Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Appetite for Battle! (818)

Looked like a good episode (Why is Clemont getting all the good ones?). Looks like the Stick idea did somewhat come into effect, couldn't really tell though cause I've only gotten to look at the pictures.

Just a side note, why did it take this long to reveal Froakie knew Pound?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Looked like a good episode (Why is Clemont getting all the good ones?). Looks like the Stick idea did somewhat come into effect, couldn't really tell though cause I've only gotten to look at the pictures.

Just a side note, why did it take this long to reveal Froakie knew Pound?
    i think he learned it off screen. because he always only used Bubble and Water Pulse.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Wow, this episode was actually good and unlike over 75% of episodes this saga so far that I feel have sucked badly, I feel this one actually deserves praise. Clemont was good in this one, Delphox was well animated, Bonnie and Serena had a nice sisterly bond thing going for them rather than Serena being inactive background fodder that crushes on Ash or Bonnie being cute for the sake of being an obvious marketing tool with no depth (something I fear is going to be a huge part of XY016 based on the preview)...I liked this one!

Really, the only problem I had was how shafted Ash was this episode: he didn't do much of anything, but in this case, the good outweighed the bad.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 6th February 2014 at 6:32 PM.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

This episode surprised me! Very good. Clemont got so much screentime with his Chespin and Ash didn't take over. I wish I could understand what Serena was saying. How would you describe her reaction to Delphox? I wasn't expecting the anime to bring back the topic of her fear for camping. I'm surprised the group didn't have to camp yet until this point. How did they do that?

It was so cute watching Bonnie get excited for her little battle. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw Chespin move around in the entire episode. His belly was so prominent. It reminded me of the episode where we first met Chespin when he took the macarons. Did Chespin's eating problem ever get resolved in the end? I hope Clemont's Super Trainer machine shows up again int he future (maybe with new improvements).
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Delphox looked great. I'm glad it didn't lose.

If you look at Chespin evo, he's fat. Nous wonder why he eats like that. Forwaed to his évolution
    Black 2 team :

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    i think he learned it off screen. because he always only used Bubble and Water Pulse.
    Be that as it may... It's just Pound
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Wow! Chespin lost weight fast! I bet there are some people out there who envy him that!

Nice to see Froakie using a new move with Pound, but its a shame Fennekin didn't get to battle as well!
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

did i just see clemont was the cook, so i think we can now confirm that he is the cook of the group since he was showing a waiter's pose by the way.

I like the little touches of detail that have been added in this saga. Wheedle just straggling around and Grandpa's a Tournament Trophy were nice to see.

My bro Chespin got smacked around this episode but so far he's the only starter on the cast as of yet to actually garner a win, so I'm fine with that. Clemont was also awesome and it looked like we got a little bit of everything from his character, from his poor athleticism, showing off his great cooking skills, being sad about Chespin which showed off his low confidence that he said a while back he had, and his tough battling spirit because of his Gym Leader prowess.

Great episode, 8/10

Never mind. If nearly everyone here seems to like the episode, I take what I said back.

Clemont is starting to shape into the Ensemble Darkhorse of Kalos. This better not mean his character will suffer greatly just like Cilan did in the second half.

In his head, that bulge is five times bigger. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

I'm a little disappointed Chespin didn't get a real win, this episode felt like a character development for Chespin but actually Chespin didn't get character development I thought Chespin was gonna lose against Delphox after having a diet due to Delphox having a type advantage I liked Delphox being well animated, Serena's reaction to Delphox didn't bother me even though I don't understand what she has said in her reaction she never thought her Fennikin's final evolution would look like that, I hope Clemont's inventions will stop exploding more often because I was amazed Clemont invented a Pokemon Translating Machine I was hoping it doesn't give inaccurate translation it would be cool to see Clemont rebuilding Pokemon Translating Machine again to have accurate translation, It seems like has been a first time in a while since an elder Pokemon Trainer appeared in the anime also this was a okay episode.

I was honestly more interested in Serena's little camping subplot than I was in Chespin's struggles to be honest. Seeing Bonnie and Serena interact in the tent was cute, especially Bonnie in her sleeping bag; she looked like a caterpillar lol. But back to the main plot, I was disappointed that Clemont's training invention was practically useless and the fact that the old man had to forfeit the match irks me; it's like the writers did that to stop Chespin from losing because even with the Overgrow power up, I doubt he could've beaten Delphox. Well whatever. This episode is pretty average for the most part.

Was that Mystical Firs Delphox was charging up before the old man threw his back? If it was Chespin would have been super screwed.
    Signature Credit: The Under
    My Tumblr

Delphox looked really good during the episode. I'm glad Froakie revealed to know Pound, at last! So Clemont seems to be the cook of the group, eh ? And Serena is more of a baker. Nice to see two of them cooking for once.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

I liked this episode a lot. Clemont's development, Bonnie and Dedenne battling, Serena and Bonnie's interaction, Clemont being the cook, the way Delphox looks in the anime, and the sound track was really good too. The BGM was on point, too bad the dub will most likely change that.

Also I only just noticed Team Rocket wasn't in this episode at all. Can't say I missed them.

The little details here and there are what keep XY interesting (the girls' tent being a Shellder whose tongue retracted when it zipped up, neat)

Was there any particular significance to the Weedle at the end and Serena running towards it? (Beedrill on the main cast instead of an overrated plot would be nice)
    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Just watch; there will be an egg at the end of Sinnoh that Dawn will give to Ash!

While she mostly interacted with Bonnie, I also feel like Serena got some good interaction time with Clemont in this episode too, just like she did in the Espurr episode last week. Sure they were at least a few lines long, but I definitely felt as if they were friends who enjoyed traveling together and, though it's still fairly early to jump to this assumption, they seem to be at better terms with each other than Dawn was with Brock or how Iris was with Cilan

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Watching Korria battle Tyler and seeing her Mega Lucario going berserk
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

"My pokémon aren't mindless tools, they're my friends and family"

Quote Originally Posted by Scrimbird View Post
    If you look at Chespin evo, he's fat. Nous wonder why he eats like that. Forwaed to his évolution
    For a second I actually thought Chespin was going to evolve at the end there.

Really good episode with some nice development for Clemont/Chespin and a good battle. I thought the old man character was fun as well, although I didn't quite understand the issue between him and his wife.

Also, Clemont and Chespin had more chemistry in this episode alone than Ash and Oshawott did the entirety of Best Wishes.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Episode was nice, I was expecting Chespin to get development and it did and yeah the old man was funny, I guess he was pissed at his wife because she was giving Chespin a bad example by stuffing the thing and making it fat.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post

Really good episode with some nice development for Clemont/Chespin and a good battle. I thought the old man character was fun as well, although I didn't quite understand the issue between him and his wife.

Also, Clemont and Chespin had more chemistry in this episode alone than Ash and Oshawott did the entirety of Best Wishes.
    Lol your example makes no freaking sense, if you said Palpitoad sure but Oshawott had great chemistry with Satoshi...out of so many pokemon, like Muk, Tauros, Palpitoad, etc you couldn't have chosen a worse example.

Remember that Oshawott followed Satoshi because he wanted to be with him, remember the great moments they had together with Oshawott initial training, etc.

Crappy example :P.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 7th February 2014 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post
    Was that Mystical Firs Delphox was charging up before the old man threw his back?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiido View Post
    Was there any particular significance to the Weedle at the end and Serena running towards it?
    No, that was just a background detail.

Know your roots.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post

WHAT!? Ash and OshaGOD had little chemistry? Da f are you talking about? I don't even like BW but Ash and Oshawott had crap-loads of chemistry.
    Signature Credit: The Under
    My Tumblr

I'm not sure that I like Chespin almost instantly overcoming the weight problem in battle, but maybe it will be an ongoing process. They're definitely grooming it to be good at battle though, so maybe it will be in the gym battle.

Bonnie really needs to wear her Tyrantrum pajamas all the time.

One point that I forgot to make, Why did froakie have to smack chespin like that?? lol i found it a bit comical though.
    Pokemon XY: Episode 15 is my favorite Pokemon episode OF ALL TIME (And Clemont my favorite character)

This is intressing episode of Clemount and Bonnie wins her first battle

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast