Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142
Results 1,026 to 1,029 of 1029

Thread: Religion in today's society

Quote Originally Posted by Baba Yaga View Post
    Throwing out an ad hominem like that and assuming my motives are to appear as some sort of bad boy on a pokemon forum is just plain disrespectful. Check yourself next time before you come at me like that, mmkay? If you're referring to my tone being sharp, well, get over it. Wearing kid gloves on this topic isn't my thing.
    I'm sorry. I honestly thought you were trying to be a Pokémon bad boy. Why else would you bypass the censors?

Quote Originally Posted by Baba Yaga View Post
    I have no shortage of vitriol to aim at Christianity and Judaism, just for the record. I understand that people are nervous that many are going to look at the Charlie Hebdo attacks and use that to demonize all Muslims and reinforce their already existing Islamophobia, and I agree that fear is justified. The attacks are empowering the far right in Europe and that's really scary stuff, but it's not a reason to ignore the apparent religious motivations or make it about something that it wasn't. My point is that liberals, my ilk, are coming out in droves all chomping at the bit to make this an issue not about religion. I'm not cool with that, no one should be. I mean, your post is exactly the kind of thing that I'm talking about. No one was even saying Christianity and Judaism were bad for example, but you had this knee jerk reaction and implied that I was picking on Islam in some fashion. Clearly, other religions have unspeakable acts of violence committed in their name, but the reason why Islam seems to get most of the focus in the 21st century is because most acts of violence are being carried out in the name of that particular religion. It's not my fault that suicide bombers are more prevalent than Christians that bomb abortion clinics, it's not my fault that sizeable chunks of the Muslim population support things like death for apostasy than Jews that support death for working on the Sabbath, and it's not my fault that extreme misogyny is more pronounced in majority Muslim countries than it is anywhere else. Just because it's getting the most attention and receiving the brunt of religious criticism in today's discourse doesn't mean it's being persecuted.
    You said, "Islam, as well as any religion that sanctions violence or bigotry deserves to be condemned." I just wanted to clarify, for the viewers at home, that Judaism and Christianity are also in that same boat.
    Jackpot!

I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

I dont care about belifs as long as they arent extreme. Im atheist for the reason of christians are just straight up stupid when it comes to video games. a lot of hardcore christians will think that pokemon (or yugioh, digimon, bakugan, ect.) is satanic brainwashing. ive heard of a petition to outlaw clash of clans, fueled by christians. people take religion too seriously, and it makes me feel like religion is stupid. if a christian that would try to convert me, id say no, because your people make christianity just a reason to try to outlaw my hobbies. like i said, dont care what religion you are, i wont discriminate... unless you worship cresselia... xD
    The Evil Sweeper Six Toxic Mono
    NormalmTrainer Card

Quote Originally Posted by Clone™ View Post
    Does Religion have a place in today's society? Or should it be an individual belief?

These two questions are just to get the ball rolling.

This topic may be sensitive to some users, so please be aware of that if you come here. If you don't agree with someone's opinion, tell them why in a logical manner.
    Just to pop my two cents here. Religion being a variety of ideologies generally makes it hard to abolish from a country without some sort of extreme reform. However, I do believe it possible that it can phase out overtime, maybe in decades or centuries or it would still be prominent as it were now. In my country, any individual has a freedom of choosing whatever religion he or she chooses to practice. So I find it a bit hard to imagine my country or our current society without religion yet.
    3DS Friend Code: 3454-0782-1475

My philosophy is that if a belief directly causes oppression or holds back human progress, it should not exist
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Cresselia(586 SR)

Can sociopaths feel despair?