Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Awakening the Sleeping Giant (821)

That wasn't a "boss fantasy", really. It was just a backdrop illustration for Musashi saying they could use the flute to catch a whole ton of powerful Kabigon and give them to the boss... which is what they say in pretty much every single episode where they're going after something other than Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post
    How is it stupid? The Thunderbolt didn't KO Furfrou. The princess just threw a hissy fit seeing its fur get frizzled. And I have to say forfeiting for something so vain seemed on character for her.
    As for the boss fantasy it was nice to see one. It wasn't overdone or anything. And Jessie did piss off Snorlax by waking it up and TRio took a Hyper Beam.
    Cuz forfeit battles are just stupid in general. If your gonna lose, lose gracefully, don't throw a tantrum. Also that's exactly my point. The Thunderbolt didn't KO Furfrou so them ending the battle was just a cop out.

Funny how then she forgets that she has a Wobbuffet. Apparently Mirror Coat only works on Pikachu.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh please, that is crap. These forfeited battles are so stupid, especially after just one Thunderbolt. Get out of here with that ****.

I've seen more then enough of those thank you. I don't give two shits if it's different, it's still a BS boss fantasy. Oh and they blasted off without actually doing anything so ya, that makes it worse.
    How is it BS? The goal of Team Rocket is to form an army of Pokemon and take over the world. Which was exactly the scenario that the "fantasy" was describing.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    How is it BS? The goal of Team Rocket is to form an army of Pokemon and take over the world. Which was exactly the scenario that the "fantasy" was describing.
    And that's great and all. However all the BS gags and blasting off have nothing to do with that which is why it is BS. The closest they ever got to that was on BW and that was without any of the stunts. The writers just do this stupidity to be funny and it really isn't. TR were irrelevant in this episode, especially when they got stopped in literally two seconds. That's why it was BS.

If they want to have their little fantasy's and do something right fro a change, then by all means, go ahead. But if it's just gonna be for stupid 2 minute plots then sorry, they are BS.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

And that's great and all. However all the BS gags and blasting off have nothing to do with that which is why it is BS. The closest they ever got to that was on BW and that was without any of the stunts. The writers just do this stupidity to be funny and it really isn't. TR were irrelevant in this episode, especially when they got stopped in literally two seconds. That's why it was BS.

If they want to have their little fantasy's and do something right fro a change, then by all means, go ahead. But if it's just gonna be for stupid 2 minute plots then sorry, they are BS.
    Jessie's magnificent flute skills were actually funny though, for a change.
    They woke up the Snorlax. They gave Snorlax a reason to be a little active instead of just waking up and starting to eat.

Btw seems like my man Dogasu would like to have a word with some of you people LOL.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f228/xy0...19/index2.html
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

TR's appearance in the episode was utterly pointless, unless you want to consider another comical scene of Jessie playing the flute as a reason.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Jessie's magnificent flute skills were actually funny though, for a change.
    They woke up the Snorlax. They gave Snorlax a reason to be a little active instead of just waking up and starting to eat.

Btw seems like my man Dogasu would like to have a word with some of you people LOL.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f228/xy0...19/index2.html
    Ya, the king was gonna wake him up anyways -_-....

Also all that did was earn them a Hyper Beam to the face.

Seriously it's like Jessie forgets she has a Wobbuffet the second Hyper Beam is used.

Ya, the king was gonna wake him up anyways -_-....

Also all that did was earn them a Hyper Beam to the face.

Seriously it's like Jessie forgets she has a Wobbuffet the second Hyper Beam is used.
    I'm still standing by the point that their presence gave Snorlax something to do, other than wake up and eat.

I'm still standing by the point that their presence gave Snorlax something to do, other than wake up and eat.
    Snorlax didn't need anything to do though, also if it really did, they could of at least made a real battle out of it.

Snorlax didn't need anything to do though, also if it really did, they could of at least made a real battle out of it.
    In your point of view maybe, but for little kiddies it could be the first time seeing a Snorlax, and they had to show that you don't mess with a Snorlax that got up on the wrong foot. Things are friggin' juggernauts.

So how many people falsely speculated Serena was gonna catch snorlax XD?

I wish episodes like this and the espurr one woiuld show up at the tail end of a region where the gang actually has the firepower required to take it on. It would make for a far more exciting experience.

This episode was decent. The humour was pretty nice and the interactions were OK. But I felt this episode was rather slow and Team Rocket wasn't needed at all. I also would've liked to see the Snorlax do a bit more than it did, as it didn't really do much.

Quote Originally Posted by CRVEmaster View Post
    This episode was decent. The humour was pretty nice and the interactions were OK. But I felt this episode was rather slow and Team Rocket wasn't needed at all. I also would've liked to see the Snorlax do a bit more than it did, as it didn't really do much.
    Would've done even less without Team Rocket. Just saiyan.

I ****ing loved it so much, I expected for it to range from average to good but it was fantastic. I thought this episode would be entirely focused and devoted to Ash but it was a Clemont episode surprisingly with some spice of Bonnie/Serena as well. Ash got some great focus here as well and it was in a fun way and not the screenhoggy way a good amount of his XY focus has been in thus far.

First thing that comes to mind and my favorite thing about this episode, Princess Ally was a fantastic antagonist for this episode. She was everything, strong, entertaining, filled to the brim with personality, she was simply perfect and everything I would want in a rival for Bonnie. Her constant noblewoman’s laughs, selfish/smart remarks, amusing moments and consistently great voice acting from Misato Fukuen a.k.a Oshawott/Georgia’s VA from Best Wishes truly made me smile.(Seriously go to the scene where she makes the proposition about Pikachu and that scene where she shouts “Chhhhharrgge Beam!” and tell me Misato Fukuen doesn’t have talent.) Not to mention I really liked the design a lot, the sharp eyes reminded me of Georgia, the holier-than-thou attitude and extremely fancy dressing reminded me of Moira a.k.a the Cinccino girl from BW2 that Iris tried to get back at. Ally’s moment with the fan, the constant laughing, finger-snapping, face-faulting, deadpan snarking, battle commanding, it was all fantastic.

I could write a freaking book on why that Parfum Princess was great, but I’ll just end it here and say she should return as a rival. Not for anyone on the main cast but Bonnie, her battle with Ash was left inconclusive, she’s quite small and around Bonnie’s size, Princess Ally’s constant advances toward Clemont and yandere-level obsession could really get under Bonnie’s skin and spark some strife between the two. Bonnie wants to get a bride to take care of Clemont, that’s one of the things she wants to accomplish and Ally’s interfering could really piss her off in a great way. Gradually they could move toward becoming rivals due to their dynamic and less because of Clemont. It’d simply be perfect in my opinion for Bonnie if she could have Parfum Princess for a rival and a big and great thing for her character. I do want to see Bonnie battle more and gradually grow into a more competent young kid as the journey through Kalos goes on and this could be a fantastic motivator for her. We’ve never had an ojou-sama character for a rival either.

Ash and Pikachu were actually great here too, I liked their scenes together and my favorite was that scene of Pikachu’s mouth with Ash grasping onto him while worried as they overlook the treasure. Clemont’s getting used as a date slave and calling out her on her behavior was simply great too. Not to mention being stripped down to his underwear and escaping like that and I gotta admit her crush on him was kind of cute, she even set up a fireworks date for them. Bonnie’s scenes were great as always, “the future is now thanks to science” stuff, her concern for Clemont, her moments with Serena and everything are always relaxing and entertaining for me because they bring a certain something daily that makes me want to root for her and to see more from her.

As mundane as I thought the Snorlax stuff would be, I was surprised when I found myself interested in the relationship between Snorlax and the town. The king was nicely-designed and entertaining without being too over-the-top and annoying about it. The one flaw that sticks out for this episode for me is Team Rocket and how unneeded they were. We had an antagonist in the princess, TR were completely unnecessary. Jessie playing the flute and proceeding to get sent skyward by Snorlax was such a waste of time. It just feels like they’re being put in for the sake of being put in and it does make me wonder if the Rocket’s VAs have a contract or something saying they have to voice act in a certain amount of episodes because their inclusion here was forced and pointless. Snorlax’s rage was quickly and abruptly calmed and completely just put in for the sake of giving TR a blast off scene.

So yeah, great episode, could have done without Team Rocket but pretty much everything else was great.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 5th March 2014 at 4:59 AM.

Wow, this episode becomes the most watched ep in XY anime so far with a 6.4 rating surpassing XY008 (6.2).

The audience shook up 1.6% from XY017.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Wow, this episode becomes the most watched ep in XY anime so far with a 6.4 rating surpassing XY008 (6.2).

maybe probably too many funny moments were covered in the episode that will look entertaining for people to watch.

the next episode we'll be a little bit serious though

Would've done even less without Team Rocket. Just saiyan.
    Dude, the only thing Snorlax did was provoke the obligatory blasting of scene.
    You're making it seem like blasting TR off is something special or something like that.
    Last edited by Magma Bomb; 5th March 2014 at 6:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    About the episode, I think that TR are useless in this episode compared to other ones. I predicted that Pikachu will win... but not by having the fur of Furfrou go out and Ally.

They actually are a fireowrks scene, but not how many of us (Shipping section) wanted to be.

I like Ally altough I don't like the ending too much, in al honestly. It was fine to see Citron's robot in the end.
    I'm not an actual shipper but even i would have liked to see Serena get shy around Ash or something.

TR were pretty pointless, but it's how the shows formula has always been. No point complaining now and personally i do like seeing TR.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post

Hopefully a sign of better ratings to come

This episode was brilliant. It was so funny and is, as of now, my favourite XY episode.

Some highlights:
    - The animation was very well done.
    - I especially love the flashbacks like the Snorlax and the two Castles
    - Haha at Clemont's invention being an alarm-clock named after his sister xD
    - The King of Shabboneau Castle is so cute :3 His chubby design makes me want to hug him
    - Boss fantasy is back!
    - Bonnie finds a hole in the hedges. Well done!
    - I like that Furfrou style
    - Princess Ally is officially one of my favourite COtDs; she is my spirit animal
    - I repeat, the animation is so well done! I love the design for Parfum Palace and the gardens
    - Ally wants Pikachu and Ash refuses hehe; how cute
    - "What's mine is mine. What I get is mine. Therefore, the Pokemon flute is mine!" What an endearing little creature
    - I am laughing at all the gold she offers Ash for Pikachu. Serena's face is priceless xD
    - Oh Ally. Your Furfrou's fur gets dirty and you forfeit the battle? Gosh she is humorous.
    - Lol when she switches the rules after losing.
    - I love it when Clemont scolds her and she falls for him. Omg.
    - Haha when Bonnie gives Clemont up. What a little traitor lol
    - OMG the whole Clemont/Ally stuff made me laugh out loud. I can't remember the last time I laughed hard in a pokemon episode.
    - I love how everyone forgot Clemont and then Clemont plays a trick on her with the robot to get away!
    - And in the end when Serena gets embarrassed because Clemont is in his underwear and she closes her eyes. LOL

I love, love, love this episode! Very entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    - And in the end when Serena gets embarrassed because Clemont is in his underwear and she closes her eyes. LOL
    serena is a a girl she will definitely be embarassed to see clemont in his underwear but bonnie looks calm.
    bonnie is different ?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    Well, it's pretty much expected when a recent friend sees you in your underwear. Total disgust and revulsion.

Nevertheless, funny episode.

on what i can say this episode turns out to be the more comedic type rather than the action type since the battle i think was somehow looks like normal in my case.

hence why it would have a high rating because comedy is so much involved in this particular episode.

usually form what i know comedy episode tends to have high ratings iirc.

There is something about this season and the way they talk it feels so natural, I LOVE IT!

When clemont scolds ally, he makes actual points a normal person would make, when he says "You might be able to act like this here, but if you keep acting like this, you'll end up with no friends" and then bonnie and serena even comment saying that it was a bit harsh. I feel like they're actually showing different emotions and not exaggerate with them, they could have been all cartoony and over the top with clemont talking to ally but they weren't and it worked so well for the different tone for that moment.
    Friends are family you choose

That ending reminded me of that one episode where they left gliscor behind.

Tis was funny.

You go clemont.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

This episode really surprised me. I thought it was gonna b one of those boring fillers of yesteryear but I was wrong. It was actually pretty funny. Loved that the creators are still keeping with the humor of pokemon that was well known back in the day.

Loved the lil princess character. I hope that she has a recurring role this generation

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast