Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Conspiracy to Conquer! (822)

Default A Conspiracy to Conquer! (822)

Madame X's Evil Plot! The Terrifying Malamar!!

As they travel towards Cyllage City, Team Rocket encounter a new adversary in Madame X and her partner Pokémon, Malamar. Madame X had managed to use her powers to brainwash Jessie and James into doing her bidding before Meowth managed to escape. However, without any allies in this region, Meowth must turn to Ash & Co. for help. However, one by one, everyone starts to get brainwashed, including Pikachu. What will Ash do? Will he and Meowth manage to stop Madame X?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I missed some part of the episode because of break in connection, but it seems that Clemont's invention somehow helped the others break free from Malamar's control.

So, at the end of the episode TR are now afraid of Inkay because of its evo Malamar.

Wow, so much for the hype this episode supposedly got! xD

No Team Flare in imagery at least.

I think that is all we needed to know, because the plot beginning to end was obvious. 6 out of 10
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    So, at the end of the episode TR are now afraid of Inkay because of its evo Malamar.
    well i think that's the way it goes, now james would probably have a bad feeling evolving inkay - perhaps he will keep it instead of evolving it now that they know its evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Wow, so much for the hype this episode supposedly got! xD

No Team Flare in imagery at least.

I think that is all we needed to know, because the plot beginning to end was obvious. 6 out of 10
    ugh now where the hell did malamar come from, and we were hoping to even get a glimpse or shadow - unfortunately no

I can say that Teamn Flare has not appeared at all in the episode. Even in silhouette form.

This was a goddamned great episode.

Everything just came together well, with its foreshadowing and use of Chekhov's Gun with Clemont's Pikachu robot. Jokes were well placed, especially the one with Serena hesitating to get have her faced scratched leading to her getting hypnotized. Funniest was with Team Rocket being horrified at the end with Inkay being as it is the evolved form of Malamar. Drama, though he was seen this one before with Pikachu being against Ash, it was fine. But the crowning achievement of this episode is the sense of mystery it provides with Malamar and its seemingly Lovecraftian atmosphere it possess, though silly.

Am I right to assume that Malamar planned to dominate the world using Pikachu alone?

A funny scene (at least for me) I found is this with hypnotized Serena.

http://i.imgur.com/0xniB5Wl.jpg

Source: Capped by https://twitter.com/serena_pokeXY/st...54373623009280
    Planned Alpha Sapphire team: Laglarge, Jukain, Bursyamo, Sirnight, Ohsubame, (TBA)

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0515-6562 Type: Dragon (Onondo, Onbat, Crimgan)

Supported pairing(s)
    Anime: SatoSere, SatoHika, SatoHaru Pokespe: GoCry, RuSa, DiaPla, BlaWhi

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurites View Post

It means she wants the Ash even in zombification. Her crush transcends mind control.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurites View Post

looks like serena was cursing ash, yeah i just love moments like these.

No other pokemon other than expected appeared.

Jessie and James were hypnotized in the flashback. Pikachu before the break. Clemont and Bonnie after the break, Serena a bit after.

Madame X identify is Officer Jenny.

No Team Flare at all in this episode. Malmar was acting all by his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    No other pokemon other than expected appeared.

Jessie and James were hypnotized in the flashback. Pikachu before the break. Clemont and Bonnie after the break, Serena a bit after.

Madame X identify is Officer Jenny.

No Team Flare at all in this episode. Malmar was acting all by his own.
    i knew it, serena got hypnotized after clemont and bonnie sometime after - then how did the episode start - malamar hypnotizing officer jenny to become madam x?

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    i knew it, serena got hypnotized after clemont and bonnie sometime after - then how did the episode start - malamar hypnotizing officer jenny to become madam x?
    maybe malmar actually act on his own and will be the evil threat in this season for few episodes

Episode started with Team Rocket scheming in a cave looking at videos of Pikachu, at which point Madame X with Malamar appears interested at Pikachu too and promptly hypnotizes Team Rocket and their Pokemon except for Meowth which scratched itself to stay the hypnosis from controlling him.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Am I right to assume that Malamar planned to dominate the world using Pikachu alone?
    No, it was using Madame X to help it construct a system it didn't explain the actual purpose for.

Quote Originally Posted by elior View Post
    maybe malmar actually act on his own and will be the evil threat in this season for few episodes
    It's not alone, it was talking about "we", "us" and "our" after Madame X had been unmasked. There are others involved here.

The episode was primarily just setup intended to get us speculating. There were several mentions of a larger plan, but they were very broad, so we have no real hints towards what it will involve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    No, it was using Madame X to help it construct a system it didn't explain the actual purpose for.

It's not alone, it was talking about "we", "us" and "our" after Madame X had been unmasked. There are others involved here.

The episode was primarily just setup intended to get us speculating. There were several mentions of a larger plan, but they were very broad, so we have no real hints towards what it will involve.
    and yet we were all hyping what was madame x's intention, it wasn't even properly introduced?

Bad news- Aside from Malamar talking in the royal we, nothing even remotely hints to whether or not Malamar works for Team Flare
    Good news- This time it wasn't Ash's friendship with Pikachu that freed everyone from Malamar's control, it was Clemont's screwy invention! lol :P
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Good news- This time it wasn't Ash's friendship with Pikachu that freed everyone from Malamar's control, it was Clemont's screwy invention! lol :P
    yup i heard this, clemont's first success for his wacky invention - phew a least they tried a different thing today.

he y wait how was even trying to create an invention, when he ended up hypnotized - clemont's hypnotic powers i guess

yup i heard this, clemont's first success for his wacky invention - phew a least they tried a different thing today.

he y wait how was even trying to create an invention, when he ended up hypnotized - clemont's hypnotic powers i guess
    He originally created the invention before he was hypnotized to find Pikachu. My guess is that it picked up on Pikachu's signal, came charging toward it, and ended up hitting Malamar and exploding by mistake.

On a side note, while I hope it ends up being related to Team Flare, I kind of like the idea of Malamar controlling others of its own free will. I'm hoping they take it even further and show that Malamar is controlling Xerosic, the scientists, and/or the Team Flare grunts and admins for its own evil plot such as controlling the ultimate weapon to make itself more powerful, or some how finding a way to make itself mega evolve (I know there's no such thing as a Mega Malamar, but for all we know they could do an anime-exclusive thing and turn it into an OP mutant or something like the synthetic Groudon. It could be a forced Mega evolution similar to the Red Gyarados). Also, while I know this will more than likely never happen, it'd be an awesome nod to Ben 10 fans if Malamar would be voiced by Steven Jay Blum for the dub
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 13th March 2014 at 2:01 PM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

and yet we were all hyping what was madame x's intention, it wasn't even properly introduced?
    Madame X was just a hypnotized Junsa, which we've known since the New Year special.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post

With "our world", I see it could be referring to Malamar and we ones it hypnotized. This is what it meant.

Right now I consioder this episode:
    -A filler episode.
    -A semi-filler because Character Development for Team Rocket

I would think team rocket would want to evolve their inkay so they can use it to capture pikachu, but i guess they aren't hardcore enough.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    I would think team rocket would want to evolve their inkay so they can use it to capture pikachu, but i guess they aren't hardcore enough.
    knowing inkay evolves to malamar, i doubt james doesn't want it to evolve

yup i can agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Perhaps they're concerned about the potential for their new Malamar to hynotize them. After all, as it appears right now, this Malamar appears to be evil of its own volition. What would happen if their own Inkay evolved into Malamar and turned on them?
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Well sorry to the fans that wanted inkay to evolve. This would be like the equivalent of ash's pokemon that hate their evolution and never want to be that. Also the only interesting thing was the clemont
    Bot.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

^don't be too sure, they don't know specifically how it evolves and it still could, only to have a complete 180 personality from the one in today's episode.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast