Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Awakening the Sleeping Giant (821)

Default Awakening the Sleeping Giant (821)

Wake Up Snorlax! Battle in Parfum Palace!!

Arriving in Camphier Town, Ash & Co. soon discover a wild Snorlax asleep in the middle of town, snoring and thus causing issues to everyone in town. In order to wake the Snorlax, they need to find King Shabboneau and have him play the PokéFlute. However, the PokéFlute has been taken by the princess of Parfum Palace and she refuses. When Ash and co finally meet her to get the PokéFlute back, she finally agrees but on a condition; a battle, and the battle has a very high price... Will Ash manage to beat the princess?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The episode starts with Ash and co. walking into what I believe is Camphier town.

Ash and co. hear a loud noise emanating from inside the palace.

The noise came from a Snorlax in the town.

A woman in the town tells of a story of s Snorlax who ate a lot (Waht a tweest!)

A young boy and girl are trying to wake up a Snorlax which is sleeping under some shaded area.

The Snorlax makes a loud noise again and annoys the residents, but Clemont gives off a smirk when he gets an idea.

He shows off another invention, some sort of walking alarm clock.

The invention blows up soon after being used.

Ash and co. go to visit the castle in town, the Shabboneau castle to speak to King Shabboneau to use a Pokeflute to wake up the Snorlax and stop it from it's loud snoring.

The king tells Ash and co. that the princess of a nearby Palace called the Parfum Palace has the Pokeflute and she doesn't want to use it.

Team Rocket are all hiding inside a knight outfit inside the castle.

They imagine Giovanni with an army of Snorlax.

Ash and co. go are outside the palace and Bonnie bends down to have find a way in and she did. There's a hole insider one of the hedged surrounding the palace.

They are inside the Parfume Palace's outside maze and they see lots of hedges and a statue of Zekrom and Reshiram and a statue of a man with his Pokemon.

Ash and co. come across the bratty princess and ask her to give them the flute.

She shows them some sort of treasure that she has (I think) and after a bit of talking she challenges Ash to a battle.

Pikachu offers himself to battle against the girl.

Dare Da? Snorlax.

With Clemont as the battle referee, Ash battles Princess Allie and her Furfrou with his Pikachu.

Pikachu's Thunderbolt messes up Furfrou's hair and leaves Allie worried.

Furfrou gets carried off on a stretcher and it seems that the girl won't give up on her end of the deal.

Clemont gets angry and starts talking to her.

Allie decides that she wants to be with Clemont, if Ash takes the flute.

Inside the palace, whilst Allie has Clemont, she allows to have the flute.

As the sun sets, Ash gives the flute to the King of the Shabboneau castle, but Team Rocket intercept the trade and steal the PokeFlute.

Team Rocket plays the PokeFlute incorrectly and it wakes up and annoys Snorlax.

Snorlax sends Team Rocket flying and the king of Shabboneau now has the flute.

The king plays it correctly and calms the Snorlax down.

Ash and co. are then reminded that Clemont is still with Allie.

Clemont comes walking back without his jumpsuit.

The jumpsuit is at the palace as is on some robotic decoy of his.

Allie notices and gets worried, before the invention explodes.

Fireworks are fired into the night sky over the castle as the episode ends.

To be continued.
    Last edited by playerking; 27th February 2014 at 11:24 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

So, they leave Clemont as a collateral for the PokeFlute with the Princess and he later escapes the Palace and leaves behind a Robotic Version of himself which ends up blowing in the end.

yup the fireworks are in this ep however i think all of them watch the fireworks.

That Princess was a b*tch, she got what she deserved. This reminded me of the Psyduck episode in DP where they accidentally left Gliscor behind.

Jessie should become a professional flute player she's the best.

The battle was a little short but I don't mind, we've got the biggest battle in the history of Television in a couple of hours.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Well, What you know? It looks like Princess Allie has a crush on Clemont.

.... LOL.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 22nd May 2014 at 9:41 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Only seen the screenshots posted on Twitter. Ranging from Princess Allie's Gianism ("What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine" attitude) to exploding Citron decoy, this episode sounds very humorous.

I have to wait til I go back to home to watch it properly.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire team: Laglarge, Jukain, Bursyamo, Sirnight, Ohsubame, (TBA)

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0515-6562 Type: Dragon (Onondo, Onbat, Crimgan)

Supported pairing(s)
    Anime: SatoSere, SatoHika, SatoHaru Pokespe: GoCry, RuSa, DiaPla, BlaWhi

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    So, they leave Clemont as a collateral for the PokeFlute with the Princess and he later escapes the Palace and leaves behind a Robotic Version of himself which ends up blowing in the end.
    am the only one that see a snubble repeat thing going on were the princess is chasing after clemont?

and wow how many of his inventions are going to blow up on him?

i like today episode it was good imo 3/5.
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

Quote Originally Posted by PokemontrainerY View Post
    Well, What you know? It seems like Princess Allie has a crush on Clemont. She was annoying though.
    wow that's a new one to this series - cotd having a crush on one of the main characters, i bet this has never happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    So, they leave Clemont as a collateral for the PokeFlute with the Princess and he later escapes the Palace and leaves behind a Robotic Version of himself which ends up blowing in her face.
    Ahh Clemont... Such a class act, such a gentleman!

Don't forget he came strolling down the street in his undies.. o.0

Quote Originally Posted by darklord18 View Post
    am the only one that see a snubble repeat thing going on were the princess is chasing after clemont?

And wow how many of his inventions are going to blow up on him?

i like today episode it was good imo 3/5.
    It's a running gag, so I'd say roughly about 90%..

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    Wow that's a new one to this series - cotd having a crush on one of the main characters, i bet this has never happened before.
    Mčh, the fact that she seemed completely egotistical at first made it a nice unexpected twist..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

kinda makes me surprised Bonnie didn't face her instead of Ash all things considered.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 27th February 2014 at 1:49 PM.

haha clemont walks out in his underwear, this shall be the funniest thing i've ever seen from him- totally admitting this to myself.

Just saw the episode pictures (yay for quick pictures!). Huh, what do you know, Clemont has a backup Citroid copy with him. When I saw the princess, I was suddenly reminded of Jessibelle *shudder*. Trading Clemont for the Pokeflute sounds hilarious, wonder how Bonnie took a girl showing interest in her brother, considering she's tried to pair him up with girls before (hard to tell from just the screenshots).

Mostly hoping its not a running gag though, those got really annoying back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Animefan145 View Post
    Just saw the episode pictures (yay for quick pictures!). Huh, what do you know, Clemont has a backup Citroid copy with him. When I saw the princess, I was suddenly reminded of Jessibelle *shudder*. Trading Clemont for the Pokeflute sounds hilarious, wonder how Bonnie took a girl showing interest in her brother, considering she's tried to pair him up with girls before (hard to tell from just the screenshots).

Mostly hoping its not a running gag though, those got really annoying back in the day.
    from the looks of it, bonnie can be said a bit smart when picking on girls - well since she doesn't make the proposal to every girl.

The COTD was very entertaining but good god Team Rocket was completely pointless here.

Like seriously. You could have cut their scene and it wouldn't have changed a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    That Princess was a b*tch, she got what she deserved. This reminded me of the Psyduck episode in DP where they accidentally left Gliscor behind.

Jessie should become a professional flute player she's the best.

The battle was a little short but I don't mind, we've got the biggest battle in the history of Television in a couple of hours.
    Gliscor was left in the Pachirisu is sick episode, or Doc Brock, not the Psyduck episode, where Gliscor was only used to glide past Psyduck.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Hilarious episode, and as usual, Team Rocket's involvement was tacked on and was a detriment to this episode as I believe the shortstuff princess could've served as a comedic antagonist in this episode, and her comeuppance would not actually be unwarranted with her rude actions bordering on malice during this episode. And in indeed, she got hers at the end.

There was a fireworks scene but there was not a hint of l'amour from Serena in this episode at all. No spaghetti spilling this time. ;_; As for other characters, Clemont's quandry with the princess wanting to KEEPU him, was apparently to spicy for Bonnie. Also, when the gang meets the princess for the first time, Ash doesn't recognize the Furfrou of hers, apparently a running *** of sorts, but more hilariously in more subtle manner, Dedenne stirs from its bag, only to go back to sleep without Bonnie ever noticing. Ash's facial expressions when he was asked to bet Pikachu seem a little off to me, though.

I'm assuming Ash does not reference his Snorlax, yes?
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

What was the point of team rocket here? Oh well, clemont's humor was really great this time.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

TR was probably included into this episode so that Snorlax has a reason to smash something lol. I don't mind, I like Team Rocket. I actually forgot about their little scene at the beginning part so I was actually surprised by their surprise attack.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Did the princess tryed to pay off Ash for Pikachu? If she was it was the funniest thing in the episode.

I thought them leaving Clomount was the second funniest thing ever
    Last edited by p96822; 27th February 2014 at 3:45 PM.

Wow, I thought this one was genuinely funny. Clemont continues to be one of the best XY characters.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

The ending remind me of the episode where Ash had his boxers down.

I'm glad that Ash and pikachu crushed the spoiled brat in the battle,and Clemont. It was smart of him create a decoy of yourself to give the nasty one a split.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Wish Serena was the one fighting the bratty princess instead. It's about time she gets her first trainer battle. Jessie's flute skills are beyond amazing.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

This episode sounds amazing! Can't wait to watch it!

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast