Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Rush of Ninja Wisdom (820)

Okay so, I may need to watch it again when subs are out to get the full scope of everything but from what I watched I really really enjoyed it

Like, im so glad we got a good training episode and an episode about Ash that wasnt totally self indulgent. Ash being humbled enough to ask for help in his training after Froakie lost to Frogadier is sweet, and as always I enjoy when he’s willingness to train with his Pokemon in order to “become one” with them so to speak, i imagine it gives him an idea of how they move and operate and therefore gives him the edge when the time comes to battle with them

Froakie was entertaining as was his rivalry with Frogadier, Im a bit miffed that he seems to be on something of a losing streak but im sure that will change come the next Gym battle.

The COTD was a very entertaining character and I liked how he was willing to hang out and chill with the gang for the day, sharing his thoughts and (what I assume) and dreams with them, and Ash did the same.

And I loved how throughout the episode Bonnie was playing around in ninja garb with Pikachu and Dedenne, she really is very endearing character when she does stuff like that I find. Also Serena’s knitting gimmick may be a possible hint to what she can strive for, though that’s stretching it a bit.

Team Rocket was a waste as usual, by at least they don’t take up the majority of the episode

The battles were really good, the animation was pretty good, just an all round good episode.

Enjoyed the episode.

It's a shame to see Ash/Froakie lose yet again, but as i've said before it's all development for the big picture (which i'm sure by the end of XY will be noticeable). I appreciated how instead of learning Quick Attack Froakie learnt Double Team, it differentiated Froakie from Frogadier. If it was the Quick Attack he learnt, it'd have felt like Froakie was still under Frogadiers shadow but now it seems like the difference between them both (should this cotd ever return).

Also, does anybody know what was said about Greninja and Venusaur?

7/10.

Average episode: so very average. Granted, incredible after the disastrous trainwreck the previous episode was, though.

Ash was good in this one (A-), and I liked Froakie. (A)
    Serena was bad, but didn't do much of anything anyway. (D)
    Bonnie? See Serena. (D)
    Clemont was okay in this one: the jet boots didn't make sense, but heck, I lol'ed. (C)
    The COTD...well, let's just say I thought he had ADHD when I saw the preview, and this didn't do much to change that, but he was okay I suppose. (C-)
    TR...why are they even still around? Ugh, they always make me roll my eyes in disgust-- unbelievably annoying as always. (F)

My Rating: 72/100 (C-/Low Pass)
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 20th February 2014 at 6:02 PM.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

This Episode was Good I Thought Froakie was REALLY BADASS here I Thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai 888 View Post
    This Episode was Good I Thought Froakie was REALLY BADASS here I Thought.
    Definitely better than last week's episode at least, I guess, so I'll give it that.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Drapion View Post
    Does anyone know what was being said when Venusaur and Greninja were shown?
    Yeah,I'm curious about that too.
    From what i understood (with my weak understanding of the language), i think Sanpei was talking about his brothers (not sure if they are blood related or something else) who were already Master Ninja.

Greninja belonged to Ippei while the Venusaur belonged to the 2nd one Nihei.

On a side note, i have to say that i really enjoyed Bonnie's Ninja antics alot, and she could become one fine one considering that she could throw (Shuriken style) something like a simple leaf.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 20th February 2014 at 6:24 PM.

Bonnie was perf in this episode and anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy.
    Sanpei was a great character and I loved the animation in this episode.
    Great episode!

Some highlights: (gonna edit later)

Netanyahu
    What happened to humanity?
    Obama Nation - I'm not gonna vote for your inauguration.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    Bonnie was perf in this episode and anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy.
    As we all know, anyone who disagrees that she wasn't "perf" in this episode is crazy and doesn't have the right to a dissenting opinion.

anyway, im happy to see froakie learn two moves in one episode. but i wonder if it means anything, like either he wont be learning any other moves for a while (his moveset is actually pretty good at this point), or he will/won't evolve.

to anybody who knows the language, i have a couple questions
    1. was sanpei made out to be a COTD or a rival like the preview implied?
    2. was froakie shown to have the "i can be strong without evolving" attitude? or was it more of a development episode for him ignoring the whole evolution thing on froakie's part?
    Last edited by Sushi; 20th February 2014 at 6:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Going to have to admit, I loved not only Bonnie in this episode but the attire Dedenne was in. Squee squee.

Still personally, it was overall a cool episode with Froakie battling. Sanpei was also very awesome with his whole ninja referencing alongside. I cackled when Clemont jumped to the sky. And as usual I loved the animation throughout just like every other XY episode too.

Overall I give it a 9.5/10. Keep it up XY.

Probably my favourite episode since either the gym battles or Citron taking back his gym. I'm so glad Froakie just flat out lost to Frogadier and didn't even get or want to get revenge, makes the evolution all the more likely.
    Battle was as well done as usual in XY and Sampei was a very enjoyable character. I really liked that he saved Froakie with the ninja trick when he noticed it wouldn't be able to take the hit.

Froakie learning Double Team is interesting, it'd be cool to see them battle again in the future, when both are Greninja's or Frogadier's(as long as they're on the same level strength wise) and see which comes out on top, Double Team or Quick Attack.

Both Citron and Serena had moments with the gadget and providing the ninja outfit for Eureka, who is just adorable as always.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Um, what's going on? a lot of posts were deleted...

Anyway, this was a nice episode, Froakie will eventually become Ash's powerhouse, definitely reminds me of Treecko. I wonder if Sampei will be a recurring rival, decent character. Bonnie as cute as always, she's so refreshing. 8/10 Keep it up XY!

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    anyway, im happy to see froakie learn two moves in one episode.
    According to what I understood Froakie didn't learn two moves. It was only Double Team what he truly learned to execute.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

I think everyone is glad that Froakie didn't win against Frogadier.It's definitely like the episode when Treeko learned Bullet Seed.Wich means that,after the movie,we'll get a Froakie evo episode.
    Brave Bird!

Bonnie IS perf in this episode.

My thoughts:
    - Serena holding Pikachu was so cute
    - Frogadier's animation is so sleek and cool in the anime Ash better evolve his oh please, please, PLEASE!
    - The battle between Froakie and Frogadier was great even though Froakie lost. I love how they were using their surroundings (the trees) in the battle.
    - I wanna be a ninja now
    - Focus, Froakie, focus to find Frogadier! How cool
    - Water pulse is a great animation
    - Haha at the Frogadier substitute (?) in the battle
    - Ash, flip your hat. FLIP YOUR HAT! That's how you win
    - Dizzy Bonnie from Double Team hehe
    - The fainting-by-hitting-a-tree thing again. *sigh*
    - Sad Ash from the battle, aww I like it when he gets upset after losses because it shows that it's a big deal for him instead of shrugging it off like he used to
    - I like when he was "feeding" Froakie water from the stream
    - I wonder what Sanpei fed Froakie to make him leap up like that? drugs?
    - I like how Ash asks for help in training. It really shows how mature he is
    - Sanpei doesn't have whiskers like I originally thought. Oops lol; those side hairs are confusing
    - Dress up Bonnie, Pikachu, and Dedenne. All right!
    - BONNIE IS SO ADORABLE OMG. Ninja Bonnie ftw!
    - Clemont's inventions just get weirder and weirder
    - At least he blasted off instead of exploding xD
    - Bonnie fainted from the training, aw
    - I wish Serena and Clemont had joined in though
    - Frogadier can walk on water like Jesus... what's next?
    - At least lunch wasn't pasta again
    - That's right Serena. You offer him a cookie
    - I'm sorry but Bonnie is too cute for words. The way she was counting on her fingers - kawaii
    - Tree jumping reminds me of Iris. She would've slayed on that part!
    - Ash falls off the edge of the cliff - I laugh
    - When Pikachu covered BOnnie with the leaves it was funny/cute
    - TR... again -.-
    - Flashback of training, Froakie learns Double Team. Yay
    - I don't care that this is Froakie's second loss against a trainer, it is a great pokemon imo. I just hope we can see more Fletchling in action though.
    - I want Sanpei to be a recurring character now. At first I wasn't all about to it, but I learned that you should never judge anything (or a character) by a scan. *crosses fingers that we see him again*
    - Damn it, Serena. You were part of the background this episode I hope you will redeem yourself soon.
    - LOL at the gang leaving without making sure Froakie was with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    As we all know, anyone who disagrees that she wasn't "perf" in this episode is crazy and doesn't have the right to a dissenting opinion.
    Yup, that's exactly what I meant by it.

Spoiler:- for Dwail only:

Netanyahu
    What happened to humanity?
    Obama Nation - I'm not gonna vote for your inauguration.

sanpei was really a good character to begin with, hoho i wish he was a girl

anyway all characters interaction here are well done

oh and can i add one more thing, serena seems to always carry a fashion kit with her. i might wonder if she will use this on the upcoming xy 21.

This was a good episode I was happy to Froakie is looking to follow the path of Treecko so that means he might actually evolve whooooo. Bonie was ADORABLE in this episode omg where has she been in this shows 17 years... The battles and training was cool and I hope they focus more on training a la Sinnoh Ash needs it.

Too eveyone who asked about the Greninja and Venasaur what I belive was said that Sanpei is trying to be like I assume his nija ancestors Ipai (forgive my spelling) was the first with the Greninja and Nipai was second with Venasaur he is the third and wants a Greninja as well hence the Sanpai. (My Japanese isnt prefect so I could be WAy off base with that. So I am sure someone else will clarify/correct.)

Overall I would give the episode a 7/10 one of more rewatchable episodes of XY so far and there arent many. Now on the adorable Parfum brat and the angry Snorlax.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    This was a good episode I was happy to Froakie is looking to follow the path of Treecko so that means he might actually evolve whooooo. Bonie was ADORABLE in this episode omg where has she been in this shows 17 years... The battles and training was cool and I hope they focus more on training a la Sinnoh Ash needs it.

Too eveyone who asked about the Greninja and Venasaur what I belive was said that Sanpei is trying to be like I assume his nija ancestors Ipai (forgive my spelling) was the first with the Greninja and Nipai was second with Venasaur he is the third and wants a Greninja as well hence the Sanpai. (My Japanese isnt prefect so I could be WAy off base with that. So I am sure someone else will clarify/correct.)

Overall I would give the episode a 7/10 one of more rewatchable episodes of XY so far and there arent many. Now on the adorable Parfum brat and the angry Snorlax.
    oh now i think i know how they got their names.

ippei - combination of ichi + pei = fist ninja? (sorry not sure what pei means)
    nippei - combination of ni + pei = second ninja
    sanpei - combnation of san + pei = third ninja

so in other words he is the third ninja and could it be he is the youngest?

is there any chance that San will be a recurring character?

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    i'm sure he is only a cotd and i think i just saw a post that they just drop the rival thing if i'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    I'm pretty sure in the scene where Sanpei and the others were relaxing under the trees, Sanpei said that him and Ash were rivals. I at least heard the word rival by Sanpei so maybe the magazine wasn't just shamelessly hyping and Sanpei really is our first rival for XY.

This is probably my favorite episode of the new year. Clemont made me laugh like alwAys, Bonnie was cute as hell, like your child role playing with toys, Serena was cool, didn't know she could knit, Ash and Froakie were awesome and Ash's battling skills are improving, and Sanpei was awesome. If he is just a COTD, he's my favorite one so far in the XY saga. Hopefully we do get to see him again because I want to learn more about his Master Ninja goal.

Sampei's pretty much in the same boat as Kenyan/Stephan was. He may show up again, but he could just be a one of those rivals that is never seen again no matter what they say in the episode.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Great. So Kalos Ashy lost another trainer battle. That makes two battles in the row. First he lost to Premier, the Sylveon trainer, and now Sanpei with his Frogadier. To be honest, I sort of expecting Froakie to beat his evolved form but that didn't happen. As well as he gets a rematch whenever he loses the first time. This is getting ridicious. Hopefully that Ash wins the next trainer battle. He can't be any worse than Unova, does he?
    Didn't Ash also have a bad losing streak in the beginning of Sinnoh? He lost to Paul a lot, lost to Roark the first time and in unofficial battles, lost to Gardenia & Fantina. And that was coming off the heels of beating Brandon's Regice. At least with Kalos it is coming off the heels of Da!. I wouldn't worry too much about Ash's losing streaks in Kalos for right now.
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

oh about the greninja and venusaur i don't think it's ano fficial debut since it was owned by sanpei's ancestors. we have to see the real episode where they will appear before we can confirm their official debut

was it only me sanpei looks like senpai to me somehow?

Really good episode, the only negative I can say is Team Rocket being tacked on but they came and went so quickly that they didn't even have much influence. Sanpei was a great character, and him combined with Bonnie helped make this much more entertaining than the typical training episode. Ash really shined here too, striking a nice medium between the more lighthearted Ash from BW and the more serious Ash from DP.

And what can I say? Froakie might have lost again but between his good showing today and Sanpei's Frogadier, I'm now in total support of Ash getting at least Frogadier if not Greninja.

This is probably one of my favorite XY episodes along with the Citroid and Pokemon Merchant episodes.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast