Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Titles at the Chateau! (823)

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    maybe we should also do one for viola and grant.
    I liked her interactions with Ash more though, it clicked with me

I hope these things return again in the future, would love it if Ash would keep moving up each time

I really liked the outfit he was in at the end, more of that please
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post

She also gets little focus. However, she IS getting a rival so things are looking up.
    a cotd rival to be exact.

a cotd rival to be exact.
    We don't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    This episode was pretty boring
    if its the battle chateau part i know what you mean

the battle seems to be rushed which kinda makes no sense( prior to viola vs grant)
    serena didn't get her screentime ( must be the reason why she would showcase herself on xy 21)
    i'm fine with clemont and bonnie 9 so i had no problem about those two)

overall the episode was more of a comedic type more than a suspense genre one.

It was such a shame that we had 3 battles on this episodes and 0 Vs. Screens I think Viola vs. Grant deserved a Vs. Screen

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    It was such a shame that we had 3 battles on this episodes and 0 Vs. Screens I think Viola vs. Grant deserved a Vs. Screen
    yeah that's also what i think but they didn't give us any of it - as for ash and tesla, i think there's no need for one since it doesn't look like an official battle, it's only for ash trying out there.

I guess that we won't be getting VS screens in tournament settings. Makes sense I guess since there would be multiple per episode.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

This episode was okay. The battles were too rushed for my liking but eh whatever. Viola and Grant's interactions were nice. Funny enough I paired Grant and Viola since they were revealed last year so this just pleased the shipper in me. The COTD's were.........weird. Not in a good or bad way they were just plain weird.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Not in a good or bad way they were just plain weird.
    i know what you mean, their rapping tells it - i'm really wondering what's with the yo thing and serena even feels disgusted to it at the end ( really loved her reaction on it)

- I like how Serena introduced the idea of the Battle Chateau
    - Can we take a moment to appreciate the beauty that is Fletchinder?
    - Ugh their rapping is annoying - I love how Serena is annoyed by it, too lol
    - That's cool how the battling ranks work
    - The white gloves are used as a battle request - how unique, I guess
    - Omg at Grant hanging from there. Ummm... OK?
    - Bonnie thinks that Dusknoir is cute - aww
    - The battle animations are great. Battles are my favourite part of the anime, and I love these in today's episode, even if they were a little short
    - Viola looks so cute in today's episode! The new hairstyle really suits her
    - Well Grant knows how to make an entrance. I can't believe he tried to clap while hanging on... lol
    - "Yo! Yo! Yo!"
    - The formalities in the Battle Chateau are so endearing
    - Oh Ash, your hat doesn't match your Baron cape!
    - An Onix for a rock-type gymleader. Why am I not surprised?
    - Rock Tomb looks scary in animation. If I was that Surskit, I'd have had a heart attack
    - I love the ending with the rapping brothers and Serena

Overall, it was a nice episode. I loved the visuals

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

ah those rappings not to mention serena got affected at the end.

Nikola: When we meet again, I'm going to be Grand Duke yo
    Tesla: You have to do your best at your gym yo.
    Serena: They're back at it yo.
    Tesla: Oh you've caught at it too, yo.
    Serena : What ( she is about to puke from her reaction) - lolz on this one.

poor serena she got affected but nevertheless she had fun.
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 27th March 2014 at 3:02 AM. Reason: thoughts

Grant is nothing like I imagined him. Funny thing is that I don't even know what I thought of him before the episode... lol He seems interesting enough.

Yup I'm weird.
    Credit: ico

'Bout time this episode got subbed!

The episode is nice, although the new characters annoyed me, I guess the episode was ok.
    I laughed when Serena mimicked them at the end though xD

Amourshipping for the win!

Pokemon is Pokemon and always will be, but when one of the writers or developers makes a wrong decision and upsets the fanbase, well, let's not get into the details shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGreninja View Post
    'Bout time this episode got subbed!

The episode is nice, although the new characters annoyed me, I guess the episode was ok.
    I laughed when Serena mimicked them at the end though xD
    serena got affected through their rap, that's a new side to her mimicking a cotd.

yeah the episode is nice prior to the battles ( looks rushed imo)

Pretty sure Ash is going to rank up some more with the Battle Chateau in this sage. They not only hyped his gym battle with Grant but alluded to a Chateau battle with him as well in the future.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Just watched the sub, and I gotta say: nikola and tesla were the first COtD's this series that I haven't liked. I guess they were helpful in clarifying and getting ash there, but I just didn't like them.

Still a good episode though. That first battle was absolute bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Hungry Hypno View Post
    Just watched the sub, and I gotta say: nikola and tesla were the first COtD's this series that I haven't liked. I guess they were helpful in clarifying and getting ash there, but I just didn't like them.
    probably it has to do with their character and what's with their rapping anyway - they look like a tourist in kalos if not how did they learn the rapping.

serena got affected through their rap, that's a new side to her mimicking a cotd.

yeah the episode is nice prior to the battles ( looks rushed imo)
    After seeing the sub, I have to agree that seeing Serena getting affected was pretty funny
    Also, while the first two battles weren't that great, I still think the match between Viola and Grant was good, especially considering the pokémon they were using

Also, I just got a little fangasm because I think this is the first time since either episode 1 or episode 5 that we've actually seen Pikachu's pokéball & not just have it mentioned
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 27th March 2014 at 4:08 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Training for my gym battle with Clemont after swapping out a few of my pokémon
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

An average episode. The strongest part of this episode by far was the character interactions. Great reactions and humour. On the other hand, I really didn't enjoy the battles all that much. They felt very rushed and were over before they began.

And Grant using an Onix especially bored me. It and Geodude are practically staples for Rock type Gym and makes them feel very generic. I feel like I've seen it all before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post

Also, I just got a little fangasm because I think this is the first time since either episode 1 or episode 5 that we've actually seen Pikachu's pokéball & not just have it mentioned
    come to think about it, this is very rare - now i'm wondering where pikachu's pokeball can pop out all of a sudden.

8/10 - I really liked seeing the history of the Battle Chateau being explained and all the exposition it received. The inspiration of British nobility was cool and Viola was awesome.

Average episode, but definitely one of the better XY episodes-- surprisingly decent: 7/10.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

The Surskit vs Onix fight in this episode was one of the best fights I have ever seen in this show. Really great.

Also, love Grant. He's interesting and has a admirable charisma. Gotta add him to the male Gym leaders I like, next to Brawly.

Viola was nice as well, and it's great that we can witness a development for side characters such as the gym leaders instead of only Ash's team/group.
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 5th April 2014 at 8:00 PM.

If the maid looking lady who runs the battles has a name that starts with a sound like Jenny joy and George then I will hold on to my theory that there will be multiple battle chateaus across the region. of course I mean in the dub since that's where the pattern lies. and as such she will have many many many identical sisters running battle chateaus across Kalos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    If the maid looking lady who runs the battles has a name that starts with a sound like Jenny joy and George then I will hold on to my theory that there will be multiple battle chateaus across the region.
    She's named Molly, but everything mentioned in this episode and later episodes heavily imply there's only one single Battle Chateau.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast