Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Discussion thread

Fourth episode was good. Yuya's other Entermate monsters have now appeared (his Pendulum ones, the toad and the scorpion one) and the duel itself was quite good. I'm starting to get the feeling the premise of the 1st arc (no pun intended) will focus on Yuya going up againist Leo Corp who are trying to get his Pendulum monsters and use Pendulum summoning just to make their decks more useful. Also a bit of an interesting Pokémon meets Yu-Gi-Oh! reference in the latest Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL English episode, Yuma vs. Ash! (sort of)
    Last edited by NeoDude-5000; 28th April 2014 at 9:09 PM.

The fourth ARC-V episode was okay I guess, although Yuya's victory seemed really convenient. I disliked his Shining Draw-esque thing, but liked that Sora joined his little group.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    The fourth ARC-V episode was okay I guess, although Yuya's victory seemed really convenient. I disliked his Shining Draw-esque thing, but liked that Sora joined his little group.
    Agreed. Arc-V is continuing a trend I grew increasingly aggravated with in Zexal; cooking up cards with effects specifically geared to the situation they're used in, simply to hand over a win. It annoyed me with Hope Roots, and it annoyed me here with Empty Fishing.

Yuya continues to entertain me for the most part, and the duelling (so far) feels considerably less one-note than Zexal's (though it's too early to soundly make that claim, I guess), but I could do without the DEMs.

I'm really hoping to see more of Sawatari, he's such a jerk but I just can't hate him. lol Plus he remind me of IV and he seems to be on the route to being Manjoume 2.0 if he does end up getting redeemed and turning into Yuya's sidekick. I hope he's more like a jerkass Joey (manga Joey not the anime one) and actually gets some time in the limelight so ARC-V doesn't turn into the Yuya and Akaba show.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    I'm really hoping to see more of Sawatari, he's such a jerk but I just can't hate him.
    I thought he had potential at first, but then he became a generic villain and puppet to Reiji. If he appears again then fine, but I'm not his biggest fan.

It's not a Shining Draw sort of thing, as much as it is an effect they added to emphasize the importance of the draw.
    WOOHOO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    It's not a Shining Draw sort of thing, as much as it is an effect they added to emphasize the importance of the draw.
    It did look quite visually reminiscent of Shining Draw though, which I think is what Lorde was getting at, rather than stating that it actually was a Shining Draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    It did look quite visually reminiscent of Shining Draw though, which I think is what Lorde was getting at, rather than stating that it actually was a Shining Draw.
    Yeah I was referring to the animation and how over-dramatic Yuya's draw scene was.

By the way, was there a new ARC-V episode this week?

Yeah I was referring to the animation and how over-dramatic Yuya's draw scene was.

By the way, was there a new ARC-V episode this week?
    No, not until next week. A table tennis tournament aired in Arc Vs time slot.
    WOOHOO

We got some information on the titles for episodes 7-10: Looks like Sawatari is coming back for revenge, Yuzu is dueling again and apparently Xyzs are making a comeback too. Even though Synchros and Rituals need more love.

http://i.imgur.com/gN8IEeY.jpg

Episode 7: The Imperial Wrath of Treason: Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon

Episode 8: You Show Duel School!! LDS Invasion

Episode 9: Judgment of the Stars! The Xyz User "Shijima Hokuto

Episode 10: The Knight of the Secret Stone! Fusion User "Kotsu Masumi

WOOHOO

ARC-V episode five was okay, but Sora got on my nerves really quickly because of his Yuya stalking. His monsters were interesting though; I'm glad that his deck is fusion-based.

Crazy Steve? Is that you?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Apparently Shijima Hokuto will use a Constellar deck and Kouchi Masumi will use a Gem-Knight deck. I'm officially hyped for episodes 9 and 10 now.

when will we get reijii's ace revealed? there is a rumor saying it is pure eyes pendulum dragon.
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokémon Omega Ruby Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokemon Sun Friend Code:0275-7830-7079

I was a fan of Litten's Final Evolution before it was cool.

Reiji's ace is DDD Caesar the Conqueror (not related to the Different Dimension series). Next week we see the Xyz monsters in action again! No Numbers though...

Episode six was tedious imo, but at least Yuya's victory wasn't as contrived this time and Sora put in a good effort. I wish he had revealed where he learned how to Fusion Summon.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Reiji's ace is DDD Caesar the Conqueror (not related to the Different Dimension series). Next week we see the Xyz monsters in action again! No Numbers though...
    I don't think it's his ace though. I heard it is only his ace in the special manga chapter they have coming out.
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokémon Omega Ruby Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokemon Sun Friend Code:0275-7830-7079

I was a fan of Litten's Final Evolution before it was cool.

Still kind of hope to see new Neos cards. Like, Twinkle Neos. Heck, maybe some new Neo Spacian evolutions.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Still kind of hope to see new Neos cards. Like, Twinkle Neos. Heck, maybe some new Neo Spacian evolutions.
    Jaden dedicated half his deck to Neo Spacians in GX; wasn't that enough exposure for them? I don't see why they'd appear in ARC-V anyway to be honest.

Jaden dedicated half his deck to Neo Spacians in GX; wasn't that enough exposure for them? I don't see why they'd appear in ARC-V anyway to be honest.
    I meant for the real world card game. Hero's Strike is introducing more Masked Heroes into the card game.

After seeing episode 7 I'm glad that my Sawatari being the Manjoume/Chazz of ARC-V prediction was correct. It's so obvious I mean they're both hammy, they both had poses, they're both arrogant and they both constantly change their decks. Plus they both start calling themselves ridiculous nicknames.

The episode itself was nice, imo the best episode so far. Not for the duel itself but more for the characters. Sawatari was funny, Yuzu's attitude was cool and the Dark Duelist's design is cool and I look forward to seeing how he relates to Yuzu and Yuya.

I only liked episode seven because of Sawatari's antics to be honest and because he used a Mobius deck. "Yuya's" deck was boring though in my opinion, mostly because I'm so sick of Xyz Summons.

Watched the 8th episode now the plot's starting to thicken. Yuya goes up against an Xyz user (too lazy to remember the name) in the next episode which will be cool, can't to see the Synchro's in action! Also I was watching the episode with subtitles and Reiji's mother said something about "enemies". Could this be related to the Dark Duelist from the last episode? (by the way Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon is awesome!)

Even though episode 8 was just a set up for a duel, I still liked it. Reiji's mother is such a manipulator, but I like the idea of a competition between duel schools.

Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast