemons. Within gen 1, one could have mistakenly thought Ditto & Grimer to be related. Other popular associations in the past were Ghastly & Cloyster, Scyther & Kabutops, Kangaskhan & Rhydon, Venonat & Butterfree. Anyway, I just felt that looks alone (& type) wasn't really a strong piece of evidence. I guess I was just looking for something more substantial.

    Even then, I don't oppose that idea at all. I do appreciate your Dancie & Sundial theory. I accept that it may be a unique Phione-Manaphy like relation. Perhaps an unfortunate Carbink coincidently picked up an evolutionary stone during the weapon's activation, thus resulting in some sort of permanent transformation. It can be many things, but just wanted something more concrete.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Okay, okay.
    1) The ghost girl gives you a rare candy if you have rotom in your party
    2) I'm sure the 'usual place' is found by the empty train station, maybe you will eventually get to go to a small island, like the one where you hunt Mew.
    3) Maybe the strange souvenir is something that attracts a legendary, like cresselia? I think that's the name. THE MOON ONE.
    Also, the people who say that the 'sundial' OOPArt has treasure at the shadow...where is the shadow? Maybe we will find out.

    And Heatran in the plaza? You probably get an item from this 'new region' the backpacker goes on about (the one who gives you the strange souvenir)

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever *****s go
    Posts
    5,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Also, to go off on a tangent, I wasn't really involved in the online fanbase at the time of BW's pre-release, but didn't Game Freak say back then that none of the Gen V Pokémon would be related to any old Pokémon? If so, why did people still expect there to be cross-generational evolutions? Was it just a denial thing like the introduction of only 72 new Pokémon in this Gen?
    That wasn't revealed until later on during pre-release. Alomomola was revealed before we knew anything about that, and I think people's beef with Bouffalant was more of a "why doesn't it evolve from Tauros" rather than actually expecting it to.


    I think most of these "mysteries" people go on about are just little tidbits thrown in to make the game more interesting. Stuff like the ghost girl or the Heatran reference likely don't mean anything. The only things that can really be called mysteries are the strange souvenir and the myths surrounding the legends. Diancie's similarity to Carbink is really bizarre too, but I dunno if they'll ever actually clear that up.
    Last edited by Valoo.; 8th February 2014 at 6:44 PM.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I don't think it's even a scientist, it's just a normal NPC telling a folklore, iirc of a Froakie who turned into human, likely referencing the popular Frog Prince story.
    I went and checked, and the scientist in the Pokémon Center of Couriway Town says "A device that could turn a pokmeon into a human. Would anyone even want to use that?"
    Lysandre returns!!! (dun-dun-daaa!!)


    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    I think most of these "mysteries" people go on about are just little tidbits thrown in to make the game more interesting. Stuff like the ghost girl or the Heatran reference likely don't mean anything. The only things that can really be called mysteries are the strange souvenir and the myths surrounding the legends. Diancie's similarity to Carbink is really bizarre too, but I dunno if they'll ever actually clear that up.
    While a few mysteries are left unsolved every generation, I think that these are all plausible and could be important towards the future storyline. In BW, the girl did appear on Marvelous Bridge, but, if memory serves, we didn't find out what she was for until B2W2. I think the creepy ghost girl is relevant, and she has something to do with Hoopa. But only time will tell!
    I still really doubt they are going to pull a reverse Manaphy-Phione thing. Their similarity in appearance could just be a coincidence, or a red herring...
    Last edited by Dragonair7; 9th February 2014 at 6:39 PM.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurjoshua View Post
    1) The ghost girl gives you a rare candy if you have rotom in your party
    And it has to be on Tuesday at 9PM. Tried googling it and no solid proof came up, despite being easily done.....I should try it tomorrow, unless someone here wants to mess with their 3DS' date & time.



    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    I went and checked, and the scientist in the Pokémon Center of Couriway Town says "A device that could turn a pokemon into a human. Would anyone even want to use that?"
    ah yeah, I remember it now

    Still, it doesn't mean Lysandre will return, as there's no indication of such thing in development by Lysandre's team.

    If Gen 3 is an indication, that might be a future gimmicky minigame thing, like the Dream World which has been mentioned ever since Gen 3.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    If there is no known way to do so, that would render it useless.

    It's also a Key Item, so unless it goes Enigma Stone I don't think it'll function like that.
    It was a hypothesized event. A possibility. Fan speculation.

    You must be really fun at parties.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    It was a hypothesized event. A possibility. Fan speculation.

    You must be really fun at parties.
    If it's speculation on something that's impossible it would be, well, impossible.

    ._.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    67

    Default

    I think the biggest mystery is why the game was released in such an incomplete state.
    IGNORE ALL MY TRADE OFFERS.

    I swear, if I come back and my inbox is full of PMs, there will be hell to pay.


  24. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    I think the biggest mystery is why the game was released in such an incomplete state.
    What would you consider to be incomplete about the game?

    I do find it suspicious still that we only have about half the number of a typical pokedex worth of new pokemon and I will believe that something is up (ie some form of update with the rest of the pokemon) until the next games come out and I am proven wrong (or right).

    I wish GameFreak would put me out of my misery on 3 counts:

    1. What is in those 4 extra power plants?
    2. Does the train station lead to anywhere?
    3. What does the Strange Souvenir doooooo? I wanna knooooow :P
    Shine bright like a diamond


    My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

    Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Seireitei (Soul Society)
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    I think the biggest mystery is why the game was released in such an incomplete state.
    Because all of the first instalments are generally left incomplete so that the 3rd instalment/sequel (etc) can make up for it...? I think that's the best reason, looking at previous generations, anyway.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •