Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Jolting Switcheroo! (819)

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    So I'm watching the episode with subs and there's one part i kinda didn't like. So apparently the girl put the ribbon on dedenne asking it to be with her. and i know she's a kid and all, but with bonnie trying hard to find the pichus trainer (maybe because ash and co. are mature enough to think of that), I found it kinda weird they had the other girl be okay with pichu being lost and basically replacing it with dedenne and also dedenne not caring..

EDIT

And maybe i should have kept watching because the next second she mentions how dedennes trainer must be looking for her...why'd she do the ribbon thing though? probably just to mess me up -nods-
    the ribbon i think symbolizes that they were a good pair together even if dedenne was not the girl's pokemon.

i doubt that we will see lenna back at cyllage gym but who knows it might probably be just a glimpse or she won't appear at all.

This episode got a 5.7 rating http://www.anmtvla.com/2014/02/audie...-en-la-tv.html

It's curious XY015 didn't hit the top 10 most watched (the first episode since XY004 that wasn't top 10) maybe Bonnie brings the ratings.

I though this episode was a good one in the dub

(rages that Team Rocket did not appear again) In the past when TR blasted off they would often reappear very quickly and sometimes even within the same episode. But now it seems like they have to behave closer to real world standards and slowly find their way back each time or maybe it is because TR is not familiar with the region or something. At this rate they may lose track of Pikachu all together, unless they create some kind of radar or go to each gym beforehand and wait to try and ambush Ash and company.

Pichu feels like a poke that we should see a lot of but I cannot remember the episode when it got introduced. (beside the movie of course)

A very ordinary filler. There's really no other way to explain it since there was nothing stand-out about this episode. There wasn't an out-there character, no huge battle, no interesting situation.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Well, at least this episode didn't take place during a league arc.

Serena: *Looking at Clemont's invention* Is it safe?

There is a 100% chance it will explode, because Clemont.

Lookie there! A Riolu plushie!

Nothing especially note-worthy in this one. Not in a boring way, just an unremarkable one. I do enjoy Bonnie being the Brock though.

A fine filler. The ending had me laugh a lot, though.

This episode was rather mediocre. It was just not very exciting for me.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Ash's stomach growling made me laugh about of the timing

A nice episode and all the better because Pichu was involved, I just love that little guy. Also, more clemontic gear so that was entertaining too.

Good episode, not outstanding though but it entertained me nonetheless. On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Again I noted the inclusion of a non-Kalos native Pokemon, Lilligant isn't even in the Friend Safari. I'd say this confirms the hypothesis that the XY anime will make full use of the national dex, I was hoping XY would be more like DP.

That's what I'm hoping for, too, since the Kalos dex isn't all that large. It gives more oppritunity for other Pokemon to appear. Like Pichu in this episode for example.

Not a bad episode, just not an exciting one. Bonnie's marriage gag is just as great and not fleshed out like Brock's flirting.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    (rages that Team Rocket did not appear again) In the past when TR blasted off they would often reappear very quickly and sometimes even within the same episode. But now it seems like they have to behave closer to real world standards and slowly find their way back each time or maybe it is because TR is not familiar with the region or something. At this rate they may lose track of Pikachu all together, unless they create some kind of radar or go to each gym beforehand and wait to try and ambush Ash and company.
    This. A realistic yet funny solution of the mystery behind Team Rocket's not so frequent appearances between episodes.

But the true solution is one: writers' decision.

Did CN switch the times I timed recorded the ep and I got Johnny Test instead of Pokemon.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Edit: Strange as this sounds, my favorite part of the episode was when Lena was chit-chatting with her friend on the street. They were talking about gym badges the way real women talk about work, men, and shoes. Little touches like that add a level of believability to this world of lightning mice and fire-breathing chickens.

In the past when TR blasted off they would often reappear very quickly and sometimes even within the same episode. But now it seems like they have to behave closer to real world standards and slowly find their way back each time or maybe it is because TR is not familiar with the region or something.
    An interesting idea. James' family had houses in every region before Unova. So maybe he had some familiarity with those regions' geography and could guess Ash's destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Did CN switch the times I timed recorded the ep and I got Johnny Test instead of Pokemon.
    Yeah, they pushed it back to 8 am. They still show the previous week's episode on Sundays so you can catch it next week.
    Last edited by Lady Umbreon; 5th May 2014 at 2:43 AM.

Was this the Kira Buckland episode? The little girl sounded like Christine Marie Carbonos at times and other times she did not. So not sure who did the girls.

On a side note! PICHU IS SOOO DAMN CUTE!

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    On a side note! PICHU IS SOOO DAMN CUTE!
    And here lies the crux of why the "heroes" never get to evolve all their Pokemon.

Pichu feels like a poke that we should see a lot of but I cannot remember the episode when it got introduced. (beside the movie of course)
    Team Rocket, lose track of Pikachu? Trust me, we ain't that lucky yet.

My deviantArt page, check it out if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red View Post
    Team Rocket, lose track of Pikachu?
    *Guffaws for a whole day*

If that ever happened, it'd be the same day I admit the anime is the best thing ever since sliced bread.

This episode was okay, I didn't enjoy it though but that's mostly because I don't like Bonnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I got that too, luckily my friend recorded it though.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    *Guffaws for a whole day*

If that ever happened, it'd be the same day I admit the anime is the best thing ever since sliced bread.
    It'll truly be a thing for celebration

My deviantArt page, check it out if you want.

This filler is unsatisfactory for me. Just there were two kids got swapped with their Pokémon for the sake of introducing Pichu. Also the crying at the end was a little bit exaggerated in my opinion.

Awful episode. Bonnie was pretty unbearable in this one for some reason to me, and on the English dub side of things...good god, was this one just plain bad. Alyson Rosenfeld's "crying" at the end in particular was some of the lousiest, most fake acting I've ever heard in anything, Sarah Natochenny's voice for Ash was so rough and deep at times and it was even more grating than usual, and the woman with the Green Hair sounded more like a man than a woman at several point. Easily one of the worst episodes in the XY Series-- this is what I hope we don't see more of from Bonnie.

47.5/100
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Default A Jolting Switcheroo!

Bonnie was adorable in this episode, as she always is. The issue of her constantly feeding Dedenne and Clemont advising her not to. She's certainlly learning to take care of Pokémon skills, and one day she'll be able to use when she becomes a trainer. The same could be said for Serena sincet since she was feeding Fennekin a twig. Bonnie's proposal to Lena was kind of cute. It's nice how she mentioned Clemont's Gym Leader status to try to make Lena go for him. I still find it funny how Bonnie thinks she takes care of Clemont needs someone else to do the same. That's kinda cute in a way.

After a while, the whole switcheroo mess happened. I think that Lyn is the real problem here. I felt bad for Bonnie when she said Dedenne going missing was her fault when it was Lyn who took the wrong bag without checking it first. Then she runs off without telling Lena about her problem when she clearly could have helped her. And later just stares into the sky and doesn’t even notice Dedenne running off. Oh and don’t forget that she wanted to take Dedenne with her for a moment. Luckiliy Lyn realized it won't be fair if she takes Dedenne away from Bonnie. I mean, I know she’s just a little kid and all, but she seems really absentminded. But at the same time, she’s cute. I like how she put the ribbon on Dedenne and liked how they matched. It was nice to see Bonnie sad over Dedenne's being lost and Pichu cheering her up. Meanwhile, Dedenne ran off on its own and Lyn lost sight of it. Geez, How in the world did Dedenne get in that store anyway? In fact, why is Dedenne running off so much? That's something Iris's Axew used to do in XY.... so I don't want writers to give Dedenne the same character trait. Though I must say, I like how they use Pikachu and Dedenne's electricity communication as means of locating each other. With this, it was great that Dedenne got to battle the Beedril. The writers once again reminded us that Dedenne is Clemont's Pokémon.... but I think it would've been better if Bonnie could have commanded Dedenne rather than Clemont.

I liked the scene where Bonnie and Lyn were crying and Clemont and Lena were comforting them. It was nice to see how much they missed their Pokemon and were sorry for not being more attentive. Lyn seemed to like Dedenne a bit too much, even to the point of wanting to keep it for a moment, but at least she realized that it would have been selfish to do something like that. It was also kind of weird to see Dedenne running away so much, even falling asleep inside a store, given how it's been close to Bonnie.

Overall, this episode was pretty good. the parallels between Bonnie and Lyn were interesting. Both of them love Pokemon and will call almost any Pokemon cute and want to take care of one. I really like the fact that Lena ran into that girl and they had the conversation about the Cyllage gym and how they hoped to battle each other again. That was a good detail showing how other characters also challenge gyms and also have rivals, something we rarely get to see with these minor COTDs. The English dub of this episode was good, but the dub music sucked. TPCi really needs to stop overusing their synthesized dub music in the episodes.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123