Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Appetite for Battle! (818)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    "I want to be as brave as Ash" my butt. Clemont is far braver, not to mention smarter.
    Hmm I would never question the smarter part but braver is definitely questionable. Though whether or not Ash's brave side is more due to stupidity or actually being brave is probably more questionable. The guy freaking jumped off a multi-story building to catch pikachu for peet's sake.

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDark View Post
    Hmm I would never question the smarter part but braver is definitely questionable. Though whether or not Ash's brave side is more due to stupidity or actually being brave is probably more questionable. The guy freaking jumped off a multi-story building to catch pikachu for peet's sake.
    And if we were to take out the random Pokemon saving them, what then?

Why, we would clearly think he'd rather die along with his best pal in the whole universe! He's a flawed version of being brave.

Why, we would clearly think he'd rather die along with his best pal in the whole universe! He's a flawed version of being brave.

I mean even if he is stupid brave hes still brave. :X

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

He risked himself to save other Pokémon too, not just Pikachu. Believe it or not, Ash is braver than Clemont.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 11th February 2014 at 9:34 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by PokemontrainerY View Post
    He risked himself to save other Pokémon too, not just Pikachu. Believe it or not, Clemont is not braver than Ash.
    Agreed. Clemont has done a few brave things but I believe Ash is brave because like you said, he did it for other Pokemon as well and not just his own.

Clemont's problem isn't that he is not brave enough, it's his low confidence and self-esteem. Surely Clemont is brave, but it is his low self-esteem that makes him feel like he has to live up to something or someone. This episode proves that. He thought Chespin hated him and was willing to leave Chespin with some random old lady if it meant that Chespin would be happy. He clearly doesn't think high of himself if he acts like that. He literally though Chespin would be better off with her than with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Clemont's problem isn't that he is not brave enough, it's his low confidence and self-esteem. Surely Clemont is brave, but it is his low self-esteem that makes him feel like he has to live up to something or someone. This episode proves that. He thought Chespin hated him and was willing to leave Chespin with some random old lady if it meant that Chespin would be happy. He clearly doesn't think high of himself if he acts like that. He literally though Chespin would be better off with her than with him.
    A good basis for some character development later on in XY then.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

I just watched the subs and......THE OLD GUY CALLED HIS WIFE FAT? Wow I legit got surprised by a pokemon episode. I don't think they've used jokes like that before.
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I agree. I'm glad we finally have a secondary boy who isn't perfect and tries to get better and better with each go. This is good development for him later on in the future. This is why I hope for a quest for him since he does has low self-esteem and that something that can help him build it up faster would be also good.

My ideal battle ever!

Can anybody confirm if the old man actually forfeited or if they just stopped the battle. I know people are saying forfeit but I haven't seen a mod say it.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Can anybody confirm if the old man actually forfeited or if they just stopped the battle. I know people are saying forfeit but I haven't seen a mod say it.
    well with the subs (which aren't 100%) he said that "I guess this is a loss for me" and his wife said "no let's just call it a draw"
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    well with the subs (which aren't 100%) he said that "I guess this is a loss for me" and his wife said "no let's just call it a draw"
    Those subs come from PM (Pocketmonsters) so they are 100% reliable, don't worry. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    I just watched the subs and......THE OLD GUY CALLED HIS WIFE FAT? Wow I legit got surprised by a pokemon episode. I don't think they've used jokes like that before.
    Im pretty sure Chuck´s wife called him fat.

Anyway did anyone notice that Serena did the peptalk for Clemont, not Ash, But no she´s completely useless ?!?

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    yes he forfeits in the battle, i watch this episode so i know every detail about it.

Here's what I thought of the dub version of this episode

PROS:
    • The dub dialogue was excellent
    • The voices for the old couple and the old man's name (Wiley) are great

CONS:
    • They replaced Clemont's face in the title screen with Ash
    • Too much dub music again (I know I shouldn't be griping about this but after seeing how the Spewpa and Sylveon episodes used more RAW music, I thought that they were going to finally have a perfect balance between the two. Guess I was wrong and I now have to start watching RAW episodes on mute again)
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 26th April 2014 at 3:08 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Rushing to Prof. Sycamore’s lab after hearing that Cheren sent all of my pokémon there after the Aspertia Academy was attacked
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Not too bad of an episode, but not all that exciting until the end. Bonnie and Serena's camping scene together was too cute. I think it's common for kids these days, and in the past, to have played Pokemon charades. :P I love this group's chemistry.

The old couple was adorable, and I'm glad they weren't made to be cheesy or have a gag. It was nearly realistic, and the ending was awfully sweet.

Seeing Chespin grow into Overgrow was cool, but expected. Not too exciting visually since it's a color change from Blaze and Torrent. :P

I also wonder if Serena's Fennekin will end up evolving into a Delphox, after seeing Wylie's.

It did irk me that Ash was used for the title card this episode, when Clemont was used for the original. Ah well.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This episode almost grinds my gears but manages to finish in decent condition.

I think that the only times that Team Rocket should stop appearing is either:
    (A) When they successfully hand Pikachu over to the boss or
    (B) Get eaten by wild Ursarings or something
    Otherwise it makes no sense for them not to be in pursuit of Pikachu. Yes, we have seen them a million times and yes, there is probably a reasonable explanation for the absence but their backstories have been built up way too much for the trio to be casually tossed into the waste bin without a darn good reason.

Getting back to current events, I guess this is the shows way of giving viewers some real world educational material. Like how it is not recommended to overeat food and if you happen to be on fire, you should stop drop and roll. I would say not bad overall.

The ending was so weird. I thought it was leading into the next episode but no. Wiley kinda reminded me of Dr.Wiley from EXE

Was weird when he called her Grandma. I thought she was his grandma which would mean she was very old XD. Two eps about old people in a row. Japan must love the elderly XD
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 26th April 2014 at 4:09 PM.

Yeah I did find it weird that they referred to each other as Grandpa and Grandma. That greeting was awfully confusing. Would have been nice if we had gotten a name for the granny.

But I digress, old people are adorable. :P

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Wait. Was Ash wearing a larger version of the clothes he was seen wearing when he met Serena as little kids?

I thought the group was really going to think Chespin left Clemont because he disliked him. There were absolutely no hints about dislike whatsoever. It was just Chespin's big eater attitude... Anyway, Bonnie's first win!

That old couple was a little weird. The old man shouldn't even make poses...and to boot, Mystical Fire is weaker than Flamethrower.

This episode made Delphox look cooler than it does in the games. The Pokedex really should say 'the evolved form of Braixen' but I supposed since it hasn't been in the anime yet.

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    This episode made Delphox look cooler than it does in the games. The Pokedex really should say 'the evolved form of Braixen' but I supposed since it hasn't been in the anime yet.
    Makes me think that dex is far more human than it lets on if it ignores Braixen like that...

Or there's a flag in there that will mention Braixen once it's dexed.

This was actually a pretty decent episode.
    If that old man didn't throw his back out Chespin probably would of died.

Makes me think that dex is far more human than it lets on if it ignores Braixen like that...

And I was hoping to learn how to pronounce Braixen correctly since Dedenne threw me off.

While that is an acceptable title to give Delphox, calling it the final evolution of Fennekin isn't incorrect as well.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast