Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalos Region Mysteries

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    - While not exactly a reference, Colress' research might have been Mega Evolution all along.
    Whoa. That's good, and could explain the one NPC on Route 10? that says "Colress told me these stones emit a special energy a few years back" or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbro223 View Post
    As for the Power Plant, I expect Volcanion and the Weather Trio.

One plant seems to converting magma to energy, representing Groudon. Another is a hydroelectric plant, representing Kyogre. The last has a windmill, representing Rayquaza. The fourth could house Volcanion. It's probably just a crazy theory though.
    A few pages back, there was a theory that the Power Plant would be like Whirl Islands, and only one of the doors led to Volcanion, because he is definitely related to energy, being a steam generator. I agree with this one. Stretching photosynthesis to relate to Volcanion seems difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    Whoa. That's good, and could explain the one NPC on Route 10? that says "Colress told me these stones emit a special energy a few years back" or something along those lines.
    It would make sense. We know that the subject of Colress' research was maximizing the hidden potential of Pokémon, which is exactly what Mega Evolution is according to Lysandre:

Lysandre: According to Professor Sycamore's research, Mega Evolution releases all of a Pokémon's hidden energy at once. The Pokémon then exhibits a level of power it could not attain through ordinary Evolution. What meaning can we draw from this? Do all people and Pokémon have such potential, or is it hidden within a chosen few?
    Interestingly, Mega Evolution confirms that Colress was kind of right after all:

Colress: Excuse me for repeating myself, but if it will make Pokémon stronger, I don't care what it takes! If interacting with Pokémon can increase their powers only to a certain point, then their full strength must be brought out using a scientific approach.
    The bond between an Trainer and their Pokémon is essential to the process of Mega Evolution, but Mega Evolution also has a scientific aspect in the form of the Mega Ring and the Mega Stones.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

in the story they said kalos had many wars against surround regions ( more than one ) so we might see more new regions in future or a 2 gen game like example germany and kalos .....there another train tracks that lead nowhere... one in couirway town and one in iluminouse city.... there a section that closed off in the city iswell like an old exit thats gated closed......

Quote Originally Posted by sheld999 View Post
    in the story they said kalos had many wars against surround regions ( more than one ) so we might see more new regions in future or a 2 gen game like example germany and kalos .....there another train tracks that lead nowhere... one in couirway town and one in iluminouse city.... there a section that closed off in the city iswell like an old exit thats gated closed......
    That steel gate at Lumiose City's North Boulevard is just a water gate. All else leads to surrounding routes (4, 5, 13, 14, 16).

As for TMV, both Kiloude and Lumiose have two tracks. Once can simply assume that both railways have the same destination (which is back and forth between these two cities). It just so happened that you can only ride one train. But of course, one can still argue that it may lead to somewhere else.

As for Couriway's train stop, it doesn't have any TMV pass scanner (those orange boxes). I think the train that passes through Couriway is not the TMV line.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropios View Post
    Actually that seems the more logical conclusion, I don't see what's wrong with that.

It being the other way around would be a bit farfetched.
    What I hoped for was that the original Mega Stones were formed from the pillars used on Route 10 when the original weapon was fired. The essence of the pokemon that were used to power it, entered the rocks' substance. New Mega Stones could be formed when Team Flare attached other pokemon to the rocks and reused the ultimate weapon.

Still doesn't account for Mewtwo, though I'd like to think that Mew was in Kalos when the ultimate weapon was launched 3000 years ago and thus that the rocks also work with Mewtwo and that humans just called them Mewtwonite X and Y. Though in my perspective, they should have worked with Mew as well with Mewtwo.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Going to add some of my own speculation. Sorry if any is inaccurate, I try my best, but sometimes I make mistakes!

To start off, throughout Kalos, they talk about that war with AZ. How did AZ even grow to be that tall and keep is identity a secret for so long? AZ was one of the most mysterious characters, I believe his past should of been explained a bit earlier in the game. He is a king that built a machine to revive a Pokemon. The game should had you collect maybe some of AZ's journal entries and you had to put the pieces together in the end. That would of been cool. Well, I got off topic a bit there. Back on topic, AZ's machine was almost launched again at the end of the game. What if it was shot out again? How would that affect Kalos?

Next thing I want to address is the war. I hope that GF mentions this war in there next game and then give us some more backround about it. I am super curious about the whole war. Who won? Why were they fighting? How brutal did it get? This interests me the most.

More speculation coming soon! :3
    Claimed Braviary, Masamune Date, and Pokemon Conquest
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    How did AZ even grow to be that tall and keep is identity a secret for so long?
    They already answered your first question in an interview, the Ultimate Weapon is what made him so tall.

Who won? Why were they fighting? How brutal did it get? This interests me the most.
    1. Presumably the side that had the Ultimate Weapon (I guess Kalos?).
    2. I'd like to know the answer to this as well, but if I had to guess, they were probably fighting over land.
    3. I doubt they'll go into more detail here because kid's game. But we know that Floette died during the war, so it was probably pretty brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

If they go a sequel route and it's in another region, I hope it's the region that lost the war to Kalos.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    If they go a sequel route and it's in another region, I hope it's the region that lost the war to Kalos.
    If they choose that route Japan would have a unique and first hand perspective on what loosing that kind of war would be like. Ultimate weapon was what the atomic bomb used to be referred to.
    LLR

P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

Quote Originally Posted by llr View Post
    If they choose that route Japan would have a unique and first hand perspective on what loosing that kind of war would be like. Ultimate weapon was what the atomic bomb used to be referred to.
    The possibility of an Oscar worthy plot is delicious but GameFreak would so never go there.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Who won? Why were they fighting? How brutal did it get?
    1. Nobody won. AZ slaughtered everyone with the weapon, and he felt tremendous regret for doing so.
    2. Probably land or politics or something.
    3. Quite, I would imagine. We know that it raged on for several years, and according to Masuda, it saw people trying to gather stronger and stronger Pokémon to use in the war. Given that this was a no-holds-barred conflict; all-out warfare, one can imagine that it escalated and became very bad.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    3. I doubt they'll go into more detail here because kid's game. But we know that Floette died during the war, so it was probably pretty brutal.
    Well......it's a Floette. They must have ran out of strong Pokemon if they even think about sending a Floette into a war.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Well......it's a Floette. They must have ran out of strong Pokemon if they even think about sending a Floette into a war.
    However, AZ's Floette is stronger than normal Floette. Storyline-wise, I'm guessing it's crazy strong.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    However, AZ's Floette is stronger than normal Floette. Storyline-wise, I'm guessing it's crazy strong.
    True, but we don't know if it was like that before or after its revival, it could've just been around a regular Floette's potential before that.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was A) a Draft and B) they consider all Pokémon strong.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    True, but we don't know if it was like that before or after its revival, it could've just been around a regular Floette's potential before that.
    Considering that in one of the shots Floette appeared to use a Move similar to Light of Ruin I would say it already had at least some capabilities of E-Floette.

Just because floette looks weak it doesnt mean it is.
    Its just a bad *** pokemon.
    I left this site.
    They gave me an infraction for "cheat codes, discussion".
    I wasnt even talking about cheat codes or anything.
    Its outrageous.
    All I put was that I saw a passerby with hacked shiny legendaries.
    How silly and immature is this site.
    Lmfao.

Haha, I actually forgot E-Floette has different base stats

Maybe Floette in the past is stronger than it is now? The radiation from the beam could have altered all Floette species, turning them weaker.

But eh, that would be a talk about Floette as a species, instead of specifically about E-Floette.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Hmmm. Has anyone here heard about the whole "Kalos being connected to Unova" thing? Cause I mean they line up together really well. Kalos could just be the top half. Like they did in 2nd gen!! Sorry if this has been brought up already. I just thought it might spark some ideas
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-2323-2566
    Friend Safari Type: Fighting w/

Quote Originally Posted by Sircharles View Post
    Hmmm. Has anyone here heard about the whole "Kalos being connected to Unova" thing? Cause I mean they line up together really well. Kalos could just be the top half. Like they did in 2nd gen!! Sorry if this has been brought up already. I just thought it might spark some ideas
    Considering the Pokémon regions are based on actual locations and seem to be connected as such, I don't see how that would work, really.

Quote Originally Posted by UnitRico View Post
    Considering the Pokémon regions are based on actual locations and seem to be connected as such, I don't see how that would work, really.
    I see what you mean. But at Parfum Palace there are those statues of Zekrom and Reshiram. Not only that there are a lot of Unova Pokemon roaming Kalos. It might be coincidence. But it'd be really awesome if they made another multi-region game.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-2323-2566
    Friend Safari Type: Fighting w/

I see what you mean. But at Parfum Palace there are those statues of Zekrom and Reshiram. Not only that there are a lot of Unova Pokemon roaming Kalos. It might be coincidence. But it'd be really awesome if they made another multi-region game.
    I'd say it's coincidence. Kalos has a lot of Pokémon from all other regions. My bet'd be that to the south, there's a Pokémon equivalent of the Iberian peninsula (I wonder how many people'd cry over how unimaginative the region would be if they ever were to make a game about that region...).

Those statues are just as relevant as how the Creation Orbs were in Dragonspiral Tower.

Really, the connection is minicule, and likely to just be yet another reference, similar to how Sinnoh (or Rowan, specifically) was mentioned like 25 times through the Game, Hoenn a few times, as well, etc.

I doubt they are connected, but I do wonder if the region Kaols was in a huge war with was Unova. Zekrom/Reshiram statues at Parfum Place do hint that Kalos and Unova were at least in contact in the past. Instead of Pokemon Z, we get B3W3!
    The timeframe wouldn't make sense (3,000 years is a bit of a stretch for our history) but it could be possible in the pokemon world. Also, the Americas and Europe have always been closely connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    I doubt they are connected, but I do wonder if the region Kaols was in a huge war with was Unova. Zekrom/Reshiram statues at Parfum Place do hint that Kalos and Unova were at least in contact in the past. Instead of Pokemon Z, we get B3W3!
    The timeframe wouldn't make sense (3,000 years is a bit of a stretch for our history) but it could be possible in the pokemon world. Also, the Americas and Europe have always been closely connected.
    no

I think the reason why Unova had some sort of prominence was because the world's first Mega Evolution happened on an Unovian person's Lucario that happened to travel to Kalos.
    Hence the Mega-Lucario statue in the Tower of Mastery.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast