Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokévision of Things to Come! (824)

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    So I finally got to watch some of the episode, and I wanted to see this scene about ash people were having a fuss over....

And it was nothing like how people were making it on here, from the looks of the conversation, they were talking about being in pokevision, as in participating and making their own videos. bonnie mentioned her and dedenne, then mentioned clemont making one, and then it seemed like serena asked ash if he wanted to participate as well, a.k.a make a video, and THAT'S what he declined, making a video, not helping serena with hers. That I understand.
    Yeah I already watched with subs, the complains over here against Ash were over the top imo, the guy can't catch a break it seems. -___-

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Yeah I already watched with subs, the complains over here against Ash were over the top imo, the guy can't catch a break it seems. -___-
    yeah people complain about him screen hogging and he LITERALLY GIVES THEM TIME TO SHINE and people make him seem like a horrible person for it.
    Pokemon XY: Episode 15 is my favorite Pokemon episode OF ALL TIME (And Clemont my favorite character)

It looked like to me the only 2 reason Serena tried this was to impress Ash and to kinda bound with her Pokémon and while the 2nd one is a perfect reason to do it. They really need to do more with her then just use her likeness (and yes I call it that and not a crush case it still not 100% if she has one) to Ash to move her character around.

it ain't gonna stop, even if they didn't directly ask him to help with the pokevision stuff, people will assume that he should've done so willingly anyway

Whoa, it seems like some people here really hates Ash. C'mon, he just wanted to train instead of making a Pokévision video of himself. It's not like they asked him for help and he declined, so what's the big deal? Besides, he did help them out later in the episode. Some people are making him out to be a big self-centered character, when he wasn't THAT self-centered in this episode.

I agree with you. I watched the episode too, and Ash didn't seem that bad in the episode. I guess some people just need something to complain about. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I realized that Serena's mini skirt may be just as magical as Dawn's was. Mini skirts are powerful in this anime.
    What? You gotta be kidding me...
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 29th March 2014 at 7:35 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

the reason why some of us didn't like ash it's because he cared more of his upcoming gym battles with grant rather than letting serena shoot him a video, well that's ash for you always rushing things whenever he want to.

Watched the episode, let's begin:
    - The PokéVision thing was a one-time thing ... gladly
    - Ahhh double standards, people wanted May's head in "Once In A Mawile" for prefering to eat when Ash asked her for help training his Torkoal, now Ash turns Serena down when she asked for help and he's a saint, it looks like Serena needs to be a passerby trainer with a simple problem like looking for some stupid honey to get his attention, I seriously hope one day Serena/Clemont/Bonnie decides for whatever reason not to watch at least ONE of Ash's Gym Battles and/or League Battles to see the witch hunt, it's unbelievable how Clemont even made a robot to help Serena with her video but Ash just dumped her
    - Bonnie wanted to make a video with Dedenne, but Clemont reminded her that Dedenne is not hers ... I hope this leads to Dedenne vs. Pikachu in Lumiose Gym Battle
    - Now I have second thoughts about Ash not hogging the spotlight being there, the Two & a Half Blondes are really enjoyable and their interactions were awesome, way better than the Dawn/Brock awkward fiasco, they really showed how unnecessary Ash has become to the anime
    - Fennekin has always been weirdly animated in the series, but now it looked really cute, and her personality is really really appealing, something new for a main character, if I remember correctly
    - Useless Team Rocket being useless, I still remember how people naively thought they would be competent this season just because Wobbufet was adequately used like ... twice, now they went back to the crappy disguises, Jessie's crazy personality and their Pokémon being used as fodder, but OK, it looks like people likes that kind of "development"
    - I'm kinda glad Serena didn't had her first battle here, Team Rocket is not worthy
    - Serena's parts were great, but the fact that this episode included everybody in side stories stressed me a lot compared with Clemont centric episodes:
    - XY009 Featured Clemont & friends with him regaining control of Lumiose Gym and reparing Citroid
    - XY010 Featured Clemont & Chespin saving the girls from Team Rocket with MegaBlazikenMon's special appeareance
    - XY016 Featured Clemont & Chespin bonding and helping it to lose weight
    - XY021 Featured Serena & Fennekin doing a PokéVision video, Ash starting to train for Cyllage Gym, Bonnie making a dating video about Clemont and Jessie's one-time thing "development" dressed like an expensive ***** why Clemont's spotlight is exclusive, but Serena's spotlight is shared?, even Bonnie had her own spotlight when Dedenne got lost (¬_¬), seeing Clemont/Bonnie's film at the end of the episode was unnecesary and it felt like it took even more of Serena's diminished spotlight
    - One thing I don't like about Serena is her stupid crush on Ash, she needs to stop doing things just to get Ash's attention, is not worth it, we all know she will leave at the end of the season when Ash loses Kalos League, goes home to dump his Kalos party and goes to lose the next league to make new friends to dump whenever they need his help, I hope Iris's cameo includes bonding with Serena and help her to get over Baron Ash

Definitely, the Two & A Half Blodes part made me realize even more how awesome the show would be if they would be brave enough to get rid of the dead weight a.k.a. the Chosen One and Team Plot Device and focus on characters that actually has room for REAL development
    Last edited by Squirtle_007; 28th March 2014 at 9:18 AM.

oh i almost forgot what's with the bloopers, i really laugh hard at it - eureka voicing citron ( now he looks like a child instead of the smart boy)

I noticed Fennekin has a side Serena doesn't know about.It's a very competent battler and has more attacks that Serena doesn't know about.She doesn't know about Psyshock,and now it learned Flamethrower,just like that.I think it's a sign that Fennekin needs to battle...competitively.

I don't get the fuss about Ash not helping immediately, why would make him that selfish at all?

I don't hear people complain about how Fennekin blasted Ash when he saved them from the robot, if what Ash did was considered as selfish, then what Serena and Fennekin did would definatly apply as selfish as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I noticed Fennekin has a side Serena doesn't know about.It's a very competent battler and has more attacks that Serena doesn't know about.She doesn't know about Psyshock,and now it learned Flamethrower,just like that.I think it's a sign that Fennekin needs to battle...competitively.
    I think Fennekin has untapped potential that Serena hasn't fulfilled yet, but I don't see how that's a sign that she should battle competitively. That would be a huge leap for her and Serena in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    probably no wonder why it just attack with a psyshock all of a sudden, i guess that is a sign that fennekin might learn psychic attacks in the future since it's final stage is a psychic type.

Let's check the episode scene by scene. In gereen scene that I like, in yelow scenes that are indifferent and in red scenes that worry me.

The presentation of Top Pokevision: Fine, I never expect three more Pokevision video, and I like them, specially the one of Elle. I'm different on Chespin love reactions but I dislike Fennekin being angry to the video.

Ash has to leave because it's training for the Gym battle. To show this, a scene of flashback from the earlier episode happens. What you are doing?

Serena is filming with Bonnie a video of Clemont posing, while Clemont didn't like.

Clemont creates his own machine to do the camera but as usual it doesn't work well

Ash sees the trouble, interrupts the training and Pikachu uses Electro Ball, Serena and Fennekin get dirty, Serena gets angry to Ash, and Fennekin uses Ember to Ash. But even Serena don't care about it. What?

Video of Serena in a Fennekin costume. Fanservice, huh?

Now Serena as the cooker. By mistakes Pikachu fall the harine down. And Fennekin gets dirty and attacks Pikachu again! And this goes to Ash again. What?

Serena is doing the video fo the princess TR is watching.

Team Rocket as disguises are making another Pokevision video. Honestly, it was very original and fitting for them and I like the passion of Jessie on it.

Team Rocket stole the pokemon and Ash, as usual, sends his Fletchling to go after Team Rocket.

We saw the pokemon going free thanks to an unknown attack from Fennekin (because Serena didn't command it at all in this episode. And while Pikachu and Dedenne go out Fennekin can't walk because it was dirty. Until Serena heps Fennekin, we saw a lot of flashbacks and Fennekin finally walks the puddle.

Fenenkin is now with Serena and learns Flamethrower by his own. Normal scene if not because Serena never commanded Fennekin to do Ember or any other attack before

And finally we saw the video which I find average.

And finally the Clemont and Bonnie scene which was so cute.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Well,it's strange.Fennekin would be a good battler but Serena has done everything except battle.She's really avoiding that aspect,she didn't command any attack,Fennekin just did them by herself.

I think,eventually,she'll learn how to battle and she'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seviper009 View Post
    I don't get the fuss about Ash not helping immediately, why would make him that selfish at all?
    !
    This is even considering the fact that the entire fuss over the minute thing was probably misconstrued as it seems Serena wasn't even ASKING for help in the first place, just asking if Ash wanted to make his OWN PR video.

they really showed how unnecessary Ash has become to the anime
    Speak for yourself, the Ash/Clemont bromance is probably my favorite dynamic so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Speak for yourself, the Ash/Clemont bromance is probably my favorite dynamic so far.
    Yeah,it's nice to see they're actually good friends.It helps that they're of similar age.

Seeing the episode again, this marks a growth in Serena's character or a new perception towards it in conjunction with that of her Fennekin. Perception here is that Serena can do stuff without the need to impress Ash, as shown when she carried on with her video without him, and two is that Serena truly are friends with Clemont and Bonnie and not just think they're just those two blondies that hang around Ash. I've no problem with Ash going to training, it just shows he's not a goddamn retard this time and actually consider gym leaders a bloody threat. "But muh selfishness" Pfft, yeah right, Ash even took the time out of his day to help Serena and Fennekin in spite of the latter's constant abuse of his face.

Obvious development here is Serena's bond with Fennekin and Fennekin herself stopping being so vain just in time to save her trainer.

Other than the points I've mentioned before in my previous post regarding angles, this episode had me in stitches, especially the end with the Clemont video bloopers and all.
    Last edited by DaDonYordel; 28th March 2014 at 3:36 PM.

Satoshi-kun…〜

I found this episode kinda funny tbh, I enjoyed the episode for the interactions of the characters.

What I do like about this episode though is that we see some more of Fennekin's personality revealed, I mean, it did get the shaft for most of the previous episodes, so I like that we see more of it. Especially given that we mostly saw Chespin and Froakie see the limelight in the past episodes.

Chespin getting infatuated with the Elle's Fennekin PR vid early in the episode was kinda odd, the new Oshawott I see?

Also will Team Rocket ever give up lol. On another note, Jessie was way too flamboyant in this episode.

Either way though, I like that Serena gets a little bit more attention. This episode was also funny to watch in general as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ScraftyIsTheBest View Post

Chespin getting infatuated with the Elle's Fennekin PR vid early in the episode was kinda odd, the new Oshawott I see?
    seems like it not to mention fennekin snapped chespin's attraction from elle's fennekin - you can say fennekin is jealous o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    The cooking scene was the most redundant part of the episode though in my opinion; it was mostly used to show Fennekin's angry side and for comedic relief purposes, so it's not like Ash helped out with the most integral part of the episode. :x

Also, eww @ the writers trying to turn Chespin into Oshagod. They ain't slick.
    Lol I saw right through that too ! (in regards to Oshagod)

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I was actually pleasantly surprised with the episode. The lack of Ash in the first half was truly a gift because we got to experience how the gang interacts without the lead character, and it was very entertaining.

About Fennekin's personality, I LOVED IT. She's a shallow *****! That's brilliant. I'm not sure if we've ever had a Pokemon like that. She shouldn't have waited to defend Serena, but at least she got over her limitations and managed to be a good friend to her trainer. I love the Serenna and Fennekin pairing because they truly feel like sisters. It's quite amusing to watch.

Mu only complaint is that Serena didn't battle. It's ****ing time! Make it happen already!

Seems that fennekin is a female right? Oh joy, more gender stereotypes. First snivy now this. Those animators really need to stop judging everything over looks. Nothing wrong with a male braixen or delphox.
    Well it's not an issue, because that fennekin probably won't ever evolve. Serena is totally neglecting it, blocking it potential, in a point to even know some move she doesn't.
    I'm crossing my fingers to be psyshock. Please no hidden power. Not that again.
    Serena gives priority to her dumb crush over Ash (pfff that's basically official, there's no denial on that) than basically thinking for her own pokemon and even some sort of goal. Is she gonna be the fanservice of this show only? Cuz too many series got low on that and seriously is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseLynx View Post
    Seems that fennekin is a female right? Oh joy, more gender stereotypes. First snivy now this. Those animators really need to stop judging everything over looks. Nothing wrong with a male braixen or delphox.
    Well it's not an issue, because that fennekin probably won't ever evolve. Serena is totally neglecting it, blocking it potential, in a point to even know some move she doesn't.
    Serena gives priority to her dumb crush over Ash (pfff that's basically official, there's no denial on that) than basically thinking for her own pokemon and even some sort of goal. Is she gonna be the fanservice of this show only? Cuz too many series got low on that and seriously is not fun.
    I just wish there were a really ballsy girl.Stronger than Ash,motivated to win,to train and everything.I hate when I see girly girls.It's nothing wrong with liking pretty things,but stop being so passive>.>

You clearly didn't watch the episode if this is what you got. There was barely any fanservicing, Ash's wasn't part of the plot for half the episode and Serena barely payed attention to him until the very end of the episode.

I recommend you watch this before you comment again.

Hey now wait a minute don't diss the Snivy. She was one of the few things done right in BW. All Hail to the queen.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast