Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Titles at the Chateau! (823)

Lol I just finished the episode. Serena was so annoyed by Nikola and Tesla. xD

Pikachu battling was unnecessary imo but I am at least glad Froakie and Fletchling were out too. I liked the whole Battle Chateau concept and I wouldn't mind seeing it again in the future. I also noticed that she called Dusknoir cute hehe. Wow, I love that girl. Overall, a really nice episode. This would have benefited from being a two-parter which would have not only allowed the battles to be more fleshed out but also allow Froakie or Fletchling to battle too.

And Grant was nice too imo he wasn't boring and I love his climbing obsession. :P

By the way guys there was no romance in this episode whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    So now viola joined her sister on having the hots for ash too? I smell a viola/alexa/serena/ash quadropod.
    Lol no, Alexa dosen't have hots for Ash. Actually, She supports Serena's crush. But I won't mind if Viola start crusing on Ash and Serena gets jealous. (jk) XD

Anyway, I hope Ash will come back to Battle Chateau for increasing his rank.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 21st March 2014 at 11:21 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

If their names were Nikola and Tesla, wouldn't it have been better to have given them helioptile and heliolisk? At least the dusknoir loss would seem reasonable then lol...

Also, that move where onix had the blue "electricity" around its body...was that rock polish?
    Last edited by XXD17; 20th March 2014 at 6:26 PM.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    If their names were Nikola and Tesla, wouldn't it have been better to have given them helioptile and heliolisk? At least the dusknoir loss would seem reasonable then lol...

Also, that move where onix had the blue "electricity" around its body...was that rock polish?
    Yes, it was Rock Polish

I thought it was a good episode. I wish I could understand what the brothers were saying, and what Grant was saying at the end when Clemont and co. started yelling things out loud lol. I kind of wish Ash's pikachu fought the Fletchinder too, but overall an 8.5 out of 10 hearts for this episode.

The ending makes me think that the gym battle will definitely be a 3 vs 3 now that all his pokemon seemed to be excited to fight. Here is hoping that it is a 3 vs 3. ( I am unsure if I am allowed to write down the 3rd or potential non confirmed pokemon for that gym battle).

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    -- Surskit breaks out of the 'tombs' with a beam of some sort,
    I think it used Protect to prevent Rock tomb from damaging it the first time Onix used the attack on it!
    Last edited by jrizza88; 20th March 2014 at 7:10 PM.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Man this episode got me mostly hooked.

I don't get why but Viola looked so damn cute this episode! sdfjskdhj I don't understand why qwq

Grant looked hilarious and just like in the games he hangs on everything.

Tesla...tesla...Tesla shock? /killed

I found this episode to be very entertaining due to facial expressions/looks and battles, not to mention grant's snazzy way of acting.

My only real gripe is that I never got to see the beauty that is the lady trainer class.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/7a/VSLady.png
    She's so beautiful it's unfair...WHY THEY NO ANIMATE HER?! Q////Q

And by battles, I mean viola's battle was really nice...not the one hit KO ones. (I guess thats another gripe but ehh. lol)
    Last edited by EmphaticPikachu; 20th March 2014 at 7:50 PM.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I also was kinda confused at how pretty I found Viola in this episode, must be the high heels.

Really Grant?? Your going to compliment Pikachu for beating a Fletchling lol?? That's hilarious.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

So, based on what I've seen in the episode, the Battle Chateau is sort of like a country club (that allows commoners to enter) and you formally challenge other visitors to a battle in a manner similar to either casual conversation or sophisticated manner such as tossing your gloves on the ground (which I'm guessing are the writs like the ones in the game). Once you defeat an opponent, you either become a member starting at the baron level or descend to a higher level until you reach the Grand Duke status, is that right or is there anything I'm missing?
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 20th March 2014 at 8:45 PM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

This was a nice episode, decent battles, Grant and Viola seem like the perfect match imo XD

Can't wait for Ash vs. Grant official gym battle, I'm glad Froakie and Fletchling were out, also it'd be be nice if Cyllage gym match would be 3 vs. 3, Froakie and Fletchling looked determined.

My rating: 9.8/10 XY keeps on being great!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Really Grant?? Your going to compliment Pikachu for beating a Fletchling lol?? That's hilarious.
    At first Grant wasn't impressed with Ash simply calling out Electric attacks on a Flying type, what caught his attention was when Pikachu kept having the upperhand while using the Feather Dance weakened Iron Tail.

Also Fletchling is a god, I shall have none of this.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

wait was this the first time featherdance has been used in battle?

Any notice the Legendary battle theme for XY was used, I don't think any of the Legendary battles themes were in the series from my knowledge.w

Probably gonna have to watch this episode to get the full experience... I've been slacking on actually watching the show ^^;

From the sounds of it though, it was a pretty good episode. Ash battling is never a bad thing, even if it is just Pikachu XD

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    I also was kinda confused at how pretty I found Viola in this episode, must be the high heels.
    I thought it was the Butterfly like hairpiece...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    wait was this the first time featherdance has been used in battle?
    Solidad used it (although I think it did damage) in her battle against May in the Kanto Grand Festival. Can't recall any other instances right now.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Solidad used it (although I think it did damage) in her battle against May in the Kanto Grand Festival. Can't recall any other instances right now.
    A Chatot owned by Officer Jenny in DP

Really, dusknoir went down after a single flame charge, come on this isnt sunkern, its a poke with base 150 defenses.

Grant looks like a pimp, in that getup, guess klefki used swagger, and it was supereffective.

7,5/10, Ash should have used his own fletchling.

Viola and Grant's battle made the episode imo; the rest of the stuff including Nikola and Tesla were forgettable in my opinion. Too bad that Ash's Fletchling didn't evolve either.

So when you win at the chateau you go up in rank? Something tells me we might see this again and Ash will get a higher rank. Makes no sense for Ash to leave at a fodder rank. Doesn't suit his personality at all.

Grant's Onix is epic and Ash showing Fletching and Froakie the battle is foreshadowing a possible three on three match.
    Total Shinies 233

My DP Team

Pretty good episode although I would've liked to a bit more out of the first battle. especially when you've got a cool pokemon like Dusknoir. I liked the build-up for Ash vs. Grant and the COTDs were pretty decent.

Fletchling should've had that battle though, it's probably going to evolve soon and I feel like its barely done anything.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by King Charizard View Post
    So when you win at the chateau you go up in rank? Something tells me we might see this again and Ash will get a higher rank. Makes no sense for Ash to leave at a fodder rank. Doesn't suit his personality at all.

Grant's Onix is epic and Ash showing Fletching and Froakie the battle is foreshadowing a possible three on three match.
    If this is the only location of the Battle Chateau then I doubt we'll be seeing it again.

This was one of my favorite X and Y episodes, top three at best

Loved Ash in that outfit, he looked so cute in it

Seeing Ash in these type of battles are fun, hope to see some thing like that again. Maybe have it be lie those tournaments in the BW series

Also, really liked Ash x Viola's interactions, kind of ship it now
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

That 3 v 3 foreshadowing though. Viola was so pretty in this episode and SpiderGrant was quirky in a good way. Onix vs Surskit was good and Ash is a Baron. I'm pretty sure the Battle Chateau will be seen again. Great episode. 9/10

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Any notice the Legendary battle theme for XY was used, I don't think any of the Legendary battles themes were in the series from my knowledge.w
    I think they might have used the Kyogre/Groudon music before, titled "Ancient Pokémon", or something like that. I thought it was cool that they added the music for the Kalos trio!

I loved the battle between Viola & Grant, especially with the remixed trainer music! The other battles were also kind of cool (especially with the music!). I'm hoping Ash sending out Froakie & Fletching means they'll be used in the battle, provided that means it is 3 on 3.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Honestly, I don't see a Ash having a shipping going on with either Viola or Alexa because I see them as being too old (18-22 at least) so if they either of them did have feelings for him, it'd be kind of taboo and frowned upon in most societies. That being said, I did enjoy their interactions here in this episode, though I felt it was more similar to either an older cousin's relationship to a younger cousin or someone who admires a kid for their skill and potential sort of like the big brother/sister program
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast