Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music in Anime

Default Music in Anime

Here, we can discuss music tracks in anime. Which ones are your favorites? Which ones did you hate? Which anime had the most tracks that you liked?

Well, I personally am in love with the entire Cyborg 009 (2001) OST. I also seem to be listening to Brilliant Road (Opening from Stellvia) a lot. And of course the Song of Sorrow from Grave of the Fireflies.

What about you guys?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Even though I don't watch it, Attack on Titan has some amazing openings.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the art.

The soundtracks I personally enjoy are from CLANNAD and Vision of Escaflowne, though a close-second for Key works is AIR--a little ironic since I didn't like the anime (except the movie), but I love the soundtrack. I'm just that much of a sucker for violin and piano.

I actually have the soundtrack that came with Escaflowne: The Movie Ultimate Edition DVD, and I really love it. Took me about a decade before I finally saw the television series, and because just about the entire soundtrack is on YouTube, I fell even more in love with it, and Yoko Kanno has since then become one of my favorite composers. I always have this belief that if she and Jun Maeda collaborated a soundtrack together, we'd all get dehydrated, if our heads don't explode from the awesomeness first.

I also have the My Neighbor Totoro soundtrack, and it's a joy to listen to. A lot of Studio Ghibli music is really beautiful, but Joe Hisaishi gives more memorable pieces, and it adds magic to the soundtrack no matter how upbeat or depressing it is.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Fairy Tail, Naruto, Digimon (dub and sub), Pokemon anime are my favorite anime sound tracks.

There really isn't any series's music I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Vision of Escaflowne
    Yes, Escaflowne is great.

Instead of mentioning the usual, I'll say that Black Rock Shooter's OVA and series has some enjoyable music. I particularly like the sad tracks that came out of it.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Kill la Kill has a good soundtrack. And then there is Blumenkranz

One Piece and Hunter x Hunter(2011) are also good. And FMA:B
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

for me it will probably angel beats and hayate no gotoku
    fma brotherhood is also had good opening and ending songs

anime songs that i hate, hmmm nothing as of now

"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

the pokemon anime soundtracks are pretty good. i've enjoyed listening to the Unova and Kalos region songs in the games and trying to connect which moments are tied to which songs. A classic like Sailor Moon has always been a favorite of mine, just the different feel and sounds really makes my day

Yuki Kaijura is absolutely magical.
    Lost my pieces from Toradora and Theme of SSS from Angel Beats are also pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    I also seem to be listening to Brilliant Road (Opening from Stellvia) a lot.?
    YEESSS!
    K-ON!, Shugo Chara and Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Stellvia and Senran Kagura all have amazing OST's.

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

The Hana Yori Dango anime has a great soundtrack imo.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood has a really good soundtrack. As does Guilty Crown (Soundtrack+animation is what made it stand out imo) and Blue Exorcist. I know this is a movie but Spirited Away has a great score too.
    † I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.†

~RIP User Four-Twenty April 20, 2014-April 20, 2014~

Shingeki no Kyojin, most definitely. The second opening, Jiyuu no Tsubsa (The Wings of Freedom) and the first ending, Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai (A Cruel and Beautiful World) are two of my favorites.
    worst signature, ever.
    of all time

.hack//SIGN's OST definitely, it basically defined its world through its music. More so than the drawings did.
    Gundam SEED has some of the most epic soundtracks I've ever heard in an anime.
    I love most of the One Piece opening themes. Makes you happy just listening to them.
    Pokémon anime OST is great too. Hearing the game's tunes in full glory is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    No mention of Taku Iwasaki? Gurren Lagann, Katanagatari, Soul Eater? C'mon guys.
    oh me i'll add soul eater not - both its opening and ending has good melody

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    No mention of Taku Iwasaki? Gurren Lagann, Katanagatari, Soul Eater? C'mon guys.
    I love Pierce the Heavens from Gurren Lagann.

Requiem ćternam, Dona eis, Domine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2AxpaH56WY

Do the impossible,
    See the invisible,

ROW ROW
    Fight the power!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdfhEy6TwqM

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    oh me i'll add soul eater not - both its opening and ending has good melody
    He didn't work on Soul Eater Not!, just Soul Eater.

I love the SAO openings and the one for Air. I didn't really like the second opening for Death Note at all. :/ I get that it's heavy metal and all but it was kinda badly done imo and messy

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

I absolutely adore the Guilty Crown soundtrack. While the show itself was subpar as far as plot and characters go you have to admit that it's production values were off the chart.

There's also the Little Busters! Soundtrack which has the perfect blend of lighthearted tracks and more emotional pieces. Having vocal versions of the more memorable pieces of the OST certainly helps.

And then just about everything done by Yuki Kajiura. Fate/Zero was mentioned previously, but her works in other shows like Madoka Magica and Sword Art Online also deserve praise.

The only ones that have really been on my mind recently are the School Food Punishment songs (imagine the word "innovation" as a musical entity), and the Little Busters OST. Can't really think of much else. I suppose Sidonia no Kishi's OP has also been on and off.

Edit: Hyouri Itai and Wareta Ringo have also been around.

I love listening to anime music; it's great.

Just to name a few.... Rurouni Kenshin, FMAB, Kill la Kill, and Gurren Lagann all have amazing soundtracks.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

I loved all the openings and endings to Code Geass, as well as the music in the actual anime scenes. Adding to that, the Ghibli soundtracks/scores are great and I love the music from Angel Beats! too.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast