Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon (Revival)

Default Sailor Moon (Revival)

So is anyone here interested in the upcoming revival of the Sailor Moon anime? The new anime is set to premiere via worldwide streaming (subtitled) this July. It will be a completely new anime that is said to follow the manga closely as opposed to the original anime series.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-start-in-july

Last edited by HoennMaster; 24th February 2014 at 8:52 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I'm not getting my hopes up

It's been delayed twice already, and I'll bet it'll continue to do so. I really wanted to start the series with the new series, but if this keeps up, I might just watch the older series or read the manga
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

The bright side is the later it comes out, the better the novelty is of watching it.

Like "WOW I'M WATCHING SAILOR MOON IN 2016!"

Not getting my hopes up until I see some footage. It seems like a bad joke at the moment with the delays and general lack of information.

The Opening Song they chose is pretty terrible.

Just because it has been delayed doesn't mean you should expect to always keep being delayed.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Wow O.o good news !

I'm still holding out hope that it comes out this year. I just got a chance to watch La Reconquista, which was done for the 20th anniversary of SM. It was alright, but you could definitely tell that a few of them were nervous (and seeing a female playing Tuxedo Kamen was new, to say the least). Overall, it was a nice way to get back into the spirit of the series after a bit of a hiatus (as well as causing me to go back and watch other SeraMyu musicals; Sailor Stars and Eien Densetsu are mandatory).

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Not getting my hopes up until I see some footage. It seems like a bad joke at the moment with the delays and general lack of information.

The Opening Song they chose is pretty terrible.
    They chose an opening song? The last I read, they were still undecided, except for who was singing the opening. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, since it's been awhile since I read any new information about it. Does anyone know the name of the opening song, by any chance? Or is it just a remake of Moonlight Densetsu (which is actually fine, if it is)? I just need to know.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

This should relieve anyone's concerns.

db20496ba415b040364806f116c4bd0e1394763373_full.jpg
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

The main site the image came from. Man Togashi's wife must be loaded. I can't wait to see what they do with this series I'm guessing it's a retelling I suppose.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    The main site the image came from. Man Togashi's wife must be loaded. I can't wait to see what they do with this series I'm guessing it's a retelling I suppose.
    La Reconquista. Yep, that was the musical I watched. I didn't know it was based on the new anime though. Interesting. Though if the previous musicals are any indication, 'loosely' would be a term to use when describing how closely it follows the source material.

As for the anime, the only thing I heard was that it is supposed to be closer to the manga, which would mean far less filler.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

I'm still keeping my hopes up for this. As a matter of fact, besides Pokemon, I also grew up watching Sailor Moon. ^^ (Though as I grew older, I prefer to watch the Japanese subs.)
    But yeah, I did hear that the remake will likely resemble more of the manga.

In Anime Expo this year, which is an anime convention hosted annually in my area (usually by late-June/early-July), a couple of the old English dub actors for Sailor Moon will be guests of honor. So in other words, a reunion is confirmed~
    Who knows what else will happen? I'm hoping to come by their panel, and see if I can get more details. :]
    Also, in case you guys don't believe me...
    Source 1
    Source 2
    Trinity League: Psychic Gym Leader & Resort Manager (Wi-fi UU) | The Eternian Forces: Harena Region's Merchant
    3DS FC: 1977-0801-2134 | NNID: SilverLanayru | Rawr~ <3

"This is the sorceress of light, who takes to the battlefield her Book of Sorcery."

Pokégyms Badge Progress | Credits

So the new season named "Sailor Moon Crystal".

The story outline looks like the first season remake.

Anyway, this is exciting.

Crystal will seemingly be to the original Sailor Moon as Brotherhood is to the original FMA.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Crystal will seemingly be to the original Sailor Moon as Brotherhood is to the original FMA.
    Yea, I think that it will do.

And I want to the art style really like the poster. That it's beautiful.

Cool

New sailor moon serie will be called Sailor Moon Crystal!
    Hello! I love battle with other people on pokémon!Please challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    So the new season named "Sailor Moon Crystal".

The story outline looks like the first season remake.

Anyway, this is exciting.
    to tell you the truth it is actually a remake, though there might be some additional new plots coming from the manga that we didn't get to see.

The coloring of the new character designs is somewhat bland, and some of their legs look way too thin and awkward.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

I'm both excited and nervous for this. On the positive side, we will finally have all 200 episodes in English (hell yeah for Sailor Stars) and we even get Blu-ray releases. However, I'm so used to the DIC/Cloverway voices and names that it's going to be weird hearing the original names and new voices. Viz will also re-dub all three movies and ALL the specials. So excited. I wonder if Viz will recreate the English opening or just use Moonlight Densetsu and the Stars theme.

Viz also acquired the Sailor Moon Crystal reversion. Crystal will have 26 episodes and will stream twice a month for a year beginning in July. I haven't seen anything saying Viz will dub it, but I'm sure they will if they acquired it.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I'm so happy. When I read that not only Viz got Sailor Moon Crystal, but the old anime (including Sailor Stars) as well, I felt like my head was going to explode from the awesomeness. It'll be cool for all this to happen, with a proper redub that's uncut, new subtitles, and an official US release for the Sailor Stars season. I've been used to the DiC/Cloverway voices, but who knows what voices they'll get for this? And I also wonder if they'll show the redub on TV. I remember hearing a while ago that Toonami is apparently interested in showing Sailor Moon Crystal, so who knows?
    SailorPika has returned.

Member of the NEW Team Rocket Club!

Quote Originally Posted by SailorPika View Post
    And I also wonder if they'll show the redub on TV. I remember hearing a while ago that Toonami is apparently interested in showing Sailor Moon Crystal, so who knows?
    From what I understand, Toonami said at MomoCon yesterday that they appreciated all the requests for Sailor Moon they had gotten and that they would like to air it but "no promises". I feel pretty sure Toonami would air uncut Sailor Moon and that Viz would want to put it on TV. (Crystal at an ep. every 2 weeks won't be ready for a while). And since Toonami has confirmed they're going to air Dragon Ball Z Kai, a "retro old-is-new hour" with DBZ Kai and uncut Sailor Moon could do very well for them.

Funny thing is that Viz posted on their Twitter that they noticed a lot of fan support for Sailor Moon, Death Note and InuYasha at the Toonami panel, so they know people want to see it air.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Well......

Although I prefer the older anime style, I think I'll still concerned about it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast