Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokévision of Things to Come! (824)

So Pumpkaboo knows Frustration. Does that mean it hates Team Rocket?

As for the episode, it was great to see Serena getting her screen time along with Fennekin. Hell Fennekin made me enjoy this episode when it got pissed off at being dirty along with its whole diva personality. Team Rocket didn't need to be here imo but eh, it doesn't knock much points off. Overall l liked it and we got to see Fennekin use Flamethrower and Psyshock(?) too which was a cool bonus.

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

All these complains against Ash is a little ridiculous. I was happy to not see him around, and if anything he did help with the cooking scene. Maybe it was PLANNED to help them later after training his pokemon a bit. I wish Ash told Froakie to use Water pulse instead of seeing Pikachu use electro ball against the machine.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

yup it was flamethrower but what's with the blue falme when fennekin use to break the glass , was that fire spin?

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    yup it was flamethrower but what's with the blue falme when fennekin use to break the glass , was that fire spin?
    It was far from being Fire Spin. I'm putting my money on something like Psyshock, Will-O-Wisp or Hidden Power.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    It was far from being Fire Spin. I'm putting my money on something like Psyshock, Will-O-Wisp or Hidden Power.
    It better not be Hidden Power. That move was so overdone possibly because it was spherical and easy to animate.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 28th March 2014 at 1:00 AM.

What attack are you guys talking about? This one?:

I didn't think it was a flame or whatever some people have come up with. I thought it was just Hidden Power.
    Last edited by nuzamaki90; 28th March 2014 at 12:57 AM.

yup that was what i'm talking about , looks like hidden power to me.

While I have to be honest and say that this wasn’t as good an episode as the last five or so, I admit I was wrong about it. It was a lot better than I ever expected it to be.

I was pleasantly surprised by how well Serena was handled. They did a good job here of tying up seemingly random bits that didn’t work well on their own, such as the Vespiquen scene from XY003 (or was it XY004?) and by implication how she didn’t want Meowth to scratch her face in the Malamar episode. Not only that, while I’m still not exactly a Serena fan yet this episode made a lot of progress. She’s definitely a nice enough character, and by finally getting some actual attention in the story, she got a chance to show that. I hope she doesn’t fade away into the background again, because when she gets focus she’s a lot more likable, as this episode showed. Even the AmourShipping was handled relatively well; it wasn’t awkwardly forced in like it was in the early episodes and it wasn’t falsely advertised as the focus of the episode as it had been with the Sylveon episode. Definite improvements.

As for the rest of the episode, Pokevision was a nice little diversion, but I don’t think I want to see another episode about it. The episode kind of ran out of steam halfway through, and by the time Team Rocket showed up, they were plainly being used as filler. Jessie’s video was both well-made and funny, but their role in this episode just feels so tacked on and unnecessary. At least things did pick up again at the end, though, and Serena got some great development out of them. Maybe next time she’ll get to blast them off too, but one step at a time, I guess.

I’d be leaving out one of the best things of the episode if I didn’t mention how utterly hilarious Clemont and Bonnie were today. That video at the end was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    What attack are you guys talking about? This one?:

I didn't think it was a flame or whatever some people have come up with. I thought it was just Hidden Power.
    People are saying it's Psyshock.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I would personally go with Psyshock for that attack. I find it very unlikely to be Hidden Power and it didn't appear to have any form of flame to it whatsoever, ruling out Will-o-wisp..

Pumpkaboo knows Frustration, I love this..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    All these complains against Ash is a little ridiculous. I was happy to not see him around, and if anything he did help with the cooking scene. Maybe it was PLANNED to help them later after training his pokemon a bit. I wish Ash told Froakie to use Water pulse instead of seeing Pikachu use electro ball against the machine.
    The cooking scene was the most redundant part of the episode though in my opinion; it was mostly used to show Fennekin's angry side and for comedic relief purposes, so it's not like Ash helped out with the most integral part of the episode. :x

Also, eww @ the writers trying to turn Chespin into Oshagod. They ain't slick.

Serena and Fennekin share pretty much similarity in personality. The way she didn’t want Meowth to scratch her face and how she disliked being dirty after Rhyhorn race was pretty similar to Fennekin's dislike of being dirty. I love it. Both her and the pokemon has the same trait. And Fennekin has some powerful move. I want to see more of them.

This is going to sound really crazy, & even I don't completely believe this myself, but if you pause the episode right at the beginning of Elle's PR video, I think you can see something on the bottom of her shirt that looks like the Team Flare insignia, though this could just be the ruffles from her skirt. The only reason why I'm bringing this up is because I remember in the games how Team Flare and Lysandre himself tries to require young trainers and celebrities, so if Elle ever appears instead she could be someone trying to get Ash and the others to join Team Flare
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 28th March 2014 at 1:34 AM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    This is going to sound really crazy, & even I don't completely believe this myself, but if you pause the episode right at the beginning of Elle's PR video, I think you can see something on the bottom of her shirt that looks like the Team Flare insignia, though this could just be the ruffles from her skirt. The only reason why I'm bringing this up is because I remember in the games how Team Flare and Lysandre himself tries to require young trainers and celebrities, so if Elle ever appears instead she could be someone trying to get Ash and the others to join Team Flare
    now i'm wondering if elle might be introduced as member of team flare, it does look like however its been shown in half so it's not quite clear.
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 28th March 2014 at 1:47 AM.

Now we know where Braixen's stick comes from. It's stuck up Fennekin. The fox attacking Ash twice was a bit over the top. But at least it got development despite not liking how it was done. I'm still not overly thrilled with Serena, but (another), at least she's not going to do Pokevision.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

@Nymphia I was sure you were gonna use your theory of Serena's voice actor being the problem again :/ As much as I want serena to develop, me complaining won't do a thing to affect the writers decision making.

Anyways, it was still a fun episode. I'll wait for subs to comment more, but it was enjoyable. I mean, it was the first Serena episode in a while, and I feel like she finally got that on-screen dramatic connection with fennekin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    at least she's not going to do Pokevision.
    yeah at this rate is understood that it is only good for one-time.

I felt this episode could have been a lot of better, but it came quite short. Quite mediocre especially when compared to Clemont's focus episodes. In fact, I found it telling when Clemont comes across just as memorable in that episode as Serena.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    I felt this episode could have been a lot of better
    especially the video i wish it was a little bit longer, just wasted another chance of showing serena's appeal - wish i can see her dress in that kind of outfit( that princess outfit i think) for a little longer but oh well...

So the new move really has to be Psyshock as Will O Wisp is Blue and Purple while this new move was almost grey in color.

Also, Fennekin hates to get dirty guys, that's why she got so pissed at Ash(or actually Pikachu who just dodged the moves).
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

So I finally got to watch some of the episode, and I wanted to see this scene about ash people were having a fuss over....

And it was nothing like how people were making it on here, from the looks of the conversation, they were talking about being in pokevision, as in participating and making their own videos. bonnie mentioned her and dedenne, then mentioned clemont making one, and then it seemed like serena asked ash if he wanted to participate as well, a.k.a make a video, and THAT'S what he declined, making a video, not helping serena with hers. That I understand.
    Friends are family you choose

At this rate fennekin is gonna evolve without having a single legit battle. (TR doesn't count) I mean 2 moves in one episode despite never being used onscreen for more than 30 seconds at a time? Oh writers you never fail to impress with the blatant AG copying.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    At this rate fennekin is gonna evolve without having a single legit battle. (TR doesn't count) I mean 2 moves in one episode despite never being used onscreen for more than 30 seconds at a time? Oh writers you never fail to impress with the blatant AG copying.
    it may happen after the movie, sticks to the present for now.

So I finally got to watch some of the episode, and I wanted to see this scene about ash people were having a fuss over....

And it was nothing like how people were making it on here, from the looks of the conversation, they were talking about being in pokevision, as in participating and making their own videos. bonnie mentioned her and dedenne, then mentioned clemont making one, and then it seemed like serena asked ash if he wanted to participate as well, a.k.a make a video, and THAT'S what he declined, making a video, not helping serena with hers. That I understand.
    Oh so they never asked for his help at all? That's hilarious and pretty much invalidates the complaints pretty much if it's true, unless we find a reason to fault Ash because he wasnt into Trainer PR

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    I get what your saying but I have this gut feeling there never going to evolve Fennekin cause in there mind it would not be as cute and marketable if it were to evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Oh so they never asked for his help at all? That's hilarious and pretty much invalidates the complaints pretty much if it's true, unless we find a reason to fault Ash because he wasnt into Trainer PR
    yeah that's what it seemed like, because right after, they went to the scene of clemont trying out a video, not serena, showing that she wasn't the only one doing it. And when bonnie asked clemont about participating, he looked embarrassed, that's why i think it was just them talking about making a video.

This is basically like how ash didn't see contests as interesting so didn't participate (except that one time he did). He's just not interested in pr videos and would rather train than make one, that's all.

And i just finished the episode and i didn't see anything wrong with how fennekin was handled here.

First, they set up fennekin getting angry at pikachu dirtying it so many times to drive the point that fennekin hates being dirty, so when that mud scene at the end would make sense.

And the moment between serena and fennekin was fine as well, it was focusing on how fennekin was there to protect serena, and she wanted to show that she could go for fennekin as well, which made fennekin want to return the favor and protect serena and not care anymore (or as much) about getting dirty because fennekin saw serena (the one who chose hypnotism over her face scratched) didn't care.

Fennekin using flamethrower on it's own kinda was the weak point, because i would rather serena command it for once, but I feel like we'll get to that point soon, hopefully with the rival episode.

But all and all this wasn't a bad episode. At least not as bad as people made it out to be.

EDIT

And i liked the little bit at the end, just some fun stuff they wanted to add just because. It was nice seeing bunnelby and chespin interacting together. (And bunnelby's clapping with it's ears was a nice detail)
    Last edited by Supersonicbro; 28th March 2014 at 3:17 AM.
    Friends are family you choose

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast