Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalos Region Mysteries

What's really bothering me is the Lumiose Ghost Girl.
    I think there's more to her than the Rotom Rare Candy, which I've never seen any proof in a video anyway.
    Lucario was my favourite Pokémon.
    Then it gained dreadlocks.
    Now my favourite is Mega Lucario.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    3DS Friend Code: 1865-0387-3074

Can somebody please check my Friend Safari?

Quote Originally Posted by wizpig1231 View Post
    What's really bothering me is the Lumiose Ghost Girl.
    I think there's more to her than the Rotom Rare Candy, which I've never seen any proof in a video anyway.
    What is this Rotom Rare Candy?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    What is this Rotom Rare Candy?
    I think when you bring rotom into the room shes in you get a rare candy, but ive never tried it.
    I left this site.
    They gave me an infraction for "cheat codes, discussion".
    I wasnt even talking about cheat codes or anything.
    Its outrageous.
    All I put was that I saw a passerby with hacked shiny legendaries.
    How silly and immature is this site.
    Lmfao.

I just tried the Rotom Rare Candy trick. Nothing at all.

I just tried the Rotom Rare Candy trick. Nothing at all.
    Its supposed to only work on Tuesdays and 9:00 P.M.
    Lucario was my favourite Pokémon.
    Then it gained dreadlocks.
    Now my favourite is Mega Lucario.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    3DS Friend Code: 1865-0387-3074

Can somebody please check my Friend Safari?

Quote Originally Posted by wizpig1231 View Post
    Its supposed to only work on Tuesdays and 9:00 P.M.
    It doesn't work. There is no connection with Rotom and she doesn't give rare candies. I have tried this and other stuff many times.

Has everyone seen the stats for AZ's Floette? It is called Floette Eternal Flower form. Florges' base stats are 552, the Eternal Flower Floette has base stats of 551 with better speed and special attack, with less defense and HP but still has good but lower sp def. I thought it was interesting that it is much stronger than other Floette.
    Last edited by Emily101; 14th April 2014 at 11:20 PM.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101 View Post
    Has everyone seen the stats for AZ's Floette? It is called Floette Eternal Flower form. Florges' base stats are 552, the Eternal Flower Floette has base stats of 551 with better speed and special attack, with less defense and HP but still has good but lower sp def. I thought it was interesting that it is much stronger than other Floette.
    It is, but not entirely unsurprising, you'd expect a Pokemon exposed to the Ultimate Weapon to be stronger than usual. What I find more interesting is that Eternal Flower's BST are exactly one point lower than Florges, emphasizing that it's only barely below a normal Florges (I'm also glad that they did that because Eternal Flower Floette will most likely be unable to evolve, much like Spiky Eared Pichu).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

This is completely off topic to the current conversation, but relevant I think to the thread.

The Chamber of Emptiness has nothing in (apart from I believe a Mega Stone?), and is quite literally empty. I've seen people talk about the possibility of it being linked to Diancie, which may well be correct. But perhaps it's linked to Zygarde? The reason I suggest this is because of the name - "Chamber of Emptiness". "emptiness" suggests a lack of, or total loss of, something; an empty feeling. This may sound Farfetch'd, but could this be linked to a very low BST total for Zygarde? I mean, it has a base stat total of 600; off the top of my head, that is equal to a pseudo-legendary, 80 lower than a "normal" fully strengthened legendary (Mewtwo, Groudon, etc), and 60 low than Kyurem whilst it is in the ABSENCE of Zekrom or Reshiram. Perhaps "emptiness" could somehow be linked to Zygarde? On the other hand, "Chamber", a space used to confine someone or something, could somehow link to the Order Pokemon status of Zygarde.

These are just ideas I'm proposing, nothing more, so don't hate!
    You rock, and you rule!

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do anything. Truth is, you can do anything.

Aim for the top, and be...a Pokémon master!!!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Pokémon X team:
    - Froakie
    - Torchic
    - Bulbasaur
    -?????
    -?????
    -?????

Zygarde is getting a new form in whatever third game they release for the sixth gen. The fact that that its two new signature moves were datamined and put in the Attackdex says it all.

In any case, all of the game's mysteries are going to be resolved in the coming days, now that all of its data has already been dumped into a readable format by hackers and they're in the process of picking through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    In any case, all of the game's mysteries are going to be resolved in the coming days
    Not necessarily. That the game has been datamined means just that. It doesn't mean that any remaining mysteries suddenly solve themselves. Case in point, we know Zygarde has two attacks that it can't learn right now. What does that mean? We can guess, and guess well, but we won't be sure until the eventual next Kalos game(s).

Point being, we'll be given much of the information we're missing as far as certain secrets, but we lack the proper perspective at this point in time to necessarily know what all of it means straightaway. Like when Black/White were dumped, we knew that something was up with Kyurem, but mining the data certainly didn't - couldn't - tell us that Black 2/White 2 would come with two new formes for it via the method that they did.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Well, with Volcanion now be surely connected to the mountains near Couriway Town (and that includes its unusable train station), the Chamber of Emptiness may have something to do with Hoopa. It may be the secret place where it stores whatever it picks.

I'm guessing as far as Zygarde's new forms, they're going to do the same thing they did in BW2, add on to Terminus Cave with a new area connected to his new forms.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Well, with Volcanion now be surely connected to the mountains near Couriway Town (and that includes its unusable train station), the Chamber of Emptiness may have something to do with Hoopa. It may be the secret place where it stores whatever it picks.
    I'm still sold on Volcanion being linked to the powerplant. There's even one with visible steam geysers and a door leading to it.
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

I'm still stuck on the strange souvenir. like is it really an item hinting at a legendary from gen VII and nothing else? or is there nothing more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Like the poster above me said, we've got a pretty tangible link between Volcanion and the Power Plant. Also, I get the sense that the Chamber of Emptiness is just like the Scorched Slab from RSE. It's got an affinity for ghost type things in much the same way the Scorched Slab has an affinity with sunlight. The TM for Sunny Day or Shadow Ball is found there (and in XY's case, the Banettite), and that's about it. It's a place on the map, but only for those reasons. If it was wear Hoopa stored things, it wouldn't exactly be a Chamber of Emptiness anyway.

And I think the train station is just an aesthetic thing, much like the boats in Coumarine City are.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Like the poster above me said, we've got a pretty tangible link between Volcanion and the Power Plant. Also, I get the sense that the Chamber of Emptiness is just like the Scorched Slab from RSE. It's got an affinity for ghost type things in much the same way the Scorched Slab has an affinity with sunlight. The TM for Sunny Day or Shadow Ball is found there (and in XY's case, the Banettite), and that's about it. It's a place on the map, but only for those reasons. If it was wear Hoopa stored things, it wouldn't exactly be a Chamber of Emptiness anyway.

And I think the train station is just an aesthetic thing, much like the boats in Coumarine City are.
    If you read Volcanion's Y dex data, it says that it can be found in a mountain. Also, the Lumiose Press' Head went to the mountains to search for a Mythical Pokemon. There's also the railway in Couriway that leads there. To the mountains! I think that Game Freak is trolling us with the steam power of Volcanion, with us thinking it is related to the Power Plant, which actually isn't.

If you read Volcanion's Y dex data, it says that it can be found in a mountain. Also, the Lumiose Press' Head went to the mountains to search for a Mythical Pokemon. There's also the railway in Couriway that leads there. To the mountains! I think that Game Freak is trolling us with the steam power of Volcanion, with us thinking it is related to the Power Plant, which actually isn't.
    I believe the term Mythical Pokémon refers directly to event Pokémon, if I remember correctly, so that may be what the Editor-in-Chief was hinting at. Also, I don't know if you meant this, but the "steam power" of Volcanion could be a reference to the transport required to get there [to the mountains] - the Couriway Train, from the mysterious station.
    You rock, and you rule!

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do anything. Truth is, you can do anything.

Pokémon X team:
    - Froakie
    - Torchic
    - Bulbasaur
    -?????
    -?????
    -?????

This has been discussed in the past. A few pages ago I think. It seems far more likely that the pokemon being referred to in the Lumiose Press is Zygarde, who does live in the mountains there. There's an NPC in one of the plazas that mentions a magma pokemon at the power plant, and that seems far more likely to point to Volcanion. GF has never really been into the whole subtle bait and switch thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosharp_98 View Post
    I believe the term Mythical Pokémon refers directly to event Pokémon, if I remember correctly, so that may be what the Editor-in-Chief was hinting at. Also, I don't know if you meant this, but the "steam power" of Volcanion could be a reference to the transport required to get there [to the mountains] - the Couriway Train, from the mysterious station.
    Not quite. I've pointed this out before too. Since Gen V, all of what the fandom calls "legendary" pokemon have been called "mythical" in game and in promotional material. Victini, Meloetta, et all were all called Mythical Pokemon, but so too were Reshiram, Zekrom, the Kamis and the Muskedeers.

That's a good point, though in this case I only see it being linked to an event exclusive Pokémon. If it were connected to Zygarde, I believe the Editor-in-Chief would have, or should have, returned to Lumiose after the player's encounter with the legendary Pokémon. I don't believe I met anyone on the way to Zygarde who appeared to be of the Lumiouse Press, let alone the Editor-in-Chief, which is why I think it may refer to another Pokémon, and another mountain.
    You rock, and you rule!

Pokémon X team:
    - Froakie
    - Torchic
    - Bulbasaur
    -?????
    -?????
    -?????

That's a good point, though in this case I only see it being linked to an event exclusive Pokémon.
    Pretty sure I've seen Yvetal referred to as "mythical" in promotional stuff. And it's only a matter of time until the Diance movie gets localized and I can rest my case.

If it were connected to Zygarde, I believe the Editor-in-Chief would have, or should have, returned to Lumiose after the player's encounter with the legendary Pokémon. I don't believe I met anyone on the way to Zygarde who appeared to be of the Lumiouse Press, let alone the Editor-in-Chief, which is why I think it may refer to another Pokémon, and another mountain.
    Or they got lost (or killed) along the way. Terminus Cave is a winding road, hard to navigate with plenty of "strong" pokemon. I am reasonably sure that when they said they were going to seek out a strong pokemon in the mountains, it was Zygarde, and that particular plot will be further fleshed out in a later game, much like the idea of Reshiram and Zekrom was a part of a larger whole was fleshed out in BW2 and Rayquaza as a great equalizer (and Sky Pillar itself) was fleshed out in Emerald.

Firebrand;17096649]Pretty sure I've seen Yvetal referred to as "mythical" in promotional stuff. And it's only a matter of time until the Diance movie gets localized and I can rest my case.[/QUOTE]

I never disagreed with your statement about Mythical Pokémon; I just stated my belief that, in this case, it seems unlikely that Zygarde is the Mythical Pokémon that the Editor-in-Chief was searching for. I also don't see Terminus Cave as an area where the storyline could reach a climax. Though, thinking about it, the Order Pokémon may have balanced the books when Lysandre supposedly died, and took the Editor-in-Chief?
    You rock, and you rule!

Pokémon X team:
    - Froakie
    - Torchic
    - Bulbasaur
    -?????
    -?????
    -?????

There's an NPC in one of the plazas that mentions a magma pokemon at the power plant, and that seems far more likely to point to Volcanion. GF has never really been into the whole subtle bait and switch thing.
    The NPC mimicking Pokemon sounds in Jaune Plaza mentions that it sounds like a Lava Dome Pokemon (that would be Heatran) is there. Neither Volcanion nor the Power Plant are mentioned.

Though, thinking about it, the Order Pokémon may have balanced the books when Lysandre supposedly died, and took the Editor-in-Chief?
    Zygarde is an accountant now?

This has been discussed in the past. A few pages ago I think. It seems far more likely that the pokemon being referred to in the Lumiose Press is Zygarde, who does live in the mountains there.
    Well, strictly speaking, Zygarde lives deep within a cave, not just in the mountains.

Not quite. I've pointed this out before too. Since Gen V, all of what the fandom calls "legendary" pokemon have been called "mythical" in game and in promotional material. Victini, Meloetta, et all were all called Mythical Pokemon, but so too were Reshiram, Zekrom, the Kamis and the Muskedeers.
    I'm trying to find evidence to support that claim, but I'm coming up with nothing. The official website is very consistent with how it describes these Pokémon; for instance, Diancie is denoted as a "Mythical Pokémon," whereas the in-game Legendary Pokémon are just called "Legendary Pokémon."

Searching through the quotes from the other major players in Gen V reveals that they too consistently use the term "Legendary Pokémon" to refer to in-game Legendary Pokémon, whereas the only instance of the term "Mythical Pokémon" that I have found so far comes from Juniper, in reference to Victini (an event Pokémon).

Gen IV indeed shows the use of the term "mythical Pokémon" to refer to in-game Legendary Pokémon, however, according to Bulbapedia...

- "While most Pokémon in this group are referred to as simply "Legendary", there exist two other groups that can be considered subsets of Legendary Pokémon. The first, Mythical Pokémon (Japanese: 幻のポケモン Illusory Pokémon), refer to Pokémon seen so rarely that some question their very existence; most event Pokémon fall into this category. The second, 神話のポケモン mythical Pokémon, lacks an official English name and refers to the specific Pokémon which are spoken of as the creators of the Sinnoh region."

... these instances appear to be mistranslations of a third term for the Pokémon that were supposedly involved in Sinnoh's creation. Event/Mythical Pokémon would be more properly translated as "Illusory Pokémon," which makes sense due to their manufactured-via-promotional-distribution rarity.

So the "Mythical Pokémon" that the Editor-in-Chief went to find seems quite likely to be an event Pokémon, the location of which happily aligns with the location of a known Gen VI event Pokémon (Volcanion).
    Last edited by Endolise; 16th April 2014 at 12:45 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I also don't see Terminus Cave as an area where the storyline could reach a climax.
    If they do the same thing they did in BW2, it can be. Instead of facing off against Zygarde in the X shaped cave area, they could have a new area of the cave past that room. IIRC, they said something about a giant tree connected to Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde, maybe that could be where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Zygarde is an accountant now?
    Yes.

He even helped me file my taxes this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm guessing as far as Zygarde's new forms, they're going to do the same thing they did in BW2, add on to Terminus Cave with a new area connected to his new forms.
    I am pretty positive Zygarde will get two Mega forms, one to counteract Xerneas and one to counteract Yveltal. The new moves that have been revealed really point to this fact. I wouldn't be suprised if Lysandre survived and is the one to utilize Zygarde's Mega. It would also be a great way to further showcase Mega Evolution in the plotline.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast