Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Pokévision of Things to Come! (824)

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    The end blooper video was hilarious, too.
    That wasn't a blooper. That's was the actual, finished video Eureka uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    LOL if only that were true.
    I have yet to see one person that has gone on and said and even insuitated "I dislike Serena because she displays too feminine personality traits! RAWWR" literally everyone has a problem with the scene and overall vanity and how it was overplayed to such a degree. She even let her Fennekin get kidnapped by the Rockets to groom and was helpless and again she refused to let Meowth scratch her face despite the fact was going to be manipulated, she regularly lets the boys fight and does nothing, she has a pointless vague crush on Ash that's doing nothing for her character, speaking solely for myself her traits are played up in a flanderized way that ultimately make her look incompetent or like a stereotypical character. Dawn might have been girly, but she still tried to fight Team Rocket when Ash's Pikachu could not in that Shinx episode with her Piplup and Buneary. Even though the whole episode she was going on and on about how she wanted the latest trendy Poketch. When Kenny's Prinplup got stolen, she and her Piplup fought at least, she eagerly took on Nando, tried to catch a Buneary and other Pokemon. It's how it's handled and not about the character being girly.

Not all of them were.
    Me, Lizardon X, Maldread, Aegislash, Mr. Munchlax, Pikacalibur and RVD all commented on the puddle scene, it was roughly an annoyance at how the drama was portrayed or the criticism of the fact Serena and Fennekin were portrayed to be overly stereotypical in that scene. "I don't care if my clothes get dirty!" well of course, any decent trainer would put their Pokemon above their clothes. You seem to be missing the point the majority that commented weren't bashing but simply saying their criticisms and going on to say something somewhat positive for the character's future and how she'll learn to get past that. I just don't know what you're getting at by implying some members were sexist because they were criticizing Serena. This is coming from someone who once again, likes Serena a lot.

I am not turning this into a social justice argument, wow! You are digging way too deep into one sentence I said. And I totally understand the criticism for her being inactive, but not the argument against her being a girly girl.
    You're viewing everyone's post from an objective standpoint and not looking at the overarching problem with being portrayed to be helpless, not knowing how to battle, being afraid of dirt, being basically told that girls should always look pretty, crushing on a boy that obviously doesn't like you back, only baking for the group, going on a journey for a boy not for a Pokemon but for one boy she had a vague impression of, having no agency of your own, being saved regularly, being overly vain to the point where it gets you in trouble regularly. What lesson are you teaching girls watching the show by basically implying they being stereotypical "waifu"(for lack of better term). Serena's nice for me, but she's shallow and has little depth as a character and that's something I hope is developed. Media representation is very important to me, that being said no one as giving her critique for being girly. If Serena wants to dress up as a Fennekin, take care of her hair and bake, more power to her but it should be from the positive end of the spectrum and not negative end. Hence her being portrayed as inactive, submissive, having to regularly be saved by the males in her group. Serena should be able to cook and love fashion while being portrayed to a character who can stand up for herself and do just as much as the males in her group can.

Serena feels like Sakura Haruno from Naruto, shallow crush on a boy, defined by stereotypical traits, weak inferior to nearly every male around her. No character should want to be like Sakura, not even Sakura herself. Friendships with other girls are lacking, she has a rival in love(Ino), goal is to win Sasuke's heart, she's portrayed often as the weakest link, she constantly gawks and snaps at the males in her group.

People were criticizing her girliness, whether you care to admit it or not. And I was arguing the point against that logic.
    You make it sound like whenever someone criticizes Serena for anything, I blindly start defending her. I do realize that she has flaws (her inactivity, lack of captures, etc.), but my point was that her being a girly girl is not one of them.
    Everyone that commented was bothered by the fact the scene was so over the top and Serena and Fennekin struggled so much over 10 centimeters of dirty water, not her being feminine. Femininity has no place in this argument at all and you're blasting it off as if everyone criticizes Serena for being a girly girl when all the Pokegirls in the past have had girly traits about themselves that no one had a problem with, Iris liking flowers, Misty liking fashion, Dawn taking care of her hair with Bubblebeam.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 5th April 2014 at 1:55 AM.

@ Doryuzu: And the comment about glorifying gender stereotypes has nothing to do with Serena being a girly girl, right? Perhaps I misunderstood the first half of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Really? That makes it even more amusing lol
    Last edited by Sephora; 5th April 2014 at 4:14 AM.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Jheez I thought I clicked on a thread for Pokemon and not some social science class about femininity o__O. It was a good bonding episode between Serena and Fennekin, and the episode was quite enjoyable overall. Onto the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by XxSymbolxX View Post
    Jheez I thought I clicked on a thread for Pokemon and not some social science class about femininity o__O. It was a good bonding episode between Serena and Fennekin, and the episode was quite enjoyable overall. Onto the next one!
    More like people rather disappointed by how the key bonding moment between Serena and Fennekin ended up being quite silly for all its supposedly dramatic effect.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

I thought it was a good first bonding moment for a brand new beginner Pokemon like Fennekin. It got over its fear to save her trainer, that was really nice to see. I also loved Bonnie's video for Clemont at the end; it got a nice laugh out of me at the "I'm mass-recruiting girls" part. Ash being eager to train hopefully means we'll get a competent version of him at the Kalos League. (Please not another Unova rehash)
    All in all this episode was one of the better ones in XY so far IMO, hope Fenney eventually makes it to Braixen (Don't care about Delphox, it's ugly)

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    More like people rather disappointed by how the key bonding moment between Serena and Fennekin ended up being quite silly for all its supposedly dramatic effect.
    While others appreciate the development regardless of how silly it looked.

Uhh ... I don't think people are getting the whole thing about the puddle scene (BTW, I think the "dramatic" music was the Kalos Pokémon League theme, or at least that's what I got) it wasn't only about getting dirty, Team Plot Device were trying to attack Serena, so, at the end, it was a puddle + a Psybeam + Shadow Ball, getting hit by Pokémon attacks hurts, even if they come from the practice test dummies Inkay & Pumpkaboo, along with that, it was about Serena noticing how her girlyness ended up affecting Fennekin too, she could simply recall Fennekin back to it's pokéball (which I don't know why main characters do more often) but she decided to show Fennekin there's nothing to be afraid.

Sure, Serena's character is not flawless, her crush on Ash is annoying and she's underused, she even couldn't get an episode focused on her without TR and the Limone siblings taking spotlight away from her, but she is not Malibu Stacy

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    While others appreciate the development regardless of how silly it looked.
    That's fair. For me, it was hard to appreciate this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Sure, Serena's character is not flawless, her crush on Ash is annoying and she's underused, she even couldn't get an episode focused on her without TR and the Limone siblings taking spotlight away from her, but she is not Malibu Stacy
    Lol, I like how this comparison doesn't make her look much better whatsoever.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    it wasn't a blooper, oh looks like a lot of us misunderstood that part
    lol at eureka voicing citron - citron turns into a girl

Female Fennekin (Serena's) confirmed. Officially and Definately.

Quote Originally Posted by ???????????? View Post
    Female Fennekin (Serena's) confirmed. Officially and Definately.
    it was already confirmed before this episode airs, i think with ep 8 it confirms that it is a female.

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    it was already confirmed before this episode airs, i think with ep 8 it confirms that it is a female.
    Then why nobody ever accepted this truth neither in Japan and Italy nor in the whole world and continued behaving as a buch of Trolls by denying Fennekin's female gender and considering her an unknown gender Pokémon? Time to prove this confirm to all of them once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by ???????????? View Post
    Then why nobody ever accepted this truth neither in Japan and Italy nor in the whole world and continued behaving as a buch of Trolls by denying Fennekin's female gender and considering her an unknown gender Pokémon? Time to prove this confirm to all of them once and for all.
    because it doesn't matter to any country if pokemon's gender is confirmed or not - that is not an important aspect to the show itself. like the world will care about the gender of the pokemon.

whether its a female or not - we can already see it with the pokemon itself.

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    because it doesn't matter to any country if pokemon's gender is confirmed or not - that is not an important aspect to the show itself. like the world will care about the gender of the pokemon.

whether its a female or not - we can already see it with the pokemon itself.
    But determined people and coutries would only be tricked by the Anime writers if they don't officially confirm Pokémon's genders; so the translators did never realize the different characters' Pokémon's gender, starting from the Second Generation, about determined Pokémon. Man, they REALLY have to confirm the gender of such Pokémon as Fennekin and Froakie if they DO KNOW which gender was theirs. They really are behaving in a outrageously non-sense manner towards we the Pokémon fans and they really DO have to stop it, because confirming determined Pokémon's gender IS AN EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ASPECT TO THE SHOW ITSELF.
    Last edited by ????????????; 16th April 2014 at 7:32 PM.

Finally got around to this and it surprised me. It was really good.

Serena's crush was referenced more than once in this episode and i liked it - turns out for the first time in the anime i'm actually a shipper. I like how the writers keep doing it i just hope it actually leads somewhere. Clemont and Bonnie's poke-vision was funny as well as his machine go wrong and Pikachu mess up Fennekins fur. It was good seeing Ash doing some training too (or at least begin too) and last but not least Fennekin and Serena got some great development here bonding and also learning flamethrower.

Entertaining episode that i did not expect.

8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Uhh ... I don't think people are getting the whole thing about the puddle scene (BTW, I think the "dramatic" music was the Kalos Pokémon League theme, or at least that's what I got) it wasn't only about getting dirty, Team Plot Device were trying to attack Serena, so, at the end, it was a puddle + a Psybeam + Shadow Ball, getting hit by Pokémon attacks hurts, even if they come from the practice test dummies Inkay & Pumpkaboo, along with that, it was about Serena noticing how her girlyness ended up affecting Fennekin too, she could simply recall Fennekin back to it's pokéball (which I don't know why main characters do more often) but she decided to show Fennekin there's nothing to be afraid.

Her crush on Satoshi is not as annoying as Eureka's mass recruiting girls since this is the reason why Serena started off her journey. I think there is a maximum range to return a Pokémon into its monster ball, we have seen many failed attempts anyway in the earlier series.

Back to the episode, I think Eureka's voice on Citron promotion video is hilarious. This is the only episode which Eureka's finding a wife for Citron did not annoy me. I also love Satoshi's dedication to training and not get carried away by the side quests which says if you want to be successful in the gym then you need to work hard in my opinion.

Godawful episode. My god, where do I even begin to explain how upset I was with this episode?

Funny because if I were Ash, I'd have done the same thing he did at first and went off to train rather than add to the train wreck that went on here...Serena dressing up in that skimpy Fennekin outfit was disturbing on so many levels, even for this show, which treats its heroines like eye candy and fan service at points. Bonnie didn't help at all and only made it worse, and poor Clemont was dragged into the nonsense as well.

Team Rocket randomly pops up as plot devices to advance the story with Serena and Fennekin, which is far too rushed to strike any chords with me or make me feel like this episode accomplished anything.

25/100
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 20th May 2014 at 4:54 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Starting from today the UK is overtaking the US.

This has just aired and it was dubbed well - the Golden Magikarp Episode airs tomorrow.

As a fan of the show with the Mew mew girls in it, I would have liked for Serena to have stayed in the Fennekin outfit for longer but otherwise it was an alright episode I guess.

God I need to quit coming here. You are all negative fans. This ep was a lot of fun and we get more. I can see Serena going the idol route myself.

I liked this episode, it really showed the bond between Serena and Fennekin. It's not something we've seen often so it nice to see their bond to be so strong and in fact Fennekin's will to protect Serena allowed it to learn flamethrower which was cool.

I special mention to Fennekin using ember when she got dirty. It was funny that Ash was always the one to get hit.

Nice episode, onto the next one (which is tomorrow for UK viewers)!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Wow, now I see why people have negative reactions to this episode. Fennekin's worries of getting a little muddy and dirty do escalate to insane levels that Serena has to have a flashback montage over a small shallow puddle of water. And even then without problems, Fennekin learns Flamethrower after one or three wins in battles(?).

Though I think everything else was decent.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Whoa wait what is going on, how is the UK all of sudden catching up???

Decent episode. Quite a bit going on in 22 minutes. Ash training for his battle with Grant, Serena and Co video-taping, Bonnie making a dating video with Clemont, Team Rocket, Jesse's interest in Pokevision, Fennekin getting dirty bit, nice.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast