Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Yusei's only lose was in a flashback against Jack. But does it really matter
    Yes, it does. He got trashed by JAKKU ATORAS despite all the other powerful villains in the series.
    Well, Kiryu beat him as well. Breaking his D-Wheel was his only option to not to get his LP reduced to 0, considering the scenario couldn't be avoided otherwise anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    Zexal literally creates card out of nothing. And the average Zexal duel generally went like this: turns 1-3 summon ace. The rest of the duel: use your entire deck to support your ace and keep it on the field. First one to lose their ace and isn't Yuma loses. In Yuma's case, he just barely survives until he can get Utopia or one of it's forms back on the field.

The other three at least used cards actually in there decks and Yusei hardly used Majestic Dragon.
    Agreed. That's what I disliked about ZEXAL and I hope Yuya's deck and strategies are a bit different. Same goes for other characters in ARC-V.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    The duels in ZEXAL were a bit boring with the whole first move, bring out a couple of monsters, then summon your ace using them. Kinda wished it was just like in GX and 5D's were it would normally take 2 or 3 turns to summon an ace
    ZEXAL duels really got kinda boring for me when they started bringing those aces using the most ridiculous combinations/cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Yes, it does. He got trashed by JAKKU ATORAS despite all the other powerful villains in the series.
    Well, Kiryu beat him as well. Breaking his D-Wheel was his only option to not to get his LP reduced to 0, considering the scenario couldn't be avoided otherwise anymore.
    It does count but at the same time 1 lose from a duel before the series began doesn't really count too much when Yusei trounced Jack every other time they dueled. Eh Yusei's winning ways only really got overbearing around the WRGP.

Yuzu is dueling by Episode 2 I'm impressed. Tbh I kinda hope she beats Yuya especially if he can only use Pendulums at certain times.

lol, looks like they still love Half Unbreak so much to the point of making an Action Card with identical effect. What's next, Double-Up Chance in Action Card form?

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I'm actually interested in this series: well, definitely more than Pokemon XY, that's for sure.

The first episode was awesome imo. Yuya was awesome and the supporting characters weren't good too and weren't annoying like ZEXAL's supporting characters were. The action looked nice and Action Duels looked better after getting to watch them. Overall it's a better premier episode to me then ZEXAL or GX's first episodes were.

An okay-ish start of the series for me. It was interesting in some parts, but the best bit was at the end. All I could say was SPOILER WARNING!!! "What? Odd-Eyes is evolving? (card transforms) Congratulations, Odd-Eyes Dragon evolved into Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!" That answered my question of what is Yuma's true ace. Imagine the abridged series parodying that scene. I also wonder who else will be using Pendulum Summoning?

I just finished watching the first ARC-V episode and I wasn't all-that impressed. The animation is very ZEXAL-like and Yuya's dad looks too much like Yuma's dad in my opinion. I liked Yuya though. He was fun without being excessive. He's like the Yu-Gi-Oh version of Lady Gaga with those wacky outfits and theatrics, plus he lives for the applause. I'm disappointed that he essentially invented Pendulum Summons though. :x

The only thing I like about the 1st episode is that alotta of past monsters showed up in cameos or in dueling like the Strong guy using the Battleguard monsters.
    Mii: Kaiyo [Friend Code is 1993-7286-9750. Friend Safari is Normal with ] PSN/Xbox Live/Steam/Twitter/ Youtube/Raptr/Twitch

I just saw the first episode of Arc-V. Let's see here on my list.
    Main character with wacky hair? Check.
    Main character has a monster in his deck with 2500 attack points? Check.
    First opponent has a monster with 3000 attack points in his deck to oppose main character? Check.
    A blonde female? Check, though I think that's his mom.
    Funny sidekicks that have humorous expressions? Check.
    Main character is on the verge of defeat when is saved by a miracle? Check.

These are the recipes for any Yu-Gi-Oh series. Needless to say I did enjoy the first episode. I love how they give these Yu-Gi-Oh main hero protagonist different personalities. It really makes them fun for me, and Yuya was quite a fun character. I loved his...dancing Hippo cards? Whatever they were they were fun. Reminded me of the old Ojama trio cards. I look forward to this series. It has potential.
    RIP anime version of Glovehead. Pokemon Adventures will save you.

So first it was card games on motorcycles.
    Then it was card games on roller coasters.
    Now it's card games on duel monsters.
    What's next, card games while "riding" someone of the opposite gender? Heh heh.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    So first it was card games on motorcycles.
    Then it was card games on roller coasters.
    Now it's card games on duel monsters.
    What's next, card games while "riding" someone of the opposite gender? Heh heh.
    To be fair, this season is more, "Battles in open landscapes," or however you want to describe it. Riding on the monsters can be/is a part of it, but it isn't a prerequisite.

I'm really interested in the ARC-V rivals tbh. Hopefully they don't disappoint.

Btw here are the previews for Episode 3-5.

Episode 3
    ダークタウン 奪われたペンデュラム召喚!! Daakutaun Ubawareta Pendyuramu Shoukan!! (Dark Town: The Stolen Pendulum Summon!!)
    April 20th, 2014
    Yuya, in order to master Pendulum Summoning, Yuya repeatedly Duels against Gongenzaka. But as they fight, a strange shadow approaches Yuya... ...

Episode 4
    一筋の希望!!ブロックスパイダーHitosuji no Kibou!! Burokkusu Supaidaa (A Ray of Hope! Block Spider)
    April 27th, 2014
    In order to save Yuzu and the others who have been kidnapped, Yuya duels Sawatari Shingo. However, he's shocked when he sees his Chronomancy and Astromancy Magicians have been stolen and Shingo's using 'em.

Episode 5
    おかしなおっかけ!?「紫雲院素良」おかしなおっかけ!?「紫雲院素良」 Okashina Okkake!? "Shiunin Sora" (A Strange Groupie/Fanboy!? "Shiunin Sora")
    May 4th, 2014
    A mysterious boy, called Sora, keeps bugging Yuya. Infatuated by Yuya's Entertainment Duels, he wishes to become Yuya's apprentice.
    For anyone interested in who Shingo is he's the blonde-brown haired guy with the 3 Lv. 7 EARTH monsters who appears before Reiji in the opening.

So I'm guessing that the next person who'll Pendulum Summon is that Sawatari person who will steal the Chronomancy and Astromancy Magicians? It kind of sounds like that early ZEXAL episode where Tokunosuke stole Yuma's Number cards with some strategy of his. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    To be fair, this season is more, "Battles in open landscapes," or however you want to describe it. Riding on the monsters can be/is a part of it, but it isn't a prerequisite.
    I was trying to make a sex joke......
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I'm not gonna lie, this series seems pretty interesting after watching the 1st epiosde...
    Protagonist, Yuya, looks to be a cool goofy character. Better than Yuma already lol...in my opinion
    ALRIGHTY, The PokémonJesus is BACK!
    Follow me (PJ) on Tumblr: the-pokemonjesus
    and on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Gotta play 'em all!
    Until next time...
    PEACE!

The new episode was fine. Yuya winning and not realizing what happened was nice. The crowd's reaction to Yuya's win was also pretty cool imo. Yuzu really impressed me in this episode. Her and Yuya's interactions were the highlight for me and the fact that she flawlessly defeated him and became the first female lead to beat the main protagonist was great. It's about time that Reiji and Shingo debuted honestly, their involvement in the show is what I am most eager for especially Shingo who seems to be giving me Shark and IV vibes which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    The new episode was fine. Yuya winning and not realizing what happened was nice. The crowd's reaction to Yuya's win was also pretty cool imo. Yuzu really impressed me in this episode. Her and Yuya's interactions were the highlight for me and the fact that she flawlessly defeated him and became the first female lead to beat the main protagonist was great. It's about time that Reiji and Shingo debuted honestly, their involvement in the show is what I am most eager for especially Shingo who seems to be giving me Shark and IV vibes which I like.
    It's official. Yuzu is the best Yugioh girl. Period. Now let's hope they can keep it up for the next 3/4 years.

Not a bad start to a Yugioh series at all. Now for the Duelist Advent to come out...hahaha
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    It's official. Yuzu is the best Yugioh girl. Period. Now let's hope they can keep it up for the next 3/4 years.
    I don't know. Optimistic as I am for her, there wasn't that much to be impressed about. She pulled a couple decent moves, Yuya fumbled as he realized he has no idea how the Pendulum Scale is supposed to work, and she won because he couldn't figure anything out. It would be like Asuka beating Judai without him using Polymerization.

Ugh, I still think the Opening song is so cringe-worthy. Anyway, Yuya winning at the start was quicker than I thought and I'm glad Yuzu won their duel; I'm glad that there's finally a competent female sidekick in a Yu-Gi-Oh! series again. I loved how Yuya failed to Pendulum Summon at the end in general. Seems he still needs to get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    I don't know. Optimistic as I am for her, there wasn't that much to be impressed about. She pulled a couple decent moves, Yuya fumbled as he realized he has no idea how the Pendulum Scale is supposed to work, and she won because he couldn't figure anything out. It would be like Asuka beating Judai without him using Polymerization.
    Figured that was the case. Though at the end of the day she still beat a main character.

The second episode was good. I do like Yuzu and I'm happy she won her duel with Yuya. However does this mean she's one of the best? Well when you take in account that Yuya's strategy of Pendulum Scale...whatever wasn't working it tells me that Yuzu only won to show that Yuya's not fully use to his own cards yet or something. I'm not expecting Yuzu to be a powerful duelist all season. Sorry don't see. It was almost like Tea beating Joey before Joey became a real duelist that knew how to duel the right way. But still I liked the duel between them and Yuzu's gloating laugh when she knocked Yuya down was by far the best.

Other then Yuzu being a strong duelist, I also liked how it seemed Yuya got popular for his early victory and had like a fanbase, but when he loses they all like turn on him. That can happen in real life too. Yuya's reaction made me care about the character. Usually when a Yu-Gi-Oh character, especially the main character, gets famous for a duel that fame and their fans follow them for the rest of the series. They changed that and I applaud the change. It makes me want to see Yuya succeed rather then just win every duel with little error. So I guess I'm on board for this series. And I still love Yuya's Hippo cards.
    RIP anime version of Glovehead. Pokemon Adventures will save you.

Wonder if Yuya will ever get a savage hippo card? Those things are beastly.

Episode 3 was decent. I liked Yuya's school; it actually seemed pretty normal compared to some previous schools. His teacher was funny too. Sawatari was a jerk by stealing Yuya's Pendulum cards, but I liked that Reiji was the mastermind behind it. The New York City-esque field was also pretty cool.

Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast