View Poll Results: Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, change to "4 or more" (challengers can't bring 4 or more counters)

15 75.00%
  • No, leave at "more than 4" (challengers can't bring 5-6 counters, but they can bring 4)

5 25.00%
Page 1 of 234 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trinity League

Default The Trinity League

General Rules
    1) Follow all main SPPf rules.
    2) Do NOT flame, spam, troll, or advertise for non-thread related topics.
    3) Respect & be polite to every member and challenger of this League; never insult anyone in any way (give the benefit of the doubt!).
    4) If there is a conflict, let the thread leaders be aware of it, and keep the League at peace.
    5) Hacking (Pokesav, Pokegen, illegal traits through AR, etc. etc.) is neither allowed nor supported. Please do not undermine the work and dedication our members put into EV training/IV breeding/inputting numerous game hours to form their team.
    6) SPPf battling Standard Rules & Smogon tiers are followed in this League, although Challengers & Gym Leaders may use only up to 2 non-Uber legendaries; the E3 are permitted up to 3 . (Helpful resource: "Smogon's X & Y Viability Ranking")
    7) Gym & E3 challenges are only carried out through 6th Gen Wifi battles, while the Battle Frontier offers a niche for Pokémon Showdown trainers with Wifi only as a voluntary addition.
    8) Never cut the Wifi to end a battle! You may be banned if League members have identified you of doing so on purpose! If you frequently have connectivity issues, mention it before the battle.
    9) Both Challengers and Leaders should post League battle results into this thread.
    10) Where appropriate, update posts with further battle results! (rather than multi-posting)
    11) Ask overcome Gym Leaders/E3 members first out of courtesy before posting their badges into your signature. The same applies for Frontier Brains and their symbols.
    12) To challenge a Leader, please contact Leaders only through PM/VM.
    13) Have fun!! : )

Challenger Rules
        Spoiler:- Important Rules for CHALLENGERS:

Leader Rules
        Spoiler:- Important Rules for LEADERS:

Frontier Rules
        Spoiler:- Important Rules for FRONTIER Battle Trainers & Brains:

Questions? Please check out our FAQ below, or ask any of our Thread Overseers:
    Cryůel, Mr.Y, Sito, ColtonL, TheShoveler1887, SilverLanayru, Marashu, DJSummers, xDIRCIOx, theamazinhazen

Spoiler:- Trinity League Gym Leader Triads:

Spoiler:- Trinity League E3 Triad:

Battle Frontier
        Spoiler:- Trinity League Frontier Brains:

Challenger Application Form
    If you wish to challenge the Trinity League, please copy the form below, fill out everything with your information, and post it directly into the thread. One of the thread overseers will then accept it.
    HTML Code:
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/E6zacU8.png[/img]
    Challenger Application
    [b]Username/Nickname[/b]:
    [b]Challenge motivation[/b]:
    [b]Favourite Pokémon & favourite type[/b]: 

Leader Application Forms (Gym/E3/Frontier Brain/Apprentice)
        Spoiler:- Gym Leader Application Form:

Spoiler:- E3 Application Form:

Spoiler:- Frontier Brain Application Form:

Spoiler:- Apprentice Application Form:

Battle Result Form
    It is highly encouraged by both Leaders & Challengers (and Brains & Trainers) to post these after every battle. (Edit posts, when possible!) Remember, ratings should always be constructive and provide opportunities for growth.
    HTML Code:
    Challenger's name: 
    Leader Type & Owner:
    Team used against Triad/Facility:
    Challenger Result:
    Rate your performance: x/10
    Rate opponent's performance: x/10
    Comments about the match:

Credits (support & artist approved art):
    Thanks to serebiimods for approving our League!
    League OP & Leader Banners by Daedric Design's Sworn Metalhead
    Gym Leader/E3/Challenger Userbars, Application Banners, & Support Buttons by The Under's Astral Shadow
    League Badges sponsored by DA's Kida-Ookami (a.k.a. Northern Lights)
    Frontier Symbols & Artwork by Daedric Design's Sworn Metalhead
    League Badge Cases by MasterGohan
    League Weekly Raffle Banner by Enchanted Hollow Graphics' FairyWitch
    DA image approval (drumthrasher4hr; MichaelFaber)

A special thank you to:
    Mr.Y, for strategic input in planning & conceptualising the League
    TheShoveler1887, for being our amazing Raffle Overseer
    Katelia, for the aesthetic hub that is our Chatroom
    Our Thread Overseers who ensure our League is a welcoming, mature, and friendly space
    The entire Trinity League Leader Community
    You - our Challengers!!

Support Buttons
    Whether you're a Challenger or a Leader, absolutely anyone is welcome to support our League using any, or all, of our Buttons in their signature. Feel free to use them in your signature and please remember to give credit to AstralShadow for them.
    @Challengers: Please click on the blue Challenger Userbar Support Button to actually choose a custom made Userbar, free for you to use!
    HTML Code:
    [URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?629099-The-Trinity-League&p=17072949#post17072949"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ak3dT0u.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?629099-The-Trinity-League&p=17072951#post17072951"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QGGeyX8.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    [URL="http://trinityleague.wix.com/trinityleague#!project/cngp"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/L3WDw4K.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    [URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?629099-The-Trinity-League&p=17072951#post17072951"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MEQGRXL.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?629099-The-Trinity-League&p=17072949#post17072949"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CjLNBW3.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    [URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?629099-The-Trinity-League&p=17072949#post17072949"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6QlJMbP.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?629099-The-Trinity-League&p=17072949#post17072949"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cZS3imM.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited by cryuel; Yesterday at 9:22 PM.

~League News~

Spoiler:- Trinity League Weekly Raffle:

Spoiler:- Current openings with applicant(s) & open days for applications:

Spoiler:- Details on upcoming casual League Tournament:
    Last edited by cryuel; Yesterday at 9:23 PM.

Challengers and Leaders alike may currently view Gym Standings & Rankings on this Challenger Leaderboard for ease of use.

Spoiler:- Trinity League FAQ:

Spoiler:- The Trinity League's Hall of Fame ~ Certified Champions & Legends:

Spoiler:- Challenger Userbars:

Spoiler:- Challenger Badge Case:

Spoiler:- List of Badge links:

Spoiler:- List of Symbol links:

Spoiler:- regarding Strikes/Penalties:

Spoiler:- List of past Trinity League Leaders:
    Last edited by cryuel; 19th November 2014 at 10:25 PM.
    do u like GHOSTS? join our Club~

Credit: SwornMetalhead (Personal League Banner, Symbol), AstralShadow (League & Club Buttons) & Kida-Ookami (Badges)

Alright! Can't wait for out battles to begin! WELCOME FELLOW GYM LEADERS AND CHALLENGERS ALIKE!

Just to make a better introduction, I'm the Water Type gym leader Dew Watatsumi. Gym will be open this Saturday since I'm a bit busy at the moment. If you want to battle, I'll be available almost anytime.
    Last edited by Dew Watatsumi; 2nd April 2014 at 3:47 AM.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Hello all, I am Sito, the Electric Gym leader of the Dark Thundercloud Triad, I am glad we are finally open and I am ready for anyone who wants to challenge me
    My gym is open if anyone want to challenge me now.
    Last edited by Sito; 2nd April 2014 at 3:48 AM.
    FC: 1676-4178-1142, IGN: Sito

Trinity League Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Trinity League Battle Frontier Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Sworn Metalhead (symbol)

PokeGyms Credit: FairyWitch and Enchanted Hollow Graphics for the userbar and Azulart for the gym badge

The Trinity League has been SUPER EXCITED to open ever since we started planning our league, so... piggybacking off Dew Watatsumi, WELCOME GYM LEADERS AND CHALLENGERS ALIKE!

I'm Cryuel, one of the thread overseers and member of the Myst Blade Triad. My Ghost Gym will be open starting Thursday, ~23:00 +1 GMT.
    Last edited by cryuel; 3rd April 2014 at 2:38 AM.

Credit: SwornMetalhead (Personal League Banner, Symbol), AstralShadow (League & Club Buttons) & Kida-Ookami (Badges)

Hello guys, I'm Mr.Y, the psychic gym leader of the Hidden Powers triad and owner of the mind badge. I'm also one of the thread overseers and you guys can pm me about any questions you have. I'll also make a FAQ once i get more time and I can also help with team building and the likes, just shoot me a pm.
    My gym is going to be open on weekend .

Credit: AstralShadow (Trinity userbar) & Kida-Ookami (Trinity badge)

Credit: FairyWitch and Enchanted Hollow Graphics for the Pokegyms userbar and Azulart for the Pokegyms gym badge

FC: 4897 6238 4902

GYM LEADER
    Username/Nickname:The Mighty Tuma
    FriendCode (FC):0275-7079-9822
    Desired Gym Type: Fighting
    Do you have at least 4 Pokemon of represented type: No (would need to build team but could do so quickly)
    Why do you wish to apply? It be a fun challenge
    Prefferd battle style(s): Singles/doubles
    Badge name: The Gladiator badge
        Spoiler:- Pokegym league badges:

Spoiler:- Trinity league badges:

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Tuma View Post

GYM LEADER
    Username/Nickname:The Mighty Tuma
    FriendCode (FC):0275-7079-9822
    Desired Gym Type: Fighting
    Do you have at least 4 Pokemon of represented type: No (would need to build team but could do so quickly)
    Why do you wish to apply? It be a fun challenge
    Prefferd battle style(s): Singles/doubles
    Badge name: The Gladiator badge
    Normally, we'd need an applicant with a team of 4 of the type ready to go, but since we just opened, as long as you can actively post at least once a week and accept a challenger at least once every two weeks, accepted!
    Welcome to the Trinity League, The Mighty Tuma~

One of the thread overseers will update battle results from your challengers on the googledoc copied in the 3rd post. If you're interested in joining as one of the voluntary thread overseers at any time, shoot me a PM.
    Otherwise, have fun and, again, welcome!

Dont see a Fire Leader anywhere, but correct me if Im wrong...

GYM LEADER
    Username/Nickname: Cloneblazer12 (soon to be Clone™)
    FriendCode (FC):2423-3705-7798
    Desired Gym Type: Fire
    Do you have at least 4 Pokemon of represented type: Yes
    Why do you wish to apply? Because my old league is AWOl and I like FIre types
    Prefferd battle style(s): Singles
    Badge name: Blaze Badge

If there is a fire leader, sorry, I dont see him/her anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Dont see a Fire Leader anywhere, but correct me if Im wrong...

GYM LEADER
    Username/Nickname: Cloneblazer12 (soon to be Clone™)
    FriendCode (FC):2423-3705-7798
    Desired Gym Type: Fire
    Do you have at least 4 Pokemon of represented type: Yes
    Why do you wish to apply? Because my old league is AWOl and I like FIre types
    Badge name: Blaze Badge

If there is a fire leader, sorry, I dont see him/her anywhere
    Sorry to disappoint, but theamazinhazin of the Spirit Force Triad is our Fire Gym Leader.
    All our posts are currently filled until we have an E4 (which likely we'll have within 1-2 weeks), but we'll be looking for four more Gym Leaders then out of the types currently not yet represented.
    You're more than welcome to challenge us in the meantime!

So many type restrictions that its going to be difficult to make good challenging teams. Once I have something figured out for each triad, I'll challenge the league.
    FC: 4485-0447-2297
    IGN: Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by LynxForte View Post
    So many type restrictions that its going to be difficult to make good challenging teams. Once I have something figured out for each triad, I'll challenge the league.
    You actually don't need to follow all of them, a dark type don't count as a counter on the normal gym, while it does count as a counter at mine(psychic), so you can actually run a team with 2 fighting types and 2 dark types and you won't be counter teaming anyone.

Credit: FairyWitch and Enchanted Hollow Graphics for the Pokegyms userbar and Azulart for the Pokegyms gym badge

Quote Originally Posted by cryuel View Post
    Normally, we'd need an applicant with a team of 4 of the type ready to go, but since we just opened, as long as you can actively post at least once a week and accept a challenger at least once every two weeks, accepted!
    Welcome to the Trinity League, The Mighty Tuma~

One of the thread overseers will update battle results from your challengers on the googledoc copied in the 3rd post. If you're interested in joining as one of the voluntary thread overseers at any time, shoot me a PM.
    Otherwise, have fun and, again, welcome!
    Thank you

I'll start Building my team right away!
        Spoiler:- Pokegym league badges:

Spoiler:- Trinity league badges:

GYM LEADER
    Username/Nickname: ColtonL
    FriendCode (FC):4656-6947-6562
    Desired Gym Type: Grass
    Do you have at least 4 Pokemon of represented type: Sort of (are shinies allowed? and If not then I could come up with a team quickly)
    Why do you wish to apply? Because it sounds fun and I'd love to give it a shot! ^w^
    Badge name:Bloom Badge
    ~Credit to:Sworn Metalhead(banner)~

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Y View Post
    You actually don't need to follow all of them, a dark type don't count as a counter on the normal gym, while it does count as a counter at mine(psychic), so you can actually run a team with 2 fighting types and 2 dark types and you won't be counter teaming anyone.
    Well, I was looking at the first triad and 2 steel, 2 rock and 2 flying. They technically don't counter all the gyms in that triad, but it would be considered a counter team.

Quote Originally Posted by ColtonL View Post

GYM LEADER
    Username/Nickname: ColtonL
    FriendCode (FC):4656-6947-6562
    Desired Gym Type: Grass
    Do you have at least 4 Pokemon of represented type: Sort of (are shinies allowed? and If not then I could come up with a team quickly)
    Why do you wish to apply? Because it sounds fun and I'd love to give it a shot! ^w^
    Badge name:Bloom Badge
    Hi ColtonL!

Yes, shinies count as Gym representing Pokemon, provided they are (in your case) Grass type.
    Unfortunately(/fortunately) all our spots are covered at the moment. Once we have our E4 ready (likely in about 1-2 weeks) though, we'll be opening up 4 new positions with types not yet represented. I can put you on the waiting list for when we open up those 4 spots in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by cryuel View Post
    Hi ColtonL!

Yes, shinies count as Gym representing Pokemon, provided they are (in your case) Grass type.
    Unfortunately(/fortunately) all our spots are covered at the moment. Once we have our E4 ready (likely in about 1-2 weeks) though, we'll be opening up 4 new positions with types not yet represented. I can put you on the waiting list for when we open up those 4 spots in the meantime.
    Thank you! sorry I misperceived what that meant when I read the earlier post, but now I understand. :3
    ~Credit to:Sworn Metalhead(banner)~

Well, I was looking at the first triad and 2 steel, 2 rock and 2 flying. They technically don't counter all the gyms in that triad, but it would be considered a counter team.
    It woudn't, it's just that it isn't explained very well. The types listed are more like, types you need to watch out while making a team as using many of them may counter a certain gym.

Quote Originally Posted by ColtonL View Post
    Thank you! sorry I misperceived what that meant when I read the earlier post, but now I understand.
    also are legendaries like celebi or shaymin allowed? (I won't be disappointed if I can't use one/either I'm just curious) :3
    As we follow Smogon rules (unless otherwise stated with a Gym Leader), both of those would be allowed.

The counters vary on the gym leader you face not the whole triad on its own. Like if you are facing Water which is weak to Grass and Electric, you cant have no more than four pokes (like no whole teams made up of grass or electric) to face against that said type. In my case, 2 grass and 2 electric would be acceptable
    Last edited by Dew Watatsumi; 2nd April 2014 at 4:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Watatsumi View Post
    The counters vary on the gym leader you face not the whole triad on its own. Like if you are facing Water which is weak to Grass and Electric, you cant have no more than two pokes (2 electric, 2 grass, or 1 elec 1 grass) to face against that said type
    Its actually 4, not 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Y View Post
    Its actually 4, not 2.
    my mistake

Challenger
    Username/Nickname: LynxForte
    FriendCode (FC): 2079-7113-6439
    Challenge reason: New challenges

Challenger
    Username/Nickname: LynxForte
    FriendCode (FC): 2079-7113-6439
    Challenge reason: New challenges
    Accepted. Have fun!
    I think both Sito and Dew might be open for today if you'd still like to challenge them.

Page 1 of 234 123451151101 ... LastLast