Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokévision of Things to Come! (824)

Lol, why does Dedenne look so shrunken in this episode? Did Bonnie accidentally drop it into a washing machine? Just look at it:

Spoiler:- tiny:

Here in normal size:
        Spoiler:- normal:

Also a supporter of:
    ***** Advanceshipping and Pearlshipping *****
    Banner by me

Quote Originally Posted by Hjörung´s wrath View Post
    Lol, why does Dedenne look so shrunken in this episode? Did Bonnie accidentally drop it into a washing machine? Just look at it:

Spoiler:- tiny:

Here in normal size:
        Spoiler:- normal:
    Clearly, it knows Minimize.

Quote Originally Posted by Seviper009 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, this was the first time in a long time that Team Rocket used their traditional laugh that goes like "Nya ha ha hey".

I liked this episode very much, but with Fennekin's current character, I can't wait how she'll get along with Froakie, like in XY011.
    Is this a RAW thing, because I don't remember them ever laughing like that in the dub

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

It seems that Fennekin learn some new moves. Hopefully that Serena catches some new pokemon.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Hey guys, did Fenniken use Psyshock here??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

It was a fun episode, not great but I enjoyed it a good amount. I gotta say I do enjoy the attention Serena and Fennekin got, they both needed it. The first half of the episode was really fun with seeing the Blonde Brigade interact with one another and all. No Ash, just Clemont, Bonnie and Serena and I enjoyed their dynamic a good bit. Seeing Clemont get so nervous during the filming process with his Bunnelby and Chespin dressed up in those matching clothes to his own was really cute and probably my favorite moment of the whole episode, I'm not kidding. I always really enjoy seeing Clemont and his Pokemon together, plus we got more of Bunnelby's personality. Bunnelby seems to be just as nervous on camera as Clemont compared to the more optimistic Chespin who doesn't really worry about small details. Little personality expansion like that is great and I really like how it's taken one step at a time for a Pokemon like Bunnelby who hasn't shown much personality right off the bat as Chespin.

Seeing Serena cooking, filming, dressed up as a Disney Princess, matching clothes with Fennekin and all was pretty amusing. I was indifferent to TR here, I neither loved nor disliked them. I would have preferred them not to appear here, I just think a more original form of conflict could have tied this episode together in a more interesting and unique way. As amusing and cute as Serena was in this episode, she didn't really get much character development at all. Her Fennekin got over its vain behavior and saved its trainer though which was a great scene.

The thing I didn't not like about Fennekin this episode, there's being a diva and then there's being aggression. Fennekin, up until this point, was never portrayed to be this aggressive. Fennekin showed traits of being vain like being bothered by a scruffy tail in the Pancham episode and there's nothing wrong with being vain, I just felt like they went overboard with that in this episode. Fennekin just stands there while Serena gets violently attacked by Team Rocket's Pokemon because its bothered by muddy water, that just felt like a massive overplay and flanderization of Fennekin's one-trait and main personality trait, its vanity. Fennekin constantly attacking Ash in an attempt to attack Pikachu this episode just overdid it for me too, Fennekin was portrayed to be pretty passive like her trainer up until this point imo.

She certainly didn't try to fight back against the Rockets in the Furfrou episode when in that bag. I like how she ultimately got over herself and barbecued Jessie's Pumpkaboo with that brand-new Flamethrower of hers. So I don't mind a negative personality trait like that when it's touched upon and developed over a bit, so I wouldn't really call this a Serena development episode as much as I would call it a Fennekin one. Fennekin got some CD which makes this episode worth watching imo. I'm a bit disappointed Fennekin and Serena didn't get their first battle here but it's whatever since I enjoyed the episode anyway. Fennekin has always been able to use Psyshock but never used it up until this point? That seems a bit weird but nice that she has another pretty strong move in her arsenal.

A pet peeve of mine, Ash going to train while Serena needed some help with her PokeVision stuff and Ash still sort of stole the show in the end. Seeing the Lemon Siblings on the sideline doing nothing while Ash and Pikachu solely protect her from the Rockets' assault felt weird. Jessie's Pumpkaboo learning Frustration, I hope Inkay learns Return as symbolism. I'm sure this episode will be more interesting when I can fully comprehend it.

Another fire type, another flamthrower user. Sigh. And here was me hoping that they'd be original this season.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Hey guys, did Fenniken use Psyshock here??
    Psyshock or Wil-O-Wisp.
    Because it wasn't Flamethrower or Ember lol.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

I thought this episode was OK, although the fact that the big obstacle for Serena and Fennikin to overcome in this episode was a puddle made the supposed triumph at the end seem a little ridiculous. Froakie used water to clean Fennekin's tail in the bamboo episode so I don't know why it's so freaked out now. Not every fire type is Charmander. I also felt like Fennekin's new moves were pretty undeserved, you could probably count on one hand the amount of times its done any fighting at this point and most of that has been against Team Rocket. I did like how it flared up against Pikachu for messing up its appearance, there's potential for character development if its completely unwilling to be dirty or uncomfortable.

Other than that it was just kind of a goofy episode, Clemont was funny as always and Bunnelby fighting Chespin for screen-time at the end was a nice little meta-joke if that was the intention. Also glad they kept the build-up for the battle against Grant going and snuck a little training in.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Ash's childish behavior here irked me as did Team Rocket's presence overall. I didn't expect Serena to develop here anyway and the only interesting moments for me involved chaotic moments between the cast. And yay @ Fennekin actually doing stuff. I'm glad she learned a new move.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    LOL @ Jessie's Pumpkaboo knowing Frustration. I'd like them to give Inkay Return to signify how kind of a trainer he is compared to Jessie.
    Glad I'm not the only person who thinks this might happen. Speaking of TR's pokemon, I'm glad with the way they're being handled. Sure they're not bursting with personality like the pre-BW sagas but it's still nice. Heck Inkay has given me a few laughs like in the Malamar and Pangoro episodes.

And about how extreme fennekin was in this episode, it's worth noting it hasn't been placed in these kind of situations until today.
    Last edited by diakyu; 27th March 2014 at 11:14 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Ash's childish behavior here irked me as did Team Rocket's presence overall. I didn't expect Serena to develop here anyway and the only interesting moments for me involved chaotic moments between the cast. And yay @ Fennekin actually doing stuff. I'm glad she learned a new move.
    How was him thinking about how to tackle his upcoming match against Grant childish? If anything I say it shows how he has the fortitude to actually plan ahead and not just play it by ear when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    How was him thinking about how to tackle his upcoming match against Grant childish? If anything I say it shows how he has the fortitude to actually plan ahead and not just play it by ear when the time comes.
    Because he has constantly dropped what he's doing to help random strangers with their problems in the past? Why was it such a sacrifice for him to stop training to help a friend?

@Lorde, because he wanted to train for a gym, why does it make him childish? He wants to do his best and work hard, it's not like he was abandoning them. Yes he helped in the past, but people finally get what they wanted from him. But I guess no matter what, nthing pleases anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Nope. If anything, this further reinforces the fact that this region is AG 2.0.

And this is much more of a coincidence since I still vividly remember how pushy Ash was in getting to fight Brawly in his second Gym battle of the region.

Nope. If anything, this further reinforces the fact that this region is AG 2.0.

And this is much more of a coincidence since I still vividly remember how pushy Ash was in getting to fight Brawly in his second Gym battle of the region.
    Having a more train happy Ash should not be instantly associated with copying a complete separate series (as if every series somehow has different character playing Ash), because that's incredibly flimsy logic already. And his match with Brawl is NOWHERE near the level "of pushy" (if you can honestly call it that) that Ash has on display here, he just casually stated that he would like to train for his Gym Match for awhile and no one took an issue with it and the XY companions were able to do their thing just fine, how is Ash the bad guy for doing this?

Because he has constantly dropped what he's doing to help random strangers with their problems in the past? Why was it such a sacrifice for him to stop training to help a friend?
    But Serena was able to handle herself just fine, wasn't it ANOTHER complaint about how her character isnt independent enough? Now when she's able to do that it's and the complaint is that Ash wasnt there to help? Even though Ash dropped training to help her anyway? Which kinda DOES show that he does put his friends first when it really matters?

@Soniman, I watched the episode, and they didn't seem to be hurt by it, or will call him out on it. He still joined in, Ash can put his friends first and training second.

I think people are just trying to find more fault with Ash that they already pilling up, so now they're pulling one out thier butts. Ash is not the best well written character and people should know this, but faulting him for wanting to train for awhile?

The episode of Pokevision proves me that the writers has a problem with Serena.

I don't see Serena wanting to command Fennekin once. We are in episode 21, we are waiting 4 months to get a Serena episode and we received... this. Fennekin does all the work by his own.

Fennekin learning Flamethrower. I don't care too much about game levels but even them recently (not in kanto) they showed that Ember is a lower verison of Flamethrower... why make learn it so early? This is because all the training done even though i don't remember it. Bad lesson to his (boy) friend, Serena.

Serena hasn't got a goal for now... we are expecting it... and I don't see an scene about this subject. They are dropping it already when Serena hasn't got nothing to do.

Also, She doesn't talk much during the second part of the episode. And about her voice, she sound pretty rare in this episode and sometimes she's sound bland.

And Fennekin, I don't stand the personality in this episode. Attacking Pikachu for being dirty? Do you know that pikachu doesn't want to get Pokemon dirty? Apparently not. At least showed personality.

Before I end the rant, I will put the good parts: Serena at least is getting something (not what she needs), Clemont and Bonnie are great in this episode, Team Rocket are good here. And I will give the best Pokevision videos to Team Rocket, who make an original video, and Elle and his acting as a idol. I was a bit surprising seeing Chespin getting in love with that but I don't care fopr the moment.

And to end the rant...

I'm sure that they did this episode because Serena has to get something at this point. But the writers doesn't know what to do with Serena for an unknown reason. It's not normal what is happening to her comapred to Ash, Clemont & Bonnie and Team Rocket. She don't battle, she hasn't a interest on it, she doesn't want to get pokemon, etc.

Serena has to do something before it's too late. The fans aren't the problem, Serena is very popular in Japan because three characteristics that Iris didn't have 1) being the heroine in the games, 2) having a ship between her and the main character, 3) fanservice appeal.

But Serena was able to handle herself just fine, wasn't it ANOTHER complaint about how her character isnt independent enough? Now when she's able to do that it's and the complaint is that Ash wasnt there to help? Even though Ash dropped training to help her anyway? Which kinda DOES show that he does put his friends first when it really matters?
    Nobody expected her to do the PokeVision stuff completely by herself. We knew from the start that Clemont and Bonnie would be involved and yet unlike Ash, they didn't whine excessively when they were asked to help. That shows a difference in maturity level and only makes Ash seem worse by comparison.

[quote]Nobody expected her to do the PokeVision stuff completely by herself. We knew from the start that Clemont and Bonnie would be involved and yet unlike Ash, they didn't whine excessively when they were asked to help. That shows a difference in maturity level and only makes Ash seem worse by comparison.[quote]

Okay...so now im genuinely curious. Where in that episode did Ash EVER do anything resembling "whine excessively", where? He saw Serena in her costume, was asked by her and Clemont (I think) to help out, he agreed to, and that was the end of it. Like.....did I miss something because I feel like that's a huge exaggeration.

Wait, wasn't Serena just asking Ash if he wanted to film his own pokevision? She was not really asking for help at first. Then when both Bonnie and Serena did ask him for help, he mentioned he was training but he accepted anyway. I may be wrong tough.
    -Pokemon logic? How about we talk about the fact that there is a lone ten year old wandering about the country on foot, going head-to-head with a terrorist group, and enslaving extremely powerful animals to fight for him. Worst. Parents. EVER.-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash.mx View Post
    Wait, wasn't Serena just asking Ash if he wanted to film his own pokevision? She was not really asking for help at first. Then when both Bonnie and Serena did ask him for help, he mentioned he was training but he accepted anyway. I may be wrong tough.
    Lol, well most people here can't even understand the Japanese dialogue anyways. I'm just patiently waiting for the subs before I comment, but it looks like an entertaining episode.
    Last edited by XxSymbolxX; 28th March 2014 at 12:16 AM.

I still can't get over the fact that Pumpkaboo knows Frustration. That's hilarious.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    I really don't know what the scriptwriter was thinking when he created this episode.

I thought that since Battle Frontier, we were over this whole ordeal of making Ash seem like a dick who needs to be begged and convinced to give up training for one single day to help out his friends. Guess not.

It's borderline out-of-character, considering Ash regularly drops everything (even during his training phases) to help out random strangers, even with problems that are anything but urgent. Borderline because Ash does have a strange kind of selfishness concerning the way he values the needs of Pokémon (not just his own) VS the needs of his own human friends, but when are they finally going to make an episode to call him out on this and giving him a beating (figuratively ) about it? I seriously don't like how the scriptwriter portrayed this side, which should seriously be considered a flaw, as Ash being diligent and a hard worker that should be admired for his refusal to get ~distracted~. I love Ash, and he should not be written this way.
    I agree to a certain extent. Ash usually helps out when there is a problem at hand or something needs to be handled at that exact moment, which is why he cut off his training in order to take down the Camera Bot. Serena simply wanted Ash to help with the development of the video, and it was made obvious that she didn't actually need him, as in, Ash wasn't the last hope. He realized he needed to train in order to overcome the threatening Rock Tomb from Onix, and that's how Ash has always been. You can't really blame a guy who wants to prepare for an important event instead of wanting to making videos when he's not exactly needed.

-----

As for the episode, in all honesty it's now another one of my top XY episodes. Everything just went together so nicely and it never felt like something was unnecessary or something stupid was done. We got a little bit of everything: Ash attempting to train, Fennekin finally having a personality (Diva one at that), Serena being cute, Clemontic Shenanigans, another TR attack barrage with a character running through it all, and general character interactions. I wasn't expecting anything over the top as far as character development goes but I was incredibly surprised at the Serena and Fennekin scene against Team Rocket. Serena finally realizing that Fennekin was a friend that would go through anything to save her instead of just some pet/accessory, and going through it all in order to save her and Fennekin overcoming her fear of being dirty and running in to save Serena was heart-warming. First time I can honestly say Serena and Fennekin have impressed me with their performance.

But that was just an icing on the cake. The greatest thing about this episode was Bonnie making Clemont's eHarmony video. I guarantee girls will be falling all over Clemont throughout the saga now that they know what he's about. Brock would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    The thing I didn't not like about Fennekin this episode, there's being a diva and then there's being aggression. Fennekin, up until this point, was never portrayed to be this aggressive. Fennekin showed traits of being vain like being bothered by a scruffy tail in the Pancham episode and there's nothing wrong with being vain, I just felt like they went overboard with that in this episode. Fennekin just stands there while Serena gets violently attacked by Team Rocket's Pokemon because its bothered by muddy water, that just felt like a massive overplay and flanderization of Fennekin's one-trait and main personality trait, its vanity. Fennekin constantly attacking Ash in an attempt to attack Pikachu this episode just overdid it for me too, Fennekin was portrayed to be pretty passive like her trainer up until this point imo.

A pet peeve of mine, Ash going to train while Serena needed some help with her PokeVision stuff and Ash still sort of stole the show in the end. Seeing the Lemon Siblings on the sideline doing nothing while Ash and Pikachu solely protect her from the Rockets' assault felt weird. Jessie's Pumpkaboo learning Frustration, I hope Inkay learns Return as symbolism. I'm sure this episode will be more interesting when I can fully comprehend it.
    I think Fennekin was being overly aggressive because she hasn't gotten an episode to herself until this point - they were driving the point home so that we'd understand the revelation at the end. This was, in all honestly, the first real look at Fennekin's personality aside from her little moment in the pancham episode, so it would be difficult to understand why Fennekin wouldn't immediately cross the mud for Serena if we didn't already know she was really vain.

I also think the fear of muddy water was a combination of Fennekin disliking getting dirty and it being a fire-type. It is weak to both water and ground, so it was really a double whammy and it makes more sense when you think of it like that.

It was weird how Clemont just stood there and did nothing to help Serena... granted this episode was full of amourshipping hints, so Ash being the only one to help Serena might be another one (if it was Bonnie or even a character of the day I think Clemont would have stepped in).

Inkay learning return would be hilarious, I hope that happens too. xD

Happy Holidays! (...what do you mean it's too early? D: )
    *I'll be waiting until the 25th for ORAS / SSB4 due to midterms ;______;
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~ ~
    [719/719]
    NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED! - Thanks to all who helped!
    -06/17/2014-

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast