Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokévision of Things to Come! (824)

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Hey,he wanted to train.He wanted to get better,or try out a strategy,unlike going unprepared and relying on luck and who knows what last minute tactics.

He's a trainer,he must train is pkmn.
    *sigh* I'm not saying he can't train. I'm glad he wants to train instead of charging head-first into the Gym match, believe me. I'm saying that it's inappropriate for him to pick training over helping his friends, when 1) his friends never fail to watch his Gym matches, always agree to serve as opponents in a training match when he asks for it, basically take it for granted to support him 24/7, and when 2) he has no problem interrupting his training to help other Pokémon, or even other people he meets on his way to help them out.

His current companions are probably the most reserved friends he's ever had - it's not like they constantly want to distract him and make him join tasks he has nothing to gain from, quite the contrary. There will be plenty of days where his friends are docile as ever and quietly stand by as he trains his heart out.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

I'm also not saying that Ash should be out of charater for once, but it is good to have the other charater have some screen time by themself without Ash being there all the time or somethng like that.

What is with this saga and flashbacks?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Well it's good to know Ash had his priorities straight. It's obvious that he would have taken the vid more seriously if serena had been more assertive with her crush on him.

It is weird that people are complaing about ash training, yet I've seen so many always complain in bw about him not training and being battle ready enough like dp.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    What is with this saga and flashbacks?
    Did you not see the amount of flashbacks in bw, especially from bw2 on?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I liked the episode, Serena was adorable here

I liked seeing Ash train, I hope in the future episodes this means more wins

If only Ash would notice girls now, than if he noticed Sereba has feelings for him they'd become some thing

Over all, an ok episode. Loved Serena getting jealous and wanting Ash's attention, seeing Ash x Serena hints is nice every once in a while
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Ash would never do such a selfish thing.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

I have to say this episode was like the writers said we are sorry for the lack of development so we are going to rush it in one episode. Fokko was adorable in this episode the Prissy diva pokemon was hilarious to me. I liked how Serena almost freaked when she thought that Ash thought that chick was cute lol. They taught Fokko 2 moves in one episode i mean how when she doesn't train! Anyway, Serena was cute in this episode especially when she whined to Ash about Electro ball the Citron-bot and blowing them up as well.

I would give this episode overall a 6/10 it would be higher if TR wasn't so useless....almost 850 episodes and they still succeed and stop to eat....Hopefully with the little reminder that Serena is a character with limited current depth but potential and Fokko can be quite a battle assest they will stop neglecting them. Also it was nice to see them throw the amourshippers some bones for a change....

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Meowth was rockin that Steven Spielberg disguise. It's like I couldn't even tell that it was Meowth! Also, Serena pls stahp being so adorable.

I think Serena's Fenniken learn WilloWiso in this episode as well

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    My biggest gripe isn't the fact that the flaw exists in itself (though I really would like them to get rid of it, it's not like Ash doesn't have a million other flaws to make up for it...), but more that it's portrayed as the exact opposite of a flaw.

Serena wants to try an activity for which she needs the help of other people. Clemont and Bonnie join immediately. Ash declines to train for his Gym match, which is of course more important than anything Serena could ever be interested in. Not even a sorry, if I recall correctly. The group's reaction? "Yeah, totally understandable." "That Gym's going to be tough, training is a must". I mean, what?

It's not like there's a deadline for the Cyllage Gym match. If Ash didn't feel ready by the time he reached Cyllage City, all he has to do is to hold off going to the Gym and taking 1-2 more days to train.

It's never going to happen, but I want his friends to do the same to him someday. "Dude, it's totally cool that you run off whenever we want to try something we're passionate about. By the way, sorry but I can't watch your Gym match this afternoon, I've been wanting to fix my newest invention forever. Where Serena is? I think she wanted to make macarons for me and Bonnie because we helped her with the PokéVision thing. Said it's gonna take until the evening. Oh, and Bonnie... Probably in pursuit of potential sisters-in-law again *rolls eyes* Anyways, see you later!"
    Although I agree with your assessment Sushi this just means that Serena is getting the Haruka treatment. You know in AG if HAruka had a contest or anything that conflicted with Ash's desire to prepare for a gym he skipped out on it. We got spoiled because he never did that to Hikari and only skipped out on her once in DP 095 to prepare for Fantina. So although its not preferable I am ok with seeing this side of Ash it just further builds the lines of the characters later interactions I believe.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

If I recall, Ash snubbed May many times as well, I don't remember about Dawn, but Ash should have his time if he wants to train or do whatever he wants, he needs his space y'know.

I like this side of him and that the anime is portraying human characters in a more realistic way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I think it's a more realistic Ash.I hate perfect main characters and Ash acting "selfish" for once seems ok.Not everything can be rainbows and sunshine.
    Agreed! +1.
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 27th March 2014 at 5:23 PM.

Wow. I've never seen Sushi give an opinion like that.

But I agree. Movie music used...on a small scene where Fennekin can't cross a mud puddle? That's the girliest Fennekin ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    -Serena learned Flamethrower...
    Now, I know girls are fiery, but Serena isn't that fiery or at all.

Anyway, Flamethrower this early? Fennekin is the OP creature of the group now.

Flamethrower OP lol, if it ain't Fire Blast it's not scary.
    But damn! That personality on the Fennekin tho... I don't really think I like that.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

A lot of new move here...well Fennekin learned flamethrower (Clemont said it)...but what was that purple orb it used? Bulba says it's psyshock and I kinda agree...also, that move where pumpkaboo turns red....bulba says it's frustration...I thought it was facade at first...well...now we know that fennekin is pretty battle capable, it's just really prissy lol...
    Last edited by XXD17; 27th March 2014 at 6:32 PM.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

You know what? That was a pretty nice Serena episode when all's said and done, not great but I do appreciate a lot of what it did, specifically establishing the bond between Serena and Fennekin in a really heartwarming way. The PR stuff was all fun to see and at the end I'm glad it was able to show both Serena and Fennekin making the sacrifice they needed to in order to protect the other from Team Rocket. For Serena it was a significant character establishing moment for her to stand up to Team Rocket fire just to save her Fennekin and I hope to god we see more of that in the future.

By the way I absolutely love Fennekin in this episode, makes me which she got more screen time then she does currently as she's such a little diva that's it's hilarious whenever she sends a ember attack Ash's way for getting her dirty or messing up her fur.

Speaking of TR, there's way to much of them in this episode and could of spent more of that time on Serena, then again this is me speaking as a non-TR fan so maybe others will feel differently.

The other characters were fine, I especially enjoy Bonnie's attempt to pimp out his brother to ladies which goes about as well as you'd expect, somehow I expected someone like Clemont to be incredibly awkward in front of the camera , haha.

I thought Ash was fine, I really liked how he seemed to be proactively thinking ahead with training in his upcoming match against Grant (though it seems he didn't get the chance to do so), but that wasn't just how he was the entire episode and did eventually decide to help out Serena in her PR vids. I personally don't see the big deal of how he's selfish.

So in the end, while it won't really do much to give Serena a giant PUSH towards her development it it's still a nice episode focusing on her at the end of the day.

Oh and I'm laughing at how that Fennekin outfit everyone made a big deal out of wasn't even onscreen for 5 seconds, yet that was the most consistently marketed aspect of the episode, gg marketers.

Fennekin´s aggressive personality caught me off guard as well. Felt a bit OOC to me.
    Team Rocket costumes were hilarious as usual. Meowth in particular manages to steal every scene
    he appears disguised, lol

I agree with the notion that Ash could´ve scheduled a better time slot for his gym training.
    There are more than enough boring CotD/filler episodes that could be allocated for training purposes,
    so why train now when the gang is actually doing something fun and special, such as these costume/film projects?
    At least he participated in the activity later somewhat.

All in all, it was nice to see some Serena and Fennekin char development, and that Clemont´s
    camera robot was just epic.

Also a supporter of:
    ***** Advanceshipping and Pearlshipping *****
    Banner by me

Quote Originally Posted by Hjörung´s wrath View Post
    Fennekin´s aggressive personality caught me off guard as well. Felt a bit OOC to me.
    I don't get this due to the fact that I'm wondering how Fenneking can be "OOC" when she's barely even HAD a character up until now?

So after months of being neglected and forced into the background, Serena and Fennekin got their episode. I've been looking forward to this episode for a very long time. So what did grumpy ole Platinum fan think of this episode?

Well the opening was average until I realized something. Clemont, Serena, and Bonnie were by themselves in the first half. Ash was off training or something. I couldn't believe at first. The Blonde Brigade by themselves without the main character? I instantly grew excited and I enjoyed every second of the Blonde Brigade doing their thing and just interacting. All new Kalos characters. The three characters I only focus on. They alone were getting the focus in the first half. And all their Pokemon were out there with them, including Divakin, Chespin, Bunnelby, and Dedenne. I was in heaven. This was wonderful. I don't know what they were saying but I loved seeing these three alone together. Never say Clemont and Serena don't interact. They interacted here and they feel like friends. Good job Blonde Brigade. I love each and every one of you.

Okay so after the writers gave me my Kalos dream team, I knew Ash would pop up somewhere and he did and I actually had not problem with him. I thought this episode used him very well. He didn't feel forced into the spotlight and was used quite well. Everyone who's complaining about him training rather then helping his friends, well to be fair he's done that before in the past. It's nothing new. And he did join them in helping later. So no harm done. I don't think he was in the wrong here. He's got to train his Pokemon at some point, but he still put it off to help his friends anyway when they asked.

Anyway the episode itself was good. Serena and Divakin got the development they needed. We got to see the bond between the two, and despite the fact that they haven't battled, they had a beginner trainer/first Pokemon loving bond. Divakin stole the show. Her expressions, and how she acts was great for the little fox. She even used a move that wasn't a fire attack. I hope it was a Psychic attack. What was that little orb she used? And the video that Serena and Divakin made at the end of the episode was indeed highly cute. I'm surprised at how cute it was. I thought it was going to be cliche fanservice, but it just came off as innocent and cute. TR was even nicely used here, even if they were plot devices.

Overall a good episode. Glad Serena and her diva Fennekin got this episode. And I loved the Blonde Brigade by themselves in the first part. A dream came true for a few minutes. And Clemont's still the man with his wacky robots.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I agreed that it's logical for Satoshi to focus on the training for his gym battle against Zakuro (although he decided to help Serena filming anyway).

Serena's Fokko is quite a neat freak on her body's cleanness, heh.
    TR's disguise is funny as always.

From Fokko costume to ordinary bathrobe, Serena looks good in any outfit. I hope the writers make Serena wear more kind of clothes.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire team: Laglarge, Jukain, Bursyamo, Sirnight, Ohsubame, (TBA)

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0515-6562 Type: Dragon (Onondo, Onbat, Crimgan)

Supported pairing(s)
    Anime: SatoSere, SatoHika, SatoHaru Pokespe: GoCry, RuSa, DiaPla, BlaWhi

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    I don't get this due to the fact that I'm wondering how Fenneking can be "OOC" when she's barely even HAD a character up until now?
    Fennekin has been part of the cast for roughly 20 episodes, it never attacked anyone in the gang,
    yet now she barbecued Ash twice, for relatively petty reasons. Her personality in this episode
    felt overly aggressive compared to the way she has been portrayed hitherto. Not saying it´s a bad thing,
    but the char development IMO could´ve been smoother.

Also a supporter of:
    ***** Advanceshipping and Pearlshipping *****
    Banner by me

I didn't like this episode, both for the reasons Sushi stated and because it was so boring. He'll help people he just met but puts training, which he can do anytime, above his so-called "friends". It's just one more reason why I'm not convinced they're truly bonded. I know sometimes friends do those kinds of things, but the way they did it was just bad out of character writing.

Couldn't Fynx go around the puddle? And it didn't seem to have this much of a problem with getting dirty in the Bamboo forest episode.

Why don't Team Rocket ever Counter or Mirror coat incoming attacks anymore? Also they were pretty awful here. Why did they feel the need to waste everybody's time the way they did, they could have just snatched the Pokemon right there or something.

Fynx burning Ash over and over was not funny, just lame. Heureka's (Bonnie) cutesy act is still not funny, either.

The actual video didn't even last more than ten seconds, they really kept us waiting for this?

I thought this would be fun like "Zorua The Movie! The Legend of the Pokémon Knight!!" but it wasn't.
    Last edited by Benny+Lilia+Ash; 24th June 2014 at 3:27 AM.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hjörung´s wrath View Post
    yet now she barbecued Ash twice
    Was this supposed to be a pun, by the way?

LOL @ Jessie's Pumpkaboo knowing Frustration. I'd like them to give Inkay Return to signify how kind of a trainer he is compared to Jessie.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

If I'm not mistaken, this was the first time in a long time that Team Rocket used their traditional laugh that goes like "Nya ha ha hey".

I liked this episode very much, but with Fennekin's current character, I can't wait how she'll get along with Froakie, like in XY011.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast