Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Discussion thread

I got some more info on ARC-V it ain't much but it's somewhat interesting.

- Reiji is interested in Yuya because of the one-of-a-kind Pendulum Summons that only Yuya can pull off.
    - I think Yuya tends to spout "I'll become a Duelist!" as his catchphrase?
    - Yuya vigorously tries to follow his ideals and dreams despite his complicated traumas.
    - Reiji's Leo Corporation developed the Monster Riding Technology.
    - You can hide in buildings and forests that exist on the battlefield.
    - Action Cards are activated when a Duel Begins, but they're randomly scattered around the field, so you have to search for them while you battle.
    Btw there will also be a pre- ARC-V special airing tomorrow and there is a chance that we might get a but more info about the series. We need it considering how little info on ARC-V we've gotten.

So Pendulum Summoning is a main character exclusive thing? Hopefully this isn't Yu Gi Oh GX 2.0.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    I got some more info on ARC-V it ain't much but it's somewhat interesting.

Btw there will also be a pre- ARC-V special airing tomorrow and there is a chance that we might get a but more info about the series. We need it considering how little info on ARC-V we've gotten.
    Overall, I don't like the idea of Action Cards; they sound like another form of deus ex machina in my opinion. Also, I don't like Yuya's monsters, especially the hippo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Overall, I don't like the idea of Action Cards; they sound like another form of deus ex machina in my opinion. Also, I don't like Yuya's monsters, especially the hippo.
    If you don't like that then you probably won't like the fact that Yuya is gonna use his Pendant to morph his Magician monster cards into Pendulum Monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    So Pendulum Summoning is a main character exclusive thing? Hopefully this isn't Yu Gi Oh GX 2.0.

Yeah atm it is. Yuya's gonna create it in his first duel. Nah so far it has a similar concept but ARC-V is pretty different so it will probably be its own thing rather then a rehash.

Speaking of Yuya's first duel. They released a spoiler to how Episode 1's duel turns out.

Spoiler:- Episode 1 Duel:

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    Speaking of Yuya's first duel. They released a spoiler to how Episode 1's duel turns out.

Spoiler:- Episode 1 Duel:
    Sounds interesting, especially since the Battleguard monsters are being used for the first time since DM iirc. I can't wait to see the episode for myself.

There was a little bit of new info about Action Duels here.
    They can use cards in the middle of a duel now? Well at least there is going to be a lot of running around this time around, I wonder if the duellists can dodge direct attacks?

What? A new Yu-gi-oh anime is coming? Platinum fan must check it out. Yu-gi-oh got hard for me to follow because of all the new features in dueling. I could follow Synchro Summons, but the Zexal ones confused me. I had trouble keeping up. I'm such a old school duelist. But I am glad Yu-gi-oh's making changes and I will check out Arc-V. A new Yu-gi-oh series, I cannot wait to see it.
    RIP anime version of Glovehead. Pokemon Adventures will save you.

Not really sure how. XYZ summoning was a lot simpler than Synchro summoning, though if you dropped Zexal early, you made a very smart decision,

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    Not really sure how. XYZ summoning was a lot simpler than Synchro summoning, though if you dropped Zexal early, you made a very smart decision,
    I didn't drop Zexal exactly. I was waiting for it to finish and so I could watch the entire series in one big marathon. As for the summoning, I just get them all confused. It's not too hard to follow, but I'm really lazy on the following rules :P

Was Zexal not a good series?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I didn't drop Zexal exactly. I was waiting for it to finish and so I could watch the entire series in one big marathon. As for the summoning, I just get them all confused. It's not too hard to follow, but I'm really lazy on the following rules :P

Was Zexal not a good series?
    It was alright but was disliked since the protagonist was mostly considered unbearable and annoying by a lot of people while the duel writing began to become too ridiculous to keep track off along with some plot holes here and there. Also cause it wasn't 5D's.

It was alright but was disliked since the protagonist was mostly considered unbearable and annoying by a lot of people while the duel writing began to become too ridiculous to keep track off along with some plot holes here and there. Also cause it wasn't 5D's.
    I see. Personally I never could get to deep into 5D's. The dueling on the Duel Runners was a interesting concept but overall it looked ridiculous. I will say the Yu-gi-oh cards and rules get insane the deeper you get into a season.

I see. Personally I never could get to deep into 5D's. The dueling on the Duel Runners was a interesting concept but overall it looked ridiculous. I will say the Yu-gi-oh cards and rules get insane the deeper you get into a season.
    Pretty much. Basically by the end of GX it just became all about who can drop their ace out on the field the fastest and upgrade it to win the duel. Not much thought or strategy put into it since nowadays they'll just make up a card that can make you summon your ace without even properly calling it out and just 1 turn kill your opponent.

Pretty much. Basically by the end of GX it just became all about who can drop their ace out on the field the fastest and upgrade it to win the duel. Not much thought or strategy put into it since nowadays they'll just make up a card that can make you summon your ace without even properly calling it out and just 1 turn kill your opponent.
    This is one reason I lost interest in the Yu-gi-oh franchise. It started by the end of GX, like you said. 5D's duels were entertaining at least, but the strategies IMO, didn't even touch half the ones I saw in the GX era. I think GX had the best showing of card strategies in terms of card rules.

This is one reason I lost interest in the Yu-gi-oh franchise. It started by the end of GX, like you said. 5D's duels were entertaining at least, but the strategies IMO, didn't even touch half the ones I saw in the GX era. I think GX had the best showing of card strategies in terms of card rules.
    By "card strategies" do you mean deus ex machina? I just preferred 5D's over GX and Zexal and I hope ARC-V is on par with 5D's at least.

Yeah that's true some characters still used strategies every now and then but the heroes draws just became too unbelievably haxed to really get into to. Though Jaden topdecked way too much imo. Tbh I'd probably rank ZEXAL as the best showing since of all series it probably followed the irl rules the best from all the series.

I just hope ARC-V is not over hyped for not being ZEXAL like how the XY series was a bit too overhyped for not being the BW series.

By "card strategies" do you mean deus ex machina? I just preferred 5D's over GX and Zexal and I hope ARC-V is on par with 5D's at least.
    Jaden was cheap with his fusions always coming out at the right time, but GX was way better then 5D in nearly everything. Most Yu-gi-oh main characters are broken uber duelist but Yusei takes the cake for cheapest duelist, and to add insult to injury the character felt immensely boring to me. 5D's deus ex machina's were just as bad as everyone elses if not worse. GX followed the rules more closely then any other Yu-gi-oh franchise. 5D's Duel Runners gimmick was down right silly.

Jaden was cheap with his fusions always coming out at the right time, but GX was way better then 5D in nearly everything. Most Yu-gi-oh main characters are broken uber duelist but Yusei takes the cake for cheapest duelist, and to add insult to injury the character felt immensely boring to me. 5D's deus ex machina's were just as bad as everyone elses if not worse. GX followed the rules more closely then any other Yu-gi-oh franchise. 5D's Duel Runners gimmick was down right silly.
    Yusei might not have been the most interesting character, but at least his strategies were planned out better. Hopefully Yuya will follow in his footsteps.

Yusei might not have been the most interesting character, but at least his strategies were planned out better. Hopefully Yuya will follow in his footsteps.
    No thanks. I hope we never get another Yusei character ever. I can't think of a more boring main character then Yusei. I could never get into 5D's with such a bland and dueling perfect duelist like Yusei. Much like with Pokemon, I found everyone else around Yusei to be more interesting. Jack Atlas going from a smug paper champion to a legit good guy (something they should have done with Kaiba) Akiza being this amazing scary duelist that everyone is afraid of, sadly she was weakened and her spot as the third duelist was taken by Crow. I could go on about 5D's. I hope this new Yu-gi-oh series is nothing like 5D's. And I hope Yuya is nothing like Yusei.

Atem wasn't all that much better either. Yuma could've been great, but turned out horrible. Yugi hardly did anything until the end.

Said it before and I'll continue to say it everytime it's mentioned; 5D's was great in the beginning. Then post-dark signers ruined it. I also think Z-One being some random mook who turned himself into Yusei was stupid.

I haven't watched many of Yuma's duels so I can't say for certain how his victories were.

The Yu-gi-oh main characters usually are invincible dueling wise. It's why many are viewed as so cheap. I think Jaden had the most defeats of the main characters not counting Yuma. And in the manga Jaden is massively watered down and loses quite frequently. Yami/Atem rarely lost but he has on the rare occasion. I don't think I have ever seen Yusei actually lose all his life points and lose a duel.

Zexal literally creates card out of nothing. And the average Zexal duel generally went like this: turns 1-3 summon ace. The rest of the duel: use your entire deck to support your ace and keep it on the field. First one to lose their ace and isn't Yuma loses. In Yuma's case, he just barely survives until he can get Utopia or one of it's forms back on the field.

The other three at least used cards actually in there decks and Yusei hardly used Majestic Dragon.

The duels in ZEXAL were a bit boring with the whole first move, bring out a couple of monsters, then summon your ace using them. Kinda wished it was just like in GX and 5D's were it would normally take 2 or 3 turns to summon an ace

So apparently yuya invents pendulum summoning by transforming his normal odd eyes into odd eyes pendulum dragon.

Yusei's only lose was in a flashback against Jack. But does it really matter I mean he thrashed Jack more times then I can remember and ran circles around the teams in the WRGP. In the anime I think that Atem lost only 4 duels while in the manga he's lost about 3 duels though he's arguably lost about 5 duels in the anime and 4 in the manga if he did end up losing to Joey in their final duel after Battle City.

Also episode summary for the 2nd episode of ARC-V.

Spoiler:- ARC-V Episode 2 Summary:

Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast