Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalos Region Mysteries

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    The mega stones are deliberately hard to find. They probably just chose locations that were out of the way, or places they didn't think people would return to. I doubt they have any actual connection to the stone.
    I strongly agree with this. I think some people are just really over-analyzing things and trying to make a connection when there actually aren't any.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Excitable Boy nailed the biggest mystery of the region; Zygarde's involvement with the mortality trio. Will it get a different form though... Will we see another fusion? Will it be a different typing? Does it change it's iconic yet simple visage? WILL IT BECOME PART POISON (!) These are questions that need answers! Game Freak definitely left a lot of subtlety this time around, similar to what they did with Giratina until Platinum.

God I miss Platinum! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つPRAISE HELIX༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I want to know why the o power guy is so...creepy and you know..

1. He hides in the corner facing the wall of the pokecenter
    2. You meet him in a hotel by the bed
    3. His name is mr bonding

He likes to bond with little 10 year olds?
    I mean...really...?
    I left this site.
    They gave me an infraction for "cheat codes, discussion".
    I wasnt even talking about cheat codes or anything.
    Its outrageous.
    All I put was that I saw a passerby with hacked shiny legendaries.
    How silly and immature is this site.
    Lmfao.

In terms of mysteries, I'd mostly like to see what's up with some of the regions of the map that are explorable for no real substantial purpose. And also something to bring Zygarde into the mix reasonably. His story was left off strangely.

I'd like to see something completely original with Zygarde. Giratina had an alternate form in Gen 4, Kyurem had 2 fusion "forms" in Gen 5, maybe Zygarde could get a mega stone. 2, even? Poison-Ground to counter Xerneas, then Dragon-Stone to counter Yveltal. Right now, Zygarde gets hit super-effectively by Xerneas and some of his attacks can be avoided by Yveltal. Mega stones would be a Kalos-relevant way to fix that, however (extremely) unlikely.
    Last edited by PearlDex; 12th March 2014 at 8:48 PM.

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    Excitable Boy nailed the biggest mystery of the region; Zygarde's involvement with the mortality trio. Will it get a different form though... Will we see another fusion? Will it be a different typing? Does it change it's iconic yet simple visage? WILL IT BECOME PART POISON (!) These are questions that need answers! Game Freak definitely left a lot of subtlety this time around, similar to what they did with Giratina until Platinum.

God I miss Platinum! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つPRAISE HELIX༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    The Mortality Trio? Is that really officially unofficial group name? I don't have a problem, it's just the first time I heard this term

Anyway, there have been a few things about the Kalos region I've been wondering about:
    • Zygarde's invlovement with Xerneas and Yveltal
    • Information about Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa in general
    • More information on how the mega stones tie in with when the Ultimate Weapon was used the first time

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    The Mortality Trio? Is that really officially unofficial group name? I don't have a problem, it's just the first time I heard this term
    Yeah pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    More information on how the mega stones tie in with when the Ultimate Weapon was used the first time
    Well, essentially, the first use of the weapon 3000 years ago was what caused the Mega Stones to form, because various stones, probably Evolutionary Stones, were irradiated by the blast from the weapon, which was channeling the energies of Xerneas/Yveltal. And that's all there is to it.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Yeah pretty much.

Well, essentially, the first use of the weapon 3000 years ago was what caused the Mega Stones to form, because various stones, probably Evolutionary Stones, were irradiated by the blast from the weapon, which was channeling the energies of Xerneas/Yveltal. And that's all there is to it.
    Althoughh that begs the question on the Mewtwonites were formed.
    But of course it could just be that when Mewtwo was engineered they were a by-product, similar to theBerserk Gene.

But eh, Mewtwo in itself is an anomaly so.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    But of course it could just be that when Mewtwo was engineered they were a by-product, similar to theBerserk Gene.

More like a major plot hole. You could believe there is more Mewtwos in the world but if the mega stones were created in the war, those two shouldn't exist (and notice how the movie that Mega Mewtwo Y was in didn't bother to explain the forme change without the stone).

Unless they're going to come up with a "the stones were always there, it just required a special Pokémon to react to it". cop-out.

My other issue with the Mega Stones is that if "Mega Evolution cannot be achieved if there is not a strong bond between Trainer and Pokémon." how come Pokémon I've not used before can Mega Evolve? They really should have thought that one through and had it match with the friendliness.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    More like a major plot hole. You could believe there is more Mewtwos in the world but if the mega stones were created in the war, those two shouldn't exist (and notice how the movie that Mega Mewtwo Y was in didn't bother to explain the forme change without the stone).

Unless they're going to come up with a "the stones were always there, it just required a special Pokémon to react to it". cop-out.
    Well, there are two possibilities that I can think of; one is that the scientists who created Mewtwo were aware of the Mega Stones and decided to artificially engineer Mega Stones for Mewtwo by using a different Mega Stone as a base, or that indeed, those Stones were warped by the weapon in such a way that they jut happen to align with Mewtwo's altered genetic code.

My other issue with the Mega Stones is that if "Mega Evolution cannot be achieved if there is not a strong bond between Trainer and Pokémon." how come Pokémon I've not used before can Mega Evolve? They really should have thought that one through and had it match with the friendliness.
    This one's easy. :P http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...orySegregation
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

@ Endolise. My lizard spits fire. Your argument is invalid! /joking
    (Also, I love tvtropes.com too. So glad such a place exists on the net.)

But seriously, nothing about Mewtwo makes sense. It was acknowledged officially in the Pokedex before Mew was even officially revealed, it was created from Mew's cells in a Rocket lab but we always find it in caves nowhere near areas that have Team Rocket (and over Wi-Fi), it's M-Evo is Spermtwo, the fact that it even HAS Mega Stone compatibility, it's physiologically imposing hip-ratio to waistline, the anomalies are endless.
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by But seriously, nothing about Mewtwo makes sense. It was acknowledged officially in the Pokedex [I
    before[/I] Mew was even officially revealed
    So true. If they knew about mew to make Mewtwo, why is mew after mewtwo? It has to be made before it's cloned, not after. Or maybe Mew was a team rocket secret, so they never told prof. oak.

Wasn't it explained as they didn't think any Mews existed or something?
    Pokémon in My Safari:

I'd imagine Mewtwo comes before Mew for the same reason Bulbasaur isn't historically the first known Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

I remember in a chapter of the manga where green(english version) and red are hunting down mew. Red thinks there are 150, while green corrects him by saying mew is the 151st. That means mew was undiscovered at the time, and one of the 150 pokemon red knew was Mewtwo. Keep in mind that Red hadn't met Mewtwo yet or even knew much about it, but he, and just about every person besides green and Team Rocket, thought of Mewtwo without knowing Mew.
    Funny thing is, when Red finally meets Mewtwo and "catches" it, he never stopped to think why the clone was recognized before the original.
    But here we are, talking about Mewtwo, when this is a Kalos mystery thread.
    So another mystery for y'all.

Why were Articuno and the other birds put into the game without a reason? Are they going to play a part or not? If so, how would you speculate?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenblaze View Post
    So true. If they knew about mew to make Mewtwo, why is mew after mewtwo? It has to be made before it's cloned, not after. Or maybe Mew was a team rocket secret, so they never told prof. oak.
    Except Blaine and Mr. Fuji created Mewtwo.

Anyway it's the same reason why Pokémon that live underwater don't existin theUnova Dex; the Pokédex has tons of disrepancies even in listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenblaze View Post

Why were Articuno and the other birds put into the game without a reason? Are they going to play a part or not? If so, how would you speculate?
    That was just the most odd addition for me to the game

But seriously, nothing about Mewtwo makes sense. It was acknowledged officially in the Pokedex before Mew was even officially revealed, it was created from Mew's cells in a Rocket lab but we always find it in caves nowhere near areas that have Team Rocket (and over Wi-Fi), it's M-Evo is Spermtwo, the fact that it even HAS Mega Stone compatibility, it's physiologically imposing hip-ratio to waistline, the anomalies are endless.
    Just because team rocket created A mewtwo, doesn't mean that that is the only way to get a mewtwo. Who knows, maybe a Mew exposed to the ultimate weapon during the war 3000 years ago made it mutate into Mewtwo. That would also explain the mega stones, because iirc the weapon had something to do with those aswell
    Friend Code 2234 - 8536 - 6702
    Friend Safari is ground with Dugtrio, Trapinch, Palpitoad

Current shiny hunt: Ralts MM breeding, 100+ eggs atm

Quote Originally Posted by Horn of Valmar View Post
    Just because team rocket created A mewtwo, doesn't mean that that is the only way to get a mewtwo. Who knows, maybe a Mew exposed to the ultimate weapon during the war 3000 years ago made it mutate into Mewtwo. That would also explain the mega stones, because iirc the weapon had something to do with those aswell
    Um, hello, Team Rocket wasn't involved at all with Mew or Mewtwo, Blaine and Mr. Fuji engineered Mewtwo.

Yes, the Mega Stones were a by-product of the Ultimate Machine, but I find it more plausible that either they were altered alongside Mewtwo, originally being Mewites or the such, were a simple by-product of Mewtwo's creation, similar to the Berserk Gene, or were, like Hexin' Wishes said, happened to have the same genetic make-up as Mewtwo.

Um, hello, Team Rocket wasn't involved at all with Mew or Mewtwo, Blaine and Mr. Fuji engineered Mewtwo.
    I don't remember much about it, just that team rocket hired scientist to create mewtwo. Well, that is in the first movie, if that's different from in the game then I'm wrong
    Friend Code 2234 - 8536 - 6702
    Friend Safari is ground with Dugtrio, Trapinch, Palpitoad

Current shiny hunt: Ralts MM breeding, 100+ eggs atm

Quote Originally Posted by Horn of Valmar View Post
    I don't remember much about it, just that team rocket hired scientist to create mewtwo. Well, that is in the first movie, if that's different from in the game then I'm wrong
    Game=/=Animé.

Nothing of the sort happens in the Game, and the only Pokémon Team Rocket were involved with in any single way (except the ones they used like Zubat etc.) were Cubone, due to the death of Marowak, and the Game Corner Prizes, due to the Game Corner being run by Team Rocket.

All we know about ?mewtwo's creation is that Mew gave birth to it, Mr. Fuji and Blaine were involved, and that the Berserk Gene was a by-product.

All we know about ?mewtwo's creation is that Mew gave birth to it, Mr. Fuji and Blaine were involved, and that the Berserk Gene was a by-product.
    But it's RB dex entry is:
    It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments.
    and all future gens follow suit thus it was not a natural birth for the (initial) Mewtwo at least.

I like the fact that it was dubbed "Mewtwo" even before they started tampering with it's DNA though. I do like the theories that the Mew that birthed Mewtwo was the one from Faraway Island.

Sidenote: Go hermaphrodite pokémon! Don't need anybody to make them have a baby.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Sidenote: Go hermaphrodite pokémon! Don't need anybody to make them have a baby.
    So close, except that "hermaphrodite Pokémon" don't exist because there's only male, female and genderless. (Genderless being a pretty vague blanket term.) BUT, if they were TRUE hermaphrodites, then they'd be a male and female, not genderless. Either that, or Game Freak is smart about avoiding potentially controversial socio-gender spectrums in video games.

My money's on the later.

But it's RB dex entry is:

and all future gens follow suit thus it was not a natural birth for the (initial) Mewtwo at least.

I like the fact that it was dubbed "Mewtwo" even before they started tampering with it's DNA though. I do like the theories that the Mew that birthed Mewtwo was the one from Faraway Island.

Yeah. A Dex Entry. Same source that claims Magikarp can Splash over mountains and that Magcargo is hotter than thesun.

So close, except that "hermaphrodite Pokémon" don't exist because there's only male, female and genderless. (Genderless being a pretty vague blanket term.) BUT, if they were TRUE hermaphrodites, then they'd be a male and female, not genderless. Either that, or Game Freak is smart about avoiding potentially controversial socio-gender spectrums in video games.

My money's on the later.
    *latter

And I was half-joking due the gender unknown egg group (which Mew is not part of) is called "Sex Unknown" in Japan.

Yeah. A Dex Entry. Same source that claims Magikarp can Splash over mountains and that Magcargo is hotter than thesun.
    There's a difference between exaggeration like those two and saying scientists tampered with a Pokémon.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Actually that seems the more logical conclusion, I don't see what's wrong with that.

It being the other way around would be a bit farfetched.
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast