Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 567

Thread: Kalos Region Mysteries

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,645

    Default

    Probably it's because in Gen 5 we have 2 trio? The Kami Trio and the Muskedeer Trio (yeah, I know that one is actually a quartet, but only if Keldeo is included)

    Quote Originally Posted by GDK View Post
    Another one is why we didn't get a 100 all accross the board mythical pokemon.
    Technically, Diancie can count for that, she has the looks and the correct total BST, it's just that this time the base stats are being spread instead of all 100.






    Anyway, another thing I want to know, what's with that old man near the Gallete stand that mentions about "shower"? What does he mean by that? Is there a meteor shower at certain times similar to diamond dust in Gen 4 and 5?

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    World Line:1.048596
    Posts
    15

    Default

    1.Due to previous occasions, it is unlikely that the power plant will lead you to Volcanion. In all likelihood Gamefreak will give away Volcanion and the power plants will lead to items related to it

    2.I have once done the thing with the ghost girl and the rotom; I am unsure of the conditions.

    3.Why didn't Dunsparce get a Mega

    4. We can't know what to expect from the next game(s) because there is only so much we can learn from a game which may not share the same data

    5. Why can't we Rhyhorn (or skiddo/gogoat) race?
    HMs make people cry
    My fish can't already swim the blue
    Still don't know how Pidgey uses fly
    And neither do you- Gun

    In a world where I may dream
    I choose to die
    For a dream is nothing
    without being able to realize- Gun

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    9

    Default

    And you know the locked room near the Kalos' Power Plant? I think there should be a way to unlock it but, maybe with an event? And about the two other legendary (Hoopa and Volcanion), I think all of them locked in that room haha

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandubuanaa View Post
    And you know the locked room near the Kalos' Power Plant? I think there should be a way to unlock it but, maybe with an event? And about the two other legendary (Hoopa and Volcanion), I think all of them locked in that room haha
    And that's why legendary pokemon are so rare, it's not that theres few of them, they're just locked behind doors. In Vocanions case, no hands to use the doorknob.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

        Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    World Line:1.048596
    Posts
    15

    Default

    It wouldn't surprise me If all this about the Cave of Emptiness and the Power Plants are just red herrings and it turns out they are just locked for no reason.

    Perhaps it'll be expanded upon in the next game(s)?
    HMs make people cry
    My fish can't already swim the blue
    Still don't know how Pidgey uses fly
    And neither do you- Gun

    In a world where I may dream
    I choose to die
    For a dream is nothing
    without being able to realize- Gun

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunvarrel View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me If all this about the Cave of Emptiness and the Power Plants are just red herrings and it turns out they are just locked for no reason.

    Perhaps it'll be expanded upon in the next game(s)?
    What bugs me about the Power Plants is that the doors are interact-able with. Most things that are irrelevant aren't, but they tell you they're closed. If RPGs have taught me anything, is that a locked door that talks to you, is because it's likely to be opened at some point by some means. (At least in FF and Zelda for the most part)
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

        Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    World Line:1.048596
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Never thought of that, nothing worse than doors like that that wil never open. It is possible, but i hope they dont pull a Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus on us again.

    Also I think the power plants could be related to the legendary bird trio or another group of legends, possibly Mega evolutions
    HMs make people cry
    My fish can't already swim the blue
    Still don't know how Pidgey uses fly
    And neither do you- Gun

    In a world where I may dream
    I choose to die
    For a dream is nothing
    without being able to realize- Gun

  8. #283

    Default

    They didn't "pull" anything on us. Had we not hacked the game - what led to them needing to ditch the in-game events in the first place - we never would have known about the in-game events and their items. We were never shown anything officially that wasn't delivered, and they were forced to distribute the three via means other than originally intended because the hacked versions had run rampant over the trading system.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    They didn't "pull" anything on us. Had we not hacked the game - what led to them needing to ditch the in-game events in the first place - we never would have known about the in-game events and their items. We were never shown anything officially that wasn't delivered, and they were forced to distribute the three via means other than originally intended because the hacked versions had run rampant over the trading system.
    They're not stupid. By know they should know that as long as they program it into the game, it's going to get found out. So I really doubt they'd go out of their way just because it got found out. If this game seems to have something different on it's predecessors is that it seems to be able to get updated through patches and downloads.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

        Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    World Line:1.048596
    Posts
    15

    Default

    I really hope Gamefreak decides to go that route seeing as how many things seem expandable.
    HMs make people cry
    My fish can't already swim the blue
    Still don't know how Pidgey uses fly
    And neither do you- Gun

    In a world where I may dream
    I choose to die
    For a dream is nothing
    without being able to realize- Gun

  11. #286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post
    They're not stupid. By know they should know that as long as they program it into the game, it's going to get found out. So I really doubt they'd go out of their way just because it got found out.
    Except that's exactly what happened. The Sinnoh events in Diamond/Pearl were all torn into via hacking and glitches and as such, their in-game events were never given out and instead the critters themselves were given out directly via event, where they can be authenticated with designated OTs and ribbons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post
    If this game seems to have something different on it's predecessors is that it seems to be able to get updated through patches and downloads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunvarrel View Post
    I really hope Gamefreak decides to go that route seeing as how many things seem expandable.
    And every party who would potentially have a say in this is on the public record as saying this will not be the case, that their goal was to produce a complete and self-contained game (the inherent version differences notwithstanding) and that they will not be expanded by DLC.

    Patches to fix potentially game-breaking glitches are not tantamount to mountains of expansive DLC waiting for us ahead.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    World Line:1.048596
    Posts
    15

    Default

    But still, let us be fools and keep our delusions of a world where they may.
    Because somewhere deep down we all want it to happen especially since no one knows what these in game places are for
    HMs make people cry
    My fish can't already swim the blue
    Still don't know how Pidgey uses fly
    And neither do you- Gun

    In a world where I may dream
    I choose to die
    For a dream is nothing
    without being able to realize- Gun

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    768

    Default

    It's not DLC if they're already there, proof being they were found in the data (The megastones for Lati@s and the 3 new legends).
    Them being DLC would be having to download them completely, like downloading a new map or skins in other games.

    But alas, we are not the programmers of the games and in the end only they know how they will approach it, so both what you say and I say is nothing but speculation until they reveal the truth.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

        Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

  14. #289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post
    It's not DLC if they're already there, proof being they were found in the data (The megastones for Lati@s and the 3 new legends).
    Which is inherent to the core titles and not really what we're discussing when we say "DLC".

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post
    Them being DLC would be having to download them completely, like downloading a new map or skins in other games.
    Which is what we're discussing and which is what all involved parties are on the record as saying is not in the offing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post
    But alas, we are not the programmers of the games and in the end only they know how they will approach it, so both what you say and I say is nothing but speculation until they reveal the truth.
    No, we're sort of beyond "everything is speculation" at this point.

    In terms of DLC specifically, I don’t know what shape DLC can take in the future. But at the moment I don’t feel it’s a safe enough mode – so to speak – appropriate for Pokémon.

    "There’s no download content or microtransaction content developed specifically for Pokémon X & Y. We’ve not come up with any ideas on that yet. I like the idea that Pokémon can be enjoyed with just one piece of software. You buy the game and it can be enjoyed just with that one software that you buy. That’s a key point for Game Freak."
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...-in-the-future

    Hence "on the record".



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Yeah... Right... because there haven't been events that to get them you have to buy something or other...
    I understand what he's saying, nice sentiment and all but, there are some exceptions to that rule as well. It's not like you are capable of getting everything for free (Outside of trading someone who got it for it)
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

        Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

  16. #291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post
    Yeah... Right... because there haven't been events that to get them you have to buy something or other...
    There haven't. There have been times when buying one of the side titles will net you an extra few Pokémon, but those are a separate matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post
    I understand what he's saying, nice sentiment and all but, there are some exceptions to that rule as well. It's not like you are capable of getting everything for free (Outside of trading someone who got it for it)
    Two very different things. Again, the version differences that are inherent to the core titles, a part of their DNA from the beginning in every way, don't factor in here, nor should they.

    In as much as we can take his comments at face value, it's pretty clear what he means: X and Y will not be expanded beyond their current state to any significant degree.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    There haven't. There have been times when buying one of the side titles will net you an extra few Pokémon, but those are a separate matter.



    Two very different things. Again, the version differences that are inherent to the core titles, a part of their DNA from the beginning in every way, don't factor in here, nor should they.

    In as much as we can take his comments at face value, it's pretty clear what he means: X and Y will not be expanded beyond their current state to any significant degree.
    I never meant nor said anything to do with version differences. Obviously they don't count.

    But we digress, it has nothing to do with Kalos Region Mysteries speculations, so.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

        Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

  18. #293
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Summoning Missingno
    Posts
    278

    Default

    OK, as you pretty much know the event legends for this gen, here are my predictions:-
        Spoiler:- Predictions:
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    Friend Safari- Phantump, Drifblim, Shuppet.
    FC: 2793-1931-7921
    Time zone- London-GMT
    Showdown alt: Delta-Omega
    Started my journey into PASBL, let's see how I fare...

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    World Line:1.048596
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Perhaps Diacie has ties to another region to the west of Kalos just like how in the new movie diancie has its own country in the
    new movie it has a country in the mountains.
    HMs make people cry
    My fish can't already swim the blue
    Still don't know how Pidgey uses fly
    And neither do you- Gun

    In a world where I may dream
    I choose to die
    For a dream is nothing
    without being able to realize- Gun

  20. #295

    Default

    Go back through the entire library of movies - I don't think a single one has ever placed its titular Pokémon in a region or area having anything to do with its in-game location.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironthunder1604 View Post
    Diancie-New area, possibly to do with the missing journalist bloke in Lumiose Press?
    I would expect that the editor in the mountains has to do with Volcanion since Volcanion's Y Pokédex entry states that it lives in the mountains. Plus, we already know which location Diancie corresponds to: None. The in-game event that it triggers is just two people coming up and asking to take it from you.

    However, I dare to be different, so I'm going to say:

    Diancie - Lumiose Badlands
    Hoopa - Shalour City Gym
    Volcanion - Frost Cavern
    Last edited by Endolise; 18th April 2014 at 8:42 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  22. #297
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    World Line:1.048596
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Latios and latias had a movie like that

    Also I meant region not traditionally but more like a tiny collection of areas accessible by train from couriway
    HMs make people cry
    My fish can't already swim the blue
    Still don't know how Pidgey uses fly
    And neither do you- Gun

    In a world where I may dream
    I choose to die
    For a dream is nothing
    without being able to realize- Gun

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SamStyle View Post
    Another mystery is why we don't have a legendary trio for this gen (i don't really count zapdos/articuno/moltres as they're gen I)
    Some people think that it will be Volcanion-Diancie-Hoopa but I think they don't have any relevance to each other.
    Lucario was my favourite Pokémon.
    Then it gained dreadlocks.
    Now my favourite is Mega Lucario.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    3DS Friend Code: 1865-0387-3074

    Can somebody please check my Friend Safari?

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,206

    Default

    Is it possible for the sequel to have a new region that's connected to Kalos and has the pkmn that were killed by the ultimate weapon,only,revived using Zygarde's DNA?

    "Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Is it possible for the sequel to have a new region
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    that's connected to Kalos
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    and has the pkmn that were killed by the ultimate weapon,only,revived using Zygarde's DNA?
    Extremely probably no, especially considering that we don't even know if there were any. I know that people seem to like the theory that Kalos has "so few Pokémon" because the Ultimate Weapon wiped out a number of species back in the day, but again, that's sticking too rigidly to the belief that the "new" Pokémon are the only ones that qualify as the region's "native" Pokémon, which is not the case. We see in the war flashback scenes that the soldiers used Pokémon such as Rhyperior, Abomasnow, Magnemite, Weavile, Aggron, Salamence, Golurk, Bisharp, Steelix, Gyarados, Lunatone, and Solrock - you know, Pokémon that are all available in Kalos' Regional Dex - as well as "new" (but "new," in this case, is relative only to us) Pokémon such as Honedge, Noivern, and Talonflame.
    Last edited by Endolise; 18th April 2014 at 3:06 PM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •