Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Part 3 Stardust Crusaders

Default Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Part 3 Stardust Crusaders

It's finally almost here have a trailer. Seems like there will be a character trailer every week for 4 weeks. If you want something to do in the meantime go watch Parts 1 and 2 right now.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Watched the first two OVAs just last November, lol. Have of yet to watch the movie and 2012 TV series, but from what I gather, the TV series is basically a prequel. Still, it looks like it's just going to be a reanimated Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, so I'm not going to get anything new out of it, probably. May watch anyway, though I really did prefer the dub over the sub when I was watching the OVAs (had to watch one episode subbed, didn't really enjoy that episode much), so I don't know how well I'm going to handle the sub.

Kinda weird, in all honesty.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 21st February 2014 at 11:02 PM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Trust me Part 3 OVAs skipped a lot of the material to get to the main event with the big boss. Part 3 Anime is gonna have a few new things for sure.
    I wouldn't call the first parts prequels persay as they were made long before part 3. Jojo manga is basically a continuous story that's still published today.
    Last edited by Skiks; 21st February 2014 at 11:12 PM.

Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    Trust me Part 3 OVAs skipped a lot of the material to get to the main event with the big boss. Part 3 Anime is gonna have a few new things for sure.
    All right, but it still looks like we'll be going through the same things we've seen before reaching the "newer" additions. So would that mean this is going to be two-cour?

I wouldn't call the first parts prequels persay as they were made long before part 3. Jojo manga is basically a continuous story that's still published today.
    I said the TV series is a prequel, I understand the OVAs are Part 3. And I think I heard that Part 7 of the manga is still in the works, unless it recently finished. Or was that more for the English translation?
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I can't wait for the poses
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    All right, but it still looks like we'll be going through the same things we've seen before reaching the "newer" additions. So would that mean this is going to be two-cour?

I said the TV series is a prequel, I understand the OVAs are Part 3. And I think I heard that Part 7 of the manga is still in the works, unless it recently finished. Or was that more for the English translation?
    Part 3 is very long and should take a full season minimum. Part 7 ended and we're now on part 8. I dunno if the anime will ever get that far. The English manga sadly may never be picked up again in the USA due to copyright issues since some stands use song names or band names making it tricky to use here.

Xanga |Last FM

Yes you should. This series to have more impact if you plan on watching this one if you get around to watching the last two parts.
    Edit:Avdul says hi.
    Last edited by Skiks; 28th February 2014 at 9:25 PM.

Xanga |Last FM

The first episode was nothing short of great
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

I need to remind myself every Friday to get myself a snack before I watch an episode, because hot damn, all of that ham makes me hungry. The dub was still silly, but the original sure likes to accentuate its chewing of the scenery, lol.

It has a neat, clean style thanks to being digital, but I think I slightly prefer the gritty cel look of the OVAs better. Although I might actually enjoy this a little better since it's only 24 minutes long each and not 30 minutes, but I don't think it truly matters. I'm having some nice flashbacks to the OVAs, and it's surprisingly welcoming, it's like a nice refresher. The OVAs only had 13 episodes, but this'll be twice that length, so I'm looking forward to that.

I should get around to watching the prequel, though... been meaning to do that.
    I survived Pupa.

It felt like I had died and gone to heaven when Crunchyroll announced that they got all 3 parts to the new JoJo anime. They also seem to have the entire thing uncut and uncensored too (I remember people being worried about licensing issues with the use of Roundabout and such).

First episode was amazing. I had no prior exposure to JoJo before the 2012 anime, so this is the first I'm seeing of Stands and they're ****ing awesome. The art style is fantastic too. Jotaro seems cool. Can't wait for more!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    The art style is fantastic too. Jotaro seems cool. Can't wait for more!
    Thats cause the author over the years has evolved his art so much. Also dat Avdul. dat Magician's Red. dat Dio. I can already feel the op and ending will blow me away. The last few did. David won't fail me now.

Xanga |Last FM

I was wondering how they could make this show better than the first season, then they went and got Ono Daisuke to voice Joutarou.

First episode was great, eagerly awaiting more.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Pretty good episode, I expected them to cover more chapters though
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

That first episode is probably the best thing I've seen in anime since Gintama. I dare say it's even better than the first season was.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Colour me unimpressed by that OP. Nowhere near as godly as the first season's I'm afraid.

Good episode though, mostly because of ORAORARORAORA.
    Last edited by Charizard Champion#06; 11th April 2014 at 7:47 PM.

The new ED is great. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly wrong
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    The new ED is great. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly wrong
    It's not the ED. They announced via twitter the ED would premeir next week.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    It's not the ED. They announced via twitter the ED would premeir next week.
    Didn't know that. Still a good song
    Douglas Adams

Still amazing as always. That OP is great, like how it looks and all that.

Since I haven't read the manga, I can't exactly say which scene is closer to the manga: the girl from the OVA (whom I think called herself Jojo's girlfriend even though it was clear he didn't care for her) being the one who was possessed, or the nurse. Jojo got stabbed with different writing utensils when comparing the two, but it was in the same place. I'm tempted to say the nurse stabbing the student in the eye was the one in the manga, though now I question why the OVAs changed that scene... so perhaps it's this particular adaptation that's different?

Either way, I'm not complaining because it was still awesome.
    I survived Pupa.

That moment when he was all like "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA" was pure greatness.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Since I haven't read the manga, I can't exactly say which scene is closer to the manga: the girl from the OVA (whom I think called herself Jojo's girlfriend even though it was clear he didn't care for her) being the one who was possessed, or the nurse. Jojo got stabbed with different writing utensils when comparing the two, but it was in the same place. I'm tempted to say the nurse stabbing the student in the eye was the one in the manga, though now I question why the OVAs changed that scene... so perhaps it's this particular adaptation that's different?

The OVAs don't care much for accuracy. This adaption like the last two is word for word. Theres plenty of changes here and there that will make this worth watching. Next week's opening scene will hopefully fix the small thing that always bugged me about the OVA when they deal with the thing in Kakyoin's head.

Xanga |Last FM

The second episode really got me hooked on this one. My problem with the first two was that they dragged out scenes way too long, but they seemed to do it well so far. Granted, the Kakyoin fight was pretty short, and that is my main concern for the rest of the series - since SC is basically just them fighting their way to Egypt for the entire middle part, if they don't pace the fights well it'll be a real chore to watch.

Skiks is right, the OVA makes a lot of weird changes whereas this adaptation is as faithful to the source material as possible. Some of the other notable changes in the OVA is that Kakyoin's hair is brown, not red, and they meet Polnareff on the ship and skip over Hong Kong entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    The OVAs don't care much for accuracy. This adaption like the last two is word for word. Theres plenty of changes here and there that will make this worth watching. Next week's opening scene will hopefully fix the small thing that always bugged me about the OVA when they deal with the thing in Kakyoin's head.
    What was it? I only saw parts of the OVA.

Also, for anyone who's read the manga - when does the Part 5 translation really get bad? I've heard there are a lot of segments notorious for being awful but I'm near the end of the Sex Pistols arc and so far it's passable.
    Last edited by Abstinence Pistols; 15th April 2014 at 5:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    The second episode really got me hooked on this one. My problem with the first two was that they dragged out scenes way too long, but they seemed to do it well so far. Granted, the Kakyoin fight was pretty short, and that is my main concern for the rest of the series - since SC is basically just them fighting their way to Egypt for the entire middle part, if they don't pace the fights well it'll be a real chore to watch.
    Well Araki was more wordy early on so I didn't mind it too much. When action was needed it certainly delivered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    What was it? I only saw parts of the OVA.

Also, for anyone who's read the manga - when does the Part 5 translation really get bad? I've heard there are a lot of segments notorious for being awful but I'm near the end of the Sex Pistols arc and so far it's passable.
    The OVA changed something almost insignificant but had no reason to do so
        Spoiler:- Potential Spoilers:

As for the manga you might be reading the new translation and I really don't think the new translation went beyond the sex pistols. It's manageable after that but the issue is mostly how the older translation doesn't show Giogio's personality too well so he comes off a bit stiff. It's not as bad as duwang basically.

Xanga |Last FM

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast