Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Appetite for Battle! (818)

Default An Appetite for Battle! (818)

Chespin VS Delphox! A Weight Loss Battle!?

While resting on their journey, Clemont's Chespin gorges itself on all the treats that Serena has made, and it starts to show as Chespin gets fatter. Clemont is intent to help Chespin get back into shape, but when it loses in two battles that were intended as exercise, Clemont decides to create a machine to help Chespin get into shape. However, once it's complete, Chespin is nowhere to be found. Will Clemont find Chespin and be able to help it get back into shape?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    Last edited by Dephender; 6th February 2014 at 11:34 AM.

The episode starts off with Ash and co. walking during a sunset and Serena suddenly stops and sounds surprised by something Ash says.

They then stop to have some good and all of the Pokemon are with them.

Chespin is now sitting behind a rock, stuffing his face with Macaron's. Clemont notices and tries to stop Chespin from eating so much, because Chespin now has a big belly.

They then decided to have a battle, to burn off the extra weight.

Ash battles Clemont's Chespin with his Froakie.

Chespin then battles Bonnie and Dedenne and Chespin goes to use a move, but he trips over and the Dedenne zaps Chespin, making Bonnie the winner.

Bonnie is in her sleeping bag, acting like she's in a cocoon and Serena thinks that is cute, so she does it as well.

Clemont is outside with a resting Chespin. Clemont reveals another invention of his, in order for Chespin to lose his extra weight.

The others come out of their tents and Bonnie is in her Tyrantrum pajama's.

The group notices that Chespin has run off and they try to find him.

It is now morning and the group are still looking.

Chespin is now laying on the steps of a nearby cottage, as a woman inside cooks something.

The woman walks outside, notices Chespin and brings him in.

Ash and co. are still looking for Chespin and then Ash and Pikachu run off somewhere.

Chespin is now resting on the woman's couch, with a blanket over himself.

Clemont comes to the hut and looks at the old woman and Chespin on the front porch and sees how happy Chespin is.

The old lady has cooked some Macaron's for Chespin.

Clemont walks back.

Dare Da? Delphox.

An old man that is probably the old lady's husband comes to the house.

He brings out his Delphox, to help Chespin lose weight as well (I think).

Delphox uses Will-O-Wisp I think.

Ash and co. come to the house and then Ash uses his Pokedex on Delphox.

Delphox uses Flamethrower on Chespin, but Clemont blocks it with one of his inventions as he stands in front of Chespin.

Clemont battles the man's Delphox with his Chepsin.

During the battle, Chespin looks tired and then activates Overgrow, powering up his grass type moves.

Soon after, Delphox's owner forfeits after falling over backwards.

Ash and co. are then brought into their house for food.

Afterwards, Ash and co. say their goodbye's to the old couple.

As Ash and co. walk off during the sunset and a Weedle passes bye, the episode ends, with Serena turing around and smiling at the others.

To be continued.
    Last edited by playerking; 6th February 2014 at 11:24 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

does the title card show clemont's?

Does Chespin also lose to Froakie?
    "I'll spout simplistic opinions for hours on end, ridicule anyone who disagrees with me,
    and generally foster divisiveness, cynicism, and a lower level of public dialog!"

3DS friend code: 4356 - 0645 - 2703
    Friend Safari: Masquerain, Pinsir, Paras

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    The episode starts off with Ash and co. walking during a sunset and Serena suddenly stops and sounds surprised by something Ash says.

They then stop to have some good and all of the Pokemon are with them.

Chespin is now sitting behind a rock, stuffing his face with Macaron's. Clemont notices and tries to stop Chespin from eating so much, because Chespin now has a big belly.

They then decided to have a battle, to burn off the extra weight.

Ash battles Clemont's Chespin with his Froakie.

Chespin then battles Bonnie and Dedenne and Chespin goes to use a move, but he trips over and the Dedenne zaps Chespin, making Bonnie the winner.

Bonnie is in her sleeping bag, acting like she's in a cocoon and Serena thinks that is cute, so she does it as well.

Clemont is outside with a resting Chespin. Clemont reveals another invention of his, in order for Chespin to lose his extra weight.

The others come out of their tents and Bonnie is in her Tyrantrum pajama's.

The group notices that Chespin has run off and they try to find him.

It is now morning and the group are still looking.

Chespin is now laying on the steps of a nearby cottage, as a woman inside cooks something.

The woman walks outside, notices Chespin and brings him in.

Ash and co. are still looking for Chespin and then Ash and Pikachu run off somewhere.

Chespin is now resting on the woman's couch, with a blanket over himself.

Clemont comes to the hut and looks at the old woman and Chespin on the front porch and sees how happy Chespin is.

Clemont walks back.

Dare Da? Delphox.

Delphox uses Flamethrower on Chespin, but Clemont blocks it with one of his inventions as he stands in front of Chespin.

During the battle, Chespin looks tired and then activates Overgrow, powering up his grass type moves.

Soon after, Delphox's owner forfeits after falling over backwards.

Ash and co. are then brought into their house for food.

Afterwards, Ash and co. say their goodbye's to the old couple.

As Ash and co. walk off during the sunset and a Weedle passes bye, the episode ends, with Serena turing around and smiling at the others.

To be continued.
    delphox lose due to forfeiting the match, at least its better than losing big time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea Cucumber View Post
    Does Chespin also lose to Froakie?
    Yes, even to Dedenne.

Serena and Bonnie playing games in the tent was cute. And the fact that Serena learned to love camping, if I get the context of Serena's actions at the end, was kinda charming. Also, Delphox looks good in anything other than the game.
    Last edited by DaDonYordel; 6th February 2014 at 11:36 AM.
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

Is Serena gonna catch that Weedle?!
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamzee Makara View Post
    Is Serena gonna catch that Weedle?!
    i don't think she is going to catch that since the weedle was said to be passing by after ash & co left.

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    i don't think she is going to catch that since the weedle was said to be passing by after ash & co left.
    Adding to the fact that the episode is already over.
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post

that last pic seems to be a good one , do i think serena will play a role fore the next episode since the pic was showing to be continued with her as the last.

hurry also for this episode, no team rocket

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    that last pic seems to be a good one , do i think serena will play a role fore the next episode since the pic was showing to be continued with her as the last.
    No, that scene was just part of the episode subplot where Serena learned to enjoy camping outdoors. It's not setting up anything.

So Delphdox lost due to the old man forfetting? Well, I think this is a better outcome of the Chespin vs Delphdox battle. Also, It's different from the usual "pre-evolved Pokémon defeating a fully-evolved Pokémon" plot.

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4
    Is it me or Serena is breaking the fourth wall?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    No, that scene was just part of the episode subplot where Serena learned to enjoy camping outdoors. It's not setting up anything.
    That's the meaning behind the scene? Wow, it seems like Serena got some character development in this episode.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 6th February 2014 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemontrainerY View Post
    So Delphdox lost due to the old man forfetting? Well, this seems like a better outcome of the battle. It's different from the usual "pre-evolved Pokémon defeating a fully-evolved Pokémon" plot..
    Compared with the many pitiful propagandas of the anime hating over fully evolved mons, that's an acceptable defeat. Otherwise it would roast chespin. Just too bad Delphox had such an old owner, preventing it to use it full potential. Reminds me Courage the Cowardly Dog for some reason, young dog stuck with old people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    It just caught my attention since it's been a while that she acted like that. I'm glad that I'm not the only one. The last time she did something similar was at the end of XY008 where she said something like "It's nice to have something you're engrossed in" then gets enthusiastic in the end. Thanks for confirming it!

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    . . .

Clemont walks back.

Dare Da? Delphox.

. . . .
    So I'm guessing that before the battle with Delphox, Clemont was going to let Chespin stay at the cottage with the old lady because he felt that Chespin was happier there, right?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by PokemontrainerY View Post
    Is it me or Serena is breaking the fourth wall?
    She is talking to the cast not to "us".

I'm dissapointed chespin didn' t get a real win here after being humiliated by denden and froakie, but at least he got off on a technicality towards the end I guess. Still any episode with chespin is automatically better than any without.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    I'm dissapointed chespin didn' t get a real win here after being humiliated by denden and froakie, but at least he got off on a technicality towards the end I guess. Still any episode with chespin is automatically better than any without.
    Did you really think chespin could beat a veteran Delphox?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Did you really think chespin could beat a veteran Delphox?
    That's the way I saw it considering the old man's back suddenly acted up.

Eh, this episode was a little below decent in the second half, but the first half was at least cute and funny. Except...wow. Clemont used his machinery to block that Flamethrower.

I was expecting to enjoy this episode and when I finally got to watch it, it was far better then I thought it would be. This episode was pure win for Platinum fan. I loved the bond between Clemont and Chespin. It's not very common that male sidekicks get to have onscreen strong bonds with their Pokemon. Maybe Cilan did, I wouldn't know. But Clemont and Chespin were truly great in this episode and I look forward to seeing the two of them kick butt in future episodes.

Bonnie and Dedenne got their first win in the most legendary Pokemon battle of all time! Bonnie schooled her brother in one simple electric attack. Clearly Bonnie will be the future Lumiose City Gym Leader. And what's this? Serena using her Pokedex to learn about Delphox? I guess she heard my jabs at her about the Pokedex and decided to shut me up. Mission successful, Serena. You have shut Platinum fan up. Serena was used pretty well in this episode. Her and Bonnie playing 'Who's that Pokemon' in their sleeping tent made the cuteness factor machine overflow. Plus their PJ's are so cute. Keep using her in stuff like this, and Serena can take all the time she wants with her goal. At least she'll entertain for episodes like this. Good job Bonnie and Serena.

And finally the old couple. These two were pretty humorous. I did not expect them to battle like they did. It was good. Delphox looked good animated and I loved how it pulled out it's twig wand from it's fur. Nice touch. I even enjoyed Ash here. I tend to actually like Ash when he's not the main focus of a episode. How strange. So no complaints. It was a good episode, one of my faves so far. Nice job writers. You made this morning for me.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

This episode was very entertaining.
    - Looks like Clemont is the one who can cook (HA! See? Baking and cooking is different so Serena isn't the "cook" of the group)
    - Awww I loved it when Serena and Bonnie were playing in the tent and mimicking other pokemon.
    - Chespin is so slow; it was funny how he lost against Dedenne LOL
    - Haha when Chespin wandered off due to the smell
    - I still can't get over Bonnie's pajamas XD
    - The old woman's design is creepy and reminds me of the Hansel and Gretel story (she fattened Chespin up even more).
    - Delphox's design looks so much better in the anime than in the games
    - I liked the part when Clemont protects Chespin from the Flamethrower
    - Thank god Chespin didn't make Delphox faint. I would have cried foul.
    - Ugliest design for an old couple that I have ever seen in the anime
    - Serena doesn't mind camping outside anymore yay

MAN I LOVED THIS EPISODE!

1. Clemont: Man he just had lots of focus this episode and it was the right kind. It was nothing out of character for him. Every single thing he did was something his character would do. Like making training gear not just for chespin but for himself, because he even knows that he's out of shape too. And my favorite part was him blocking the flamethrower, he's really gaining courage like he said he wanted to. And idk if this was on purpose but when he was telling chespin to get up, his voice cracked a bit, it added a lot to the fact he still doesn't have all the confidence he needs.

2. Serena: She came in second place with the whole focus of the episode and I'm actually surprised. The writers made sure to bring back up her fear of camping. And even resolved it in this episode causing some growth for her. I like that just because it was a clemont episode, they made sure to give serena focus where it would make more sense instead of giving her a random episode where she gets lost on her own. This seemed more natural. Serena is developing, she's just developing slowly...like a normal person. So don't worry, I'm sure serena will be fine.

3. Bonnie/Ash: Bonnie had a bit of focus for her first battle but she kinda didn't do anything and I'm fine with that, it wasn't a real battle but I'm glad she still has that want to battle. And ash actually took the back seat on this episode and I'm glad. He only talked when it was necessary for him to, and like i said before, interactions like that make this gang seem a lot more natural.
    Friends are family you choose

Did I just see Clemont just BLOCK a fire attack with his aipom arm? Why is he so cool?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Did I just see Clemont just BLOCK a fire attack with his aipom arm? Why is he so cool?
    "I want to be as brave as Ash" my butt. Clemont is far braver, not to mention smarter.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast