View Poll Results: Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, change to "4 or more" (challengers can't bring 4 or more counters)

15 75.00%
  • No, leave at "more than 4" (challengers can't bring 5-6 counters, but they can bring 4)

5 25.00%
Page 62 of 243 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 6066

Thread: The Trinity League

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLanayru View Post
    That was obviously what I was afraid of. xD And I'm sitting here like, "Uhhh... should I go against the norm?" lol
    Plus, I always become wary when I see Greninja. They're everywhere! *w*
    Yeah...I don't really use Greninja anymore (I was kinda forced to use that team against you the first time because I beat Sito with it :/). If I do use Greninja, I try something different on it, like giving it a Choice Specs or something.

Also, thanks Shoveler I've been wondering how to do that for a while. Imma try it out
    3DS FC: 2079-6763-2506
    IGN: Harsal

I haven't seen Greninja much, but I do know that (sc)Rotom Wash is everwhere...It gets annoying seeing the same 20 pokes.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

I am wiped out, but those six battles were fun. xD
    Psychic gym is closed for the night. The mistress needs rest. ^^;
    Trinity League: Psychic Gym Leader & Resort Manager (Wi-fi UU) | The Eternian Forces: Harena Region's Merchant
    3DS FC: 1977-0801-2134 | NNID: SilverLanayru | Rawr~ <3

"This is the sorceress of light, who takes to the battlefield her Book of Sorcery."

Pokégyms Badge Progress | Credits

So... after 3 tries...
    Challenger's name: Sito
    Leader Type/Owner: Psychic / Silver
    Triad/Team used against this Triad: Mystic Thundercloud / Espeon, Vaporeon, Goodra, Tyranitar, Aegislash, Electivire
    Challenger Result: Loss; 0-4
    Rate your performance: 5/10
    Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
    Comments about the match: Not my lucky day xD, and I should have Defended against that, wasnt expecting it to kill me xD

Triad/Team used against this Triad: Mystic Thundercloud / Espeon, Vaporeon, Goodra, Tyranitar, Aegislash, Electivire
    Challenger Result: Loss; 0-2
    Rate your performance: 7/10
    Comments about the match: Did better, but still, that poke is really hard to beat xD

Challenger Result: Win; 5-0
    Comments about the match: And finally, on this one I managed to pick up a Sword Dance and Weakness Policy, and got a little revenge xD, awesome battle, one of the hardest gyms I have fought

Elec gym closed
    Last edited by Sito; 9th May 2014 at 8:06 AM.
    FC: 1676-4178-1142, IGN: Sito

Trinity League Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Trinity League Battle Frontier Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Sworn Metalhead (symbol)

PokeGyms Credit: FairyWitch and Enchanted Hollow Graphics for the userbar and Azulart for the gym badge

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Watatsumi View Post
    I haven't seen Greninja much, but I do know that (sc)Rotom Wash is everwhere...It gets annoying seeing the same 20 pokes.
    I honestly would use different pokemon, but I'm locked in. I literally have a full box and a half of pokemon I haven't gotten to use yet XD

I am wiped out, but those six battles were fun. xD
    Psychic gym is closed for the night. The mistress needs rest. ^^;
    Hehehe, it went 1-2-3 with how many battles it took for each challenger to secure the win :P
    You made PokePnguin and Sito fight you 2-3 times to get your badge. I'm legitimately impressed o.o
    FC: 0748-4083-2691

Master League Fire/Flying E4
    Banners: Astral Shadow Badge: Kida-Ookami Symbol: Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonMegaBeast
    I get so far by hax... only to lose by hax. ~Shoveler, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dragontamer44722 View Post
    I'm undergoing some renovations to my team since I've had my head handed to me multiple times. I may need someone to help me test some things in the future, but for now my gym is closed for a few days.
    I am too for that matter, although I'm not quite sure yet what to change. :/ If you'd like to practice and I'm online, hit me up anytime.

Whoops, I didn't know that. xD I've cleaned up my posts and added the other results to the announced post. Thanks for letting me know! ^^;
    That seems to really have been quite the grand opening you had there! Bravo, SilverLanayru! As TheShoverler1887 pointed out, try and edit if you have multi battles. You definitely don't need a spoiler tag though (even if they were quite a few battles). Makes it easier for any other people to find it if they want to read through.

Credit: SwornMetalhead (Personal League Banner, Symbol), AstralShadow (League & Club Buttons) & Kida-Ookami (Badges)

Quote Originally Posted by cryuel View Post
    I am too for that matter, although I'm not quite sure yet what to change. :/ If you'd like to practice and I'm online, hit me up anytime.

That seems to really have been quite the grand opening you had there! Bravo, SilverLanayru! As TheShoverler1887 pointed out, try and edit if you have multi battles. You definitely don't need a spoiler tag though (even if they were quite a few battles). Makes it easier for any other people to find it if they want to read through.
    On another thread, I applied for the Ghost gym position. This is mainly because YOU GOT ME ADDICTED TO SABLEYE! :P But really, I love your team, though it does need a bit of work. Maybe when Hoopa comes out it'll be less than Uber so you can use it

Is it like 8 AM for you? If so, you wake up early o.o

Also, I was thinking about building some UU pokes and going through the league with teams of only UU and lower pokemon and trying to win the badges :P You know, shooting myself in the foot like a sane person

EDIT: You know, TheShoveler1887 is a pain to write out. How about we settle on Alex/Shoveler from now on? Makes it easier on everyone

EDIT FOR 4 AM MATCHES:
    Challenger's name: Lord Fighting
    Leader Type/Owner: Bug/Shoveler
    Triad/Team used against this Triad: Abundant Savannah/Talonflame, Sylveon, Dragonite, Malamar, Kabutops, Greninja
    Challenger Result: Win 2-0
    Rate your performance: 8/10
    Comments about the match: I keep forgetting to check if you have a counter team XD I went with it anyways because buck it, it's 4 in the morning and I don't really care :P I lost at the end thanks to missing Stone Edge. There were fun predictions throughout and it was a good game.

Challenger's name: Shoveler
    Leader Type/Owner: Ice/Lord Fighting
    Triad/Team used against this Triad: Glacial Biohazard/Deoxys-S, Landorus-T, Greninja, Mawile, Scizor, Galvantula
    Challenger Result: Win 1-0
    Rate your performance: 8.5/10
    Comments about the match: Scizor is a bro, you know? Also Landorus put in a surprising amount of work given how weak it is to your team. Good predictions and NO HAX FOR ONCE!
    Last edited by TheShoveler1887; 9th May 2014 at 11:30 AM.
    FC: 0748-4083-2691

Master League Fire/Flying E4
    Banners: Astral Shadow Badge: Kida-Ookami Symbol: Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonMegaBeast
    I get so far by hax... only to lose by hax. ~Shoveler, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TheShoveler1887 View Post
    On another thread, I applied for the Ghost gym position. This is mainly because YOU GOT ME ADDICTED TO SABLEYE! :P But really, I love your team, though it does need a bit of work. Maybe when Hoopa comes out it'll be less than Uber so you can use it

Also, I was thinking about building some UU pokes and going through the league with teams of only UU and lower pokemon and trying to win the badges :P You know, shooting myself in the foot like a sane person

EDIT: You know, TheShoveler1887 is a pain to write out. How about we settle on Alex/Shoveler from now on? Makes it easier on everyone
    Lol. It's currently 10:30am for Cryuel and 9:30am for me. So cryuel posted that message at 9:08am her time. It's not that early tbh :P

I really want to build a UU team as well but I'm still waiting for smogon to release the damn tiers already before I do!!!!

Sure thing brother with the sane name

Ice gym can take a couple of challengers atm.

EDIT:

Leader Type/Owner: Ice / LF
    Triad/Team used against this Triad: Glacial Biohazard / deoxys-s, mawile, landorous-I, greninja, scizor, ?
    Comments about the match: Would have won if not for scizor's deadly bullet punch :P Close game though.

Challenger's name: LF
    Leader Type/Owner: Bug / Shoveler
    Triad/Team used against this Triad: Abundant Savanha / Kabutops, dragonite, slyveon, greninja, talonflame, malamar
    Comments about the match: Didn't get a chance to set rocks up which would have made things easier but it all came down to you missing that stone edge at the end which cost you the win And cause there was no flinching garchomp this time as well :P Very close throughout again and well played.

Thanks for the exchanging of badges ^^ Badge 12 claimed.

Ice gym now closed whilst I go do some work.
    Last edited by Lord Fighting; 9th May 2014 at 11:37 AM.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

EDIT FOR 4 AM MATCHES:
    Challenger's name: Lord Fighting
    Leader Type/Owner: Bug/Shoveler
    Triad/Team used against this Triad: Abundant Savannah/Talonflame, Sylveon, Dragonite, Malamar, Kabutops, Greninja
    Comments about the match: I keep forgetting to check if you have a counter team XD I went with it anyways because buck it, it's 4 in the morning and I don't really care :P I lost at the end thanks to missing Stone Edge. There were fun predictions throughout and it was a good game.

Leader Type/Owner: Ice/Lord Fighting
    Triad/Team used against this Triad: Glacial Biohazard/Deoxys-S, Landorus-T, Greninja, Mawile, Scizor, Galvantula
    Rate your performance: 8.5/10
    Comments about the match: Scizor is a bro, you know? Also Landorus put in a surprising amount of work given how weak it is to your team. Good predictions and NO HAX FOR ONCE!
    Like LF mentioned, it was sometime past 9. What can I say, work calls. (I try to squeeze in some league maintenance during breakfast if I can).

I'm quite confident in my Ghosts and I think I've built quite a solid foundation. (It did take you a few tries to get my badge if memory serves right ). It's synergy with my extras to counter big hitters that's more my issue. :/ Sableye is quite addictive (and cute!!! ) though. If you'd like some Ghost practice, hex hit me up anytime.

Hoopa most definitely won't be Uber, given its horrid move pool and lacklustre speed. (Not to mention 4x weakness to Dark; it's just screaming for Knock-off mons ). It has a super interesting ability though, I'll give it that.

Credit: SwornMetalhead (Personal League Banner, Symbol), AstralShadow (League & Club Buttons) & Kida-Ookami (Badges)

Elec Gym open, pm me to challenge me even if I am not online

Edit:

Challenger's name: The Mighty Tuma
    Leader Type/Owner: Elec/Sito
    Triad/Team used against this Triad: Mystic Thundercloud Triad/sharpedo,nidoking,arcanine,skarmory,espeon,manectr ic
    Challenger Result: Loss 3-0(I think)
    Comments about the match:It was a good battle xD, was lucky killed espeon on the first hit, and sharpedo can be dangerous if left alone
    Last edited by Sito; 9th May 2014 at 5:38 PM.

Trinity League Battle Frontier Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Sworn Metalhead (symbol)

PokeGyms Credit: FairyWitch and Enchanted Hollow Graphics for the userbar and Azulart for the gym badge

Any Gyms open?

Hehehe, it went 1-2-3 with how many battles it took for each challenger to secure the win :P
    You made PokePnguin and Sito fight you 2-3 times to get your badge. I'm legitimately impressed o.o
    Thanks! ^^; I noticed that pattern... kinda like a pyramid. xD
    I'm just somewhat surprised with my recent performance. Especially since I've done a loooot of breeding this generation more than battling (outside of casual multi-battles/free-for-alls). lol
    I may know a decent amount of stuff in the competitive side of things, but I'm usually battling just for fun~

Haha, thanks! And yeah, duly noted for next time. The only reason I used spoilers was because I was afraid my post might be too long after posting up those six results. xD

Anyways, I kinda overslept today. ^^;
    The psychic gym still remains closed for the time being, as I'm doing some spring cleaning with my boxes.
    (I will be opening later today... just depends on plans for tonight because I might be eating out for dinner.)
    But I am itching to get started on challenging other gyms. owo
    Last edited by SilverLanayru; 9th May 2014 at 9:13 PM.
    Trinity League: Psychic Gym Leader & Resort Manager (Wi-fi UU) | The Eternian Forces: Harena Region's Merchant

"This is the sorceress of light, who takes to the battlefield her Book of Sorcery."

Ice gym opening in 1 hour.

Edit: Ghost E3 is open for a couple of challengers (no badges needed to battle the E3). Just PM me~ closed for today. Thanks for the matches!

Spoiler:- Beware if you peek, for my ghosts from the shadows shall sneak~:

Edit:
    Challenger's name: LordFighting (unofficial Leader Vs. Leader fun match)
    Leader Type/Owner: Ghost/Cryuel
    Triad/Team used against this Triad: n.a./ Ice Leader Team
    Challenger Result: Loss 0-2 (I think?)
    Rate your performance: 9/10
    Rate opponent's performance: 7.5/10
    Comments about the match: That was exciting! Your opening was so predictable, I wasn't even sure you'd stick to it. Obviously, sticking around to Taunt your opening Pokemon and other party members paid off. Thanks for the fun match!

Spoiler:- Ghost > Ice:

Not sure who challenged me right after that (someone in my friends list), but I'm guessing due to lack of PM/VM it wasn't someone from the league? :S It was a challenger loss of 0-3 in any case.
    Last edited by cryuel; 10th May 2014 at 12:23 AM.

Ice gym back open for an hour or two.

Battle Result:

Challenger's name: Nikolaj
    Leader Type/Owner: Fighting/The Mighty Tuma
    Triad/Team used against this Triad: Umbreon, Donphan, Chandelure, Greninja, Pinsir and Metagross
    Challenger Result: Lost
    Rate opponent's performance: 9/10
    Comments about the match: Great game. The Great Tuma was pretty superior to me through out the entire match.
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. Trainer name: Nikolaj.

Trinity League Badges:

Ice gym now closed unless you message me within the next 10 mins.

E-3 Will open in 1 hour

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Cobra View Post
    Battle Result:

Challenger's name: Nikolaj
    Leader Type/Owner: Fighting/The Mighty Tuma
    Triad/Team used against this Triad: Umbreon, Donphan, Chandelure, Greninja, Pinsir and Metagross
    Challenger Result: Lost
    Rate opponent's performance: 9/10
    Comments about the match: Great game. The Great Tuma was pretty superior to me through out the entire match.
    Oh wait, you're Nikolaj. xD
    I noticed you tried to send me a battle invite earlier while I was closed and in the middle of spring cleaning. x.x; (Wasn't sure if it was for a gym battle anyway.)

And yep, it turns out I am eating out for dinner tonight after all. (I'm hoping, for a late birthday present or two, to also get Kirby: Triple Deluxe and place in my preorder for Mario Kart 8 while I'm out. >.<) So whenever I get back home from dinner, I'll open my psychic gym! ^^;

Elec gym will be open for a few more hours, pm me if you want to challenge me

Announcement to all tournament participants:

Given the majority of overlapping availability of challengers, this week's casual tournament will be held on Sunday, 2 pm (GMT -6). If you'd like to double-check what time that is compared to yours, see here. Please post directly into the League thread to "sign in", and I'll add you on a special tournament tab of the league's googledoc. We will likely have 4 rounds with the current number of players, and the tournament will follow a round robin system. Teams, once chosen, must remain the same and cannot be changed after the first match. We will use a special battle form for everyone to post after every round.

If you are interested and have not yet signed-up, in participating in the upcoming tournament this weekend, please fill out the following doodle to indicate that you'd like to join. (invite friends!! ).
    Rules as a reminder are the following:
    1. General Smogon Rules
    2. Singles 6 vs 6 format
    3. not more than 1 Legendary allowed
    4. every challenger must use a Mega Pokemon they are not familiar with (= fun factor! )
    5. in addition, every challenger should use a Pokemon they have always wanted to try, but have never really used (be creative!)

Prizes for this week include a rare 6IV Zygarde, a 5IV shiny Greninja, and an Ability Capsule/Master Ball.
    Last edited by cryuel; 10th May 2014 at 12:46 AM.

Given the majority of overlapping availability of challengers, this week's casual tournament will be held on Sunday, 2 pm (GMT -6). If you'd like to double-check what time that is compared to yours, see here. Please post directly into the League thread to "sign in", and I'll add you on a special tournament tab of the league's googledoc. We will likely have 4 rounds with the current number of players, and the tournament will follow a round robin system. Teams, once chosen, must remain the same and cannot be changed after the first match. We will use a special battle form for everyone to post after every round.

If you are interested and have not yet signed-up, in participating in the upcoming tournament this weekend, please fill out the following doodle to indicate that you'd like to join. (invite friends!! ).
    1. General Smogon Rules
    2. Singles 6 vs 6 format
    4. every challenger must use a Mega Pokemon they are not familiar with (= fun factor! )
    5. in addition, every challenger should use a Pokemon they have always wanted to try, but have never really used (be creative!)

Prizes for this week include a rare 6IV Zygarde, a 5IV shiny Greninja, and an Ability Capsule/Master Ball.
    Oh, add me xD!, still no idea what I will use xD

Edit:

Challenger's name: Twinyoshi45
    Leader Type/Owner: Elec/Sito
    Triad/Team used against this Triad: Malamar,Tyranitar,Metagross,Medichamp,Rotom-g,Greninja
    Rate your performance: 6/10
    Comments about the match:Good battle, totally wasnt expecting Leaf Storm to kill Azu in 1 hit T_T also thought you would change after that, that ruined me T_T, good game
    Last edited by Sito; 10th May 2014 at 2:16 AM.

Announcement to all League Members regarding the tournament:

1. General Smogon Rules
    2. Singles 6 vs 6 format

I'll make a quick reply to this before I get off my laptop. lol
    Count me in~! I was also finally able to figure out my team in advance, so I think I'm nearly all set. All I know is that over half of my team, I never got to use as often yet. o.o

1. General Smogon Rules
    2. Singles 6 vs 6 format

I'll join as well,
    Trinity League Badges

3DS FC: 1075-1699-3820
    Ign: GC7

1. General Smogon Rules
    2. Singles 6 vs 6 format

Will it be too much of a bother if I dont show up by 2? I know my name is on the doodle but some plans popped up so I can do it later than 4(GMT -6)

Page 62 of 243 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast