Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Titles at the Chateau! (823)

So is Ash goig to be competing in the Battle Chataue in addition to Gym battles or..?

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    So is Ash goig to be competing in the Battle Chataue in addition to Gym battles or..?
    probably if there are battle chateau in other cities, then he will have the tendency to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    probably if there are battle chateau in other cities, then he will have the tendency to compete.
    If so, it wouldn't be far fetched to assume they'd be like the Battle Club tournaments in BW, here's hoping Clemont and Serena decide to participate as well

Things I like on this episode:
    - Serena's dislike of the brothers' verbal tic.
    - Zakuro's almost-dynamic entry.
    - Viola versus Zakuro. David (Ametama) coudn't beat Goliath (Iwark) this time.
    - Serena said Nikola's verbal tic at the end of sentence.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire team: Laglarge, Jukain, Bursyamo, Sirnight, Ohsubame, (TBA)

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0515-6562 Type: Dragon (Onondo, Onbat, Crimgan)

Supported pairing(s)
    Anime: SatoSere, SatoHika, SatoHaru Pokespe: GoCry, RuSa, DiaPla, BlaWhi

Hey,what did Tesla say at the and that annoyed Serena?

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurites View Post
    Things I like on this episode:
    - Serena's dislike of the brothers' verbal tic.
    - Serena said Nikola's verbal tic at the end of sentence.
    so true, those words ending with the yo - its just too perfect for rappers like them.

serena should learn how to do the rap ( for fun)

OK, watched the episode, here we go:
    - Seriously?, Serena went with all the bother to look for the Battle Chateau ... for Ash?, she even said "This could interest you, Ash" PUT YOUR CRAP TOGETHER, SERENA !!! TRAINING A LITTLE WON'T KILL YOU OR FENNEKIN!!!
    - The Fresh Princes were funny, it would be cool to see them again
    - People gets upset about Fletchinder not being Ash's like if Fletchling won't evolve XD
    - Serena swooning about the Battle Chateau ... are you freaking kidding me ? she BELONGS to the Chateau
    - So, it looks like you need 10 wins to go up a rank in the Chateau and you can only battle trainers that are in your same rank, Nikola became Viscount. Interesting, they went really deep in the rank system for a potential one-time thing
    - Scumbag Baron Ash: Meets a trainer that wants to be a Baron and follow his brother's footsteps, steals his dreams and he doesn't even have the intention to keep going
    - So, Grant was impressed with Pikachu beating a Fletchling ... he needs to go out of his house more often
    - Viola in that dress looks ... <3
    - Onix ... again, I won't even be surprised if Roxanne comes back for an episode to show her brand new Onix (¬_¬)
    - Viola vs. Grant was a very good battle, but it ended kinda abruptly, Surskit already could break a Rock Tomb with Bubblebeam, I don't know why she didn't the same thing at the end
    - You could say anything about Serena, but her little things makes her entertaining, if only she could do that a little bigger, her non-development wouldn't hurt that bad, I'm still with you, blondie

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    OK, watched the episode, here we go:
    - Seriously?, Serena went with all the bother to look for the Battle Chateau ... for Ash?, she even said "This could interest you, Ash" PUT YOUR CRAP TOGETHER, SERENA !!! TRAINING A LITTLE WON'T KILL YOU OR FENNEKIN!!!
    - The Fresh Princes were funny, it would be cool to see them again
    - People gets upset about Fletchinder not being Ash's like if Fletchling won't evolve XD
    - Serena swooning about the Battle Chateau ... are you freaking kidding me ? she BELONGS to the Chateau
    - So, it looks like you need 10 wins to go up a rank in the Chateau and you can only battle trainers that are in your same rank, Nikola became Viscount. Interesting, they went really deep in the rank system for a potential one-time thing
    - Scumbag Baron Ash: Meets a trainer that wants to be a Baron and follow his brother's footsteps, steals his dreams and he doesn't even have the intention to keep going
    - So, Grant was impressed with Pikachu beating a Fletchling ... he needs to go out of his house more often
    - Viola in that dress looks ... <3
    - Onix ... again, I won't even be surprised if Roxanne comes back for an episode to show her brand new Onix (¬_¬)
    - Viola vs. Grant was a very good battle, but it ended kinda abruptly, Surskit already could break a Rock Tomb with Bubblebeam, I don't know why she didn't the same thing at the end
    - You could say anything about Serena, but her little things makes her entertaining, if only she could do that a little bigger, her non-development wouldn't hurt that bad, I'm still with you, blondie
    Yeah,I don't get why she didn't participate.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    it was planned by the writers for grant's victories i think, they might be showcasing grant to know how superior he can be.

Disappointed by this episode. I watched for the battles, and, well, I expected them to be short since there was three, but I wanted Viola/Grant to be longer. It was still cool to have Surskit put up a fight and I'm surprisingly excited to see this Onix in the gym battle. Nice to see Viola in a formal design as well, plus Grant's anime appearance is better than the in-game model.

I loathed the brothers though. Hideous designs and horrible dialogue. Those eyes.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    So, based on what I've seen in the episode, the Battle Chateau is sort of like a country club (that allows commoners to enter) and you formally challenge other visitors to a battle in a manner similar to either casual conversation or sophisticated manner such as tossing your gloves on the ground (which I'm guessing are the writs like the ones in the game). Once you defeat an opponent, you either become a member starting at the baron level or descend to a higher level until you reach the Grand Duke status, is that right or is there anything I'm missing?
    tossing the gloves, now come to think of it were they really gloves or maybe they can be considered gauntlet at some sort.

about defeating the opponent i just wish they can tell how many battles you have to win before you can ascend to the next rank - one win against an opponent ascending a rank sounds really bland for me imo.

The thing that didn't make sense to me is the fact that Ash just left after one battle. He wasn't allowed to have more than one battle? It seems out of character that he would leave and not try to rank higher which is why I believe we haven't seen the last of the Battle Chateau.
    Total Shinies 233

My DP Team

Quote Originally Posted by King Charizard View Post
    The thing that didn't make sense to me is the fact that Ash just left after one battle. He wasn't allowed to have more than one battle? It seems out of character that he would leave and not try to rank higher which is why I believe we haven't seen the last of the Battle Chateau.
    what's more is only those with the same rank can battle each other which literally didn't make sense.

cite for example viscount taking an viscount

seriously they should just let the trainers do free battle instead of fighting with the same rank. i'm pretty sure becoz of this there might be other chateaus running in other cities.

Quote Originally Posted by King Charizard View Post
    Because these episodes only last that long. I think it's very likely Battle Chateau will appear in the future.

The animatiors suck at drawing wings.They disapoint every time.

I believe the Battle Chateau will appear in the future and Ash will become Grand Duke so that we won't cry so much when he'll lose the League.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

This episode was pretty boring, they padded it out for so long. Serena was a little better than before. I like how she reacted to the brothers' annoying rapping, but she needs to drift AWAY from Ash. Why did they make her gush over the battle chateau because Ash would like it and not for her own reason?
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    This episode was pretty boring, they padded it out for so long. Serena was a little better than before. I like how she reacted to the brothers' annoying rapping, but she needs to drift AWAY from Ash. Why did they make her gush over the battle chateau because Ash would like it and not for her own reason?
    Maybe because she wanted to visit Battle Chateau? Both her and Bonnie seemed ecstatic because it looked amazing.

It was not just Serena's suggestion, it was Bonnie's too.

They could have not stood in the background though. Like you said, they thought it looked awesome, but did nothing.

They could have not stood in the background though. Like you said, they thought it looked awesome, but did nothing.
    Bonnie couldn't battle and Serena ... well that's a whole another problem. She is very passive in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Bonnie couldn't battle and Serena ... well that's a whole another problem. She is very passive in general.
    I hate this.She sends the wrong message to girls.

Why can't a girl be both a competent,ambitious person as well as girly?Why does it have to be one or the other?
    Last edited by Nacreous; 22nd March 2014 at 5:09 PM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    How? There are passive people in the real world just as there are active in your face people as well. Last saga had Iris as the latter so I'm rather happy we have a calmer female companion this time.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post
    How? There are passive people in the real world just as there are active in your face people as well. Last saga had Iris as the latter so I'm rather happy we have a calmer female companion this time.
    You don't get it.Just...nevermind.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

What wrong message?

The message to little girls could be: take your time in finding out what you want to do. You're ten years old, just enjoy having fun with your friends.

Serena's crush on Ash doesn't define her. It is the fans who take her crush and make it a big deal especially when the anime barely treats it as a crush. The last time Serena showed any possible affection towards Ash was in the Premier episode and it was only for a brief moment. So no, Serena is not sending a wrong message to the girls.

In terms of writing however, and us fans who discuss Serena as a character on the forums, she needs to get more screentime. And she will be getting more episodes PLUS a rival so the wait was worth it.

Why can't a girl be both a competent,ambitious person as well as girly?Why does it have to be one or the other?
    I don't mind her being passive either, it's that there's not much more to her. She does interesting things once in a while, but is mostly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Serena's crush on Ash doesn't define her. It is the fans who take her crush and make it a big deal especially when the anime barely treats it as a crush. The last time Serena showed any possible affection towards Ash was in the Premier episode and it was only for a brief moment. So no, Serena is not sending a wrong message to the girls.
    It doesn't define her despite what the advertising would have you believe, but taking it away, what's she got to stand her out?

It doesn't define her despite what the advertising would have you believe, but taking it away, what's she got to stand her out?
    Nothing. I'll admit it. I can say that the only thing that makes Serena stand out from all the other girls is that her development seems to be proceeding very slowly. She still has only one Pokemon, didn't even try to capture one and she didn't have an official trainer battle.

She also gets little focus. However, she IS getting a rival so things are looking up.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast