Page 770 of 785 FirstFirst ... 670720760766767768769770771772773774780 ... LastLast
Results 19,226 to 19,250 of 19619

Thread: General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

hello friends

i am reviving #spp-misc. and look i made it even easier to join

just click here, type in your name, and #spp-misc for the channel, and you are there

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)
    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)
    [21:03] <+Skiks> ellie is out of context
    [21:04] <+Skiks> the experience

It's alive

IT'S ALIVE

AKA Collector Togami. Current ribbon masters (554 ribbons total):

I support this. Since the community here is relatively small it would be a pretty nifty way to get to know one another.

I remember spp-misc.

Glad to see this place hasn't moved too far since I last looked inside of it.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    I went to Rhode Island Comic Con this weekend with some friends. It was awesome. You should all go to more cons.
    I've wanted to go to some, but I have had trouble rallying friends to go, or they fell on times I couldn't go (IIRC the last one I could've gone to before I went to Taiwan fell on the weekend of my friends' wedding reception). I haven't looked very hard for such events in Taiwan, but I really doubt that very many expats go to them. I mean, why would you if Japan is closer?

I haven't been to a con in about 2 years. I have to go because I need to start selling prints nd stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    I remember spp-misc.

Glad to see this place hasn't moved too far since I last looked inside of it.
    The activity drop off is pretty crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The activity drop off is pretty crazy
    I remember when I frequented this thread when I was younger and would always get lost in the conversations happening... The old days

Quote Originally Posted by roule View Post
    I remember when I frequented this thread when I was younger and would always get lost in the conversations happening... The old days
    I think it's a few things like people moving on and this forum being a lot stricter than other social Media outlets. I mean, no custom avatar and signature limitations in almost 2017 is crazy. In the old days it was fine since the site had lag issues but the big update like 4 or so years back fixed that. For this section, it's probably just easier to talk about your misc stuff in detecated outlets

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I think it's a few things like people moving on and this forum being a lot stricter than other social Media outlets. I mean, no custom avatar and signature limitations in almost 2017 is crazy. In the old days it was fine since the site had lag issues but the big update like 4 or so years back fixed that. For this section, it's probably just easier to talk about your misc stuff in detecated outlets
    i hate to say it, but this is pretty much it. Plus a lot of people use Reddit, regardless of its quality, because of the convenience

yeah uh i dont think the avatars and signatures have anything to do with it considering reddit has neither of those. but some of us still prefer not to have mobile pages lag to hell due to every special snowflake feeling they need a 5000000000 kb gif in their sig

i think it's just bc dedicated hobby forums as a whole have gone down. reddit is horrible but you can make one reddit account and be able to access sections for just about anything you can think of. until the site completely shits the bed (and it seems to be getting close with everything thats happened lately) and something else rises to take its place, thats probably how its gonna be

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    yeah uh i dont think the avatars and signatures have anything to do with it considering reddit has neither of those. but some of us still prefer not to have mobile pages lag to hell due to every special snowflake feeling they need a 5000000000 kb gif in their sig

i think it's just bc dedicated hobby forums as a whole have gone down. reddit is horrible but you can make one reddit account and be able to access sections for just about anything you can think of. until the site completely shits the bed (and it seems to be getting close with everything thats happened lately) and something else rises to take its place, thats probably how its gonna be
    It doesn't seem to be all dedicated hobby related forums in my experience, I know of some that are still very much active. Though those ones having a much older average demographic than SPPF.

I have sort of broken down and just used reddit for some things, but it's really not the same, Reddit is kind of like an D tier forum, mostly only capable of handling the most shallow of content.

I am surprised the site isn't doing well though, everyone I know or meet uses Serebii for their pokemon info. And that's more people than I can keep track of.

Watch me tumble stuff:http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/
    My terrible music: https://soundcloud.com/zazie-ayesha-mckenzie
    comic by the band Epsilon Minus

I personally use Bulbapedia for general info and gamefaqs and 4chan for news since it breaks there first. I prefer the wiki entities style for Pokemon. It's a lot neater than the main site here. Smogon gets out competitive battling articles faster without needing to wait a week for one Pokemon. This site does feel more homey, but that's kinda negated by a lot of users leaving

I honestly like individual forums better than reddit, because at least you like... get to know people on here.

the site itself is doing well, it's just the forums that have dwindled, but that seems to be the case for a lot of pokemon forums. reddit seems to be a lot faster for breaking content than gfaqs or 4chan, in fact that's pretty much all i use reddit for since the discussions/etc are terrible. as for main site content, i still prefer serebii's info pages to bulbapedia's and if you use the search bar it is usually super easy to find what you want. competitive, yeahhh... but i play vgc and not smogon tiers and there isnt really a good vgc site anymore. nb **** the bed and smogon's vgc isnt that great either so i just play on showdown and whatever

Plus Reddit is having some problems of it's own now, but parts of reddit have always been a problem.

Yeahhhh. When I first started using the site it was /r/jailbait, then fph, now Trp incels etc

Also it is POURING outside when none of the news outlets seemed to estimate such a big storm. California drought over?

I never really go to the "manosphere"* section of reddit, so I wouldn't know anything about that.

My issue is that a lot subs that are potentially interesting are really slow in the activity range, and a lot the more active ones are just flooded with newbie posts. It seems to be more of a place to post selfies or ask for advice, or other stuff like that than it is a forum replacement. Which isn't a bad thing in of itself, those are useful functions, some of which I even use myself.

*i think that's what they call it

Watch me tumble stuff:http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/
    My terrible music: https://soundcloud.com/zazie-ayesha-mckenzie
    comic by the band Epsilon Minus

well besides the disgusting underbelly of bigoted idiots, the biggest issue with reddit is their algorithm. things that are newer and highly-upvoted rise to the top, which means something like a longer text post that took actual thought will take maybe 10 minutes for some to read and vote on, while an image macro you can read from the thumbnail will have already earned 1000 upvotes and the same newbie questions that have been asked 100x will also have gathered a few upvotes by people too lazy to look for the answers on their own.

that, and the admins try to have it both ways. they dont want to take responsibility for bad subreddits but they also want to take credit for the good ones and are horrible about taking suggestions and fixing things for the subreddit moderators.

I almost snagged up a NES Classic at Target, but someone beat me to it. Oh well. Had I bought it, I was going to gift it for Christmas.

Spoiler:- Here's my friend codes for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS:

that, and the admins try to have it both ways. they dont want to take responsibility for bad subreddits but they also want to take credit for the good ones and are horrible about taking suggestions and fixing things for the subreddit moderators.
    Gamefaqs boards annoy me because every game that has any ounce of disappointment with them has to be that the developer is terrible and they should apologize.
    SSB Wii U and FF XV for example.

Also, when Tracer was shown as being gay, it had to be dem der Es Jay Double Yous.

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

didnt you know that any game that doesnt conform to exactly what i would want in a game has to be because of the dirty SJWs??

didnt you know that any game that doesnt conform to exactly what i would want in a game has to be because of the dirty SJWs??
    I mean, Overwatch has already achieved some level of diversity already with it's cast such as yoga robot monks.

A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

I'm in this awesome new group on Facebook that specifically make fun of "anti-SJW" nerds. I have the time of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    I'm in this awesome new group on Facebook that specifically make fun of "anti-SJW" nerds. I have the time of my life.
    The internet is the one place were nerds and rejects can and will be the bullies.

After a while, the term, "SJW", when used in the opposition, becomes a shallow and transparent buzzword that is used as a double standard.

Page 770 of 785 FirstFirst ... 670720760766767768769770771772773774780 ... LastLast