Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalos Region Mysteries

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Yes

Yes

Extremely probably no, especially considering that we don't even know if there were any. I know that people seem to like the theory that Kalos has "so few Pokémon" because the Ultimate Weapon wiped out a number of species back in the day, but again, that's sticking too rigidly to the belief that the "new" Pokémon are the only ones that qualify as the region's "native" Pokémon, which is not the case. We see in the war flashback scenes that the soldiers used Pokémon such as Rhyperior, Abomasnow, Magnemite, Weavile, Aggron, Salamence, Golurk, Bisharp, Steelix, Gyarados, Lunatone, and Solrock - you know, Pokémon that are all available in Kalos' Regional Dex - as well as "new" (but "new," in this case, is relative only to us) Pokémon such as Honedge, Noivern, and Talonflame.
    Oh,then maybe,somehow,more Mega evolutions will be added.Maybe to all the starters and others that would need such a boost.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    He means a 'weak' trio; as in, not cover legends.
    But pretty sure you knew that.
    No I wouldn't, since he wasn't exactly being specific in his statement. Can't read minds over the internet.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I would expect that the editor in the mountains has to do with Volcanion since Volcanion's Y Pokédex entry states that it lives in the mountains. Plus, we already know which location Diancie corresponds to: None. The in-game event that it triggers is just two people coming up and asking to take it from you.

However, I dare to be different, so I'm going to say:

Diancie - Lumiose Badlands
    Hoopa - Shalour City Gym
    Volcanion - Frost Cavern
    Wait, what?

Why would you find Hoopa in the Shalour City Gym of all places? It's not a natural environment and it's most likely not connected to Hoopa at all. Unless you meant Cyllage City Gym, but still, I don't think that place really fits Hoopa either.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Wait, what?

Why would you find Hoopa in the Shalour City Gym of all places? It's not a natural environment and it's most likely not connected to Hoopa at all. Unless you meant Cyllage City Gym, but still, I don't think that place really fits Hoopa either.
    I don't think I was being entirely serious.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Oh,then maybe,somehow,more Mega evolutions will be added.Maybe to all the starters and others that would need such a boost.
    Considering that new Items and Formes can be added regardless of Base Stat changes or having any effect upon the older Games if they are connected with them this certainly is a possibility, and likely we will recieve one or two Forme Changes/Form Changes/Mega Evolutions in whatever Core Series game comes next, as has been the case with every Core Series game following the initial pair (Rotom Formes, Kami Trio, etc.).

But adding them to all the Starters and those that need the boost, you would basically be giving Mega Evolutions to almost all fully-Evolved-Pokémon, and most (eg. Butterfree, Sunflora, Lumineon (as much as I want this to be redeemed)) would still not be pivotal enough to provide much change, especially with it becoming a common factor.

I'm wondering why Sina and Dexio chose to put on masks. If they were involved in the plot, why didn't they show up more when you needed them.

Could it be that something else was going on that left them indisposed?
    Were they even in the postgame?
    Will you really be the next Looker
    How come Yveltal's shiny is Bacon?
    HMs make people cry
    My fish can't already swim the blue
    Still don't know how Pidgey uses fly
    And neither do you- Gun

In a world where I may dream
    I choose to die
    For a dream is nothing
    without being able to realize- Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Gunvarrel View Post
    Since when is bacon white and crimson with a tuft of grey fur?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Raw Bacon is red and white. The fur could come from a gray pig. Don't ask how it started flying and grew to be a bird

Btw my brother thinks its a dragon.
    HMs make people cry
    My fish can't already swim the blue
    Still don't know how Pidgey uses fly
    And neither do you- Gun

In a world where I may dream
    I choose to die
    For a dream is nothing
    without being able to realize- Gun

^Best post on the entire thread. Especially now that you mention it.../snort.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Something that not to many people are discussing are the Mega stones for Latios and Latias. My theory about this is that, seeing how there are already quite a few megas for Hoenn Pokemon, a Hoenn remake may be made, with the added feature of mega evolution. Latios and Latias will have completed mega evolution models, and can be transferred to Pokemon X and Y.
    My trade shop is now open!
    --------------------------------------------
    The Cosmic Voyage (on hiatus because of boredom)
    --------------------------------------------
    3DS Friend Code: 1418 - 7771 - 0495
    Friend Safari: Grass
    2DS Friend Code: 1865 - 0564 - 3202
    Friend Safari: Psychic
    ---------------------------------------------
    YouTube
    DeviantArt
        Spoiler:- Shiny Pokemon:
    I HAVE CLAIMED SEALEO. YOU WILL PERISH AT THE FLIPPERS OF THE SEALEO MASTER RACE (Spheal was already claimed).

Quote Originally Posted by ShachonianX View Post
    Something that not to many people are discussing are the Mega stones for Latios and Latias. My theory about this is that, seeing how there are already quite a few megas for Hoenn Pokemon, a Hoenn remake may be made, with the added feature of mega evolution. Latios and Latias will have completed mega evolution models, and can be transferred to Pokemon X and Y.
    Yes,there probably will be one eventually.And the rest of the Hoenn starters might get Mega evos.It would be unfair if they don't since Blaziken got one.Altaria should also get one that's Dragon/Fairy.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Yes,there probably will be one eventually.And the rest of the Hoenn starters might get Mega evos.It would be unfair if they don't since Blaziken got one.Altaria should also get one that's Dragon/Fairy.
    I like the Altaria dragon/fairy idea. It seems to fit her (sorry in my mind Altaria is feminine,) and it change her 4X weakness to ice.

But I'm not sure that Nintendo pays any attention to fans wishful thinking about types. It probably won't happen this gen either...nothing in any of the code suggests it.
    Last edited by llr; 21st April 2014 at 9:11 PM.
    LLR

P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDex View Post
    In terms of mysteries, I'd mostly like to see what's up with some of the regions of the map that are explorable for no real substantial purpose. And also something to bring Zygarde into the mix reasonably. His story was left off strangely.

I'd like to see something completely original with Zygarde. Giratina had an alternate form in Gen 4, Kyurem had 2 fusion "forms" in Gen 5, maybe Zygarde could get a mega stone. 2, even? Poison-Ground to counter Xerneas, then Dragon-Stone to counter Yveltal. Right now, Zygarde gets hit super-effectively by Xerneas and some of his attacks can be avoided by Yveltal. Mega stones would be a Kalos-relevant way to fix that, however (extremely) unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    Excitable Boy nailed the biggest mystery of the region; Zygarde's involvement with the mortality trio. Will it get a different form though... Will we see another fusion? Will it be a different typing? Does it change it's iconic yet simple visage? WILL IT BECOME PART POISON (!) These are questions that need answers! Game Freak definitely left a lot of subtlety this time around, similar to what they did with Giratina until Platinum.

God I miss Platinum! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つPRAISE HELIX༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    The real "mystery" is why Zygarde is significantly weaker than Xerneas and Yveltal. Not only on typing, but also raw stats: it sums 600 only, while cover legends sums 680. This alone begs for a mega evolution in Pokémon Z (Dragon/Steel would be perfect: advantage over Xerneas and resistance to Yveltal).

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    I am pretty positive Zygarde will get two Mega forms, one to counteract Xerneas and one to counteract Yveltal. The new moves that have been revealed really point to this fact. I wouldn't be suprised if Lysandre survived and is the one to utilize Zygarde's Mega. It would also be a great way to further showcase Mega Evolution in the plotline.
    Hmm, with the 2 new moves, the 2 mega stones make some sense (not necessarily related to Xerneas and Yveltal, but still).
    However, it also could point to just an event-only move (and who knows with the mega stone as well, for Pokémon Z).

Raw Bacon is red and white. The fur could come from a gray pig. Don't ask how it started flying and grew to be a bird

Btw my brother thinks its a dragon.
    lol
    BTW, it's both a dragon and a bird: it's called wyvern.

I have claimed Nidoran ♀
        Spoiler:- My collections in Pokémon X:

3DS Friend Code: 2766-9498-2899
    Water Safari
    Savanna Pattern Vivillon

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed Tooth View Post
    A wyvern is a two-legged Dragon with wings, it's not a bird (most depictions have them with bat wings anyways...).

EDIT: Going back into the Norse mythology, Yveltal would be based on the unnamed Eagle at the top so it's mostly bird (which justifies it's Flying type).
    Last edited by Hexin' Wishes; 21st April 2014 at 10:20 PM.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    EDIT: Going back into the Norse mythology, Yveltal would be based on the unnamed Eagle at the top so it's mostly bird (which justifies it's Flying type).
    If the Norse theory does have influence, then potentially, but then again legendaries don't have to strictly adhere to their mythological basis before (ex. Kyogre is not a serpent) so it still could be derived from other concepts.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 21st April 2014 at 11:35 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

The real "mystery" is why Zygarde is significantly weaker than Xerneas and Yveltal. Not only on typing, but also raw stats: it sums 600 only, while cover legends sums 680. This alone begs for a mega evolution in Pokémon Z (Dragon/Steel would be perfect: advantage over Xerneas and resistance to Yveltal).

Hmm, with the 2 new moves, the 2 mega stones make some sense (not necessarily related to Xerneas and Yveltal, but still).
    However, it also could point to just an event-only move (and who knows with the mega stone as well, for Pokémon Z).

lol
    Yes,I agree on the Mega evo theory.And Dragon/Steel seems plausible.

Since I can't post them here,check out my other Mega evolution speculations for the future games[not the XY sequels],but maybe the Hoenn remakes. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ing!!!/page312

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

Yveltal is nothing like a wyvern. Noivern is a wyvern, and Yveltal is nothing like Noivern. Yveltal is a large bird of prey, presumably a carrion-eater (based on its conceptual theme and signature attack's effect) like a vulture or a condor.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Anyway, another thing I want to know, what's with that old man near the Gallete stand that mentions about "shower"? What does he mean by that? Is there a meteor shower at certain times similar to diamond dust in Gen 4 and 5?
    I could be wrong, but it seems like he is simply expressing his qualified judgment as a local that Lumiose City simply does not get rain very often. I suppose it is possible that it means something beyond that, but I think I'd have to see some additional evidence to conclude that.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

I think befor they make a remake of pokemon ruby and saffire there is probably going to be pokemon z because all generations have a third game from that region example Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, White and Black 2

What if in Z,every pokemon gets a Mega evo?I know it won't happen...but how would it affect the metagame and everything?

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

What if in Z,every pokemon gets a Mega evo?I know it won't happen...but how would it affect the metagame and everything?
    probably drastically, unless they all sucked or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    If the Norse theory does have influence, then potentially, but then again legendaries don't have to strictly adhere to their mythological basis before (ex. Kyogre is not a serpent) so it still could be derived from other concepts.
    The Leviathan was more of a "sea monster" anyways. If cryptologists are to be believed the "sea serpent" was actually a whale (amongst other marine candidates) that the ignorant ancient civilization mistook for a serpent. The Leviathan was a creature that was named in the Bible written around said time. Reading research on the Leviathan in modern times would lead you to "whale" so, yes, Kyogre does adhere to the Leviathan.

A better example would have been Ziz and Rayquaza.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Anyway, another thing I want to know, what's with that old man near the Gallete stand that mentions about "shower"? What does he mean by that? Is there a meteor shower at certain times similar to diamond dust in Gen 4 and 5?
    I just talked to him again. The way I understood him is that shower = short light rain as opposed to downpours or storms lasting several days.
    Last edited by llr; 22nd April 2014 at 3:19 AM. Reason: fix typo
    LLR

P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    The Leviathan was more of a "sea monster" anyways. If cryptologists are to be believed the "sea serpent" was actually a whale (amongst other marine candidates) that the ignorant ancient civilization mistook for a serpent. The Leviathan was a creature that was named in the Bible written around said time. Reading research on the Leviathan in modern times would lead you to "whale" so, yes, Kyogre does adhere to the Leviathan.

A better example would have been Ziz and Rayquaza.
    The thing is those civilizations are the ones that popularized those passages and the ones who made the myth surrounding it. So despite it potentially being a "sea monster" originally, it was interpreted to become what a serpent in that mythology in the common form of that scripture and thus the accepted one, which Kyogre doesn't adhere to.

Either way, the point stands because of Ziz and Rayquaza, so it doesn't matter regardless, the animal basis in mythology doesn't have to be used for Pokémon which is what the point was.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 22nd April 2014 at 7:22 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Ok, Noivern is more wyvern, I stand (partially) corrected. <.<

It's funny to see how most people posted more to my off-topic comment instead of about the (almost certain) Zygarde's mega evolution. =P

I have claimed Nidoran ♀
        Spoiler:- My collections in Pokémon X:

3DS Friend Code: 2766-9498-2899
    Water Safari
    Savanna Pattern Vivillon

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast