Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalos Region Mysteries

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Well, no one can answer that until we have the game.

But looking at B/W, yeah it might be.
    Looks like the people who dumped the game's RAM didn't find anything about it, which means the "story" will continue in "the third game(s)", not in X/Y. Basically, the same thing as the Marvelous Bridge ghost girl in B/W, whose story is revealed in B2/W2.
    Maybe the Ghost Girl shows up in a new catacombs area of Lumiose City?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'd like to propose a theory about the Lumiose ghost girl, as I think the game's own text sometimes sheds light on many of these sort of mysteries.

What does the ghost girl say? Well, for a few seconds, nothing, but then, "No, you're not the one...".

Well believe it or not, there is another NPC in these games who actually says you are the one! I wish I remembered the exact quote, but it's the guy in the Lost Hotel who teaches you the Cosmic Flip, the coolest roller skate trick in the game.

The ghost girl moves about stuck in one position. Spooky, right? But maybe not just spooky. She doesn't just move about in a standing still position. In fact, her posture bears a slight resemblance to a freeze frame of somebody who's roller skating.

The guy who teaches the Cosmic Flip says that at one time he was the sweetheart of all the girls in Lumiose (or something like that; wish I took down the actual text).

I could certainly be wrong, but I think the evidence makes at least a decent case that these details are connected. The case would definitely be stronger if there were some way for the game to trigger an instance in which she does something different and admits you are the one (maybe if you've done enough skate tricks or something).

What does anyone think about this theory?

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

What exactly are Xerneas and Yveltal?

By Yveltal's dex entry it sounds like some malignant force created it and Xerneas was once the tree of Yggdrasil or something.

Zygarde must some underground guardian that maintains balance whatever that means in the Kalos landmass.
    Team X:

There's nothing particularly mysterious about "what" Xerneas and Yveltal are - they're life and death, forces of nature as objective as the weather. All living things are born and all living things die.

Xerneas isn't really meant to be "Yggdrasil" or any one specific tree beyond the fact that, yes, a tree is a fairly universal symbol of life, including in Norse mythology. As we see in the cutscene in Team Flare headquarters in the two versions, Xerneas encapsulates itself in the form of a tree, Yveltal does so in the form of an egg-shaped cocoon.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post

By Yveltal's dex entry it sounds like some malignant force created it and Xerneas was once the tree of Yggdrasil or something.
    Xerneas and Yveltal are Legendary Pokémon that can control life energy. Xerneas can release it and Yveltal can absorb it.

There is no Yggdrasil in Pokémon.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Xerneas and Yveltal are Legendary Pokémon that can control life energy. Xerneas can release it and Yveltal can absorb it.

There is no Yggdrasil in Pokémon.
    As far as we know lol there was no Distortion world either when pokemon came out. =P
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post
    As far as we know lol there was no Distortion world either when pokemon came out. =P
    Kind of hard to hide a giant tree

There is no implication that there's a Yggdrasil or an equivalent involved with this trio, much less that Xerneas was supposed to serve as its counterpart as they share no common similarities in terms of role or otherwise.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I... what?
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I don't know if this exactly the right thread for this but is anyone else curious why they put so much into the whole Rhyhorn Racing thing even putting a track (I assume is for Rhyhorn Racing) on route 22 but we never see one let alone participate in one?
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy to I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 30 days to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Hi. Not sure it this is the right place to ask. Just thought about it and need some help. I need a Shaymin to complete my pokedex in X. I still need a few pokemon. Is there some way I can get Shaymin (preferably in Platinum (then I'll move it over)), because all the events are done. Or, is there someone who has 2 and willing to trade for something I have? Or (not sure if possible) breed for me? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    I don't know if this exactly the right thread for this but is anyone else curious why they put so much into the whole Rhyhorn Racing thing even putting a track (I assume is for Rhyhorn Racing) on route 22 but we never see one let alone participate in one?
    Probably a minigame in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticfoxx View Post
    Hi. Not sure it this is the right place to ask. Just thought about it and need some help. I need a Shaymin to complete my pokedex in X. I still need a few pokemon. Is there some way I can get Shaymin (preferably in Platinum (then I'll move it over)), because all the events are done. Or, is there someone who has 2 and willing to trade for something I have? Or (not sure if possible) breed for me? Thanks
    Ask around at the Gen 6 Trade Forum. Also, try GTS.
    Shaymin is an Event Legendary and cannot be bred, so people might ask for a different legendary or a rare Pokemon in exchange.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Probably a minigame in the future.
    That was my guess too. But Why drop hints and mention so much in the games it doesn't appear? Sure our mother was a Rhyhorn Racer but that takes maybe 1 or 2 mentions. I am just curious as to why they mentioned it so much.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy to I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 30 days to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    That was my guess too. But Why drop hints and mention so much in the games it doesn't appear? Sure our mother was a Rhyhorn Racer but that takes maybe 1 or 2 mentions. I am just curious as to why they mentioned it so much.
    Probably to give your mother in game some backstory perhaps. Although I agree with your point with the track, it's really weird. I would love it if we could do Rhyhorn races in game.

Kalos timeline / the truths and ideals behind the story - Part 1

I have my own deep theories behind what really happened. And I tend to believe what makes sense and not what Gamefreak want us to believe. (Stuff like f. ex. Kyurem's Meteor is just not explainable.) But back to Kalos. I hope I can hold this short enough... And again: These are my theories. Feel free to crush them if you have proof!
    But I can't post threads so I will write some kind series because I have very much to say!

3000 years ago / The war and AZ' true feelings

Lets start with the facts: Two countries are in a war and kalos is one of them. The kalos army took AZ' floette and it died. AZ build the weapon and captured a legendary pokemon to revive floette. Now.. How many years have passed after this point? 10 years? 20 years? How much time would AZ need to build and activate this weapon..? Who knows, but my point is:
    It was war, and AZ managed to build a gigantic weapon in Geoseng Town and no one noticed.

Geosenge Town was NOT and strategic important town in this war!!

But isn't this strange? Let me ask you another question: Two gigantic armies of both countries clashed on route 10 right after AZ revived floette. Why?!
    It's simple. The armies finally realized the existence of this weapon and they came to 1) destroy it because they feared it's power OR more likely 2) they want to use it to destroy the other country. So how would AZ feel about this? He could have had emotions like anger, because the armies wanted to destroy / take the weapon after he put so much effort into it.
    Or was it fear? Because he knows he had to do something or many many more innocent people will die.

So of course he had only 2 options left: Wipe out both enemies / or destroy the weapon.
    I don't think he could, or wanted to decide. So he made a gamble: Lure both enemies to route 10 and fire the weapon. If the weapon works and if the coordinates are 100% correct, both armies would be annihilated. If not.. the Energybeam could have destroyed the weapon and AZ after a small miscalculation.

So what does this change? First of all.. it changes how we see AZ. He was not like some kind of Angel of Revenge who murdered countless beings to end this war. AZ had no other choice.
    He did this because it was the only right thing to do to. He is a hero and his regrets are not justified. But it seems like floette could not understand what happened... It left and AZ became desperate. So this was pretty much the saddest and long-lasting misunderstanding in the history of mankind.
    (Let me answer one last question: Where did the second army came from? They must have passed the weapon the clash with the kalos army on route 10. Well, the weapon was underground, of course.)

So thank you for your attention guys. I hope you liked my first kalos-headcan(n)on. Perhaps you think this is more believable, or maybe you want to stick with the official version. And no, I don't blame the writers or something. The lore could be just a little bit incorrect, don't you think? It happened 3000 years ago after all. So, thank you for reading! Until next time. A tale with the title: AZ' adventure around the world! (Pleasedontbetltr^^')
    Last edited by Pokemonspecialgerman; 4th May 2014 at 10:19 PM.
    My dshini page:
    http://www.dshini.net/de/spage/851ea...1-a064185c8567
    Recently played Koihime Musou and it was kinda like..the best thing ever. So I really want the sequel. So if you are an adult and if like visual novels..if you can, please support the official translation group: http://forums.fuwanovel.org/index.ph...ment-and-news/

The team rocket motto sentences hint to evil teams
    http://andynemo.tumblr.com/post/6496...much-sense-now

Their last two sentences:
    Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!

Read more: Pokemon - Team Rocket's Motto Lyrics | MetroLyrics
    Surrender now, or prepare to fight!

What if their last sentence : surrender now or prepare to fight hints to the war?
    and maybe an upcoming war? Maybe an evil team that makes it so there is war?
    Maybe there are only 2 gens left o,o

This is only speculation though so no hate please ^^

Team rocket had already foreshadowed every game till black and white. with the : gold,silver,platinum,black and white when they were undersea
    Last edited by Bariokie; 5th May 2014 at 3:58 PM.

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

After reading all the ghost girl posts, I tried it myself. I decided to test a couple theories as well.

First, having Rotom in your party does nothing.

Second, I tried putting Dusknoir in my party since he's the undertaker or whatever.

This also did nothing.

So there's that.
    3DS Friend Code: 4871-4508-1834
    Friend Safari is Ice Type

ISN'T GARCHOMP JUST THE CUTEST LITTLE THING?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    The team rocket motto sentences hint to evil teams
    http://andynemo.tumblr.com/post/6496...much-sense-now

Their last two sentences:
    Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!

Read more: Pokemon - Team Rocket's Motto Lyrics | MetroLyrics
    Surrender now, or prepare to fight!

What if their last sentence : surrender now or prepare to fight hints to the war?
    and maybe an upcoming war? Maybe an evil team that makes it so there is war?
    Maybe there are only 2 gens left o,o

This is only speculation though so no hate please ^^

Team rocket had already foreshadowed every game till black and white. with the : gold,silver,platinum,black and white when they were undersea
    Leaving aside the obvious point of anime=/=games, that version of the motto is dub-only; the words and meaning are rather different in the original.

Needless to say, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post

Zygarde must some underground guardian that maintains balance whatever that means in the Kalos landmass.
    In case you were looking for what inspired their designs...

In Norse Mythology, the tree Yggdrasil has a number of myths and mythological creatures associated with it.

Xerneas may be inspired by the four deer of Norse Mythology, who eat among the branches of the world tree.
    Yveltal may be inspired by the hawk that sits between the eyes of the eagle that perches itself on the world tree. (Yveltal's design even resembles the art depicting these birds.)
    Zygarde may be inspired by the giant serpent-worm-dragon-thing that gnaws away at the roots of the world tree.

Since XY contains the themes of life and death, it makes sense that the three legendary Pokemon would all be associated with massive tree of myth that supports all nine worlds in Norse Mythology. It's fitting that Norse Mythology would be used here at all, considering the tale of Ragnarok is a tale of destruction and rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    That got me thinking... Xerneas has four pairs of antlers... four deers indeed.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

In Norse Mythology, the tree Yggdrasil has a number of myths and mythological creatures associated with it.

Xerneas may be inspired by the four deer of Norse Mythology, who eat among the branches of the world tree.
    Yveltal may be inspired by the hawk that sits between the eyes of the eagle that perches itself on the world tree. (Yveltal's design even resembles the art depicting these birds.)
    Zygarde may be inspired by the giant serpent-worm-dragon-thing that gnaws away at the roots of the world tree.

Since XY contains the themes of life and death, it makes sense that the three legendary Pokemon would all be associated with massive tree of myth that supports all nine worlds in Norse Mythology. It's fitting that Norse Mythology would be used here at all, considering the tale of Ragnarok is a tale of destruction and rebirth.
    Exactly. The three main legends of Kalos were based on the four deers, the eagle and the serpent of the Norse mythology. Really liked how GF made X/Y theme to be the life/death theme. Really enjoyed it.

Except a large problem with that theory is that when you take the animals out of the equation (which aren't exactly uncommon in mythology), they have nothing in common with the creatures from Norse mythology. As far as we can tell, there's no Yggdrasil or an equivalent that ties the trio together, elements of the characters like Nighogg's destructive nature and the hawk holding the dark secrets of the world are completely absent from their counterparts and the theme of duality between yveltal and xerneas was never present in their supposed precursors. There's little to go off of to support the theory at this point in time.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 6th May 2014 at 3:27 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    That got me thinking... Xerneas has four pairs of antlers... four deers indeed.
    Well, I mean, sure, but then we have that whole "six spikes, six stripes, six streamers" thing with Giratina who doesn't even vaguely resemble the Beast.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Hmmm, Kalos doesn't have a set trio of the region. Only hidden legends and Legends. What if they trio were the bringers of peace or something. Something in the middle of life and death...
    Claimed Braviary and Masamune Date
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs

http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fxoMMXheNpI

This is the Lumiose Press Editor solved.
    I also saw another video which showed what happens when you get Diance from... the event lady in the Pokémon Center.
    I can't seem to find the video though.
    Lucario was my favourite Pokémon.
    Then it gained dreadlocks.
    Now my favourite is Mega Lucario.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    3DS Friend Code: 1865-0387-3074

Can somebody please check my Friend Safari?

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast