Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 570

Thread: Kalos Region Mysteries

  1. #426
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonfan100 View Post
    I think that that big crystal in anister city will have a big plot point in pokemon z/x2/y2
    Could be. We know that it is somehow related to Mega Evolution, although since Mega Evolution will also be a big factor in the plot of ORAS, who knows? Maybe that matter will be revisited even sooner.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  2. #427
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    in reflection cave, theres a giant rainbow circle deeper in, wtf is it?

  3. #428
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    AZ USA
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokerpoker View Post
    in reflection cave, theres a giant rainbow circle deeper in, what is it?
    You find one of the mega stones there after you defeated the E4.
    LLR

    P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.


    My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

  4. #429
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    You know, it's a small thing, and I'm not even sure that very many others have noticed it because I can't find talk of it anywhere, but I have always wondered if there was more to the version-exclusive design of the Ultimate Weapon. In X, the style of the "flower" is a blue orb, but in Y, it is a red spire. It seems a very arbitrary thing to design differently for either game if it serves no purpose. I mean, the greenhouses/soil patches in Mistralton at least emphasized the difference in cultural values between the two versions of Unova.
    Last edited by Endolise; 17th June 2014 at 2:52 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  5. #430
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Personally I found those ghost girls really creepy and odd. They didn't really play a role in the game, and those notes left by the Lumiose girl was scary as well. Maybe they'll play a role in the ORAS games. I doubt GameFreak would input them for no reason.
    FORMER Fairy Gym Leader
    Alvar Badge
    Elve Badge
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) FairyWitch(userbar)

  6. #431
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Azalea Town
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylpheon View Post
    Personally I found those ghost girls really creepy and odd. They didn't really play a role in the game, and those notes left by the Lumiose girl was scary as well. Maybe they'll play a role in the ORAS games. I doubt GameFreak would input them for no reason.
    I read somewhere that their purpose is for the Hoopa event, but that is not confirmed.

    I love to breed Pokémon! If you have a request, PM me. I'll breed you a Pokémon that you request!

    Current National Dex Status: 511/718
    "The only woman I'm pimping is sweet lady propane, and I'm tricking her out all over this town!"
    † Praise Him!†
    Profile Pic by Aminella of DeviantArt, Other pics from PMD Wikia

  7. #432
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cinderkitteh View Post
    I read somewhere that their purpose is for the Hoopa event, but that is not confirmed.
    It's not. The Hoopa event is you talking to some guy at Parfum Palace, and he tells you some facts and stories about Hoopa.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  8. #433
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    14

    Default

    There's also the missing editor in Lumiose press who leaves a note saying she's gone to the mountains looking for a legendary pokemon, the only place a legendary is where trainers are is Terminus cave but the editor isn't there, my guess is he/she is after Volcanion
    Friend safari hunting! Can't wait for Omega Ruby and Alpha sapphire!
    P.S. Looking for Kalos shinies, Tyranitarite and HA Garchomp and 6IV ditto
    Friend safari poison unknown pokemon.
    My profile picture is a trainer sprite I made myself which fits how I really like the ground type and will specialise i it in my gym/base in OR.
    Friend safari hunting.
    PM me with friend code and name.

  9. #434

    Default

    Yes. Bring an event Volcanion to the Lumiose Press office and you'll find the editor has returned. She'll tell you about how her research led her to tales of Volcanion shaping the land with its power and that's about it.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  10. #435
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koolacea View Post
    There's also the missing editor in Lumiose press who leaves a note saying she's gone to the mountains looking for a legendary pokemon, the only place a legendary is where trainers are is Terminus cave but the editor isn't there, my guess is he/she is after Volcanion
    Not a Legendary Pokémon, but rather, a Mythical Pokémon (which is a term reserved for event Pokémon). At any rate, it is indeed Volcanion as BCVM22 explained.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  11. #436
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    So, Gen 6 has left us with a lot of mysteries. From Pokémon #719-721, to locked doors, to creepy ghost girls that move without walking, the Kalos region, in my opinion, still has a lot to be discovered.

    A disappointing number of new pokemon, and a lackluster post game is why I think that something big going to happen soon in the pokemon world.

    Some weird things I have found in the games:

    1. Parfum Palace's garden has the Reshiram and Zekrom statues, and the gardens look like certain things...

    2. The Spooky House. What was the point of this place? It didn't have any relevance, but it was there.

    3. The Power Plant is still locked. There are 4 buildings, only 1 of which was accessed during the game. Could these house the three new legendary pokemon. Volcanion certainly looks like a steam generator, only helped by the Water-Fire dual typing.

    4. The train stations that lead to nowhere. Will these be used? Also, there is a mysterious message on the back of one of the turntables

    5. The Strange Souvenir and the new region the hiker promises. It looks like an Easter Island head...new region is based off South America?

    6. The creepy girls in Lumiose, the building next to the Galette Stand on 2F and 4F in Hotel Richissime

    7. There was a scientist in one of the cities that said humans could turn into pokemon. Is Lysandre still around somewhere?


    Feel free to discuss anything else mysterious you found in these games!
    Actually in regards to Number 6, it kind of reminds me of an event from Diamond Pearl and Platinum so I've got a question. Has anyone taken a Cresselia up to that Demonic, ghost chick?

    As for Number 1, presumably if it does have relevance to an event I suspect in order to trigger it the Players party will need to be empty except for the Pokemon shown (Solrock, Pyroar & I forget the other 2).

    The Power Plant is the one that intrigues me because much like a lot of Pallettes in the game it reminds me of RealGam tower from Pokemon XD and Colosseum.

    ^_^ Exciting prospects.

  12. #437
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Carrion Isle
    Posts
    738

    Default

    OK, I understand that people have figured out that when you get the event pokemon, you talk to this person and they say stuff about their legend. But what if there is more to it than we know? For example, we don't know how to get them in the first place. It wouldn't be a first if you had to go on some mission to get the legend. So maybe those weird girls do play a role...

  13. #438
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King Infernape the III View Post
    OK, I understand that people have figured out that when you get the event pokemon, you talk to this person and they say stuff about their legend. But what if there is more to it than we know? For example, we don't know how to get them in the first place. It wouldn't be a first if you had to go on some mission to get the legend. So maybe those weird girls do play a role...
    Yeah that's what I'm saying. Someone capture the Cresselia from Black/White 2 (whose story is exactly like who this girl looks like and seems to resemble) and Darkrai who also upon meeting the player in Platinum disguises himself as a really weird and cryptic human before doing that dark flash thing this girl does.

    As for the Parfum mystery if there is one you're most likely going to find clues by talking to the NPC's and trainers in the area. Mind you I suppose like the Regi puzzle it could be something as stupid as the ability to read braille.

  14. #439
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Actually in regards to Number 6, it kind of reminds me of an event from Diamond Pearl and Platinum so I've got a question. Has anyone taken a Cresselia up to that Demonic, ghost chick?
    You are free to try, but I highly doubt that you will find anything.

    In fact, I tell you what. I will try it myself later today, and I will report on any findings.

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    As for Number 1, presumably if it does have relevance to an event I suspect in order to trigger it the Players party will need to be empty except for the Pokemon shown (Solrock, Pyroar & I forget the other 2).
    One of the hedge mazes resembles a Chandelure, but the other is not designed to look like a Pokémon and is instead a generic maze.

    Quote Originally Posted by King Infernape the III View Post
    OK, I understand that people have figured out that when you get the event pokemon, you talk to this person and they say stuff about their legend. But what if there is more to it than we know? For example, we don't know how to get them in the first place. It wouldn't be a first if you had to go on some mission to get the legend. So maybe those weird girls do play a role...
    You obtain them through Mystery Event downloads as per the usual method, and we know that because of how the events were hacked in (there exists a device which can simulate Mystery Gift events). If an item were required to unlock the event in the game as per the old method, then the hackers who uncovered these events would have reported it as such.

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    (whose story is exactly like who this girl looks like and seems to resemble)
    The two stories are nothing alike. For one thing, we do not even know for certain that the Hex Maniac in Lumiose is, in fact, a ghost. And for two, she has nothing of a "story" anyway; she appears for all of five seconds and says a cryptic line before vanishing. The girl who appeared on the Marvelous Bridge has a full story behind her; in life, she was afflicted with violent nightmares by a Darkrai, and the attempt to cure her with a Lunar Wing failed. She perished, and now she haunts the nearby Marvelous Bridge as well (which is where Cresselia can be summoned to with the Lunar Wing that you find in the strange House).
    Last edited by Endolise; 24th June 2014 at 7:44 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  15. #440
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    You are free to try, but I highly doubt that you will find anything.



    One of the hedge mazes resembles a Chandelure, but the other is not designed to look like a Pokémon and is instead a generic maze.



    You obtain them through Mystery Event downloads as per the usual method, and we know that because of how the events were hacked in (there exists a device which can simulate Mystery Gift events). If an item were required to unlock the event in the game as per the old method, then the hackers who uncovered these events would have reported it as such.



    The two stories are nothing alike. For one thing, we do not even know for certain that the Hex Maniac in Lumiose is, in fact, a ghost. And for two, she has nothing of a "story" anyway; she appears for all of five seconds and says a cryptic line before vanishing. The girl who appeared on the Marvelous Bridge has a full story behind her; in life, she was afflicted with violent nightmares by a Darkrai, and the attempt to cure her with a Lunar Wing failed. She perished, and now she haunts the nearby Marvelous Bridge as well (which is where Cresselia can be summoned to with the Lunar Wing that you find in the strange House).
    The girl on Marvelous Bridge was precisely the same thing in Black and White...nothing but a one liner who disappeared. In the following game her story was revealed but what's odd is no-one questioned her presence in the first game despite it being cryptic and mysterious with absolutely no reasoning as they are with this Hex Maniac.

    There are enough similarities between the ties and MO's of those 2 particular stories and and Darkrai's style that it's a possibility that cannot be ruled out. To be fair the dude in the Canalav Inn wasn't specified as a Ghost either but clearly whatever/whoever it is has some kind of power or ability in her case to levitate since she doesn't move at all. As for the castle to be honest it doesn't strike me as spectacular or even likely to have an event it looks like Whitney's gym...which turned out to be completely inconsequencial to any story at all.

  16. #441
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    The girl on Marvelous Bridge was precisely the same thing in Black and White...nothing but a one liner who disappeared. In the following game her story was revealed but what's odd is no-one questioned her presence in the first game despite it being cryptic and mysterious with absolutely no reasoning as they are with this Hex Maniac.

    There are enough similarities between the ties and MO's of those 2 particular stories and and Darkrai's style that it's a possibility that cannot be ruled out.
    "Enough similarities"? There is but one, and it is what you already pointed out, which, if anything, simply makes me think that they plan to build onto it in Z, not that it has any relevance to an extremely minor sub-plot in B2W2 which not every XY player may have participated in or even noticed.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  17. #442
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    "Enough similarities"? There is but one, and it is what you already pointed out, which, if anything, simply makes me think that they plan to build onto it in Z, not that it has any relevance to an extremely minor sub-plot in B2W2 which not every XY player may have participated in or even noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    "Enough similarities"? There is but one, and it is what you already pointed out, which, if anything, simply makes me think that they plan to build onto it in Z, not that it has any relevance to an extremely minor sub-plot in B2W2 which not every XY player may have participated in or even noticed.
    Similarities within the contrast yes. IF I'm right this wouldn't be the first time Darkrai had anticipated the arrival of the player by disguising itself as a human (It did the same thing in D/P/Pt & PMD by disguising itself as Cressellia). The way she moves by floating silently is remnant of both Darkrai and Cresselia and the Dark flash that occur before her appearance most often occurs when the player is drawn into a nightmare and granted those are far from Iron Clad it's enough to raise the possibility. The flash has also been related to Gengar & Dusknoir as well but the way this is set up I'm calling it as a pretty good theory.

    I'll admit it is mainly speculation and could easily be wrong but I'm okay with it. It's certainly more well structured than the idea Cloyster is a dead Gastly, Voltorb is Haunter posessing a Pokeball and Gengar is Clefables shadow and Porygon is actually a digimon (the last one made me chuckle to be fair).

  18. #443
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hoenn, Battle Resort
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Similarities within the contrast yes. IF I'm right this wouldn't be the first time Darkrai had anticipated the arrival of the player by disguising itself as a human (It did the same thing in D/P/Pt & PMD by disguising itself as Cressellia). The way she moves by floating silently is remnant of both Darkrai and Cresselia and the Dark flash that occur before her appearance most often occurs when the player is drawn into a nightmare and granted those are far from Iron Clad it's enough to raise the possibility. The flash has also been related to Gengar & Dusknoir as well but the way this is set up I'm calling it as a pretty good theory.

    I'll admit it is mainly speculation and could easily be wrong but I'm okay with it. It's certainly more well structured than the idea Cloyster is a dead Gastly, Voltorb is Haunter posessing a Pokeball and Gengar is Clefables shadow and Porygon is actually a digimon (the last one made me chuckle to be fair).
    How it's possible for a Gastly to die? I don't get this at all.

  19. #444
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    How it's possible for a Gastly to die? I don't get this at all.
    My bad...inverse.

  20. #445
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Similarities within the contrast yes. IF I'm right this wouldn't be the first time Darkrai had anticipated the arrival of the player by disguising itself as a human (It did the same thing in D/P/Pt & PMD by disguising itself as Cressellia). The way she moves by floating silently is remnant of both Darkrai and Cresselia and the Dark flash that occur before her appearance most often occurs when the player is drawn into a nightmare and granted those are far from Iron Clad it's enough to raise the possibility. The flash has also been related to Gengar & Dusknoir as well but the way this is set up I'm calling it as a pretty good theory.

    I'll admit it is mainly speculation and could easily be wrong but I'm okay with it. It's certainly more well structured than the idea Cloyster is a dead Gastly, Voltorb is Haunter posessing a Pokeball and Gengar is Clefables shadow and Porygon is actually a digimon (the last one made me chuckle to be fair).
    Well, at any rate, here you go, as promised:

        Spoiler:


    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    How it's possible for a Gastly to die? I don't get this at all.
    Gastly aren't actual ghosts. They are living beings that merely resemble ghosts.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  21. #446
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I think i found a link between the Strange Souvenir!
    It resembles a Tiki Head which are found in South America.
    France (Kalos) has a remote region known as French Guiana.
    French Guiana is next to Suriname.
    Suriname is next to Guyana.
    Mew was found in Guyana. Mewtwo was found in Kalos.
    French Guiana has a Space Station that resembles the Kalos Power Plant from the outside.
    The OR/AS games have Mossdeep Space Station in.
    Emerald has Faraway Island...could OR/AS have it too?
    Faraway Island is SAID TO HAVE be near Guyana while Guyana is NEAR SURINAME/FRENCH GUIANA.

    Could i have figured it out?

  22. #447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SodaDog View Post
    Could i have figured it out?
    You put together a series of conjectures and vaguely connected leaps in logic. A for effort, but nothing has been "figured out".

    The Hiker and the item's flavor text seem to make it pretty clear, on the surface at least, that the Souvenir has nothing to do with any of the known six regions.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  23. #448
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Seems like game freak/Nintendo likes to put in secrets like these- lavender town, old chateau in platinum, ghosts in heartgold and these in x and y and not to mention all the creepy pokedex entries

  24. #449
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    You know, it's a small thing, and I'm not even sure that very many others have noticed it because I can't find talk of it anywhere, but I have always wondered if there was more to the version-exclusive design of the Ultimate Weapon. In X, the style of the "flower" is a blue orb, but in Y, it is a red spire. It seems a very arbitrary thing to design differently for either game if it serves no purpose. I mean, the greenhouses/soil patches in Mistralton at least emphasized the difference in cultural values between the two versions of Unova.
    Yeah, not many noticed it. In fact most people at first didn't know you can take a pic in front of it

    I too wonder if it is actually a hint towards something in "the third version(s)".

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  25. #450
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Yeah, not many noticed it. In fact most people at first didn't know you can take a pic in front of it

    I too wonder if it is actually a hint towards something in "the third version(s)".
    A blue orb, a red spire, what's next? A green pyramid?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •