Page 676 of 676 FirstFirst ... 576626666672673674675676
Results 16,876 to 16,895 of 16895

Thread: General Chat Thread

what even is duck dynasty? it looks like backwoods hicks doing dumb **** to me

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    what even is duck dynasty? it looks like backwoods hicks doing dumb **** to me
    I think that's what it is.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Duck Dynasty is about a racist old man and his kids who pretend to be rednecks because that market eats it up. Phil Robertson is also a "Muslim expert" for Fox News, where he suggest things like throwing bacon on them.

Oh yeah he also said black people where happier when they were slaves.
    Last edited by bobjr; 25th March 2015 at 7:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I think that's what it is.
    i think they have a game too, it's probably bad
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    Duck Dynasty is about a racist old man and his kids who pretend to be rednecks because that market eats it up. Phil Robertson is also a "Muslim expert" for Fox News, where he suggest things like throwing bacon on them.

how is that guy even employed right now?

He actually got suspended a year or so ago for going on an anti-gay rant, but rednecks got mad and A&E caved under pressure basically.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6936662.html

Jeremy Clarkson got kicked off TV why can't this person?
    but muh freedom of speech

He actually got suspended a year or so ago for going on an anti-gay rant, but rednecks got mad and A&E caved under pressure basically.
    tl;dr our country is run by people with no ****ing brains.

i don't think A&E runs anything, i actually forgot about that channel lmao

Alas, the wellfare rancher is not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    i think they have a game too, it's probably bad
    Long cutscenes and tutorial hell.

how is that guy even employed right now?
    Insert clever youtube response.
    That and politics.

3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Lmao I would love to see those conversations. Some of the **** I've seen guys say on those apps is so ridiculous, it'd be amazing to see like a feature length version.

Yeah they show some but the only bad part is it wasn't enough. I used to use tinder and some of the stuff thirsty dudes say.. Barf.

I almost wish the developer of the bot didn't step in before they met up, but I can see there was probably liability issues

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

This just made my day . . . er, night. Whatever time it is.

"Let the dead whine about their fate. As long as I draw breath, I choose to keep fighting!" -Basilio, Fire Emblem: Awakening
    I have officially claimed Pokémon Alpha Sapphire!
    I have also claimed Nowi.

The worst people in the world are people who eat carrots or other loud food in a quiet office and crunch as loudly as possible. I want to punch someone.

So The X-Files is being revived. I love the show, but it ended, even though the ending was rather ambiguous... and disappointingly sudden. And I thought the second movie didn't do well enough. :/
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; Yesterday at 1:43 AM.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%

The X Files had a bad ending because Chris Carter kept bringing up new questions instead of answering old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    but muh freedom of speech
    Getting kicked off a show for being very blatantly anti-homosexual to the extent that it could cause serious harm to a company brand is literally denying my rights

PSA: Samurai Champloo is a great show if you haven't already seen it for some reason you totally should

Also the new Death Grips album leaked last week and that's pretty awesome too. It's been a pretty alright couple of weeks

Isn't the creator of X-Files a gaming journalist now? Is he going back to TV?

We are born of the blood... Made men by the blood... Undone by the blood...
    And so the nightly hunt begins...

Cleric Beast | Father Gascoigne | Blood-starved Beast
    Vicar Amelia | The Witches of Hemwick | Darkbeast Paarl

Lol. Duck Dynasty. When I worked for Wal-Mart I had this one old lady come up to me with her walker and ask me where the duck dynasty panties were. We had an entire section full of DD merchandise. I think it's really sad, in a way. Duck Dynasty is so popular because it taps into the fantasies of poor rural people. Every redneck wishes their life was like the stuff that takes place on that show, if only they knew that the cast are actually a bunch of yuppie country club douches.
    Last edited by Baba Yaga; Yesterday at 12:38 PM.

That's the case with every redneck idol though, most of them play it up for the crowd. Larry the Cable Guy used to be the big example before Duck Dynasty. He wouldn't get much of reaction doing stand up, then Dan Whitman became Larry the Cable Guy and he became a redneck icon.

Looks like I actually missed some interesting discussion while I was gone. I picked the wrong 3 days to temporarily have a life.

Met my facebook stalker irl for the first time, they where surprisingly quiet in person. Also went to a Pride party that was dead as dirt and hosted the first half of my anime club. It was nostalgia night, so I played the episode of Pokemon with James and his Growlithe. (good pick am I right?)
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    This is also really brilliant. Tinder looks like it's all fun and games until someone contacts you. I like fun and games, but not terriying creepy messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Baba Yaga View Post
    Lol. Duck Dynasty. When I worked for Wal-Mart I had this one old lady come up to me with her walker and ask me where the duck dynasty panties were. We had an entire section full of DD merchandise. I think it's really sad, in a way. Duck Dynasty is so popular because it taps into the fantasies of poor rural people. Every redneck wishes their life was like the stuff that takes place on that show, if only they knew that the cast are actually a bunch of yuppie country club douches.
    Like underwear with the bearded guys faces on it? That's weird.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Page 676 of 676 FirstFirst ... 576626666672673674675676