19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 94.74%
  • No

1 5.26%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Serebii Journal Discussion Thread Version 2

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    On that note, we could also do an article about competitive retypings.
    So theorymon for that? That could work.

I'd like to add abilities that some Pokes wish they got. Just like the movepools, except this time its the abilities.

Heres the update I promised

1. the theme for this month is water. This means we will have a type analysis of water as well as the featured threats being water pokemon

2. I talked with Shine and SkittyonWailord and they both gave me the ok to add a TCG section. This will feature a featured card, pokemon or yugioh, and a deck analysis, again pokemon or yugioh. you can ask for Magic the gathering but i know nothing about that and would need help writing an article on it.

3. Due to popularity, we will feature a theorymon article every month that I can think of stuff more it. Each month will be a different one, meaning this months will not be on new moves

4. This is also a big one. Serebii Journals will be reformatted. Below is a skeleton of the upcoming issue which will have 15 articles

Issue 3

Metagame Articles
    -
    -

Older Generation Articles
    -

Alternate Metagame Articles
    -
    -

Battle Strategy
    -
    -

TCG
    -
    -

Community
    - Interview
    - Featured RMT

Misc
    -Type Analysis - Water
    - Theorymon Article
    -

Entertainment
    -

I am surprised so far there have been no editorials regarding the competitive scene yet. For me personally, that would be a fun bit to write on, a sort of Andy Rooney observation each month or so to close out the journal.

As to the content, so far its pretty solid, but very standard since it is a primary focus on OU play only at this time. As unstable as the other tiers might be, cracking into those soon would be a good idea to keep things fresher. There is only so much that can be said about Aegislash in OU, for example, before it gets too redundant. Hopefully the "type theme" idea you have going on helps to alleviate that problem.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

Quote Originally Posted by LinksOcarina View Post
    I am surprised so far there have been no editorials regarding the competitive scene yet. For me personally, that would be a fun bit to write on, a sort of Andy Rooney observation each month or so to close out the journal.

As to the content, so far its pretty solid, but very standard since it is a primary focus on OU play only at this time. As unstable as the other tiers might be, cracking into those soon would be a good idea to keep things fresher. There is only so much that can be said about Aegislash in OU, for example, before it gets too redundant. Hopefully the "type theme" idea you have going on helps to alleviate that problem.
    I have to stick to OU alot because not many of our members play other tiers, tho I plan to as change it up as this gains popularity. As for an editorial, idk if we have enough that happens in a month atm, usually 2 tours and 2 guild wars. I do like the idea tho and we could try it next month since the serebii tours will be running again there in addition to our normal stuff.

I admit i'm in the minority on that, I hate playing in OU because of the rather ABC way of play it almost requires you to do to win.

An editorial doesn't even have to be about events we see, although thats usually the easiest way to do it. It could literally be about anything you want, from how ugly the design a pokemon has, to how effective a game strategy is when in play. I say give it some thought and if you have room next month, give it a shot. Your tribute to the OU pokemon since generation 1 is a good start down that road.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

Quote Originally Posted by LinksOcarina View Post
    I admit i'm in the minority on that, I hate playing in OU because of the rather ABC way of play it almost requires you to do to win.

An editorial doesn't even have to be about events we see, although thats usually the easiest way to do it. It could literally be about anything you want, from how ugly the design a pokemon has, to how effective a game strategy is when in play. I say give it some thought and if you have room next month, give it a shot. Your tribute to the OU pokemon since generation 1 is a good start down that road.
    I may be able to fit it in this month, i do like the idea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12