19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 94.74%
  • No

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Serebii Journal Discussion Thread Version 2

Default The Serebii Journal Discussion Thread Version 2

Like last month, discuss this months issue here. Also vote on if you'd like another issue next month. If it does return, it will be the 5th of April.

Pending Article Ideas

Now that UU is somewhat organized now and is an official Smogon tier, I think it's wise to start delving into that metagame.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

I liked this, it was organized very well and pleasant to read. The use of DP and Gen 1 sprites in the respective articles was a nice touch too.

I've got to say, the "What If? moves" article was fun to read. That's definitely something I'd like to see more of in the future. Shift Gear Metagross, Regenerator Swampert (which actually makes sense, unlike Sap Sipper), [insert any good coverage move] Klingklang, the possibilities go on.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    I liked this, it was organized very well and pleasant to read. The use of DP and Gen 1 sprites in the respective articles was a nice touch too.

I've got to say, the "What If? moves" article was fun to read. That's definitely something I'd like to see more of in the future. Shift Gear Metagross, Regenerator Swampert (which actually makes sense, unlike Sap Sipper), [insert any good coverage move] Klingklang, the possibilities go on.
    Echoing this. Theorymon is always nifty to see, and it would be a good way of getting more people's opinions represented in the Journal.

Something that might be interesting for future articles would be to discuss the ramifications of various changes that have been made throughout Pokémon's history (the introduction of items, Steel/Dark types, abilities, EVs, the physical-special split, etc.) and exploring what the metagame would be like today had those changes not been made.

ya i liked the idea and figured we can do one to test the general interest. This will be a recurring article as there are a lot of pokemon that want other moves.

UU we could do tho i would want to wait till the start suspecting. We could do a hidden jem article on BL and discuss their viability in OU and why or why not they may be broken in UU

I third what the above two posters said. More theorymon is nice. Two that I'd like to mention are Shift Gear Metagross, and Dragon Dance Garchomp. Both seem both plausible and threatening at the same time.

Anyways, when I was reading this, one thing bothered me. When you were at the Choice Band set, you made a set for Genesect. Unless I'm missing something, there's really no reason to run Hasty, since there are only physical moves present.

Other than that, I liked it.

Edit: how the hell did I get ninja'd 12 minutes ago...

Even though UU is pretty unstable right now, there are still some top tier threats there. An article on those would be nice.
    Last edited by Clone™; 1st March 2014 at 8:27 PM.

genesect needs hasty to use espeed and blaze kick as it was an event

Oh, okay. That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    I third what the above two posters said. More theorymon is nice. Two that I'd like to mention are Shift Gear Metagross, and Dragon Dance Garchomp. Both seem both plausible and threatening at the same time.

Anyways, when I was reading this, one thing bothered me. When you were at the Choice Band set, you made a set for Genesect. Unless I'm missing something, there's really no reason to run Hasty, since there are only physical moves present.

Other than that, I liked it.

Edit: how the hell did I get ninja'd 12 minutes ago...

Even though UU is pretty unstable right now, there are still some top tier threats there. An article on those would be nice.
    Funnily enough, I did have a Flare Blitz Klinklang idea ready to go but had to cut it from the final.

Anyway, I'll be finding some new avenue of TheoryMon for March (or someone else). Just wondering what kind of Theorymonning everyone here wants to read/see/feel/taste/etc.

[In Clan Memoriam]
    Memories are eternal.

Survival isn't eternal

In my opinion all the serebii Journals should be kept in a sub forum of some sorts that way you dont have to search through old threads to find them.

Other than that im really enjoying the series

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Quote Originally Posted by Eliteknight View Post
    In my opinion all the serebii Journals should be kept in a sub forum of some sorts that way you dont have to search through old threads to find them.

Other than that im really enjoying the series
    Eh, I don't think that'd work until we have so many of them that they're clogging up the sticky section. Maybe if there were enough discussion/contribution threads to go with it, but atm I don't see that happening.

^this

We wont create a sub forum section unless this continues and increases in popularity

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Funnily enough, I did have a Flare Blitz Klinklang idea ready to go but had to cut it from the final.

Anyway, I'll be finding some new avenue of TheoryMon for March (or someone else). Just wondering what kind of Theorymonning everyone here wants to read/see/feel/taste/etc.
    Not trying to criticize or anything, but how exactly would a bunch of gears spontaneously combust into flames?

Anyways, Id like what we had this issue. I think its a bit early for theorymonning for new Pokes, and I cant think of anything else off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Not trying to criticize or anything, but how exactly would a bunch of gears spontaneously combust into flames?

Anyways, Id like what we had this issue. I think its a bit early for theorymonning for new Pokes, and I cant think of anything else off the top of my head.
    It'll probably grind its gears at a high enough speed to spark itself alight.
    I am all for Regenerator Swampert, cause Sap Sipper Swampert will be too OP.
    Anything other than lolDamp.

As for suggestions, I guess we could look into the versatility of one-shot items, like Weakness Policies and the like.
    Many thanks to Astral Shadow for the (rather old) shifting userbar and Garnet who I assume created the guild userbar.

Are you interested in PASBL? I'd recommend the Getting Started thread.
    Still have questions? Drop by the Trainer and Referee Q&A!

Machinery overheats and sometimes can combust.

[In Clan Memoriam]
    Memories are eternal.

Survival isn't eternal

Ya i was considering doing featured items but idk how i fell about that

Quote Originally Posted by Rider Of Aeons View Post
    It'll probably grind its gears at a high enough speed to spark itself alight.
    I am all for Regenerator Swampert, cause Sap Sipper Swampert will be too OP.
    Anything other than lolDamp.

As for suggestions, I guess we could look into the versatility of one-shot items, like Weakness Policies and the like.
    I guess that makes sense. Thats the only thing I could think of tbh.

I also second the items suggestion. Although I think it could be extended to other items too. The only one shot items that are common that I can think of are Weakness Policy, Red Card (Ive seen it a few times), and Air Balloon.

we can do one with air balloon, weakness policy, and berries

Quote Originally Posted by McDanger View Post
    we can do one with air balloon, weakness policy, and berries
    >Berries
    YES!!! I'm all for that. XD
    You'd have to include Harvesters for sure. And maybe Pokemon that abuse other types of berries. Like lolCheekPouch.

And Natural Gifters. Reliable ones like Talonflame among other users.
    Many thanks to Astral Shadow for the (rather old) shifting userbar and Garnet who I assume created the guild userbar.

Are you interested in PASBL? I'd recommend the Getting Started thread.
    Still have questions? Drop by the Trainer and Referee Q&A!

I really don't see the point in doing one with items like those. For the most part, they're extremely niche items. The times to use them are pretty self explanatory, and they hold little presence in the current metagame, unlike Choice Items. Assault Vest is really the only item I could see an in depth analyses be done on. Air Balloon has very obvious uses, type resistance berries are extremely niche/gimmicky, and so is Weakness Policy. For these items I can really only see 1-2 sentences being done on each, and I just don't think it would make a very good article.

dont forget status berries, but ya i'm not overly fond of the idea but it is possible. I'm hesitant to do an AV article as smogon just did one

Quote Originally Posted by McDanger View Post
    dont forget status berries, but ya i'm not overly fond of the idea but it is possible. I'm hesitant to do an AV article as smogon just did one
    copycatmuch

Besides the Choice Items article, the only article regarding items I can think of that would be useful is one on how much they influence the LC metagame, which could include what impact certain items have on it, and why the reliance on items in the metagame makes Knock Off a much greater threat in LC than in other tiers.

Next months issue will feature a minimum of 8 articles, one will be an interview and another will be a rmt. Next weekend I will confirm the theme for this month

We could do an article regarding Types and listing them from most useless to most useful both offensively and defensively in the current metagame.
    Another article idea could be top 10 abilities seen in OU (to avoid having to refer to Shedinja's WonderGuard)
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

Quote Originally Posted by Gray™ View Post
    We could do an article regarding Types and listing them from most useless to most useful both offensively and defensively in the current metagame.
    Another article idea could be top 10 abilities seen in OU (to avoid having to refer to Shedinja's WonderGuard)
    On that note, we could also do an article about competitive retypings.

[In Clan Memoriam]
    Memories are eternal.

Survival isn't eternal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast