Page 783 of 783 FirstFirst ... 683733773779780781782783
Results 19,551 to 19,561 of 19561

Thread: General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Don't you mean what a vanillite? (why is there no vanillite smiley?)

Bad puns aside I think I probably know what you mean by vanilla, but I admit I am not super in touch with the lingo, pretty clueless in that area.

And now I am sounding like a bad stereotype of someone posting on a pokemon forum.

Watch me tumble stuff:http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/
    My terrible music: https://soundcloud.com/zazie-ayesha-mckenzie
    comic by the band Epsilon Minus

There is a vanillite smiley the smileys just use colons instead of semicolons for everything after gen iv for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/12/politi...ter/index.html

Damn it, I was really hoping Ted Cruz would have said "yeah it was me that liked the tweet". What a vanilla.
    Ted Cruz trying to cover his *** makes me laugh for reasons I cannot readily describe.

There is a vanillite smiley the smileys just use colons instead of semicolons for everything after gen iv for some reason.
    They also aren't animated. (Probably couldn't get anyone to do it.)

PM me if you want my Discord.
    It's way easier than getting in touch with me on here.

The spp misc discord has fun smilies like Crash Woah and the ditto magnemite.

I keep meaning to join that since it's probably more fun than posting in the debate forum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    Pretty sure Jb's only experience with women is with his waifus, so I can't say as I'm surprised by him being unable to advise anyone decently.
    Pfft please kid. Topic wasn't even about women

And even if it was my waifu > everyone else's

What happened to you, sppf? You used to be better than this.

The forum has been empty lately. What's up?
    Lately? This place has been dead for the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    Lot's of established members either got banned or moved on. At least that's what happened to misc and the video game sections. It happened years ago at this point, though. Making unfounded assumptions about your join date, I am guessing you weren't even posting here before that happened.

People will say that it's because forums are on decline, which is probably partially true, but there are a lot of forums which haven't been hit anywhere near as bad as here.
    Lots of other sites give you more freedom online than this one does. From sigs, avatars and language to multiple accounts. I think it's more of a sppf thing than a forum thing. I mean, we used to have a rule where you couldn't have too many colors in your sig >.> Most of the people actively posting seem to be either new users or people who been here for years and just log on for the hell of it.

When I first rejoined it was for the clan section (now called guilds for whatever reason). There used to be like 20 active clans at a time, with hundreds members. A lot of new rules discourged activity though. So much that some were amended because people stop posting in the section http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...1#post17757211

I think the forums could use some type of a reboot to garner interest. Maybe a tournament for all registered members, or contests that don't end with no winner like that Photoshop one from a bunch of years back.

I kind of just miss all the ****posting that used to go on here. SPPF used to be a good place for that, kind of wild but not at 4chan levels or anything like it.

Though I guess the fact that I can actually use the word feeds into what jb was saying.
    ---

I might actually try this discord thing, since everyone seems to keep talking about it, not just on here, but on the internet in general. I am generally pretty iffy about messaging apps and privacy, but the pull seems to be strong with this one.

Watch me tumble stuff:http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/
    My terrible music: https://soundcloud.com/zazie-ayesha-mckenzie
    comic by the band Epsilon Minus

Yeah, there's no real incentive to post here if you already aren't talking to some on here and just don't want to add them somewhere else. There are many needless regulations here. For instance, that terrible news sticky from 2012 that's still around. Getting rid of it now will do nothing, but that was a bad move. Don't even get started on the other things that just stifle discussion on here. Not that it matters much to me anymore. I come here once or twice a month to reply to VMs.

Plus, there's no real need for the actual Serebii site anymore.

It's sad that the only ongoing threads here are the pics thread and the two good/bad part of your day threads.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Did the sun come up for everyone today? Sure did here! I'm half-watching some documentary where these people caught a giant turtle, put a conspicuous antenna on its shell, and then threw it back in the water. Now it's going to look like a dork in front of all its turtle friends, and it will never know why. Also, I need to figure out some handheld game to play during commercial breaks when I spend literally the entire day watching football. This might be shocking, but I may end up playing a Pokemon game. Whoa.
    Yeah, but the only reason it goes up for me is just to read more books. What a life.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Yeah, the news sticky should have been taken down awhile ago, in my opinion. I'm sure it served a purpose once upon a time when the forum was more active, with members posting every BS article that they thought counted as news, but not now.

What could have helped was having a subsection devoted to it, because in a single thread people are competing against eachother for comments before the next person posts a completely different article. It would have prevented that and the main Misc. section from being clogged with too many news stories. Too late now, I guess.
    Last edited by Baba Yaga; 17th September 2017 at 3:02 AM.

The News thread only cut down on people making "RIP" threads for famous people.

So instead of main Misc having multiple discussion threads for multiple people talking about the persons life, cause of death or whatever, everyone was directed to sticky that no one views because it doesn't have a definitive topic. The hitter there is that you have to format your post there like you're making a thread anyway by getting a link and taking a quote making the few lines about the topic.

Hell, even this very thread has a lot of rules, especially for a general chat thread. I do remember the pony macros getting outta hand but eh

I also remember social groups and the Anonymous_Smod
    Last edited by Jb; 17th September 2017 at 7:20 AM.

Anonymous_Smod seemed like it was a cluster**** waiting to happen but I don't remember if it did.

Anyway. It's been a few years since I actually specifically could think of any Pokemon merch that I wanted. Then I saw these...

God I am such a ****in loser lul

Page 783 of 783 FirstFirst ... 683733773779780781782783