It looked like to me the only 2 reason Serena tried this was to impress Ash and to kinda bound with her Pokémon and while the 2nd one is a perfect reason to do it. They really need to do more with her then just use her likeness (and yes I call it that and not a crush case it still not 100% if she has one) to Ash to move her character around.
Whoa, it seems like some people here really hates Ash. C'mon, he just wanted to train instead of making a Pokévision video of himself. It's not like they asked him for help and he declined, so what's the big deal? Besides, he did help them out later in the episode. Some people are making him out to be a big self-centered character, when he wasn't THAT self-centered in this episode.
Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 29th March 2014 at 7:35 AM.
the reason why some of us didn't like ash it's because he cared more of his upcoming gym battles with grant rather than letting serena shoot him a video, well that's ash for you always rushing things whenever he want to.
Watched the episode, let's begin:
- The PokéVision thing was a one-time thing ... gladly
- Ahhh double standards, people wanted May's head in "Once In A Mawile" for prefering to eat when Ash asked her for help training his Torkoal, now Ash turns Serena down when she asked for help and he's a saint, it looks like Serena needs to be a passerby trainer with a simple problem like looking for some stupid honey to get his attention, I seriously hope one day Serena/Clemont/Bonnie decides for whatever reason not to watch at least ONE of Ash's Gym Battles and/or League Battles to see the witch hunt, it's unbelievable how Clemont even made a robot to help Serena with her video but Ash just dumped her
- Bonnie wanted to make a video with Dedenne, but Clemont reminded her that Dedenne is not hers ... I hope this leads to Dedenne vs. Pikachu in Lumiose Gym Battle
- Now I have second thoughts about Ash not
hogging the spotlightbeing there, the Two & a Half Blondes are really enjoyable and their interactions were awesome, way better than the Dawn/Brock awkward fiasco, they really showed how unnecessary Ash has become to the anime
- Fennekin has always been weirdly animated in the series, but now it looked really cute, and her personality is really really appealing, something new for a main character, if I remember correctly
- Useless Team Rocket being useless, I still remember how people
naivelythought they would be competent this season just because Wobbufet was adequately used like ... twice, now they went back to the crappy disguises, Jessie's crazy personality and their Pokémon being used as fodder, but OK, it looks like people likes that kind of "development"
- I'm kinda glad Serena didn't had her first battle here, Team Rocket is not worthy
- Serena's parts were great, but the fact that this episode included everybody in side stories stressed me a lot compared with Clemont centric episodes:
- XY009 Featured Clemont & friends with him regaining control of Lumiose Gym and reparing Citroid
- XY010 Featured Clemont & Chespin saving the girls from Team Rocket with MegaBlazikenMon's special appeareance
- XY016 Featured Clemont & Chespin bonding and helping it to lose weight
- XY021 Featured Serena & Fennekin doing a PokéVision video, Ash starting to train for Cyllage Gym, Bonnie making a dating video about Clemont and Jessie's one-time thing "development" dressed like an expensive ***** why Clemont's spotlight is exclusive, but Serena's spotlight is shared?, even Bonnie had her own spotlight when Dedenne got lost (¬_¬), seeing Clemont/Bonnie's film at the end of the episode was unnecesary and it felt like it took even more of Serena's
- One thing I don't like about Serena is her stupid crush on Ash, she needs to stop doing things just to get Ash's attention, is not worth it, we all know she will leave at the end of the season when Ash loses Kalos League, goes home to dump his Kalos party and goes to lose the next league to make new friends to dump whenever they need his help, I hope Iris's cameo includes bonding with Serena and help her to get over Baron Ash
Definitely, the Two & A Half Blodes part made me realize
even morehow awesome the show would be if they would be brave enough to get rid of the dead weight a.k.a. the Chosen One and Team Plot Deviceand focus on characters that actually has room for REAL development
Last edited by Squirtle_007; 28th March 2014 at 9:18 AM.
oh i almost forgot what's with the bloopers, i really laugh hard at it - eureka voicing citron ( now he looks like a child instead of the smart boy)
I noticed Fennekin has a side Serena doesn't know about.It's a very competent battler and has more attacks that Serena doesn't know about.She doesn't know about Psyshock,and now it learned Flamethrower,just like that.I think it's a sign that Fennekin needs to battle...competitively.
I don't get the fuss about Ash not helping immediately, why would make him that selfish at all?
I don't hear people complain about how Fennekin blasted Ash when he saved them from the robot, if what Ash did was considered as selfish, then what Serena and Fennekin did would definatly apply as selfish as well!
Let's check the episode scene by scene. In gereen scene that I like, in yelow scenes that are indifferent and in red scenes that worry me.
The presentation of Top Pokevision: Fine, I never expect three more Pokevision video, and I like them, specially the one of Elle. I'm different on Chespin love reactions but I dislike Fennekin being angry to the video.
Ash has to leave because it's training for the Gym battle. To show this, a scene of flashback from the earlier episode happens. What you are doing?
Serena is filming with Bonnie a video of Clemont posing, while Clemont didn't like.
Clemont creates his own machine to do the camera but as usual it doesn't work well
Ash sees the trouble, interrupts the training and Pikachu uses Electro Ball, Serena and Fennekin get dirty, Serena gets angry to Ash, and Fennekin uses Ember to Ash. But even Serena don't care about it. What?
Video of Serena in a Fennekin costume. Fanservice, huh?
Now Serena as the cooker. By mistakes Pikachu fall the harine down. And Fennekin gets dirty and attacks Pikachu again! And this goes to Ash again. What?
Serena is doing the video fo the princess TR is watching.
Team Rocket as disguises are making another Pokevision video. Honestly, it was very original and fitting for them and I like the passion of Jessie on it.
Team Rocket stole the pokemon and Ash, as usual, sends his Fletchling to go after Team Rocket.
We saw the pokemon going free thanks to an unknown attack from Fennekin (because Serena didn't command it at all in this episode. And while Pikachu and Dedenne go out Fennekin can't walk because it was dirty. Until Serena heps Fennekin, we saw a lot of flashbacks and Fennekin finally walks the puddle.
Fenenkin is now with Serena and learns Flamethrower by his own. Normal scene if not because Serena never commanded Fennekin to do Ember or any other attack before
And finally we saw the video which I find average.
And finally the Clemont and Bonnie scene which was so cute.
Well,it's strange.Fennekin would be a good battler but Serena has done everything except battle.She's really avoiding that aspect,she didn't command any attack,Fennekin just did them by herself.
I think,eventually,she'll learn how to battle and she'll love it.
Speak for yourself, the Ash/Clemont bromance is probably my favorite dynamic so far.they really showed how unnecessary Ash has become to the anime
Seeing the episode again, this marks a growth in Serena's character or a new perception towards it in conjunction with that of her Fennekin. Perception here is that Serena can do stuff without the need to impress Ash, as shown when she carried on with her video without him, and two is that Serena truly are friends with Clemont and Bonnie and not just think they're just those two blondies that hang around Ash. I've no problem with Ash going to training, it just shows he's not a goddamn retard this time and actually consider gym leaders a bloody threat. "But muh selfishness" Pfft, yeah right, Ash even took the time out of his day to help Serena and Fennekin in spite of the latter's constant abuse of his face.
Obvious development here is Serena's bond with Fennekin and Fennekin herself stopping being so vain just in time to save her trainer.
Other than the points I've mentioned before in my previous post regarding angles, this episode had me in stitches, especially the end with the Clemont video bloopers and all.
Last edited by DaDonYordel; 28th March 2014 at 3:36 PM.
I found this episode kinda funny tbh, I enjoyed the episode for the interactions of the characters.
What I do like about this episode though is that we see some more of Fennekin's personality revealed, I mean, it did get the shaft for most of the previous episodes, so I like that we see more of it. Especially given that we mostly saw Chespin and Froakie see the limelight in the past episodes.
Chespin getting infatuated with the Elle's Fennekin PR vid early in the episode was kinda odd, the new Oshawott I see?
Also will Team Rocket ever give up lol. On another note, Jessie was way too flamboyant in this episode.
Either way though, I like that Serena gets a little bit more attention. This episode was also funny to watch in general as well.
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
I was actually pleasantly surprised with the episode. The lack of Ash in the first half was truly a gift because we got to experience how the gang interacts without the lead character, and it was very entertaining.
About Fennekin's personality, I LOVED IT. She's a shallow *****! That's brilliant. I'm not sure if we've ever had a Pokemon like that. She shouldn't have waited to defend Serena, but at least she got over her limitations and managed to be a good friend to her trainer. I love the Serenna and Fennekin pairing because they truly feel like sisters. It's quite amusing to watch.
Mu only complaint is that Serena didn't battle. It's ****ing time! Make it happen already!
Seems that fennekin is a female right? Oh joy, more gender stereotypes. First snivy now this. Those animators really need to stop judging everything over looks. Nothing wrong with a male braixen or delphox.
Well it's not an issue, because that fennekin probably won't ever evolve. Serena is totally neglecting it, blocking it potential, in a point to even know some move she doesn't.
I'm crossing my fingers to be psyshock. Please no hidden power. Not that again.
Serena gives priority to her dumb crush over Ash (pfff that's basically official, there's no denial on that) than basically thinking for her own pokemon and even some sort of goal. Is she gonna be the fanservice of this show only? Cuz too many series got low on that and seriously is not fun.
I recommend you watch this before you comment again.