Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Titles at the Chateau! (823)

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    wait was this the first time featherdance has been used in battle?
    no im pretty sure some one used it before in DP

im surprised that featherdance was used since fletchling can not learn that move in the games

pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

Quote Originally Posted by tak310 View Post
    no im pretty sure some one used it before in DP

im surprised that featherdance was used since fletchling can not learn that move in the games
    Pokemon Z Move Tutor confirmed

This episode is probably one of my top five of the saga so far. The character interactions were awesome and it's the little stuff that really gets me going, like Viola having her barrett, Grant climbing all over the place, Ash still having Pikachu's PokeBall after all these years, Nikola and Tesla being the Killer Bees of Pokemon, and the possibility of the Battle Chateau showing up again in the future.

The battles were also great, although Nikola VS Pharrel was a little short. Dusknoir being OHKO'd by Flame Charge was laughable and I'm surprised Pharrel even made it in the Chateau. Grant and Ash's battles were awesome and I'm really starting to understand what the Cyllage Gym summary was talking about regarding Onix's Rock Tomb. I thought it was using Stealth Rock but surprisingly it really uses Rock Tomb with rocks that huge, and Grant was literally controlling the battlefield without having Onix move an inch. Onix having Rock Polish also really made it stand out, and it's crazy how I'm starting to get excited to see an Onix in a gym battle.

I think Grant hanging off the ceiling in a suit pretty much destroyed my imagination of him being one of those serious Gym Leaders. lol It's how I thought of him in the games, but I'm not saying that I hate his personality. I actually really like it! I'm kind of glad they made Grant, as someone previously said, a bit quirky. :P Can't wait to see him in the Gym battle now!

Image by なべのふた
    This is all I need to feel safe and warm
    When we're together, that's all that matters

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    This was one of my favorite X and Y episodes, top three at best

Loved Ash in that outfit, he looked so cute in it

Seeing Ash in these type of battles are fun, hope to see some thing like that again. Maybe have it be lie those tournaments in the BW series

Also, really liked Ash x Viola's interactions, kind of ship it now
    maybe we should also do one for viola and grant.

I love the Viola-Grant interaction. That subtle nod when she saw him hanging. Then that look on her face after he fell that was pretty much "not again." Maybe Clemont should attend those Gym Leader conferences more. Get to know his quirky peers abit more. I've really liked the XY gym Leader characterization so far.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Definitely in my top three favorite XY episodes so far. Please, moar Viola in the future.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

what's with the yo thing - nikola and tesla must have come from a different country .

Hey, did anyone else notice how they had the music from the Unova Pokémon League playing right before Ash and Tesla's battle?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Honestly, I don't see a Ash having a shipping going on with either Viola or Alexa because I see them as being too old (18-22 at least) so if they either of them did have feelings for him, it'd be kind of taboo and frowned upon in most societies. That being said, I did enjoy their interactions here in this episode, though I felt it was more similar to either an older cousin's relationship to a younger cousin or someone who admires a kid for their skill and potential sort of like the big brother/sister program
    Tell that to that Frontier Brain, she didn't seem that young to me. Although I thought Ash was being written more as a 13-14 year old back then.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Really loved the interactions between Grant and Viola. It did make me wonder about where Clemont stands among the other gym leaders... Obviously I couldn't understand what they were saying, but he didn't seem familiar with the Battle Chateau when Serena was explaining it, and at the end he looked just as shocked as the others when Grant explained he was a gym leader. I'm really curious to know what he said specifically to Grant towards the end.

Considering Grant and Viola seemed to know each other really well and it was implied that they frequent the place, I don't get why Clemont is out of the loop. All gym leaders are at the rank of marquis/ marchioness in the games, after all. He spends more time inventing than networking, I guess...? Really wish that connection was there though; it would make for some good world-building.

On a different note, fletchinder looks pretty dang cool and I really hope Ash's fletchling evolves soon!

Happy Holidays!
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~ ~
    [719/719]
    NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED! - Thanks to all who helped!
    -06/17/2014-

Quote Originally Posted by Tangeh View Post
    All gym leaders are at the rank of marquis/ marchioness in the games
    fyi: anime episodes do not exactly follow the path of the xy games.

thus that might be the reason clemont was shock to know the battle chateau.

its not that ash will return to the battle chateau right, i'm sure this battle chateau is only good for one episode since walking back here from cyllage will have estimation of tough distance.
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 21st March 2014 at 2:41 AM.

Really loved the interactions between Grant and Viola. It did make me wonder about where Clemont stands among the other gym leaders... Obviously I couldn't understand what they were saying, but he didn't seem familiar with the Battle Chateau when Serena was explaining it, and at the end he looked just as shocked as the others when Grant explained he was a gym leader. I'm really curious to know what he said specifically to Grant towards the end.

Considering Grant and Viola seemed to know each other really well and it was implied that they frequent the place, I don't get why Clemont is out of the loop. All gym leaders are at the rank of marquis/ marchioness in the games, after all. He spends more time inventing than networking, I guess...? Really wish that connection was there though; it would make for some good world-building.
    who knows maybe clemont is keeping it a secret(his rank) from them so when ash needs to achieve the highest rank he battles ash for the third time in order to clear the battle chateau

pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    fyi: anime episodes do not exactly follow the path of the xy games.

thus that might be the reason clemont was shock to know the battle chateau.

its not that ash will return to the battle chateau right, i'm sure this battle chateau is only good for one episode since walking back here from cyllage will have estimation of tough distance.
    Well I know that, lol. Just trying to make a point. I wish he would have at least recognized what the Battle Chateau was and acknowledged why he's never participated in it.

There's actually a shortcut from Cyllage right onto the route that the battle chateau is on through zubat cave! I can't see them returning to the episode, though. They wouldn't have any reason to.

who knows maybe clemont is keeping it a secret(his rank) from them so when ash needs to achieve the highest rank he battles ash for the third time in order to clear the battle chateau
    Ash would kill him for keeping another big secret like that hahaha.

Happy Holidays!
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~ ~
    [719/719]
    NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED! - Thanks to all who helped!
    -06/17/2014-

Clemont is a fodder Gym Leader for Ash. Not surprised that neither Grant or Viola recognized as a Gym Leader. Not to mention Clemont probably hasn't been Gym Leader for long. His father most likely ran the gym.
    Total Shinies 233

My DP Team

I was finally entertained! I can't help but to think that this could have been a great goal for Serena, even if I think her current status of looking for something is interesting. I just find appealing trying to climb ranks to finally earn the purple cape. It also ties with Serena's love for fashion, but, oh well.

Fletchinder looks more appealing now, than in the pictures. I like how it was animated and it made me excited for the future of Ash's Fletchling. It was also a great idea to have everyone watch the battle between Grant and Viola. I like those little moments where the pokemon act as if they were family and those tiny bits of Ash being a goo trainer without necessarily training are always a pleasure to watch.

Good battles and good story. I hope we get to see more of the Battle Chateau.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Good battles and good story. I hope we get to see more of the Battle Chateau.
    i'm afraid that battle chateau might be good for one episode( since ash returning here might take a long distance from where he is just like what i said), but at least what's important is they explain most of the things we need to know through the chateau itself

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    - Did Ash just dex Onix?
    nah its serena, ash only dex fletchinder

On a different note, fletchinder looks pretty dang cool and I really hope Ash's fletchling evolves soon!
    if i guess correctly it might be during korrina's battle since fletchling is totally advantageous through fighting type pokemons.
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 21st March 2014 at 4:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    i'm afraid that battle chateau might be good for one episode( since ash returning here might take a long distance from where he is just like what i said), but at least what's important is they explain most of the things we need to know through the chateau itself

nah its serena, ash only dex fletchinder
    The anime could easily have the Chateau in multiple locations.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

So the Black guy has to be hanging around like a monkey seriously not cool -_-
    Friend Code- 4828-5000-3163
    Safari Dragon= Shelgon ,Fraxure and Druddigon PM if you add me so I can add you
    I have pokemon Y.

overall the episode was average for me (this might be the first time i'm saying that the episode was average since i now kind of understand how the plot was going)

reasons - the battles look kind of rushed ( some people might even didn't understand what the battle was all about)

- i feel the explaining during the medieval era should be taken out ( it makes no sense to explain since ash & co didn't know something like that in the first place, what is the whole concept of explaining those when they even hadn't encounter something like that)

- but at least they explain what the battle chateau has ( this is the most important thing in the episode)

- viola telling grant that he is the gym leader of cyllage city at the end of the episode( isn't this an old style already)

don't take it too hard, we people have different opinions when we watch the episode.
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 21st March 2014 at 4:30 AM. Reason: to make clear comments

You know the writers for X & Y have a good episode on their hands when they make Onix an impressive battler lol

But honestly, I still feel that this episode was good. It didn't meet the fans' expectations like having Ash's Fletchling evolve, but at this point of the series in general I'm used to how the writers will never please everyone, even when they make something as awesome as this. I admit I was worried that the Malamar episode would be hard to follow up, but once again X & Y has done an impressive job that's almost either OS or AG quality material. The interactions with the characters were great, the battles were awesome even with pokémon gamers would never use in 1000 years, the music was phenomenal (especially with the battle with Grant and Viola), and Serena even seemed to get some of her sassiness back when she was annoyed at the Coil Brothers' rapping. Now we just have to wait to see this episode air internationally.

Overall- This episode was, like Mary Poppins, "practically perfect in every way"
    9.25/10
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 21st March 2014 at 4:28 AM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Wow, this episode was uh….well with all the hype around it I expected way more than what I got. I might have set my expectations a tad too high but a lot of things in this episode were pretty mundane to me but a lot of things in it were great as well. I guess I can just sandwich the bad stuff between the good stuff.

First of all, the best thing about this episode was easily the friendship and interactions between Viola and Grant. I thought it was adorable the way Viola kept calling him “Zakuro-kun” almost as if they were good friends since childhood or something. How she just awkwardly waves at him using his rock climbing talents to hang from a freaking roof. How she’s annoyed by him falling from the roof. How he immediately challenged her to a battle. There interactions during the battle and after. They were both very cute and all. I do hope we get more of this in the future, not to mention the anime did a good job of giving Grant some nice characterization and personality. I found the majority of the XY characters in-game to be lacking in entertainment value but the anime did a fantastic job of making Viola very great to me and Grant was entertaining enough as well. Job well done.

I did not care for the battles this episode, three battles and all three very rushed. Then again this episode in-general could have really been better if it was a two-parter, so much time spent on set-up, showing off and exposition only to blast through the battles quickly and end everything so fast. I really did like the explanation on the nobility system and the Chateau’s past and the flashbacks with the dueling knights alongside their Heliolisk/Furfrou. The Battle Chateau is a very interesting location in-game and I’m glad the anime expanded on it well and even remembered Viola is prominent there in the character’s first visit. They even went to the trouble of giving Grant/Viola nice clothes and the whole cape system as well and how it was explained.

I doubt this is the last we’ve seen of the Battle Chateau, they set up so much that I just can’t buy this is the last time we’ll see it ever…I hope. Serena going on to explain about the Battle Chateau and not compete really got on my nerves. It would be perfect as something for her to try out. Battle Chateaus are about being stylish and looking classy. Serena has a flair for fashion and it would have been a great place for her Fennekin to try its hand at battling given the amount of trainers of varying levels there.(Marchioness, Earl, Duke, Grand Duchess, etc.) I just ultimately think it would be a waste just to use them on Ash, who has his gym badge quest and is likely going to participate in activities his friends won’t like Sky Battles. Plus Ash’s battle, again was quite rushed. Though I did enjoy the usage of Featherdance and Iron Tail.

As for the other battles, I feel like Grant/Viola could have been much better. It just wasn’t that interesting to me, I’m not fond of Grant using Onix either given the Pokemon isn’t interesting to me, has been seen more than enough under the ownership of gym leaders and the replacement of Amaura struck me as weird. If you’re going to replace it with something why not something underseen like Archen? What I would pay to see an Archen in battle.

We practically had already seen more than half of the Viola/Grant battle via previews. It was clever by Grant to do what he did but I didn’t like the way Surskit went down so easily, Viola’s much better than that and to go down to Flash Cannon in one hit just felt poorly paced.

Bonnie, Serena and Clemont were all entertaining enough. Bonnie’s fondness of Dusknoir was cute and Serena’s spazzing over Tesla and Nikola’s rapping was amusing too. The animation was weird this episode, great in some areas and very off-model/ugly in others. I like how Ash let his Froakie and Fletchling out to watch the battle as well and how he used Pikachu’s Poke Ball to greet, unfortunately I don’t think I saw a lightning bolt symbol which was weird since it was Pikachu’s ball. It did seem weird they debuted Fletchnider but didn’t do much with it, I figured Pikachu would have battled it at least after defeating Fletchling. Maybe Nikola and Tesla will make another appearance in the future? Dunno.

It wasn’t a bad episode, it had its great moments thanks to Viola/Grant, the Battle Chateau and its history, animation at times and character interactions. But I think I expected way more than what I got, like I said it could have really had done more with another episode under its belt imo.

Great episode. Pikachu vs. Fletchling was impressive, especially the aerial steel attack battles. Hopefully Ash returns and gets a higher rank.

Viola is a total cutie and I hope many other gym leaders return in other outfits. Grant is one smooth mofo. Their battle was great, Onix kept spamming Rock Tomb while Surskit used a combination of Ice Beam and Protect to dodge them. I thought it would always be in a defensive, glad to see it used Ice Beam to slow Onix down. Despite losing it did a swell job, they are after all Pokemon trained by gym leaders. Hopefully this'll hush up those naysayers that thought Ash's Pokemon having trouble with them was unwarranted.

The Nikola Tesla duo really looked uncanny with those eyes, and they were really annoying too, good thing sassy Serena came back and have the same opinion with me.
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

I suppose it would be kind if dull of Clemont just told Ash about all of the gym leaders and showed him pics and all before hand. And if he did know them there's no real reason to not tell Ash. It's always been like this, neither Brock nor Cilan knew any of the other gym leaders and their home regions. Cilan was even a huge fan of Brycen through his movies and still didn't know he's a gym leader.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

This episode wasn't bad at all. I hope we see of the brothers again. All the battles went too quickly for my liking but I can see them returning,

Man, the Battle Chateau just became a-lot more appealing to me.

Usually the battle Facilities are kinda watered down in the show, but they made this one look even grander than it is in-game. The huge out-door arena, the classy robes, the history...

No joke, I would love for them to touch up the Battle Chateau and make it more like this in the next game.

And Ash should keep that robe as a souvenir.

RADIANT BLAZE ~

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast