Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: A Conspiracy to Conquer! (822)

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    because malamar is the creepiest/ terrifying pokemon in the kalos region of course they will be making it cruel as they can, and what's wrong with pikachu getting controlled i think that was their way of introducing malamar on how it creepy it can get adding its hypnotic trance and attack as well.
    No way, they officially proved REAL SADISM towards Pikachu. Making Malamar the creepiest and most terrifying Kalos Pokémon DOES NOT mean making it THAT SATANICALLY EVIL. Here's the reason for which they exagerated.
    Last edited by ????????????; 9th April 2014 at 8:54 AM.

This was a really good episode. Was hoping it would be a Flare intro but still good. Looks like Ash learned from N to put himself in front of danger.

Malamar was no way creepier than faceless robo Pikachu.

Some may call this episode filler but idk.

But Team Rocket's face at the end was great D
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 24th May 2014 at 1:29 PM.

Ugghhhh another mind control ep... I'll just forget about this like I do with most fillers...
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

The episode coyld be filler, unless it leads to a bigger story later. I liked malamar's voice it was creepy. The robo pikachu was also pretty funny. And I liked getting the post episode tram rocket part, it kind of a throwback to OS how we would usually get that in episodes they appeared in.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    The episode coyld be filler, unless it leads to a bigger story later.
    That is what I'm thinking. Lots of people could of said the same about Hunter's J's first episode.

Frankly I guess certain episodes seem filler at first but later on have there status changed like when Angie first appeared in DP.

Even though there is a familiar vibe with the whole mind controlling shenanigans, I liked watching this one. If all Malamars are really this over powered then everyone in Kalos should fear for their lives!

Wow is this a first for the anime? A scary acting Pokemon acting out dastardly plans on his own?!! And no i'm not counting Mewtwo.
    It's crazy, but this series continues to surprise me each week.
    3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

As Nyrath said in the end of episode, there is a potential that Kojiro's Maaiika will evolve into a Calamanero. I wonder whether it is possible and if Maaiika does evolve, then I think Rocket has got another powerhouse such that Rocket does not lose that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    As Nyrath said in the end of episode, there is a potential that Kojiro's Maaiika will evolve into a Calamanero. I wonder whether it is possible and if Maaiika does evolve, then I think Rocket has got another powerhouse such that Rocket does not lose that easily.
    Team Rocket had a powerhouse?

Either way I think he'll remain a joke character, and they'll leave the twisted personality to the unfinished Malamar for his arc.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

Unless James holds his Inkay upside-down during a battle, I don't see his squid evolving soon.

That Malamar, though? Yes, I think it's related to Team Flare... But that special weapon that we barely heard about made no sense for now.

Is it just me or were those wild Pokemon freaking huge?

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    That Malamar, though? Yes, I think it's related to Team Flare... But that special weapon that we barely heard about made no sense for now.
    If Malamar is with Team Flare, it's obvious that it was referring to the Ultimate Weapon

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Receiving the Rumble Badge from Korrina and, surprisingly, a Mega Ring from Gurkinn
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Unless James holds his Inkay upside-down during a battle, I don't see his squid evolving soon.

Is it just me or were those wild Pokemon freaking huge?
    Usually Maaiika is upside down when it is using Saike Kosen from the anime. I agree with you that Maaiika does not evolve soon, otherwise Kojiro is in trouble of handling it.

It was okay like it usually is. I don't have much interest in the Malamar itself, but I do hope it's connected to Team Flare and that it actually goes somewhere decent.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I think they got it right for the most part. The only thing I can say is that Malamar's dub voice was still creepy but slightly underwhelming. This is NOT a filler in any way, this episode is introducing a new enemy that will appear in future episodes, it basically just created another plot.
    Everything is wonderful ALL THE TIME.

deviantART: http://itsabassdammit.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    If Malamar is with Team Flare, it's obvious that it was referring to the Ultimate Weapon
    But it said that when they got to that room with weird cocoons.

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Even though it's one of those mind controlling episodes, I'd say it was a pretty nice episode. I like how Pikachu didn't snap out of it (though he was starting to), and saved the day, but it was Clemont's "failed" experiment saved everyone. Had a nice twist to Ash & Pikachu doing it all the time.

I liked how Jessie, James, & Meowth noticed that Inkay could evolve into Malamar. I doubt it'll evolve though, since they were afraid of the fact that it could, they'll try to figure out how it evolves to avoid that. But, I'm probably giving them way too much credit...
    Pretty sure we are gonna see that Malamar again, or they wouldn't have let it escape at the end. I'm excited to see how they'll continue with that. It'd be pretty interesting if that was team Flare's doing, but a part of me would like a pokemon that is evil without the help of humans. But ether way this was a pretty nice episode.
    "Weep, and you weep alone..."

Palletshipper4life <3
    "Laugh, and the world laughs with you..."

Quote Originally Posted by HoundoomFan View Post
    Even though it's one of those mind controlling episodes, I'd say it was a pretty nice episode. I like how Pikachu didn't snap out of it (though he was starting to), and saved the day, but it was Clemont's "failed" experiment saved everyone. Had a nice twist to Ash & Pikachu doing it all the time.

I liked how Jessie, James, & Meowth noticed that Inkay could evolve into Malamar. I doubt it'll evolve though, since they were afraid of the fact that it could, they'll try to figure out how it evolves to avoid that. But, I'm probably giving them way too much credit...
    Pretty sure we are gonna see that Malamar again, or they wouldn't have let it escape at the end. I'm excited to see how they'll continue with that. It'd be pretty interesting if that was team Flare's doing, but a part of me would like a pokemon that is evil without the help of humans. But ether way this was a pretty nice episode.
    I think there is a chance for Maaiika to evolve when they reach towards the end of XY. Just to show a more competent side of the Rocket. Probably the next Calamanero we will see is from Kojiro.

Inkay looked way cuter than it normally does at the end of the episode which just adds to the creepiness of it evolving into Malamar. I really hope this becomes a plot point in future (and that the whole episode gets continuation) since TR pokémon really need some more personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ѕhiny Missingno View Post
    Inkay looked way cuter than it normally does at the end of the episode which just adds to the creepiness of it evolving into Malamar. I really hope this becomes a plot point in future (and that the whole episode gets continuation) since TR pokémon really need some more personality.
    If Nyarth is counted as Rocket Dan's Pokémon then surely he shows the most personality. I think Sonans is the next one to have a strong character second to Nyarth.

Back in AG and DP when Musashi was a coordinator, their Pokémon were shown the most personality in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    If Nyarth is counted as Rocket Dan's Pokémon then surely he shows the most personality. I think Sonans is the next one to have a strong character second to Nyarth.

Back in AG and DP when Musashi was a coordinator, their Pokémon were shown the most personality in my opinion.
    Honestly, the Unova pokémon had the least personality out of all of the ones Team Rocket's owned. Cacnea, Chimecho, Mime Jr., & Carnivine had just as much personality as Jessie's pokémon did, plus Arbok, Weezing, and even Victreebel had their moments. The only other TR pokémon that didn't have that much personality IMO was Lickitung, though he still had more than Woobat, Yamask, Frillish, and Amoongus

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Receiving the Rumble Badge from Korrina and, surprisingly, a Mega Ring from Gurkinn
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Honestly, the Unova pokémon had the least personality out of all of the ones Team Rocket's owned. Cacnea, Chimecho, Mime Jr., & Carnivine had just as much personality as Jessie's pokémon did, plus Arbok, Weezing, and even Victreebel had their moments. The only other TR pokémon that didn't have that much personality IMO was Lickitung, though he still had more than Woobat, Yamask, Frillish, and Amoongus
    I did not say that other Pokémon have little personality but Musashi's Pokémon showed more when she is in contest. At least Rocket's Pokémon in original series does not have much personality as in AG and DP. Especially Kojiro's Pokémon other than his grass types, Chirean and Manene which is relatively quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ѕhiny Missingno View Post
    Team Rocket is already brimming with personality. They just need better writing when it comes to them.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

So i just rewatched the episode and I DID NOT KNOW MALAMAR RUNS IN THE BACKGROUND BEFORE IT GETS CLEMONT AND BONNIE! THAT FREAKED ME OUT!
    Friends are family you choose

This episode was just plain strange...

But it was different and I liked it. I had a completely different vibe to other mind control episodes and it was full of malice and mystery.

It was also unusual that the Pokémon was the main antagonist and wasn't a servant of a human (possibly as someone said earlier) and the way it ended has gave me hope that it will lead to something in the future. It could relate to team flare (also someone said earlier) but I just hope that it doesn't lead to nothing as that would annoy me.

Final word for Pikachu. I did think at first that Ash was not going to get through to Pikachu at all but it prevailed slightly showing that their special bond is still there but as Robopika actually saved Pikachu it was a welcome change to Ash shouting his way through it.

A strange episode but a good one. On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

A fine episode. The episode was a bit creepy, but this episode seems like it's the start of an unknown plot that Team Flare could be plotting. That Malamar might be a recurring Pokémon here.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast