Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 558

Thread: Kalos Region Mysteries

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Putting boobs on the ground
    Posts
    9,622

    Default

    Maybe the Kalosians fought a war against the Unovans 300 years ago, and seized the statues as prizes?

    That, or there are species of Zekrom and Reshiram that exist outside of Unova...

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Well, didn't Reshiram and Zekrom travel the world with their respective partners after they split up or something? Surely they would've been spotted in other places, then. I didn't play much of the fifth gen games, but didn't Reshiram and Zekrom stand for ideals and morals or something? Surely, they would've shown up in one of the wars that would've been waged around Kalos (assuming its history is kinda like France's).

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnitRico View Post
    Well, didn't Reshiram and Zekrom travel the world with their respective partners after they split up or something? Surely they would've been spotted in other places, then. I didn't play much of the fifth gen games, but didn't Reshiram and Zekrom stand for ideals and morals or something? Surely, they would've shown up in one of the wars that would've been waged around Kalos (assuming its history is kinda like France's).
    They represented Truths and Ideals respectively.

    Also, the Mega Lucario man from Unova may have simply erected the statues there from his memory, and eventually ended up in Parfum Palace.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Putting boobs on the ground
    Posts
    9,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnitRico View Post
    Well, didn't Reshiram and Zekrom travel the world with their respective partners after they split up or something?
    After they split and destroyed Unova, they reverted back into Stone form and weren't awakened until the events of BW.

    The statues are likely as old as Reshiram and Zekrom themselves, if only because no one had seen them since they split from the Original Dragon.

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,113

    Default

    Excitable Boy your signature has me stuck and unable to turn away.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    no

    I think the reason why Unova had some sort of prominence was because the world's first Mega Evolution happened on an Unovian person's Lucario that happened to travel to Kalos.
    Hence the Mega-Lucario statue in the Tower of Mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    They represented Truths and Ideals respectively.

    Also, the Mega Lucario man from Unova may have simply erected the statues there from his memory, and eventually ended up in Parfum Palace.
    Was he from Unova? I like that idea, but was the man's homeland confirmed somewhere?
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Was he from Unova? I like that idea, but was the man's homeland confirmed somewhere?
    It was confirmed around the Mega Evolution Arc (meaning from Geosense to Tower of Mastery) in XY by I think one of the NPCs in the Tower of Mastery.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    After they split and destroyed Unova, they reverted back into Stone form and weren't awakened until the events of BW.

    The statues are likely as old as Reshiram and Zekrom themselves, if only because no one had seen them since they split from the Original Dragon.
    Ah, right. In that case, I'd say either someone traveled with stories from Unova to Kalos, or more likely, it's simply an oversight from Game Freak themselves.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    It was confirmed around the Mega Evolution Arc (meaning from Geosense to Tower of Mastery) in XY by I think one of the NPCs in the Tower of Mastery.
    I went to check that, but nobody said anything about where he came from. There wasn't even a vague implication of his homeland being Unova. They just said that he came to Kalos a long, long time ago. *shrug*
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    I was thinking what if the sequel game or 3rd installment includes some off-the-map mini region basically like the battle zone in sinnoh that u get access to via the railroad in couriway town? my theory also stems from the fact that some npc in game mentions we will be seeing his home region very soon and that it isn't kanto johto hoenn sinnoh or unova. what an odd thing to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I hope that is the case as my first game was Emerald.

    With the Chamber of Emptiness I think it'll be like the Scorched Slab in RSE it was there but only to get Sunny Day.

    My theory is that the Lumiose Ghost Girl I think that she went to get help for the boy at that train station and the girl in Hotel Richesseme (sorry about the spelling) the usual place is the second floor of the building and the girl in Hotel Richesseme thought that that was the usual place.
    Lucario was my favourite Pokémon.
    Then it gained dreadlocks.
    Now my favourite is Mega Lucario.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    3DS Friend Code: 1865-0387-3074

    Can somebody please check my Friend Safari?

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    AZ USA
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    Going to add some of my own speculation. Sorry if any is inaccurate, I try my best, but sometimes I make mistakes!

    To start off, throughout Kalos, they talk about that war with AZ. How did AZ even grow to be that tall and keep is identity a secret for so long? AZ was one of the most mysterious characters, I believe his past should of been explained a bit earlier in the game. He is a king that built a machine to revive a Pokemon. The game should had you collect maybe some of AZ's journal entries and you had to put the pieces together in the end. That would of been cool. Well, I got off topic a bit there. Back on topic, AZ's machine was almost launched again at the end of the game. What if it was shot out again? How would that affect Kalos?

    Next thing I want to address is the war. I hope that GF mentions this war in there next game and then give us some more backround about it. I am super curious about the whole war. Who won? Why were they fighting? How brutal did it get? This interests me the most.

    More speculation coming soon! :3
    The research material in Lysandre lab, the room where you find the rare candy says:

    The war was started because of disparity between the have and have nots. AZ had made Kalos wealthy.
    It says that the war became so brutal that AZ was forced to send his own pokemon into the fight.
    It says that AZ younger brother, Lysandre's forefather, led a greedy group of people who wanted to seize Kalos (was the war a civil war?)
    It also says the Lysandre's forefather buried the ultimate weapon and passed the info to his children before he died.
    LLR

    P.S.
    Blue Shellos available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a lot of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.


    My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by llr View Post
    The research material in Lysandre lab, the room where you find the rare candy says:

    The war was started because of disparity between the have and have nots. AZ had made Kalos wealthy.
    It says that the war became so brutal that AZ was forced to send his own pokemon into the fight.
    It says that AZ younger brother, Lysandre's forefather, led a greedy group of people who wanted to seize Kalos (was the war a civil war?)
    It also says the Lysandre's forefather buried the ultimate weapon and passed the info to his children before he died.
    And we know from Masuda that:

    - "The war was a clash between two different countries." (So that's a "no" on the civil war thing.)
    - "People treated Pokémon with special powers as mere tools in their conflict. They gathered lots of Pokémon and Pokémon with unique powers. This long conflict was drawn out and many lives were lost. In order to emerge victorious, the soldiers believed that they needed even more powerful Pokémon."
    - "AZ loved his Pokémon, which he had received from his late mother, but it was forcefully taken from him by the soldiers. His Pokémon ended up becoming just another sacrifice in the war."

    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ostPageIndex=1
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnitRico View Post
    Ah, right. In that case, I'd say either someone traveled with stories from Unova to Kalos, or more likely, it's simply an oversight from Game Freak themselves.
    I think your first interpretation could be correct. Considering the impression they left (they did raze the region to the ground), they probably did leave a lot of stories or even murals behind them. It wouldn't be that hard for someone to bring them over to Kalos and they designed the statues from them.

    Either way, it's a nice nod to those games.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 7th April 2014 at 7:46 AM.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    I have another one!

    Why is Celebi in a Luxury ball? *cue dramatic music*

    Just kidding, but seriously, why is it not in a cherish ball?
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    I have another one!

    Why is Celebi in a Luxury ball? *cue dramatic music*

    Just kidding, but seriously, why is it not in a cherish ball?
    What do you mean Celebi in a Luxury Ball?
    Lucario was my favourite Pokémon.
    Then it gained dreadlocks.
    Now my favourite is Mega Lucario.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    3DS Friend Code: 1865-0387-3074

    Can somebody please check my Friend Safari?

  16. #216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    I have another one!

    Why is Celebi in a Luxury ball? *cue dramatic music*

    Just kidding, but seriously, why is it not in a cherish ball?
    Because the Cherish Ball's description specifically states that it's "specially crafted to commemorate an occasion of some sort." Bank and other side game-based event Pokémon don't qualify.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wizpig1231 View Post
    What do you mean Celebi in a Luxury Ball?
    The Pokémon Bank Celebi comes in a Luxury Ball.

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Because the Cherish Ball's description specifically states that it's "specially crafted to commemorate an occasion of some sort." Bank and other side game-based event Pokémon don't qualify.
    Ahhh, that actually makes sense as to why it's not in the Cherish ball. They should have revived the GS ball just for this. :P
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    The Pokémon Bank Celebi comes in a Luxury Ball.

    Oh. I don't have Pokémon Bank.

    They should have revived the GS ball just for this. :P
    That would've been good.
    Lucario was my favourite Pokémon.
    Then it gained dreadlocks.
    Now my favourite is Mega Lucario.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    3DS Friend Code: 1865-0387-3074

    Can somebody please check my Friend Safari?

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maybe the Antarctic.
    Posts
    107

    Default

    One mystery you forgot to add were the mentions of unheard of places and regions (person who talks about a backwards waterfall, guy who says he is from an entirely new region and gives you a souvenir). tHere also mentions of the surrounding regions near Kalos.
    My trade shop is now open!
    --------------------------------------------
    The Cosmic Voyage (on hiatus because of boredom)
    --------------------------------------------
    3DS Friend Code: 1418 - 7771 - 0495
    Friend Safari: Grass
    2DS Friend Code: 1865 - 0564 - 3202
    Friend Safari: Psychic
    ---------------------------------------------
    YouTube
    DeviantArt
        Spoiler:- Shiny Pokemon:
    I HAVE CLAIMED SEALEO. YOU WILL PERISH AT THE FLIPPERS OF THE SEALEO MASTER RACE (Spheal was already claimed).

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    The backwards waterfall is assumed by most people to be in the Distortion World.
    Lucario was my favourite Pokémon.
    Then it gained dreadlocks.
    Now my favourite is Mega Lucario.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    3DS Friend Code: 1865-0387-3074

    Can somebody please check my Friend Safari?

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wizpig1231 View Post
    The backwards waterfall is assumed by most people to be in the Distortion World.
    However, the man says that the reverse waterfall is somewhere in *this* world, which the Distortion World is not a part of. The Distortion World is a separate world in a parallel universe.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kalos, Geosenge Town
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Plus there's no chance people know of the Distortion World (aside several NPCs from Platinum), so knowing of a waterfall in that world is very... impossible.

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Plus there's no chance people know of the Distortion World (aside several NPCs from Platinum), so knowing of a waterfall in that world is very... impossible.
    I'm just repeating what i saw in a video.
    Lucario was my favourite Pokémon.
    Then it gained dreadlocks.
    Now my favourite is Mega Lucario.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    3DS Friend Code: 1865-0387-3074

    Can somebody please check my Friend Safari?

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wizpig1231 View Post
    I'm just repeating what i saw in a video.
    Unless that tourist is secretly Cynthia again I don't see how anybody would be able to know about it.

    Also backwards waterfalls are a natural phenomenon so not too Farfetch'd to appear in a game one day.



    And the one in the Distortion World isn't a waterfall as it does not need the HM nor is it backwards as the water falls downward, and down is considered to be, well, going deeper in the Distortion World as is evident by Cynthia, Cyrus, and Giratina.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lost in Subspace...
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Unless that tourist is secretly Cynthia again I don't see how anybody would be able to know about it.

    Also backwards waterfalls are a natural phenomenon so not too Farfetch'd to appear in a game one day.



    And the one in the Distortion World isn't a waterfall as it does not need the HM nor is it backwards as the water falls downward, and down is considered to be, well, going deeper in the Distortion World as is evident by Cynthia, Cyrus, and Giratina.
    I agree. Those were technically not waterfalls, but i have to ask where do backwards waterfalls occur.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •