View Poll Results: How many times did you go through it before you got Celebi?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll

9 9.57%
  • 2-4

14 14.89%
  • 4-8

3 3.19%
  • 8-10

2 2.13%
  • 10+

4 4.26%
  • Haven't got it yet

62 65.96%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Purity Forest

Christopher is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Purity Forest

Purity Forest, the dreaded, ultimate dungeon. Many of us have tried and failed to get through it. I think gamefreak have made Celebi almost impossible to get. In the D/P and RSE and FRLG and CXD, Celebi can only be obtain through cheats, or else if you travel to Japan. Annd now in Mystery Dungeon, they make a 99 floor dungeon which you have to enter by yourself at LV 1 with no items or money. is a real pain, and if you try to get through Purity Forest, there is a 90% chance that you will have to be rescued.

In this thread, discuss Purity Forest, how you got through it, and any helpful hints that you can find.
    I am a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Master. If you're stuck in any way, I can help you out. Just send me a message and I'll help you out straight away. I'm also very good at rescues.
    MD team:
    ;006; LV 54
    ;148; LV 45
    ;372; LV 42

For me, my best pokemon for purity forest is Alakazam.

I think that Alakazam has the highest stats for a Level 1 Pokemon. With 80 HP and 40 for both defenses, he is capable for taking a fair amount of hits.

I usually use Alakazam to teleport away from danger if it comes up, usually when I can't run anywhere. I don't usually have Alakazam attack at all, with the exception of the lowest floors, since I need the time to run or teleport. Sometimes, when I teleport, I end up in the room with the stairs, and that has saved me a lot. I also collect Max Elixers and food along the way so that I don't run out. I also try to use items I find like Warp seeds and Petrify Orbs if I can benefit from it. I'm usually able to get up to the 80th + floor without needing to be rescued. If I manage to find an Insomniascope along the way, the chances for getting to higher floors are greater.

Anyway, that's just how I manage it, so hopefully I gave you some ideas. Don't be too frustrated, and have fun.

Purity Forest is ridiculously difficult, but I really love the changing forest scenery. That aside, I've found that Kecleon works very well for unlucky people (like me) who always seem to warp to the worst possible spots when using Alakazam. On the early floors, Kecleon can safely knock out opponents to level up (quite rapidly, I might add), and when it learns Fury Swipes, battles become even easier. Nonetheless, battles quickly become harder and harder as you reach later floors, and I ultimately found myself running from everything while firing Psybeam from a distance. Fury Swipes saved the day multiple times. A Tight Belt or Warp Scarf would have made the trip much easier, but I have horrible luck with finding decent items in Purity Forest, unfortunately. :/

It ultimately seems that, no matter who you use, Purity Forest boils down to luck. Even with Kecleon, my ease of passage was entirely dependent on how many overpowered wild Pokémon (like Weezing and Parasect) I ran into. When I encountered lots of them, I struggled to reach the stairs, but I otherwise had a simple time. I barely completed Purity Forest on my first trip and had lots of close calls (mostly involving enraged Venomoth who always seemed to block the way out of a room filled with Parasect).

Purity Forest is almost entirely luck based. The items you get, where you warp to, the enemies, etc. I got Celebi on my 2nd try (got to 92F on the first try, and got mercilessly wiped out by a Parasect, and couldn't be bothered with waiting for a rescue).

I used Mewtwo on the recruiting Celebi tries. I dunno why I used him, really...though, quite good Sp. Attack, Doesn't have a whole buttload of weaknesses, and looks cool. :3
    Usually on regular missions I use a whole bunch of different Pokemon to see whether they can handle the place. My Skarmory made it through once. :]

Venomoths, Parasects and Electrodes are horrible.

I love some of the Purity Forest backgrounds, though. Several times I went through just to see the backgrounds. I like the scenery at around 50F or so.

Charizard is also nice for Purity Forest, especially with Heat Wave that incenerates Parasect on lower floors. And if you're lucky enough to find an Earthquake TM (I think those can appear there), you can wipe out Electrode too.
    [img]http://i36.*******.com/20f466r.png[/img]
    deviantArt

I havent gone through it yet, so thank you every one for the tips! When I'm ready I'll try with Charizard and then I'll try Alakazam. Sadly I don't have a Kecleon yet, My strongest is only an 86 (or 87, I forgot) Meganuim. So it's impossible to get one.
    + = EleTurtle

Haven't gotten it yet.
    Of course I haven't really tried either.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazikenBurner View Post
    Haven't gotten it yet.
    Of course I haven't really tried either.
    Lol same here I haven't tried to get passed it yet I am trying to get some legendaries at the moment.. But if it is anything or worse than Wish Cave I know I'll have trouble with it..

I got locky and found a tight belt which saved me a whole lot of trouble. Still the parescet were killing me. I used alakazam. No matter were i teleport there were 3 or more paresect. Luck is 89% of what you need here 11% is a good poke
    Click on ^ to prevent it from death This means YOU!!!

pearl fc=2664-3107-0591

I know I tried over 10 times with Mew before I switched to Alakazam. I had to get rescued twice with Alakazam but in the end I made it. I mainly used Teleport, and had a Warp Scarf. I was just lucky that I usually warped to the room with the stairs.

I just tried to get through with Ho-Oh ouch got to floor 15.

ouch i just went in with ho-oh, swampert and typlosion, made it to floor 65 then typlosion let out a flamethrower and it hit me and i died =(
    Last edited by mew..; 2nd January 2008 at 9:27 PM.

Credit for the banner goes to Pino

FC's:

diamond (trades): 2320-4797-1369
    platinum (battles): 1977-7625-0749

Ok guys, I just went through for the first time. Surprisingly I got to (around) floor 52 with Charizard, I was only lvl 15 on the floor I died on (IDK if that was lower then it was suposed to be or not). I was training on a Hitmonchan when it use comit punch I'll let you guys figure out the rest.

(I have Red so I couldnt send out an SOS)
    + = EleTurtle

Quote Originally Posted by EleTurtle37 View Post
    Ok guys, I just went through for the first time. Surprisingly I got to (around) floor 52 with Charizard, I was only lvl 15 on the floor I died on (IDK if that was lower then it was suposed to be or not). I was training on a Hitmonchan when it use comit punch I'll let you guys figure out the rest.

(I have Red so I couldnt send out an SOS)
    You could have. You just need a blue and use dual slot, or use a wm password that it gives you!

I haven't even attempted it yet. I'm not ready for it, and I have bad experiences of Wish Cave and Joyous Tower.

Marching On Together

English And Proud

I haven't even done Burried Relic yet, I'm so terrible at this game!

I'm not ready for it yet. I'm dead in Wish Cave. I went in once, made it to Floor 10 and died.

Gravelerocks are your friends in Lv1 dungeons (at least up to some point). Of course Purity Forest has that problem, but if you find Gravelerocks, cherish it.
    Of course, Purity forest needs a LOT of luck. Actually, luck plays a big role in MD. I dunno why unlucky me loves this game so much.

Quote Originally Posted by mew.. View Post
    ouch i just went in with ho-oh, swampert and typlosion, made it to floor 65 then typlosion let out a flamethrower and it hit me and i died =(
    Which one did you go with, Ho-Oh, Swampert or Typhlosion?
    I'm guessing Ho-Oh, or you weren't in Purity forest.
    [img]http://i36.*******.com/20f466r.png[/img]
    deviantArt

That Purity forest is a pain in the a*se. I always get to Lv 50 then I die. I've actually given up, now.
    You don't think
    there will be any
    Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

Woot just made it through purity forest. Alakazam is the best one to go to. But I have to admit i got really lucky lol.

It's going to sound absurd, but I've made it through with a Wurmple before. First time was with a Kecleon.

Oh.. is Kecleon good? I can't get it. It's a pain in the ***. -33.9 recruitment chance. Groan...
    I am a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Master. If you're stuck in any way, I can help you out. Just send me a message and I'll help you out straight away. I'm also very good at rescues.
    MD team:
    ;006; LV 54
    ;148; LV 45
    ;372; LV 42

I have tried many times 2 recruit celebi but i can't get through the dungeon

It's very hard. I get to floor 90+ with Kazam but then end up dying
    MD team:
    ;006; LV 54
    ;148; LV 45
    ;372; LV 42

i tryed with mudkip final evo and failed going to try an abra's final evo but prob. wont work im UNlucky for about 90% of the places i go to... can you find a x-ray thing in it?
    Halo,s PokePet

Mew182 the level 77 Mew!

Mew182

Yeah, you can find X Ray Specs in it, but Tight Belt (Very Rare) or Pass Scarf is better
    MD team:
    ;006; LV 54
    ;148; LV 45
    ;372; LV 42

One question though...
    If you die (knocked out, without reviver seeds), do you always have the option to get saved by A-OK passwords?
    I'll be inactive for some time here. If you wanna find me, meet me at Smogon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast