Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101
Results 2,501 to 2,522 of 2522

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Discussion thread

now that's what i call disappointing. deus ex machina cards and all. i'm happy the duel quality was good but rigth after yuya activated the rainbow sage's effect, the game no longer became yugioh. How can you replicate than IRL? But the worst was that the dimensions are uniting again. WHAT? so all leo wanted is actually being fulfilled. At least reiji finally laughing was in there, it was the best part of the episode to me. Zexal's final duels had more back and forth and were way more exciting than these. jack and reiji's duel went by so fast. And let's not forget those convenient plot cards the anime loves so much.

overall this series went from very promising to a huge letdown. The villains were nothing and i think that's a big problem. the interesting ones throughout the series were following leo's orders so when leo is revealed to be super lame, all the rest suffer greatly for it. But to me the one who suffered the most was dennis. I loved seeing him as the dark side of entertainment dueling but then he just became nothing. yuri likewise was scary but his i'm not even trying winning streak was so boring because only yusho managed to make his duels interesting. Not even zexal had such a lack of interesting villains.

Now the girls. Yuzu started so promising and the rivalry agains gem knight girl was so good. I loved to see the other 3 duel so much but that's only 1 duel for rin and ruri. That's so sad that not 1 girl had a bigger role. The taylor twins were awesome for the whole 2 episodes they dueled. alexis was there but nothing relevant came out of her. At least akiza dueled throughout the series and there was cherrie le blanc. zexal had rio but underused her but i understand that because of her condition. no other girls in zexal are worth mentioning. And from GX, camula was one of the best parts of the show, defeating the best duelist that jaden couldn't beat while i really liked blair. but of all of these, arc V had a main character that was female and had the best chance of being more often featured in duels. I'm not calling for replacing every guy with a girl but at least feature an awesome female duelist alongside the protagonist.

I guess i can say 1 good thing about arc-v. the duel quality. Yes, relying on action cards to save your a5s was used a little to often for my taste and there was if i recall, in the entire series, 2 or 3 bad action card pickups, while every other action card was just what they needed. that's lame. But when you look at the yuri loop with starve venom and clear wing, reiji's super summoning of everything with d/d/d, jack's indestructible red demon's dragon, shun's phoenix-like raidraptors and even the constellar and gem knight duelists, there were a lot of good plays and not the "i set a backrow and if that gets destroyed i lose" plays GX was so used to. that's a great thing, the TCG evolves and the show's duels evolve as well. that was worth watching this series for.
    wanna test your smash 3ds skills against this filthy casual? hit me up

favorites:-winter-t, furfrou, meowtic m, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, yveltal, hoopa unbound, megaY, mega megamegamega decidueye; vikavolt; lycanroc-midnight; oricorio-baile; golisopod; tsareena; silvally; pheromosa; xurkitree;

gen's top: yveltal;oricorio-baile;

The duel between Yuya and Reiji was good. Yes they spammed the action cards like nobodies business but what did you expect. Liked seeing all the fusion and synchro and XYZ forms of Odd Eyes and such. It was enough to make Reira smile. That's good. That's all the good things I have to say about this episode. It was a solid good duel for what Arc-V was.

Ugh. That ending. So Shun's perfectly happy that Yuto and Ruri are dead...or stuck inside other people? Yugo and Rin don't get a reunion after their awesome duel when Rin had the bug in her brain? Do you know how long I wanted to see their reunion? More then anyone elses and this is what they gave me? Yuri and Serena barely know each other but they are fusion counterparts so that's about it. And none of these characters get to interact with each other? What happened to Zarc's soul? Did it just fade away? They don't say. Yuya and Yuzu don't even hug each other. After all that this is how they end it? And why does anyone think Yuya needs to surpass Yusho? Yuya has Yuri's soul and cards in him so he already has. Granted a Yusho vs Yuya duel would be fine but should have happened before fighting Reiji.

I'm so upset right now. So angry. I grew to love these characters and this is how they are treated? This is how Arc-V ends? I have so many questions. What happened to Barret? Is Leo suddenly okay now that his daughter is gone forever? What is Reira's gender? Is the bracelet gone? How will the Yuyas and Yuzus live within Yuya and Yuzu? Are they ghost now? How will Shun ever talk with Ruri or Yuto again? Doktor was carded so I assume he's not carded anymore so is he still evil or was he egao'd off screen. Why did Ray exist to begin with? What was the point of such a pointless character? Why didn't they ever use Zarc's original design as the villain instead of horror Yuya? My head hurts.

The final award for best facial expression goes to laughing Reiji. He read the plot of this final arc and laughed. I'd laugh to. Vrains don't disappoint me. Arc-V started off good but Synchro killed it.
    Moon/Glovehead Berlitz! Make it a reality for a Berlitz reunion celebration!

Wow that duel was exactly what the director said it would, the audience would be involved (sort of) and that last moment was tense the heartbeat didn't help.

Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon being a purified monster, yeah I can agree on that. And Odd-Eyes Wing (NOT Clear) Dragon was cool, it took about 100-ish episodes but we got it eventually. Its a shame we can't do Fusion-Synchro-Xyz spamming next era, bummer

And um... OK the ending wasn't what we were expecting but its still a 'And they all lived happily ever after' ending. Good choice of song for the ending, its better than the 1st opening.

So before I say good-bye to this thread I'll give my thoughts on the series

Good Points:
    The plot (most of it anyway)
    Legacy characters
    Homages to past series
    Previous locales
    Turbo Duels came back!
    Diverse decks used by the characters
    Season structure plot-wise (Season 1 Good Start, Season 2 Nice 5D's reboot, Season 3 It all comes full circle)
    Character development (well mostly anyway)
    For once a unpredicable plot, unlike ZEXAL's
    Yuya was a unique protagonist
    Zuzu Boyle got better treatment than the 'eye-candy' ZEXAL characters

Bad Points:
    Season 3's final episodes went a bit downhill
    Gladiator Beasts (we know how powerful they are and DON'T PUT THEM IN AGAIN!)
    What was the point of Alexis?
    Some of the story dragged on and on and on
    Sylvio, I really hate you

Overall score: 8/10 - Best series in the franchise (if you've got a problem with that, keep it to yourselves we're entitled to our own opinions)

So yeah, that's it. ARC-V you were great, 3 years, 148 episodes, its been a fun ride. See you in the VRAINS thread!
    Last edited by NeoDude-5000; 31st March 2017 at 10:11 AM.

that's a thing they could do, just like dragon ball's thread, uniting all the yugioh threads.

favorites:-winter-t, furfrou, meowtic m, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, yveltal, hoopa unbound, megaY, mega megamegamega decidueye; vikavolt; lycanroc-midnight; oricorio-baile; golisopod; tsareena; silvally; pheromosa; xurkitree;

This will be my final post for Arc V. The finale made me very furious but I still liked Arc V. The cast were mostly good. Among them I have some new favorite yugioh characters such as Sora, Yuzu, Yugo, Reiji, Shun, Dennis, Serena, Tsukikage and even Sergey. Ruri and Rin only got a handful of episodes and most of their characters are told from flashbacks but both characters are still better then Asuka. Yuya, Gongenzaka, and Sawatari started off as good characters but between the latter two just being jobbers and Yuya's brainwashing through egao they are just okay. Yuto kinda falls into the same category as Ruri and Rin for me. A good character but not enough in the flesh appearances. All the villains were a mess. Roger and Sergey being my favorite if only for how over the top they both were. Yuri was very one note and needed more character development. My biggest gripe was the Yuyas and Yuzus all never interacted as a group. The most we got was Yuya and Yuto and very briefly Yuzu and Serena. It would have been nice to know what the others think of each other without the end of the world at stake.

But overall Arc V wasn't terrible. It started out as a really good season starting with the Standard arc and just fell apart after that. I don't hate the season but it could have been so much more then what it ended up being.
    Moon/Glovehead Berlitz! Make it a reality for a Berlitz reunion celebration!

Well I saw the last Arc V episode last night and it was pretty good. I loved seeing Yuya and Declan grabbing as many Action Cards as they could and how Yuya was reunited with Yuzu, tho it kind of sucks how it ended with that cliffhanger involving Yusho.

arc v was a reverse zexal in terms of feelings to me. zexal starting horrendously but gradually growing and by the end it was great, i was rooting for characters and cared about most of them. yuma never became a good character imo but the rest of the cast had enough characters involved in the plot that i cared about for me to be engaged with the series.

arc v started the 2nd strongest overall just bellow 5d's. gret variety of characters that were involved in the plot and everyone had their spotlight. and then, after the lancers got separated, everything went downhill. the focus became way too much on yuya and characters that i thought were going to be more than jobbers go the can. yuri, yugo, ruri and rin had almost no character development and if it wasn't for my love of ruri's design i wouldn't care for any of them. but the synchro pair got canned the most in order to promote the legacy characters. Shameful, just shameful. Yuzu still was relevant until she crashed and became a fugitive until captured, just to become the peach to yuya's journey. reira, one of the characters i had the most anticipation for (reminding me of kaito's brother and red witch akiza) so i was hoping he could become a very important part of the show. he then became a vessel for ray and a baby. he showed promise in the younger tournament with his deck and again standing against barett. but in the end he was another hostage, this time to ray and in the end zarc.

And the villains, save for roger, the parasite doctor and BB (yes, i know everyone hates him), no other villain stood out. leo went out like a little b1tch, edo and the taylor sisters aren't even villains and as i said before, yuri didn't have any time to develop his character and zarc was there for 1 (very long) duel. All we know from the evilness of zarc was through flashback and no present actions made me fear him at all. BB to me was a very interesting villain since he was nuts, carding everything, friend and foe alike, by him we saw the insane methods academia performed on their students and save for the egao ending, which i thought was stupid, i liked the conflict BB went through, trying to escape the horrific control academia had over him. I guess the only true villain in the series was that creep doctor. Now that's a guy you just wanna beat up. He did it because he enjoyed it and would have no problem betraying leo if he could, if it meant he could spread his "little babies" to all the dimensions. And what happened to him? he got carded so fast i couldn't believe. And by leo, that oh so amazing villain that couldn't do jack and got owned turn 1.

To me, just like i didn't enjoy the fire emblem awakening clones in fates the same goes to the legacy characters in this. The 5d's especially. It was all about jack. crow was played good, not standing in the way of the main plot but instead aiding it to progress. the academia ones were more of a "hey look at these characters, don't you remember them?" then anything. asuka was the most worthless while edo was converted in 2 duels, making the one below leo and thus the entire academia force look super weak.

So after they enter the xyz dimension everything goes way too fast and without time to develop some more of the lancers, no attachment could be created. all of it ending with the most anticlimactic ending possible. yuya sees yuzu, yusho challenges yuya and that's it. no hug, no kiss, nothing. ever since zarc was beaten i had almost no interest on what followed and they couldn't even manage a proper reunion, which yuya struggled for for so long. all the focus was on this moment and they didn't even got us that. I was wondering when she appeared if she was gonna be sucked through another portal to another dimension again.

Which is the reverse of zexal. amazing start and "please kill me" ending. Overall i liked the show, some great characters were introduced (sadly not very developed), the best quality of duels we ever had but with nothing that managed to grab my attention when they decided to drop everything to focus solely on yuya. Still excited for Vrains.

I know that this ending was not that great and I really don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Well I saw the last Arc V episode last night and it was pretty good. I loved seeing Yuya and Declan grabbing as many Action Cards as they could and how Yuya was reunited with Yuzu, tho it kind of sucks how it ended with that cliffhanger involving Yusho.
    It's not like Yu-Gi-Oh! hasn't been known to end on cliffhangers before. Judai vs. Yugi going unfinished (even if it's more than a little unlikely that Judai pulled a win out of his hat there), the new threat emerging that everybody is heading off to face at the end of ZeXal, etc.

If I had to guess, Yuya as he is now is a better duelist but not yet quite as good an Entertainment Duelist as Yusho.

Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon on Purple Armageddon are the Master Guide promos

https://ygorganization.com/ocg-master-guide-5-promos/

FOUND IT! the best musical track of the series. unfortunately it's unreleased. Flames of revolution is an awesome duel song that should have been released on arc v duel sound 4. what a shame. but this track is another big positive of this series to me.

Quote Originally Posted by magma grunt edu View Post
    arc v was a reverse zexal in terms of feelings to me. zexal starting horrendously but gradually growing and by the end it was great, i was rooting for characters and cared about most of them.
    Arc V was kind of like Zexal to me since I liked both series in the beginning, but grew to dislike them in the second half hee hee. Arc V wasn't as bad granted, but I think since I had higher expectations for it, the decline felt worse to me. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon on Purple Armageddon are the Master Guide promos

https://ygorganization.com/ocg-master-guide-5-promos/
    Even as a card collector, I don't care for those cards. The thing with ARC-V's cards is that aside from a couple of Entermates/mages, none of the ARC-V era anime cards are amazing in real life. :c

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Even as a card collector, I don't care for those cards. The thing with ARC-V's cards is that aside from a couple of Entermates/mages, none of the ARC-V era anime cards are amazing in real life. :c
    Eh, I think Clear Wing and Crystal Wing are still meta, and Odd-Eyes Magician deck is part of the meta for a while.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I watch The Dark Side of Dimensions and the movie was much better than Pyramid of Light, but i didnt like Aigami's transformation, but i guess the point was darkness=ugly.
    Aigami's real name is Diva and i wonder what is the meaning of that word in japanese.

Wow. Where to begin? I am both glad and sad for this series to go but it's been some ride. I've been watching Yugioh in bits now and then for years and this is by far one or if not the worse send off to a series in a long time.

Cons:

Yuya- I though he was okay. Got way too much screentime when not needed, entertainment dueling got on my nerves and him going around by himself looking for Yuzu and salvation by the end was not my cup of tea. But I will stand by my conviction and will admit, I like him still better than Yuma.
    Yuzu- Hyping her up just for defeating the protagonist was not a good thing to do. Then treating her worse then even Shingo and Gongenzuka did not sit well with me. I never understood why in anime the fandom likes girls who do little to nothing on screen but seem to hate the ones that are more active. I always disliked the main girls on Yugioh cause I knew that they mostly came off as shipping bait and barely anything else. At least with Vanguard, the girls knew how to duel and still do.
    Yu boys- What's the point of having four protags of guys from different dimensions if they aren't going to be used. As soon as they went to the XYZ dimention, Yuto should have took over most of the duels from Yuya, then with Synchro Yuto and when they got to fusion, then Yuri. The same goes for the girls. The last could have just been yuya and yuzu struggling or whatever but they didn't use them.
    Ray and Zarc- I feel this little story was just something to hype up the girls more than the guys. We really didn't need their backstory if we weren't going to see them come back and do something. Plus they are both stuck in both yuya and yuzu. Which to me is worse then death.
    Villains or whatever was a threat- Wasn't worth the build up we got.
    The rivals- They were rivals that didn't act like rivals and the characters who weren't rivals acted more like rivals. Why?!
    The overuse dragons
    -The underuse of the other side characters like Shingo and so on.
    -The glorification of 5d's and the underutilization of the folks in fusion.
    -Hyped up duels that were never delivered.
    -The treatment of Yuto.
    -The treatment of Reira.
    Jack- Was somebody in love with this guy's design or something? Why such a big use of him in a series that has very little to do with him? I could see if Rin was his sister or something to make him really pissed off at Yuya, but why the extra favoritism with him and barely any with Reiji, his true rival. Not saying you can't have more than one, but damn!

Pros:

The Yu boys- Besides for how they were handled, I liked the idea of having three more boys to work with just incase we got tired of one. The manga did a better job at switching them out when it came time to. Too bad the anime didn't take notes.
    The bracelet girls- Despite how they were treated also, I liked the idea of having three other girls to look forward to. I never liked Yuzu, so the other three gave me hope and I did like them more. But it still was no cigar.
    The reveal of Reira- I guess it seemed like he was a she all along but I am not so sure. However, if that was the case then they failed to utilize her as well.
    Shun- He is by far my favorite character in Arc V. I actually liked his rivalry with Yuya over Reiji to be honest with you. He just came off as a intense and passionate duelist.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 10th April 2017 at 9:46 PM.

At least they're still releasing cards from Arc V even in the first VRAINS era pack. Arc V had alot of interesting cards that I still want to see come out including some of the Performage cards that Dennis used like that Xyz shadow monster hee hee. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I never liked Yuzu, so the other three gave me hope and I did like them more. But it still was no cigar.
    I liked how Rin managed to defeat Yugo, but in the end she and Ruri were snubbed big time compared to Yuzu and Serena. Serena's feistiness got on my nerves, though.

Just saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    What is Reira's gender?
    Female. Apparently it was randomly revealed in the Dimension Highway episode, of all time.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I liked how Rin managed to defeat Yugo, but in the end she and Ruri were snubbed big time compared to Yuzu and Serena. Serena's feistiness got on my nerves, though.
    Rin and Ruri dueling at all was good enough for me cuz I expected them to remain as prisoners, so I was glad when we saw them in action. I just wasn't a fan of how they used Fusion monsters cuz of the parasite card. ^^;

I feel like the worst-handled characters in this series were Futoshi and those other Yusho school kids. Granted, I hate Futoshi in particular, but Ayu and what's-his-name had interesting decks IMO judging from what we saw.

Granted, I hate Futoshi in particular, but Ayu and what's-his-name had interesting decks IMO judging from what we saw.
    Fredrick is kind of annoying hee hee, but even so I liked his crayon dinosaur monster that we saw him use. Allie's deck was cute as well even tho she only got one full duel, however it was still better than what Tate got, which was two offscreen duels.

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101