Page 771 of 772 FirstFirst ... 671721761767768769770771772 LastLast
Results 19,251 to 19,275 of 19285

Thread: General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on IRC!

I just walked out of Walmart with a NES Classic. I was shocked to find it lol.

I bought the bioshock collection two days ago. Having never played this series before, I wasn't really sure what to expect I just knew that everybody who's opinion that was worth listening to said they were good games. I was also kind of iffy since I don't really care for shooters, the closest one I've come to enjoying was fallout three but it felt stale and boring after a few hours. The first in this series has been jaw dropping so far though!     Spoiler:- ;_;:
    and I'm still reeling. The heavy political themes took me by surprise, too. The whole game seems dedicated to critiquing anarcho-capitalism and right wing ideology in general. Paul Ryan is basically Andrew Ryan's live incarnation.
    Last edited by Baba Yaga; 30th December 2016 at 2:25 PM.

The first two bioshock games are good, but Infinite is a mess because the head guy wasted so much time and money everyone got fired but him, and he literally googles his name to see if people are talking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    The first two bioshock games are good, but Infinite is a mess because the head guy wasted so much time and money everyone got fired but him, and he literally googles his name to see if people are talking about him.
    Is this out of paranoia or of a sense of self achievement?

Sometimes, I will type in my usernames to see if they have any mention. I have done this in an out of the forums.

I can't say it has nothing to do with narcissism. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    Is this out of paranoia or of a sense of self achievement?

Sometimes, I will type in my usernames to see if they have any mention. I have done this in an out of the forums.

I can't say it has nothing to do with narcissism. :<
    It's out of can't standing to have anything bad being said about him. He's also one of the really annoying kind of atheist.

So what do people think of Pyukumuku?
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

Spoiler:- PASBL Record:

I think it's powerful ability is balance out by it's high defenses and low hp. So the damage most hits will deal is kind of kept a bit lower than if it was one somelike, say a WIgglytuff.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Doesn't make it a bad game though. I don't know if it's a worthy Bioshock game since I never played Bioshock 1, but instead the "inferior" Bioshock 2, but it was still a good game on its own.

You should pretty much disassociate art from their creators since chances are you disagree with most of them. For example, the music composer for the Dragon Quest games, Sugiyama whatever, is a stupid f*cking scumbag piece of sh!t Nanking Massacre denier. Good thing he's super duper old now though.

So I was a magfest yesterday. I don't see what the big deal is honestly.

It's got a really nice arcade, but not worth $80 + the $20 in parking per day. Glad I didn't have to pay registration.

Watch me tumble stuff:

We should have met.

MAGFest is fun mostly because it's one of the best pure gaming conventions I can find. Also, 24/7 game room and A+ panel quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Well most of my complaints involve it being in the national harbor really. The whole area is just really expenwsive. Payed $18 to park for 6 hours. Not metro accessible either, which is a drawback in DC area.

I would probably enjoy it more if it was a big in DC event like Otakon is going to be this year. (sucks it's leaving Baltimore though, that city could use the revenue)

Watch me tumble stuff:

re: cons: I still like the idea of going to a big con, but I feel like I have poor luck when it comes to having a good time at them. Maybe GenCon has just been getting worse and worse over the years and that's it.

Infinite suffered from a clumsy story that tried to do too much too often (ghosts, time travel, Elizabeth, political content, horror, magic, alternate realities, etc.), much of which tended to be poorly-handled, and its new mechanics tend to take away options in combat (and I don't like shield meters anyway, they tend to enforce cover-based shooting, which should just be one option as opposed to your best bet). Elizabeth reveals massive balance issues (game is too easy with her around, but painstaking when she's gone, so the game never hits a real difficulty "sweet spot" and spends most of the time being demotivating) and the Vigors just feel weak compared to Plasmids in the original.

Good to know Ken Levine is pulling a TenNapel, though (I assume it's Levine, at least). At the bare minimum, Ken Levine seems like he's not as much of a cockstain as TenNapel, but that's not exactly a difficult exercise.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 13th January 2017 at 2:56 AM.

PM me if you want my Discord.
    It's way easier than getting in touch with me on here.

My personal favorite part is after dealing with Songbird for the first time and having one of the islands explode you wake up on a beach and no one acts like anything weird just happened.

I didn't care for Infinite, but enjoyed BioShock 1 decently enough (didn't play the sequel).

Main issue is just the sheer *amount* of combat in the game. Exploration is too often impeded by being caught up in a battle to the point I actively avoided going off the beaten path and still felt fatigued by the end--as if, somehow, having go without ten minutes without a grandiose battle was just too much to ask. And I'd say I played it for the story, but the story isn't even that great in retrospect--albeit, compelling enough to want to see through.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora View Post
    Main issue is just the sheer *amount* of combat in the game. Exploration is too often impeded by being caught up in a battle to the point I actively avoided going off the beaten path and still felt fatigued by the end--as if, somehow, having go without ten minutes without a grandiose battle was just too much to ask. And I'd say I played it for the story, but the story isn't even that great in retrospect--albeit, compelling enough to want to see through.
    This used to be a problem when it came to game design. A lot of producers and executives would want action, even if it came out of nowhere and didn't make a lot of sense overall, because it made people feel like they were playing a game.

Of course there's the opposite where people complain a game is a "Walking simulator", but that's a whole different argument.

This used to be a problem when it came to game design. A lot of producers and executives would want action, even if it came out of nowhere and didn't make a lot of sense overall, because it made people feel like they were playing a game.

Of course there's the opposite where people complain a game is a "Walking simulator", but that's a whole different argument.
    It's amazing that they don't realize that setpiece-y battles need to be well spaced out or they lose their impact.

Besides, how popular were the MGS games? How long were some of those cutscenes, to say nothing of the ****ing feature-length film at the end of MGS4? People are perfectly willing to take breaks in the fighty stuff for plot dumps.

I originally spelled that as "plot dumbs," and considering BioShock Infinite, that feels fairly appropriate.

First and only time I beat Solidus, and cutscene/codec played. I fell asleep for who knows how long. Wake up, Campbell is talking, then Rose talking about going on a date with Jack or whatever. MGS2 was the tits. I want a current gen Re-Remaster, but I doubt Konami wants anything done with MGS outside of Pachinkos now.

That's also why a lot of games have boring collectathon side quests, to add in fake hours. That way they can sell the game as a 50 hour game rather than a 20-30 hour.

But I'm the kind of person that would prefer a 10-20 hour game if it's really good and focused compared to a "You can do anything" game like Skyrim where so much feels same-y.

Large-scale open world games are tired garbage. I would not necessarily argue for perfect linearity, though, either, and I still enjoy Metroid Prime -- I think that's about the right size a world should be for something exploration-heavy like that. But I mean, I can still beat that in 12 hours with 100%, so maybe that adds to it. 12 hours that are pretty well-packed with mostly well-paced content, too. I've spent 30 hours or so on Skyrim and I never beat it because I got sidetracked like four missions in and I don't really give enough of a **** about the setting or the plot or anything to go back and finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    Well most of my complaints involve it being in the national harbor really. The whole area is just really expenwsive. Payed $18 to park for 6 hours. Not metro accessible either, which is a drawback in DC area.

I would probably enjoy it more if it was a big in DC event like Otakon is going to be this year. (sucks it's leaving Baltimore though, that city could use the revenue)
    I guess I traveled out of state and didn't park lol but! if you stay at the hotel and split costs with somebody, that's prob easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

In the last week we've lost both Mary Tyler Moore and Mike Connors (star of one of my favorite shows Mannix which turns 50 this year).
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May

RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps

I bought Journey yesterday, and despite being a 90 minute game I think it lived up to the hype. It was so mesmerizingly beautiful that I actually caught my eyes welling up a few times too. As an aside, is there a way to use the search function on the playstation store that doesn't involve going through a huge list by letter or genre? If not, that's really evil marketing because now there's like..twenty cute indie games I want to buy that I saw prior to eventually finding Journey and Brothers.

I also started Zero Time Dillema: Virtues last reward. The novel scenes are a bit too long for my liking, but the puzzles are extremely fun.

Large-scale open world games are tired garbage. I would not necessarily argue for perfect linearity, though, either, and I still enjoy Metroid Prime -- I think that's about the right size a world should be for something exploration-heavy like that. But I mean, I can still beat that in 12 hours with 100%, so maybe that adds to it. 12 hours that are pretty well-packed with mostly well-paced content, too. I've spent 30 hours or so on Skyrim and I never beat it because I got sidetracked like four missions in and I don't really give enough of a **** about the setting or the plot or anything to go back and finish it.
    Everything should be open world, forever! ...Half joking. I have a fetish for open world games because I'm an easily distracted butterfly and get bored easily. Open world games are a God send to me, because if I get tired of something I can just go do something else and return to it later. I can understand that they're difficult to pull off, though. Skyrim did so well because there was actually an extremely well built world with detailed lore that brought it alive in a way that encouraged you to explore. A lot of open world games by comparison feel spacious but extremely empty.
    Last edited by Baba Yaga; 8th February 2017 at 7:47 PM.

I've tried to play Fallout 4 like 10 times at this point but I swear they took all the bad parts of 3 and made them worse.

Wow, the Division is a mediocre game at best. The final boss fight is a stupid *** Helicopter. What a joke. Talk about generic.

Most modern video games have bad final boss fights from a gameplay perspective. That's why Senator Armstrong is the best final boss.

Page 771 of 772 FirstFirst ... 671721761767768769770771772 LastLast