Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Awakening the Sleeping Giant (821)

The first move the furfrou used with the leg...was that sucker punch?
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

The princess deserved it

Bet on Pikachu: first mistake
    Give them money and jewels for thier friend Pikachu: Second mistake
    Take Clement: third mistake

She need to be blown up.

I like to see more girls asking Clemont to be with them.
    Last edited by Hero of Ideals; 27th February 2014 at 10:00 PM.

Watch out everyone, we've got the anime's best male companion (Not counting best bro Brock) coming through..

Clemont wasn't promoted at all in the weeks leading up to this episode and he still ended up being the star. From the Time Wizard clock, to the calling Allie out on her bs, to him finally getting his wife, ending with him running in the streets with his bloomers, Clemont made me realize that he is now one of my favorite characters in the anime. Seriously, the episode was funny and it was cool, but his performance was crazy good and makes me want to slap myself for not liking him prior to the anime starting.

It was also a nice twist to have had Allie and Clemont being the ones to watch the fireworks instead of Ash and Serena, at least they acknowledged it, and my boy Clemont is making Brock proud by swooning the ladies where ever he goes.

This episode was boring aside from Allie's antics imo. Seeing Clemont shoved into the spotlight again was disappointing; he already got more attention than Serena in general, so why did the writers have to give him yet another starring role? It's overkill at this point. I did appreciate the little things like the Reshiram statue in the Parfum Palace's garden and Meowth's boss fantasy was funny; I'm glad the writers are doing those again. I wish Snorlax had a bigger role than just blasting off Team Rocket and eating berries, but alas.

Wasn't too interested in this episode at first but now that I watched it, it proved me wrong. Clemont is still humorous as ever, especially at the end where he set his decoy to escape. The princess was also entertaining to watch too imo but kinda wished Pikachu wasn't the one to battle her Furfrou. But still it was a good episode overall and I give it an 8.75/10.

Also nice to see another Furfrou trim being featured, hopefully the rest will be showcased in the future.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 27th February 2014 at 10:11 PM.

A very fun episode that was definitely a lot better than I thought it might be. The princess served the episode well and made for a decent conflict, and Clemont once again manages to be entertaining. I do wish they had Serena do a little more here but I'm still holding out hope that there is a long-term plan for her.

Unfortunately the episode did not raise my hopes that the show will follow the story of the games very closely, since this is where in the games the themes of beauty, high-art, and entitlement are first elaborated on.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Meh, didn't like the episode.
    It just wasn't exciting, pretty much like the Pancham and bamboo forest episode. I thought it'd be nice but no, I ended up disliking it... It was just flat.
    Don,t have much to say, though I did like the cute moments between the characters. Was nice to see.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Just watched the episode.
    Pros: everything clemont did (even though I do hope they give Serena more focus soon)
    Cons: team rocket. They literally had no place in this episode. If they wanted a team of snorlax then they should go back to kanto. I could have went out the room for their parts and the episode would have been no different. I think the time should have gone to either the battle or to whatever clemont was doing after they left him.
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Meowth's boss fantasy was funny; I'm glad the writers are doing those again.
    Wat. That was the whole TRio together planning to take over the world with an army of Snorlax(a plausible plan given how strong they can be) that they would control with the flute, it wasn't a traditional boss fantasy. Just general evil stuff.

Anyway this episode was funny as I can't say that word. There's probably something else out there but off the top of my head I can't think of a funnier Pokemon episode. Citron is amazing and Ash was cool as usual in XY.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

and just noticed on the screen that it was another clemont focus episode, only like the cute and funny moments most of the time, the battles i have no comment about it since it seems pretty normal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Wat. That was the whole TRio together planning to take over the world with an army of Snorlax(a plausible plan given how strong they can be) that they would control with the flute, it wasn't a traditional boss fantasy. Just general evil stuff.
    They imagined Giovanni creating chaos with an army of Snorlax; how was that not a boss fantasy?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    They imagined Giovanni creating chaos with an army of Snorlax; how was that not a boss fantasy?
    It's not in the sense that it wasn't meant to be as humorous(I hope, lel), and Meowth didn't act out scenes of Giovanni doing stuff ect. Like, yeah, it's a boss fantasy, but it's not one of THOSE boss fantasies so you can't say they're doing those again.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 28th February 2014 at 12:22 AM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I... I actually think this might be my favorite XY episode yet.

Clemont was great here. I wasn't expecting him to have such a prominent role but, once again, he really brought an episode up. He is definitely the strongest cast member. I wish he or Serena had battled Allie instead of Ash, but eh, whatever.

Allie was an entertaining COTD with fun quirks. Despite the Charge Beam spam it was nice to see Furfrou battling, and the attention to detail that made it a Trim Furfrou instead of just a regular one was nice.

The artwork really looked on-point today; it seems like it's making a pretty steady improvement, even if next episode is going to have some issues.

Team Rocket were really tacked on again... but, it was much, much better than last week. The "boss fantasy", if that's how they're going to be done in XY, I can definitely live with that. This is how boss fantasies should be done - not stupid nonsense like "what if we caught this Snorlax so the boss could sleep on it" but actually keeping their mission in mind. Also, I still want them to be more than this, but just taking this one episode by itself, I thought the little gag at the end with the flute was actually pretty funny. It felt like actual humor much more than "we scream and make silly faces," which has been about the entire extent of their role in XY to this point. I don't want them to stagnate in little brief gag roles like this, but this episode was at least a step in the right direction.

The plot did a good job of incorporating game events in a creative way. It could have just been a boring "Furfrou ran off, we need to find it and stop Team Rocket from stealing it" filler, but it took some risks and came out better for it.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Clemont wasn't promoted at all in the weeks leading up to this episode and he still ended up being the star.
    He was all over the preview, and the title directly references him. It was pretty clear he'd play a role here.

I thought it was pretty funny, the kind of insane episode that jumps all over the place which would've felt perfectly at home in Kanto. It was pretty dialogue-driven, though, so I can see it coming across as somewhat boring if you couldn't follow what people were saying.

Enjoyed this episode, it was a lot funnier than i expected. The princess was a very entertaining character and who'd have thought she fell for Clemont.

Haha, very entertaining, loved the ending.

7/10.

Clemont made this episode. I highly enjoyed it as I have most of the episodes so far

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Oh Clemont, genius with that little diversion there. For once one of his experiments not blowing up in his face, but actually used to his advantage.

Yeah there were fireworks, but viewed in a neutral sense with everyone watching them, as I guessed some time ago.

Not sure if I like Allie crushing on Clemont for the sake of plot, but at least it was worth it. Clemont knows less about girls than even Ash does.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Not sure if I like Allie crushing on Clemont for the sake of plot, but at least it was worth it. Clemont knows less about girls than even Ash does.
    that was actually what I want in this ep, new twist from cotd to a main character

although i agree that clemont has been getting too much focused, shouldn't it have been better when the episodes are divided equally with the characters( serena has been getting less focused, let's just hope in the next few episodes, we will see a different side of hers)

I wasn't even aware a new Pokemon episode was up right now. Hmm. Well I had low expectations for this one, and I was proven wrong. This was a pretty funny episode. That Princess Allie was a entertaining character. How she slides close to any object she desires. How she overreacts to situations. It was funny. Normally Bonnie steals the show, but this time the show stealer was Clemont. Serena offering Clemont on a silver platter got some laughs form me. The fact that the episode was about to end and Clemont is still at the palace made me chuckle. Bonnie and Serena had to like remind the narrator that something was missing. Clemont's escape from the palace and Allie's reaction to it was wonderful. I also enjoyed everyone's faces when Allie presented them with all that gold for Pikachu. Especially the girls. They've never seen gold the likes of that before, have they? And finally Jessie playing the Pokeflute. Yeah that was pretty funny. Overall a good episode. Not the best, but good enough.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Well this was the worst episode yet. Not only did the dumb *** hell boss fantasy's return, but the battle wasn't even completed.

-10/10
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Well this was the worst episode yet. Not only did the dumb *** hell boss fantasy's return, but the battle wasn't even completed.

-10/10
    The Princess clearly forfeited meaning the battle was over. Pikachu won.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    He was all over the preview, and the title directly references him. It was pretty clear he'd play a role here.

I thought it was pretty funny, the kind of insane episode that jumps all over the place which would've felt perfectly at home in Kanto. It was pretty dialogue-driven, though, so I can see it coming across as somewhat boring if you couldn't follow what people were saying.
    Opinions aside, I don't how it's clear before the etitle card aired that this episode is going to be focused on Citron. Let alone the title. I sa the translated preview and it didn't give a indication of Clemont episode at all (ywell he talks but remember XY13?)

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Enjoyed this episode, it was a lot funnier than i expected. The princess was a very entertaining character and who'd have thought she fell for Clemont.

Haha, very entertaining, loved the ending.

7/10.
    About the episode, I think that TR are useless in this episode compared to other ones. I predicted that Pikachu will win... but not by having the fur of Furfrou go out and Ally.

They actually are a fireowrks scene, but not how many of us (Shipping section) wanted to be.

I like Ally altough I don't like the ending too much, in al honestly. It was fine to see Citron's robot in the end.

Not only did the dumb *** hell boss fantasy's return
    You too? Could you please for the love of Helix go watch one of the boss fantasies pre-BW and compare them to this? I beg of you.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Oh please, that is crap. These forfeited battles are so stupid, especially after just one Thunderbolt. Get out of here with that ****.

I've seen more then enough of those thank you. I don't give two shits if it's different, it's still a BS boss fantasy. Oh and they blasted off without actually doing anything so ya, that makes it worse.
    How is it stupid? The Thunderbolt didn't KO Furfrou. The princess just threw a hissy fit seeing its fur get frizzled. And I have to say forfeiting for something so vain seemed on character for her.
    As for the boss fantasy it was nice to see one. It wasn't overdone or anything. And Jessie did piss off Snorlax by waking it up and TRio took a Hyper Beam.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast