Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A Conspiracy to Conquer! (822)

best foreshadowing episode in pokemon totally
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

wish we had see where malamar originally came from, but alas it was left as a mystery for us - still the episode is not bad at all.

So I finally watched the episode. Malamar's voice is awesome. So eerie! The "hypnotized people/Pokémon plot" is overused, but I feel like it was very well played this time around. Jessie, James and Pikachu were creepy with the dead eyes and distorted voices, not to mention the horror movie-ish atmosphere in Madame X's hideout. I also like how the key for breaking the hypnosis was the failed Pikachu-Robo Clemont created early in the episode. It is far better than breaking the hypnosis with the "power of friendship".

I think there is no doubt Malamar is an evil (or at least, slightly twisted) Pokémon. For once, it was nice to have a villain that wasn't just a misunderstood good Pokémon (ala Darkrai). Anyway, as mentioned by some people, I hope Malamar becomes a recurring character in XY. We don't have an interesting villain in the show since the Diamond & Pearl series. It would be even cooler if it goes through a change of heart late in the series, becoming a Pokémon of one of the main characters.

I wonder if the "Madame X" alias was Malamar's idea? Also, Team Rocket being scared of Inkay in the end was glorious! That makes me think Team Rocket might push Inkay into evolving for the sake of having a Pokémon with strong hypnosis ability in their team. I do hope Inkay stays as an Inkay and that the evil Malamar come back in future episodes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ????
    "I'm very grateful to Junsa for working for me, Thanks to her, we were able to start estabiling a system of great significance. We will restructure the world. For that to happen, I will need you guys to work for us once more". "Exactly, the world will change, that's when our grand plan will begin, however seeing how this place was discovered by humanas I have no choice to abandon it".
    This is what Malamar said. For me, it's confusing what Malamr says. Says a lot "us" but he doesn't want humans to know..?

Edit:I think that Malamatr as meant to be Xerosic's malamar, but itˇs hidden for if sequls change the Team Flare plot.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 18th March 2014 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    This is what Malamar said. For me, it's confusing what Malamr says. Says a lot "us" but he doesn't want humans to know..?

Edit:I think that Malamatr as meant to be Xerosic's malamar, but itˇs hidden for if sequls change the Team Flare plot.
    me too i think malamar said something like we would restructure the world, from what i know some hidden organization would have a probability of saying this, in this case its heavily implied that team flare might be behind this - although for now it would be left as a mystery until when they are further introduced.

So basically, there are a lot of hints thrown around but nothing concrete.

Now I am definitely certain they are keeping things vague in case the next set of games changes things.

I got some Lovecraftian vibes from this one, which is fitting considering I always got something of that vibe off of Malamar.

Bit late to the party, but overall, great episode. Good pacing, the mood and music was extremely well done, the villain was threatening (and it was unique to have Malamar be the central one, at least for now), and I was glad that what broke the hypnotism wasn't the power of friendship (at least not completely). I look forward to seeing how this story develops because it's off to a good start.

Edit: Almost forgot, I'm really curious what was up with that room, it seemed really eerie.
    Last edited by Illusio; 19th March 2014 at 1:31 AM.

Oh and I loved the OST that started playing around the 17th min I think when Malamar started talking about the grand plan.

It was really creepy and powerful.

Team Rocket were better in this one episode than they have been the rest of the entire XY series, IMO: that says a lot right there. This was a good change of pace for them in my eyes, actually-- sure, they were mind controlled, but there were no stupid jokes, bickering like children, and it felt more natural than usual.

Ash, on the other hand, was animated pretty badly (O_O) and I didn't buy anything that happened between Pikachu and him whatsoever here-- way too fake for me in contrast to how it was portrayed in "Pikachu Revolts" back in the OS. I didn't like Ash in this episode, which is strange, because these days I'm usually able to tolerate him more than Team Rocket, but this is an exception to that.

Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie were mostly mind controlled, and didn't do much of anything, but they were all okay.

Madame X was kinda lamer than I thought, but meh.

Malamar was the best solely for mind controlling TR so I could tolerate them for a change...xD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 19th March 2014 at 2:27 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

- I like how the episode starts with a drop of water falling
    - I wasn't annoyed by TR (for once)
    - Madame X? Are we gonna see a Madame Y down the road, too?!
    - Wow, Meowth is smart for once with his scratching-the-face idea
    - Ash fangirling over Clemont's inventions never gets old imo
    - Funny that it's a Pikachu robot though lol. Yeah, Clemont; you just randomly made that one day.
    - Clemont and Bonnie get hypnotized first. No surprise there.
    - When the characters get hypnotized, their voices are so weird. Especially Bonnie.
    - I love how Serena would rather be hypnotized than have her face scratched up by Meowth... LOL
    - I wasn't expecting Clemont's invention to save the day
    - Malamar's design still looks funny to me despite this episode. I mean why the beak?
    - I like how this episode had Ash and Meowth work together to save themselves and the others
    - I knew it was Officer Jenny. SO obvious. I am just so glad that they changed her design from BW. Short hair looked horrid on her
    - It's definitely not the last we've seen of Malamar. I wonder if he belongs to a member of Team Flare or something?
    - Inkay is so cute at the end lol. Guess James won't be evolving his Inkay if he had the choice hehe

Overall it was an OK episode. Not as good as last week's (loved that episode), but it was good nevertheless.

ooh the sound of malamar = cala cala, mala mala - those deep voices, it will really give you nightmares tbh.

I thought this episode was genius, definitely the first of X and Y that has encouraged me to speak.

I loved Meowth in this episode. He was clever and honest, simply seeking to help his friends. That for once he was actually genuinely trying to help Ash and co., only to have Bonnie and Serena make fun of him...really nice reversal.

I thought the setup with Jenny being Madame X was super clever. Malamar kinda rocks.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

The strings in this episode was wonderful, it increases the tension of this episode.

I love how Malamar was a very effective threat to the protagonists. Indeed, even if Ash could break Malamar's control over Pikachu, there was no way he would succeed in the defeating him as the odds were seriously stacked against him as they were surrounded in all sides. The fact that Malamar was only foiled because of chance by Clemont's robot make his effectiveness all the more obvious.
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

Holey Swiss, this was a legit creepy episode. I loved it and I am glad we got another evil Pokémon. Meowth was great in this episode, I liked how TR might model a robot after seeing Clemont's Pikachu robot, I feel like that will return.

Ash lacked common sense in this episode though, he could have used Fletchling and Froakie to help at various parts. Also why did James command to use Psybeam on a Dark type? I dislike when that immunity is forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    - Malamar's design still looks funny to me despite this episode. I mean why the beak?
    Real squids have beaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    - It's definitely not the last we've seen of Malamar. I wonder if he belongs to a member of Team Flare or something?
    its really obvious that malamar originally come from some sort of organization if not i don't see how it will tell the gang that malamar will say something like reconstructing the world which is totally impossible on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by rickdatduck View Post
    Real squids have beaks.
    I know that. But I meant the sinister aura of Malamar is reduced by the comical beak IMO
    Last edited by Sephora; 23rd March 2014 at 7:31 AM.

This episode got a 5.7 rating http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ng/march-10-15

It seems Yōkai Watch is now Pokémon's rival on TV Tokyo.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    This episode got a 5.7 rating http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ng/march-10-15

It seems Yōkai Watch is now Pokémon's rival on TV Tokyo.
    the rating's range i think of pokemon for now is always at 5. something, nah i think it's only for temporary that yokai watch got the same rating with pokemon.

The mad scientist from team flare had a Malamar, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    The mad scientist from team flare had a Malamar, just saying.
    Too late to say this as everyone wants to connect this Malamar to him.

I friggin loved this episode. I have not watched pokemon in such a long time and have been keeping up with this XY series. This episode creeped me out and loved that pokemon had such a dark element to it! Such a refreshing thing to see for me who has not watch a series in forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Okazaki View Post
    Such a refreshing thing to see for me who has not watch a series in forever.
    its not like this is the first time we have dark plot this early.

i know the episode looks creepy to me - malamar's eyes omg i just can't sleep peacefully looking at those o_o

I deadly hate this episode. The Anime creators really exagerated by making Malamar even more cruel and whicked than Satan himself. They truly prooved pure sadism against Pikachu and the rest of Ash's friends, even worse than when Pikachu was controlled by Team Rocket Butch and Cassidy, Groudon's Evil Red Aura Sphere and New Team Plasma members. This seriously was the most villainous and insane low kick into our meatballs. NEVER AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by ???????????? View Post
    I deadly hate this episode. The Anime creators really exagerated by making Malamar even more cruel and whicked than Satan himself.
    because malamar is the creepiest/ terrifying pokemon in the kalos region of course they will be making it cruel as they can, and what's wrong with pikachu getting controlled i think that was their way of introducing malamar on how it creepy it can get adding its hypnotic trance and attack as well.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast