Page 416 of 628 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 10,376 to 10,400 of 15679

Thread: General Chat Thread

Cartoons these days are not very good, many of them have overstayed their welcome, Teen Titans GO and Clarence are just two examples.
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    What's a Clarence?
    A show about a cute, innocent but not very bright kid. He get's into crazy shenanigans. Think of a slight mix between old school rugrats with a bit of hey anold tossed in.

It's a good show. Even if the creator did bad stuff. (the ceator got fired, he didn't really do much work on it.)

Teen titans GO is also wonderful. Especially Starfire. She's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    Still better than Sanjay and Craig.
    That one's only okay. It's not great but I like to watch it anyway.
    Last edited by Zazie; 7th July 2014 at 1:39 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

You know, if it's targeted for children, and the writing and characters are just awful, is the equivalent of dangling your keys in their faces for twenty minutes, and does nothing to benefit the child in any way, something's wrong. The mindset of "it's for kids" doesn't make it any better, which is one of the many reasons why I have issues with SpongeBob these days.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuGamer View Post
    Cartoons these days are not very good, many of them have overstayed their welcome, Teen Titans GO and Clarence are just two examples.
    inb4 scobby doo gets brought up

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    A show about a cute, innocent but not very bright kid. He get's into crazy shenanigans. Think of a slight mix between old school rugrats with a bit of hey anold tossed in.

It's a good show. Even if the creator did bad stuff. (the ceator got fired, he didn't really do much work on it.)

Please tell me you're lying that you enjoy those shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    You know, if it's targeted for children, and the writing and characters are just awful, is the equivalent of dangling your keys in their faces for twenty minutes, and does nothing to benefit the child in any way, something's wrong. The mindset of "it's for kids" doesn't make it any better, which is one of the many reasons why I have issues with SpongeBob these days.
    Agreed. I feel that most cartoons exceed those requirements so much, like, everything on Disney, Cartoon Network (Barring PKMN XY, Regular Show, and Adventure Time IMO), and Nick (Barring Korra and TMNT 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Please tell me you're lying that you enjoy those shows.
    Like someone who watches Pokemon should talk.not really knocking people who like pokemon, mind you

Oh and that last Scooby Doo series was fantastic, best Scooby Doo since a Pup Named Scooby Doo. They are making a new one this year, kind of hyped for it, even though I am not sure it it will be any good.
    Last edited by Zazie; 7th July 2014 at 2:01 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:

I didn't realize there was a new and old Rugrats, unless you're talking about Kimmy's (sp?) inception. And I wish I remembered enough of Hey Arnold from childhood to understand the comparison, but all I remember from the show is Harold, Gerald, and Helga (I think?). Oh, and the episode where she was in his closet and he got naked and she fainted. And the time she blamed kissing Arnold on the full moon (I think that was a movie?)...Needless to say, I don't really follow cartoons anymore. Idk why, but I guess it just happened.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

I grew up without cable TV (I think we might be pirating it now), so I never saw the majority of those classic cartoons

I feel so left out

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    I didn't realize there was a new and old Rugrats, unless you're talking about Kimmy's (sp?) inception. And I wish I remembered enough of Hey Arnold from childhood to understand the comparison, but all I remember from the show is Harold, Gerald, and Helga (I think?). Oh, and the episode where she was in his closet and he got naked and she fainted. And the time she blamed kissing Arnold on the full moon (I think that was a movie?)...Needless to say, I don't really follow cartoons anymore. Idk why, but I guess it just happened.
    Well Rugrats was originally 65 episodes and then it got cancelled in the mid 90s. But it was so popular they brought it back, but one of the writers, Paul Germaine left to work on Recess, so it took on a different tone. A little more cutesy than it was before.

Though honestly now that I think about it, it's kind of like new Rugrats too, so that qualifier wasn't really nessecary.

As far as Hey Arnold, it's mostly because both shows are about a sort of kind hearted everykid, though Hey Arnold is definitely a bit more mature. (in like an actual age way)

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuGamer View Post
    Clarance has been out for a few months, how could it have overstayed it's welcome?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I grew up without cable TV (I think we might be pirating it now), so I never saw the majority of those classic cartoons

I feel so left out
    There where some good cartoons on broadcasrt too, and not all the stuff on cable was amazing. So you didn't miss out on too much.

Plus you can always try and watch them now.
    Last edited by Zazie; 7th July 2014 at 2:00 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:

Like someone who watches Pokemon should talk.not really knocking people who like pokemon, mind you
    But S&J is racist, Clarence is just mind-numbing, and TTGO is just a terrible version of the real TT made for today's generation of kids. Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good. Not knocking you just so you know.

Oh and that last Scooby Doo series was fantastic, best Scooby Doo since a Pup Named Scooby Doo. They are making a new one this year, kind of hyped for it, even though I am not sure it it will be any good.
    Agreed, loved it. I know they are, it'll be bad somehow, I know it.

But S&J is racist, Clarence is just mind-numbing, and TTGO is just a terrible version of the real TT made for today's generation of kids. Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good. Not knocking you just so you know.
    I generally do lower my standards for TV by a bit. Otherwise I won't really have much to watch.

I don't really care much if other people don't like them, but I feel like sometimes people a bit too harsh on some of these shows. I remember asking around about Uncle Grandpa and reactions from people were excesively negative, to the point where I wasn't get any answer to my question other thanit's the cartoon equaivalent of the apocalypse. I then get around to watching it, and while it cetainly is no masterpiece, it's far from the worst thing I have seen. Though I could definitely see how it could grate on people's nerves.

Watch me tumble stuff:

teen titans go is hilarious more often than not, and if you can't see that then you're probably blinded by your mad from cartoon network deciding to not drag out the original show for another 4 seasons

e: now young justice? that not getting renewed was a goddamn travesty.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

I generally do lower my standards for TV by a bit. Otherwise I won't really have much to watch.
    Same here.

I don't really care much if other people don't like them, but I feel like sometimes people a bit too harsh on some of these shows. I remember asking around about Uncle Grandpa and reactions from people were excesively negative, to the point where I wasn't get any answer to my question other thanit's the cartoon equaivalent of the apocalypse. I then get around to watching it, and while it cetainly is no masterpiece, it's far from the worst thing I have seen. Though I could definitely see how it could grate on people's nerves.
    I feel the same with Pokemon too. Ouch, that's worse than I thought. I haven't seen it but my friends here tell me it's awful, and the ads look bad too. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    teen titans go is hilarious more often than not, and if you can't see that then you're probably blinded by your mad from cartoon network deciding to not drag out the original show for another 4 seasons
    You're just lying through your teeth, TTGO is a pure mess only 5 year olds can enjoy. The original, was just a great mix of humor and seriousness, while this one was an awful mess with humor that's forced.

You're just lying through your teeth, TTGO is a pure mess only 5 year olds can enjoy. The original, was just a great mix of humor and seriousness, while this one was an awful mess with humor that's forced.
    so not only are you mad, but you're so mad that you can't imagine anyone liking thing because you don't like thing
    last.fm
    facebook

If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Out of my recent boredom, i recently decided to watch cartoons in my free time, and after watching TTGO a couple of times,i believe it actually has some decent humor in it. However, most of what it seemed funny to me were references to movies/shows that most kids born around the 90s/00s won't understand.
    If you take a moment to "dig" in it, it can be somewhat funny at times.
    However, i must admit this show has a big flaw, it gets old... Fast.

*Credits to my sister for the Banner made from scratch*
    Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)
    FC: 4527-8908-8969
    IGN: Daniel

Last edited by John Madden; 7th July 2014 at 2:39 AM. Reason: advanilla.png
    last.fm
    facebook

so not only are you mad, but you're so mad that you can't imagine anyone liking thing because you don't like thing
    So what? Everybody would do the same. I mean if I said I like the Pokemon anime, then you or somebody else would say I'm lying through my teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
    Out of my recent boredom, i recently decided to watch cartoons in my free time, and after watching TTGO a couple of times,i believe it actually has some decent humor in it. However, most of what it seemed funny to me were references to movies/shows that most kids born around the 90s/00s won't understand.
    If you take a moment to "dig" in it, it can be somewhat funny at times.
    However, i must admit this show has a big flaw, it gets old... Fast.
    It does? Really?
    It can be less awful at times I'll say.
    Agreed.

Now what was the point of this?
    Last edited by DarkLucarioADV; 7th July 2014 at 2:41 AM.

actually i wouldn't because i'm not a pissbaby who gets mad about people liking TV shows i don't like

except for HIMYM's finale
    last.fm
    facebook

I respect people's opinions on a lot of shows, even the really bad ones, but the only possible exception is I personally can't see how anyone would like Breadwinners--doesn't help a lot of them don't really back up their reasons for why they like it. The protagonists are extremely unlikeable to the point they're psychopaths. If it wasn't for their mechanic quickly stepping in, they were going to beat their number one customer on the head hard enough for him to forget they destroyed his house and nearly crippled him when they attempted to nurse him to health. And even then, they couldn't understand what it meant to apologize to someone, even after it was explained to them. How does shooting bread at someone count as apologetic, even though they called it "apology bread"?

Oh, and the "Love Loaf" was basically a date rape drug, which they tried to force on this one girl duck whose age we don't even know. (Hell, we don't know how old anyone is on the show.)

LOL oh my gosh this is sadly true.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 7th July 2014 at 2:46 AM.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I respect people's opinions on a lot of shows, even the really bad ones, but I personally can't see how anyone would like Breadwinners. The protagonists are extremely unlikeable to the point they're psychopaths. If it wasn't for their mechanic quickly stepping in, they were going to beat their number one customer on the head hard enough for him to forget they destroyed his house and nearly crippled him when they attempted to nurse him to health. And even then, they couldn't understand what it meant to apologize to someone, even after it was explained to them. How does shooting bread at someone count as apologetic, even though they called it "apology bread"?

Oh, and the "Love Loaf" was basically a date rape drug, which they tried to force on this one girl duck whose age we don't even know. (Hell, we don't know how old anyone is on the show.)
    I try to. IKR? Ouch. They're like 2 year olds by that logic then. I don't even know why would anybody like this show, it's just beyond bad.

Really? That's just creepy. Can we say they're all 2 or 5?

I respect people's opinions on a lot of shows, even the really bad ones, but I personally can't see how anyone would like Breadwinners. The protagonists are extremely unlikeable to the point they're psychopaths. If it wasn't for their mechanic quickly stepping in, they were going to beat their number one customer on the head hard enough for him to forget they destroyed his house and nearly crippled him when they attempted to nurse him to health. And even then, they couldn't understand what it meant to apologize to someone, even after it was explained to them. How does shooting bread at someone count as apologetic, even though they called it "apology bread"?

That is not even a cartoon, is an abomination, a disaster that dares call itself "animation".
    Cheap, pathetic and absolutely not funny, is the most outrageous abomination i have seen in my entire life.

Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)

Really? That's just creepy. Can we say they're all 2 or 5?
    The two protagonists are old enough to live on their own and have jobs. It's like with SpongeBob where those are the hints to assume they're adults, but they don't act like it, so it's hard to know for sure.

That is not even a cartoon, is an abomination, a disaster that dares call itself "animation".
    Cheap, pathetic and absolutely not funny, is the most outrageous abomination i have seen in my entire life.
    Exactly. Yet it got high ratings, and is set for a second season.
    I survived Pupa.

That's just such a fact.
    I think I'll send an FR now...

The two protagonists are old enough to live on their own and have jobs. It's like with SpongeBob where those are the hints to assume they're adults, but they don't act like it, so it's hard to know for sure.

So 18+? I'm guessing they're just plain dumb to an extreme extent.

It did?! Who the Karp watches this abomination?! Oh dear lord, save us...

I didn't knew that, and in fact, it impresses me..
    It's really sad how today's standards regarding television are so low compared to what they were before...

I didn't knew that, and in fact, it impresses me..
    It's really sad how today's standards regarding television are so low compared to what they were before...
    It makes me mad...
    Agreed, i guess it had to do with Spongebob continuing after the movie, after that it became so unfunny and so awful I can't even...

Kinda related, but playing Metroid Prime 3 atm is making me want a Metroid OVA.

In fact, Nintendo should just make every major IP of theirs into some form of viewing entertainment. Mario got 2 cartoons and a movie. F-Zero, Pokemon, and Kirby have/had animes, Kid Icarus got anime shorts, and there are talks about making a Pikmin anime mini-series. Might as well go the full nine yards at this point and make a Metroid OVA, a Zelda movie, and reattempt a Fire Emblem OVA too.

Page 416 of 628 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast