Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Jolting Switcheroo! (819)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Was it just me or Lenna is someone who is challenging the Gyms as well. Since she was discussing regarding Gym Battles with that girl she met.

If its right then we might see them again in a future episode.
    Her unnamed friend is challenging gyms. Lenna didn't give the impression that she was.

I'm enjoying these fillers. The COTD has a nice design and the little girl was adorable. Is this the 2nd time Bonnie tried to get a girl to marry Clemont? Scenery in this episode is really pretty, especially those berry bushes. The group always seem to be eating spaghetti. The parallel between Bonnie and the Pichu girl is adorable. The animators didn't try too hard to make them have similar looks. Too bad we couldn't see Serena have a little battle in this one.

8/10
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Her unnamed friend is challenging gyms. Lenna didn't give the impression that she was.
    Potential League rival already?

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I like how Eureka now uses Citron's Gym Leader status as a selling point when trying to set him up with the ladies. This was the first time the gag has been used since the reveal.
    Me too! I wsa impressed with Eureka to say that, I'm sure the chicks dig Gym Leaders ;D
    "There is a tide in the affairs of men.
    Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life
    Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat,
    And we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures."
    -William Shakespeare Julius Caesar

Pokemon XY anime I demand you stop being so good this instant! I can't believe I'm still enjoying the anime. This was another good episode. I didn't like it as much as the last one, but this one was certainly cute with it's charms. Bonnie didn't just steal the show, she owned it. For such a small problem I generally wanted to see both Bonnie and Dawn Jr. get their respective electric rodents back. This episode had heart to it, and that's what I truly liked about it. Ash, Serena, and Clemont were all really good in this episode as well. I could nitpick and wish that it was Serena and Fennekin sparring with Pikachu and Ash, since Clemont and Chespin just had a episode, but that minor detail did not ruin the episode at all for me.

Team Rocket were again gone, and I find the anime flows much better when they are not around. If this was back in the OS, AG and DP era they would have forced them in somehow. Bonnie was a true treasure as always. I really loved the ending with her and Dawn Jr. The two of them crying once they found their electric rodents. This episode just oozed cuteness. And wow two episodes in a row Serena uses her Pokedex. Now if she can just use Fennekin, we'll be fine. Cute episode and I enjoyed it and everyone in it. Once again, good job writers.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I just love the details in the backgrounds. They look very well and give me the feeling I'm watching real people passing by, instead of figures. The story itself was pretty sweet. Also smart of Clemmont to use a past experience to find Dedenne.
    And I was glad to see Fenniken again. I hope there will be a episode that focuses on it soon. The fox deserves it.
    Something is stirring. Does this mean I stop lurking and return? Who knows...
    But yeah, real life is still being mean to me, so it is a maybe.

Claimed Scyther

Thanks to Chapter of Charizard for the Button
    PASBL explained
    WF

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    As Grant's gym was mentioned, could that unnamed person end up being someone who meets Ash and co? Perhaps even Ash's rival.

I found this one rather so-so, but I cannot deny that this episode was rather cute. Really liked the interactions of Dedenne and Pichu to the trainers.

That little battle Ash and Clemont had made me wish Serena had a practice battle with them instead. Part of me really wants to see Serena and her Fennekin, you know, actually doing things. Oh well...

So this really was a filler just like I predicted with little to no development for Bonnie. I'm not even surprised. I've had enough of Bonnie's cuteness and the comedic gags in general; Clemont's invention blowing up and even Bonnie's marriage proposal gag have gotten stale and yet they apparently carried this episode. Whatever. I liked the final scene with Bonnie reuniting with Dedenne because it brought things full-circle and the other little girl was interesting, but this was just another episode where nothing really happened.

I can understand getting tired of Clemont's gag, but Bonnie's? Really Lorde? It happened like three times several episodes apart. How can it have gotten stale?

Anyway, it was a cute episode. I like how Bonnie and Rena cried when they got their little rodents back and how the scene went quickly from being touching to funny when Ash's stomach intervened. And I like how we pretty much got to see the entire city as everyone ran around. Also, Serena protecting Bonnie from Pichu's attack was pretty awesome.

I was thinking Serena and Bonnie were getting bad bed head being shocked by Pichu thankfully it didn't happen and Dedenne's gender seemed to be revealed as a female it seems Dedenne's gender already revealed from previous episodes and I guess Clemont's inventions will explode more often in this series Dedenne could've realized where the shock or electric signal is coming from then Dedenne would run to see where the shock signal is coming from and I find it funny when Bonnie and the little girl were to sneak out somewhere by their selves, Clemont and the little girl's big sister to stay together then Boonie and the little girl got the same expression at the end of the episode and this means both of them were trying to sneak out are a like.

I'm enjoying the fillers in this series.

7/10

Fun episode, I didn't enjoy it as much as I did last week's but I thought it was pretty good and had its own charms. Bonnie, she was good as usual, I still really like her character. She feels like such an integral part of the group interactions and heart of them. I liked seeing her concern for Dedenne a lot and how scared she seemed to be at times. She's usually very brave and adventurous but she legit seemed pretty worried and scared for the sake of her little dormouse. Rena was great, her design was so nice and I really liked it a lot. I even adored the way she gave Dedenne a ribbon. I noticed that Dedenne didn't seem as nearly concerned for Bonnie as Pichu did for Dawn Jr. which is realistic given that Dedenne and Bonnie haven't probably been together as long. The Clemont/Bonnie gags were as amusing for me to watch as usual, I'm not really finding myself tiring of them much at all so far which is a huge shock.

Dedenne's huge concern for food this episode was adorable, not a glutton like Chespin but certainly does seem to be a risky eater. I also liked seeing a bit more of Dedenne's personality, I liked how when it got attacked by the Beedrill it actually tried to fight back and defend itself. It also instinctively jumped out of Rena's arms to fend off the rest of the Beedrill flock with Pikachu. It clearly doesn't mind battling if it has to, I remember it acting the same about Inkay when it was frustrated it kept getting beaten up all day and finally wanted to confront it. Bonnie likes to battle too and clearly is eager to do so since she's tried to fend off Team Rocket and made use of Dedenne's electricity to locate the group Pokemon. Not to mention was willing to battle Clemont's overweight Chespin last episode. I feel like they could have had a good battle in this episode with Pichu/Dedenne, shame they didn't, I'm pretty optimistic Bonnie will battle more in the future though.

Her Dedenne has actually gotten some nice battle experience in the show thus far and Bonnie's pretty excited about becoming a trainer, logically her working more with Dedenne when that day comes would be great and her becoming more responsible. I do hope we get a huge character development breakthrough episode for her in the future like the ones we've gotten for Clemont because she's so great but I don't feel like the writers have really used her to her absolute potential just yet. I noticed that piece of remixed BW music during the battle between Pikachu and Chespin, it made me smile to see they're reusing old music. Though I do think it signals a bit of a new era in Pokemon for music, I doubt anything Pre-BW is showing its face at all again. Just like OS-DP all took cues from each other in the music department I think they're going that route with BW/XY thus far. It's pretty refreshing that they're willing to add BW music into things, it helps liven things up a bit more and break from what we usually hear. Plus the animation with Vine Whip looked great.

I just like how Pichu and Dedenne were chilling next to each other on the table like that. Bonnie and Rena crying tears of joy over their returned electric rodents was adorable and once again I enjoyed that, never seen Bonnie so weak and outright sobbing like that. It's refreshing since while she does seem to act more her age at times she is just a little girl. Fun episode, I enjoyed what Bonnie gave to this week of Pokemon and Dedenne. Great character interactions and moments all around.

Another good filler episode. I like the swapping scenario with Dedenne and Pichu. Heartwarming one near the end for both the little girls, just to be disturbed by Satoshi. That 'marry my brother' scenario was seemingly sudden for telling that to a stranger unlike Jessica and Viola, but funny that she now uses the brother's status to make an attempt to have Citron win that lady's heart.

Number of filler episodes for XY: 07 of 16
    Number of non-Team Rocket episodes for XY: 06 of 16
    Last edited by TheAceLeader; 14th February 2014 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    As Grant's gym was mentioned, could that unnamed person end up being someone who meets Ash and co? Perhaps even Ash's rival.
    i somehow think that this unnamed person will meet ash somewhere in the future episodes, if not i don't see why lenna's friend is mentioning something like that.

yup like most have said overall this was a cute episode especially for kids

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    i somehow think that this unnamed person will meet ash somewhere in the future episodes, if not i don't see why lenna's friend is mentioning something like that.
    I hope that is the case, that would be some neat writing if that turns out to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAceLeader View Post

Number of filler episodes for XY: 07 of 16
    Number of non-Team Rocket episodes for XY: 06 of 16
    XY8, XY12, XY13, XY14, XY16, the other two are?...

You could call an episode like this filler all you want but I think every XY episode has offered something new to help know the main characters, be it something big or small. I wouldn't tell anyone to skip anything so far.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 14th February 2014 at 4:54 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    You could call an episode like this filler all you want but I think every XY episode has offered something new to help know the main characters, be it something big of small. I wouldn't tell anyone to skip anything so far.
    I agree idk why would someone skip an episode before giving it a chance.

As long as the episodes are entertaining I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    I agree idk why would someone skip an episode before giving it a chance.

As long as the episodes are entertaining I don't mind.
    Agreed. I know I said "so far" but generally I wouldn't tell anyone to skip anything, even an episode that is filler in the truest sense of the word can be entertaining.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I'm not going to b*tch about how this episode didn't have a capture or how fillers suck or whatever, but ultimately I didn't like it. It was just too dull for me. The first of XY so far, and we're pretty deep into the saga.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

* No TR: XY is definitely benefiting from TR not appearing in every single episode. It prevents fillers from becoming tiresome and predictable.
    * Clemont's invention: I liked how Clemont designed his latest contraption using a past experience (Pikachu and Dedenne's electrical communication). It showed continuity and some logic behind Clemont's designs. Another nice touch was how the typical explosion allowed Lenna to meet the group immediately afterwards.
    * Serena shielding Bonnie from Pichu's Thunderbolt
    * Bonnie: I liked how she additionally mentioned Clemon't Gym Leader status (now that Ash & Serena know Clemont's identity) in her latest marriage proposal gag. I'm also happy to see that it's not happening in every episode.
    Just liked her character focus this episode.
    * Dedenne: It's good to see Dedenne not just be uselessly holed up in Bonnie's bag 24/7. Much welcome development.

It's still very much a filler, but it wasn't bad. 6/10.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

This was actually a pretty good episode. Nothing special, but it was pleasant to watch from beginning to end, mainly because the gags in it weren't overplayed and Team Rocket were absent. I liked it more than the Furfrou episode.

I hope we see that girl who was going to Cyllage Gym again.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Why did Ash use Flicthing to scearch the city to find Dendene? This is the same problem I had with the last episode. It would have been easier to find Dendene in the air then on the ground
    because it'd be over too soon
    and the show needs conflict
    would like to see Fletchling get more screen time, though

So I'm watching the episode with subs and there's one part i kinda didn't like. So apparently the girl put the ribbon on dedenne asking it to be with her. and i know she's a kid and all, but with bonnie trying hard to find the pichus trainer (maybe because ash and co. are mature enough to think of that), I found it kinda weird they had the other girl be okay with pichu being lost and basically replacing it with dedenne and also dedenne not caring..

EDIT

And maybe i should have kept watching because the next second she mentions how dedennes trainer must be looking for her...why'd she do the ribbon thing though? probably just to mess me up -nods-
    Friends are family you choose

My favorite x and y episode now i have to wait for them to make the english one! D:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast